A new version is in the works courtesy of Amazon Prime and the two lead roles have been cast today...

>a new version is in the works courtesy of Amazon Prime and the two lead roles have been cast today. Sam Strike (Nightflyers) will play The Gunslinger, while Jasper Pääkkönen (BlacKkKlansman) is set to play Marten, a.k.a. The Man in Black.

>Completely independent of the movie, Elba will clearly no longer be making an appearance and it's said that we're getting a much more faithful take on the material. In fact, it's being reported that "it will take place many years before the events depicted in the feature and will focus on Roland Deschain's origin story – how he first became a gunslinger and got his guns, his first conflict with the man in black, his first love and his first mission as a gunslinger."

comicbookmovie.com/fantasy/the-dark-tower-casts-a-new-gunslinger-and-man-in-black-for-the-amazon-tv-series-a167306

Attached: B06A80A6-9D4C-4B55-9E03-B26A400C3CAA.jpg (750x618, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tAcftIUE6MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IxPNiKc_yXI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

About fuckin' time.

I've been a Kingfag/ Tower Junkie since the 90s, but didn't bother seeing TDT because it looked like ass and I heard that they combined seven books into one 90-minute shitball.

This makes me excite. Wizard and Glass was a really fun read.

Good casting for the Man in Black. Waiting for the Twitter outrage about them whitewashing The Gunslinger even though the character was always white.

>even though the character was always white
His first description was someone who looks "half Cherokee, half Amish". It was only in future reshuffles that he began to look like Clint Eastwood and then exactly like Stephen King.

Wizard and the Glass tv Series HOLY FUCK

Attached: witness.jpg (1425x1425, 289K)

TORILLE

Attached: salatut-elamat-saku.jpg (1600x900, 366K)

Wizard and Glass may be my favorite King book. It's perfect.

Jasper Pääkkönen can't act though.

It's a pity Clint Eastwood's son can't act for shit. I'm hoping Timothy Olyphant will play older Roland

Attached: Roland.jpg (1536x1030, 198K)

Attached: 1333823045001.png (345x310, 170K)

I watched it on a plane. It was fucking terrible

I wouldn't say Timmy The Elephant can act much either desu.
Still love that handsome autismo fuck though.

Olyphants a cuck, fuck him.

Idris Elba/John Boyega BTFO! I'll pay for amazon prime just for the fact that Daddy Benzos cast Roland as he's supposed to be.

>Applies memes to real life
Opinion disregarded

thought that was a woman on the left

Stop typecasting him in roles that require a stetson. Also, he's very old now. Have you seen the new Deadwood trailer?

He can, but his accent is shit.

>theyre both white
wtf

I genuinely want to see the outrage articles. You just know there are a few being written right now. Mendelson wouldn't miss this.

>he's very old now
He's not too old to play older Roland.

I made this thread first reeeee

I guess.
youtu.be/tAcftIUE6MQ

>Walton Goggins as MIB
WELL WELL WELL

>Walton Goggins as MIB
Unironically great casting.

Finns aren't white

That would be worth watching, if only for the memes it would generate.

>WELL WELL WELL
AS I LIVE AND BREATHE

I need more Goggins in my life.

yes. this is why stephen king never objected to all the official art that depicts roland as a gruff gaunt white guy

same. make sure you've read The Wind Through the Keyhole since it partially takes place in and around Mejis in the Wizard and Glass era

>I wouldn't say Timmy The Elephant can act much either desu.
Then you should watch Deadwood, in which he is exceptional.

Attached: Untitled2.jpg (473x390, 75K)

Torille

Attached: torilla tavataan.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Who's this?

Is Shield worth watching?

T O R I L L E
O
R
I
L
L
E

wait wtf, they're doing a dark tower tv series?

>Wizard and Glass
Fuck, why couldn't it have been literally anything else from the series

Is the lack of forced diversity here a positive sign for the upcoming LOTR series?

When I first read Wizard I didn't like it I thought it was too fucking long and drawn out giving it another read after Keyhole I liked it much more.
I think most of it was I knew Callahan was going to be in the next book and I loved Salems lot in Middle School.

Pretty much. 500 pages of Roland fucking some local bitch and we are suppose to swallow that it was some eternal love for the ages.
The fall of Gilead gets a paragraph with oh-so-important members of the ka-tet have like one line death scenes.

Sounds like they're using the comic plot, maybe to plagiarize the visuals. It wasn't bad - much better than the terrible movie.

>The fall of Gilead gets a paragraph
All things considered this was the best option.
Not touching on it directly makes it more interesting.
Of course wizard is useless since you already know all the characters but Roland die.

>thinking King can write good stories

literally one of the only good books King has ever written

i like how he left the fall mostly up to the imagination, i wouldn't want to read an entire book dedicated to explaining it

He was the best part of BlacKKKlansman

Attached: 1520757823031.jpg (658x565, 38K)

I'm guessing they are going to pull things from The Gunslinger like Roland's battle with Cort, which I don't mind. However, if this is really going to be picked up as a full on reboot, start with old Roland and the original quote of "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed' before dipping into the past.

PääKKKönen.

>i like how he left the fall mostly up to the imagination, i wouldn't want to read an entire book dedicated to explaining it
This.

Also, if anyone here hasn't read Wind Through The Keyhole, you absolutely should. The sharp drop in story quality from Books 5-7 makes a hard U-turn.

The only thing of his worse than W&G is Joyland

JUMALAUTA

probaly a witcher/netflix type situation. they cast the leads white and fill the rest of the cast with diversity hires.

you're just a pleb, the other Dark Tower books minus the first one are excruciating

yea i havent read that one. i might get around to it one day but the last book left a bad taste in my mouth and i dont really care anymore

That was my problem with the book in the first place. I didn't want to know Roland's back story. It takes away from his character. Having little nods to it here and there was the best option, but W&G shows way too much and doesn't even make it interesting..

i liked it much more than wolves of calla. christ that shit was fucking unbearable

Yeah, and Goggins is the best part.

I can mostly agree with this, though. The first one is great, then the next two range from okay to bad. W&G is terrible, and the last three have good moments sprinkled in with tons of shit.

>its a 'detta has sex with a demon chapter
HONK MAFAH

Maybe you're right. Still even this was somehow fucked up by making every minor villain some shapeshifting Randall Flagg bullshit.

This. I have mixed feeling on King and his writing, but this is one of the best openings to a book ever. One sentence creates an entire mood and atmosphere. If they have any sense it should start with that then become an extended flashback, which they return from and move into the 1st book for season 2.

The first one is kino. Although, I only read the original version, where the Man in Black dies at the end and is not the same person as Marten and every other villain not Farson.
The second and third book move at a nice pace and saving Jake was great. The Ageless stranger resurrecting Tick-Tock Man was pretty hype for me, but honestly led to nothing. The whole series goes off the rails with the resolution of Blaine the mono thing. The meta bullshit and the pretentious attitude King has against the word meta while at the same time indulging in it, lightsabers, Doctor Dooms, Harry Potter, to much to name.
The ending where it turns out that the Tower is willing to sacrifice the safety of the multiverse just to tech Roland a lesson in picking up musical instruments off the ground and not killing his friends was a huge what the fuck. and the whole maybe next time it's gonna the last one. Fuck that after 7 books you better show me the last cycle, not a hyotetical next-to-last. Just because the opening lines of the first book were great doesn't mean that the book can't end in any other way. Plenty of book have great opening lines, but don't end just by repeating them. But, King was always shit at endings.

Didn't the movie for this just fucking bomb terribly? Who do they expect to reach with this shit?
Yeah okay, nevermind. The answer is retards

What was annoying about the comic is that it looked great (at times even amusingly dramatic), but it felt really empty.

>i like how he left the fall mostly up to the imagination
It's as though everyone has forgotten how cool a mysterious origin can be. In the quest to squeeze every dollar out of every popular IP in existence, we've destroyed so many cool characters. Some characters break when you reveal their past because it can never live up to the reader's/viewer's imagination.

What happened to Idris Elba? Did they can him because his movie didn't sell, because he looks nothing like the role? Isn't that racist? They should've just doubled down, made ten more movies with him, called everyone who didn't watch it racist. That always works, doesn't it?

Good!

>King was always shit at endings
I feel like he could have done some amazing work if he'd partnered with someone better at the planning and logistics. King admits he never has an ending in mind. He just brute forces 500+ pages into existence and ends it clumsily when he's tired of writing. He is amazing at setting things up though, and at fleshing out characters. He's 50% of a brilliant writer. Great ideas, great descriptions, and great characters. Shit plot, shit narrative organization, shit endings.

This is why his movies vary so wildly. The best ones are the ones where a film maker takes his general idea and beats it into serviceable shape. Whenever anyone faithfully adapts one of his books it always falls somewhere between Meh and Hard Cringe.

It did bomb, but literally the only thing that movie had in common with the material it was supposedly adapting was the title and name of the main character. They could not be farther from each other if they tried.
Making something that the fans would want to watch might actually make at least the production budget back. Also making it a TV series means you don't have to squeeze it all in 95 minutes. These fucking books are dense with detail, it's not like a Harry Potter book which is just a collection of plot points. I'm not saying that makes them good books, just that adapting like this might be a better idea.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 17.59.37.png (1416x472, 285K)

>yea i havent read that one. i might get around to it one day but the last book left a bad taste in my mouth and i dont really care anymore
Same here, but WTTK allows you to pretend Wolves, Song, and TDT didn't happen. I don't know if King was back on coke when he wrote it but it slots in perfectly next to Wizard and Glass.

>surely this time my corporate overlords will do it good

I feel like you called me a retard even though I said I didn't watch TDT because it looked terrible.

>still no viggo
sad

Say no more, my incel friend.

Consider yourself lucky. I saw it out of curiosity while I was on a flight and it was easily the worst movie there in the selection. It had absolutely fuck all to do with the main story and felt like it was trying to imitate an MCU movie. Everything just felt bland as fuck,

>What is watching a pirated download copy months after the fact because I had nothing better to do and wanted to see how badly they screwed up
But then again, you are not trying to be reasonable, you just want to call people names. Last (You), boy, don't use it all at once.

>starting with Wizard and Glass
oh lord my body is ready. even when they will cast a black actress for susan, i won't fucking mind. plus wmbf is great cuz it triggers blacks

does this happen in the books

Attached: The Dark Tower (2017).webm (1920x800, 2.79M)

>I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS TV SERIES CANT WAIT TO WATCH IT
>this is totally related to a shit movie

So whose idea was it to make the movie a sequel to the books and yet really just an incoherent mess of random scenes from the books thrown in with shit that doesn't work for either fans or newcomers? The movie was doomed from the beginning.

>cast a black actress for susan
What's the point if they can't push their BMWF agenda? They'll just make one of Roland's ka-tet black to cover the diversity quota.

fucking kino
he didnt see that coming
the man in black is no match for the black man.

Glad to see Jasper moving forward.

Attached: Finland tragedy of the north.jpg (1167x861, 53K)

Not even kidding, they were banking on Elba selling the movie.

This is the same reason why the Gits live action movie failed.

Wizard and Glass was kino of the highest magnitude.

So does Roland have the ability to slow down bullets, cause this makes no fucking sense.

literal penis head

Book rankings.

Kino:
The Drawing of the Three, Wizard and Glass. The Gunslinger

High tier:
The Wastelands, The Dark Tower, Wolves of the Callah.

Shit tier:
Song of Susannah

Why do you even exist tier?:
Through the Keyhole

dunno, I only read the first book. I forgot how his skills work, actually. It's a quick read though. Dude should have curved the bullet instead

Oh god, they're going to make Bert the sassy black guy, aren't they.

WELL WELL WELL

ROLLIN DA CHAIN AS I LEAVE AND BREETH...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

He never objected to the movie casting a black guy either.

The gunplay was literally the only good thing about the movie.

This shot in the movie doesn't happen in the book. Roland doesn't have any special bullshit shooting powers other then shooting really fast and being accurate as fuck.

Nah. Alain will be black, cuz he was the smart one.

Anything he says these days is suspect. He's gone off the reservation, nutso, so far left to be clinically brain dead.

He had sick reloading skills too

>I forgot how his skills work
His aim is really good with basically any ranged weapon and he draws really fast. Those are his, and every other gunslinger's, skills.

two white men. Am I seeing things. I can't believe this happened in 2019.

Don't forget the howken.

oh I know it's just a repeat of the black Hermione shit, the point I was making was that his visual portrayals have always been a certain way so it is strange that they chose elba (though perhaps somewhat forgivable because of the multiverse stuff). The problem is that SJW types double down on "roland was always black!!" garbage when they could actually justify the change within the context of the universe

This. Rule of cool, in fantasy setting it's fine to show a mythical gunslinger capable of crazy things. Only complete autists disagree.

Ending was perfectly fine. Not sure what you think would have been better.

It was a sequel to the books. And yes, it was really really awful.

literally the best book in the saga, arguably one of the best books King has written

based wmbf posters
Doesn't Roland end up with a black women later in the books?

The first one is easily the best, followed by Through the Keyhole

>The Gunslinger is the only book in the series I think is actually good.
>Hell, it's not just good, it's one of the best things he's ever written
>in his introduction to the series, he says how it's the worst one and you just have to force yourself through it until you get to the Drawing of the Three

fuck

NEEKERIT VITTUUN SUOMESTA

Okay the movie sucked but you haven't read the books.

The movie is a sequel to the books, and the movie has parts of the books in it because..... the books end on a TIME FUCKING LOOP

GODDAMMIT HOW THE FUCK CAN SO MANY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THE BOOKS AND NOT ACTUALLY HAVE READ THE BOOKS. 9/10 POST ARE BY JACKASSES WHO DIDN'T ACTUALLY READ THE BOOKS BITCHING ABOUT HOW THE MOVIE ISN'T LIKE THE BOOKS

But I did read the books, user. There's not much else to do in prison but read.

half Cherokee half amish isn't a nigger you fucking retard

Not that I remember, it's been a while. The main couple of the majority of the books is Eddie and Susannah, though.

C

R

I

N

G

E

Also, the two leads look like the same person aged 5 years apart. Casting is key and like a nigger Gunslinger, this one will fail miserably as well (see Castle Rock).

The King is dead.

this. the only people who care about this shit are bookfags like those that bitch about GOT all day, every day - there is no pleasing lifeless, friendless, losers.

>time is a flat circle ending

This ouroboros shit was never explored in the previous 7 books so introducing it literally at the end as some form of karmic punishment for Roland was hackery. I was under the impression that the Tower was in danger and by extension reality itself was jeopardized. Nope. Let's risk everything again and again to teach Roland a lesson. The fuck happens if Roland dies before reaching the Tower? Reality itself goes bye-bye or does it reset anyway?

Is this gonna be late 2000s good? Or is this gonna be 98lb grill is stronger and smarter than the MC?

>smirks gleefully with head cocked slightly, squinted eyes pointed to the corner of the frame

Attached: 01.jpg (694x960, 57K)

>Doesn't Roland end up with a black women later in the books?
He has a one-night fling with a woman in the Calla who's sort of Hispanic-looking.

I don't remember the ethnicity of the woman he fucks in Keystone Earth, but she's probably either white or jewish.

>Waiting for the Twitter
what the fuck is wrong with you? i would murder you

Maria Järvenhelmi

Jesus fucking christ, finally some good news.

I hope they cast viggo for old roland deschain

I guess the important thing is that I'm happy with this news and am looking forward to this with enthusiasm, while you're... whatever it is you're about.

Howdy kitty

Ok, you know Amish people are white and speak German right?

>Walton Goggins
Wait, didn't they dig coal together?

>he's white
What the fuck!? Has netflix been infiltrated by nazis? We all know that the gunslinger is a black man like Idris Elba and the title "the dark tower" refers to his overwhelming BBC.

This actually sounds neat. I'm not a big King fan but I read a bunch of his books when I was a teenager and the Dark Tower series is some of his best work, at least the first three books. There is only one of his novels I like better.

Attached: 1542553029940.jpg (911x804, 227K)

>roland described as looking like clint eastwood
>netflix casts a babyfaced wanker with no resemblance
Dropped

I appreciated W&G for giving us more of based Cuthbert, but you're right that I honestly don't give a rat fuck about his drama with the Delgado bitch.

At least he isn't racially ambiguous

youtube.com/watch?v=IxPNiKc_yXI

this is now a Salkkarit thread

Attached: salatut elämät.jpg (187x300, 23K)

Wind through the keyhole was the best dark tower book......

How dare they whitewash Roland
And how dare Stephen King sell the rights for a new Dark Tower so soon, the fucking racist

as opposed to when he was a coke addict writing about child orgies

I thought that Roland was too young looking, but if it starts with Wizard and Glass then that's probably fine. They had to age up the characters to show the sex scenes, I'm sure.

>There is only one of his novels I like better.
Which one?

Half cherokee can be descriptive and not literal. As in high cheekbones and squinting eyes. You know, like Clint

Dutch.

This user knows what's up.

Olyphant already did play a convincing Eastwood in Rango.

>not having drawing of the three in kino tier
>having Gunslinger in kino tier
Everything else is good though

>tags: rape, demon, large penis, stomach deformation, amputee, NTR, vore, femdom

Christ above will they stop already

Ka being a wheel is repeated over and over and over throughout the entire series, dipshit.

The Eyes of the Dragon.
Sometimes I wish he would have just been a fantasy author.

Gunslinger is kino.

Fuck the tower, where's my Long Walk TV Series.

>not being able to read

>Yea Forums has good taste for once
Well I'll be damned.

>Fuck the tower, where's my Long Walk TV Series.
Man... If they stayed true to the book that would be amazing.

All they had to do was keep the cast white and now everyone wants to see it. Isn't it crazy how that works, Hollywood?

Wizard and Glass is THE read of the DT series.

t.hyped af

based

so the gunslinger is just a kid? what the fuck

correct, except wolves of callah is somewhere between low and shit tier, just add a low tier and toss wolves in there and it's fine.
actually, wolves would have been fine if not for doctor doom robots with lightsabers. if they were just low men stealing kids, that would have been fine.

>how do i into reading comprehension?

Attached: viggo deschain.jpg (2588x3600, 2.2M)

See Deadwood. Also really funny in Santa Clarita where he's basically told to take everything in the worst way possible for each moment.

and dark skin from wandering the desert for decades
also like clint

holy fucking based, at least its no longer a nigger. finally a good reason to use my rare pepe
but i mean ... it's still gonna be some gay shit, because it's the current year, so I'm gonna curb my enthusiasm

Attached: gunslinger pepe.png (800x800, 308K)

Same could be said of Diablo which sadly focused too much on Scott Eastwood and not on true KINO Goggins' performance.

and i feel like syfy or AMC could do a good 5-8 part series "event". it's not outlandish, doesnt need a massive production budget, no cgi scifi monsters and all kinds of other dumb bullshit, just take some of the 'fuck's out of the book and keep the rest of the language the same. it could be solid tv kino

So is the world going to act like that Dark Tower movie never happened? The one that went to DVD like a month after release?

>hasn't read the books, but will still complain about the finished product

spotted the brainlet

yes, it's better that way

They should be ashamed of themselves for whitewashing such a proud black protagonist like that. Fucking shameful.

song of susannah is so fucking awful holy fucking god i dont know how i finished that book

honestly I can almost see the actor on the left as a young Roland. Not an entirely bad pick. Maybe not quite masculine enough from the facial features.

why are they starting with rolands past? that's kind of odd.