Watching alien 3 for the first time, is resurrection better or worse?

Watching alien 3 for the first time, is resurrection better or worse?

Attached: v1.jpg (300x300, 20K)

Watch and formulate your own ideas cunt face

it was made by the director of Amelie
imagine an Alien movie with the goofiness of The Fifth Element but none of the characters are likable

The only cool part of ressurection is the ripley clone begging for death

Resurrection has a few cool scenes but that's it. Also watch the Assembly Cut of Alien 3 or don't watch it at all.

Is there a more aesthetically cool monster than the alien?

the alien series is poop after aliens
>studios need another cashgrab
>what do we got that has name recognition?
bleh

Wait til Disney gets their hands on it.

fpbp

Which cut are you watching: pleb or patrician

Resurrection is fucking terrible. Not even Sigourney Weaver and Michael Wincott could save that utter Whedon dumpster fire.

Attached: robert de niro laughing.jpg (480x360, 10K)

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Terrible. Why in the world is there CGI xeno?

Different type of bad, different type of redeeming parts.

Essentially
>I like dick

saw this movie on a special early screening sponsored by a local rock station.
People in the theater were literally saying "what the fuck did I just see?" when it ended

Wincott is a very underrated actor but the thing I remember the most about his scenes was the ass on his girl.

Attached: logh-meme-1.jpg (640x480, 39K)

stupid comment

Yo lil Donnie

Attached: jjjj.jpg (640x270, 47K)

Do yourself a favor and watch the work print cut of Alien 3.
Resurrection has some problems, but its mostly the fault of the Joss Weedon script being tonally all wrong.
Production wise its a lot better than people give it credit for.
Jean pierre jeunet is just so weird and french I have a hard time not liking his movies on principal.
Go out and buy the blu ray box set of the first four alien movies. It's a quality transfer and all the movies look great, but the best part are all the commentary tracks and featurettes for all four movies. It really will give you a new appreciation for all of the alien movies.
Worth it just to hear Scott's super informative commentary, and every cameron commentary is gold because hes the master of the backhanded compliment and a wealth of shit talking.

>Wincott is a very underrated actor
I saw this in the theater and got hyped that based Wincott was going to be the main character in something... And then hes like the first to die.
I'm still mad.

JUST LET A FACEHUGGER PLANT AN EMBRYO INSIDE OF ME BET YOU FEEL REAL SUPID NOW HUH?

Alien Resurrection is one of the most shockingly bad major theatrical releases I've ever seen. It's on par with Battlefield Earth in terms of screenwriting and tonal consistency. What a fucking piece of trash.

The opening shot of a guy sneezing and wiping his snot off the camera (viewer) is like a thesis statement for what the director thinks about you and the franchise.

Better but also *sniff*

Attached: kim-flowers-bum-alien-resurrection.jpg (500x214, 19K)

Alien - 9/10
Aliens - 9/10
Alien 3 - 7/10
Alien Resurrection - 6/10

I could bump Alien 3 to an 8/10 for its cast.

More like city of lost children with Ayy Lmaos.

I liked the cast to Resurrection but everything else was a bit shit.

Much much worse.
3 is massively flawed for a variety of reasons but Resurrection is just pure shite regardless of a small amount of fun scenery chewing from Brad Dourf and as this user said the one genuinely memorable scene in the film.

It was unaldultered shit. Stop at Alien 3.

somewhat off topic - but this alien from resurrection, it reminds me of RE2's William Birkin in his G3 stage in the remake.

u guys should check it out, the face is pretty similar

3 was too bleak. It however..... felt right

Alien > Alien Isolation > Alien 3 = Alien 2 > Alien Resurrection

Read an interview with Whedon sometime ago, apparently the studio made so many retarded changes to his screenplay that he didn't even want his name associated with Resurrection. Maybe he's just saying that after the fact that it's universally disliked, I liked Firefly/Serenity but think Joss is a libtarded overrated faggot.

I want Danny Boyle to make an Alien film.

I actually quite liked covenant