How's your movie coming along, Yea Forums?

How's your movie coming along, Yea Forums?

I was 27 when I made Boogie Nights.

Attached: 240px-Paul_Thomas_Anderson_2007_crop.jpg (240x310, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AIsHzkrT6qI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rather be nothing at all than a hack

well, you already mastered the first part. Time to move on.

And you were 47 when you made Phantom Thread. Think about it....

i hope i can make one when i reach 30

Not bad PTA, thanks, I'm working on a feature in the summer, hope it goes well, have a good day

I’m 21 and I’ve made shit, healthy fibrous shit you fucking self righteous genius

Only time I tried my hand at shooting and lighting and editing something
youtu.be/AIsHzkrT6qI

im 30 and ive worked on a few. 2 of them one some oscar.

I dunno if I can make a good movie. might come out as some dumb pretentious movie

I got an epic screenplay written. Just gotta sell it to the right people.

>2 of them one some oscar
I actually believe you because you sound mexican

Fucking don't use autofocus you idiot.

Not bad. What did you shoot on?

Attached: 571.png (658x901, 81K)

Reminder that Phantom Thread is kino until the retarded fucking poisoning shit starts.
When I was 12, the FIRST movie I fell asleep to was Godfather part 3.
Now, 10 years later, the SECOND movie I fell asleep to was fucking Phantom Thread.
Loved the beginning and the way he approached the two characters' relationship, but fuck me did he lose me in the 2nd half.
Not to mention that I did eventually finish Godfather part 3 and it was a completely decent watch - I don't think I could ever rewatch Phantom Thread and enjoy that stupid retarded idiotic nigger-shit cunt-faced malignant mushroom bullshit.

he filmed this by himself

Why do people forget about Hard Eight? He made his feature debut when he was 25.

It's not like he was shooting on an Alexa. He could pull focus himself, right?

>he'll never stop actors from criticizing my movie
feels bad man

Which movie was Krasinsky talking about?

Not so good. I got a dozen screenplay ideas, one of which is actually fleshed out and doable, another which I've written about 60% of the first draft.

2 weeks ago I got 3 friends and we shot a 2min """movie""" which was pretty horrible but I'm somewhat proud of.

I used that, and a 10 page excerpt from the screenplay for an interview to film school, which I completely failed.

I'm at a loss on how to break into the industry now but the tentative plan is to intern at some production company.

Attached: everything.jpg (242x208, 34K)

Did you upload on YouTube?

most movies are shot on an Alexa.

you'd be surprised what you watch tho that is filmed with DSLR cause the Alexa can break during a shoot.

he could of cheated the focus desu

Based user reading my blog posts.
But this user is right . It was a mistake. Should've locked the camera in MF

>I'm at a loss on how to break into the industry now but the tentative plan is to intern at some production company.

move to a major city that works on films. Apply to production / post production houses. its a job like anything else. start applying.

I'm 34, I've made a few successful memes and well i guess you could say I'm doing quite well for myself

I never found out.

I have 0 experience working on set. I'm only somewhat familiar with post production because I fucked around making dumb youtube videos a lot like everyone else.

I'm not going to share it on the public thread but talk to me on discord a bit more and I'll show it to you.

The lighting is actually pretty well done. The contrast is good for BW. Nice work, user.

So who was it

Does anyone have a finished screenplay written?

He was 26 when Boogie Nights was shot. He was 27 when it was released to theaters. He was 24 (almost 25) when Boogie Nights was green-lit to start production by New Line Cinema.

>Anderson was born June 26, 1970, in Studio City, Los Angeles, to Edwina and Ernie Anderson. Ernie was an actor who was the voice of ABC and a Cleveland television late-night horror movie host known as "Ghoulardi'. Anderson grew up in the San Fernando Valley.

Oh wow his parents were in the industry. Would've never guessed.

>Anderson attended Santa Monica College before enrolling and spending two semesters as an English major at Emerson College where he was taught by David Foster Wallace, and only two days at New York University before he began his career as a production assistant on television films, music videos and game shows in Los Angeles and New York City.

Oh wow his rich parents could afford to let him fuck around in prestigious univeristies. Would've never guessed.

Yeah user you lazy fucks! Why haven't you started your film career? All you need are rich parents who work in the industry. Are you retards just too fucking lazy or what?

>have 0 experience working on set.
again move to a major city that works on movies. I live in toronto the film industry here is big. So its not out of the ordinary for someone to work on set. They always need new people / someone calls in sick.

almost like lots of people in orlando work at disney. its not odd for someone to work at disney.

>eah user you lazy fucks! Why haven't you started your film career? All you need are rich parents who work in the industry. Are you retards just too fucking lazy or what?

this.

yeah that's the joke
good job reddit

That's how every young director gets started. Look at the Safdie Brothers, related to some big rich jew artist. No one young gets famous organically, there simply aren't enough opportunities. If you got to Hollywood and start working, you'll be a fucking slave for some rich asshole who's parents own a production company. If you want to really get famous, you need to make money some other way. Invent something, start a buisness, be a doctor. It doesn't matter, just do it. And then take all that money you make an save it. Don't buy a house, save up 200k or more and then make your masterpiece. Distribute it, show it at film festivals. And if it's cucked enough, you'll start getting offers. That's the only way to make it. Starting at the bottom never works, it's like running a race where the other runners have a 20 minute head start.

you gave it away with the word "cuck"