Just saw Jordan Peele's Us a few hours ago. Ask me stuff if you want

Just saw Jordan Peele's Us a few hours ago. Ask me stuff if you want.

Attached: images(2).jpg (299x168, 13K)

Why did you go see the movie?

Who was in the wrong there

Whats the plot

Live in LA. Get free tickets to shit sometimes.

How awful are white people? Is everyone literally hitler?

Does the studio think its going to bomb and is that why they paid shills to spam it so hard on here even though everyone thinks he is a mediocre nigger who brings nothing new or interesting to the table?

Doppelgangers attack family. Action/horror stuff happens. Family escape. Doppelgangers attacking people all over the city as the movie ends.

Movie is ok, the best thing about the movie is Lupita. She kills it. Also it's not as "we wuz kangz" political as get out. Just a popcorn thriller. 6-7/10.

Is it just black "The Strangers: Prey at Night"?

What was the social commentary about.

Give me the spoilers please.

Is it true that Lupita's character was the real doppelganger all along?

"We are our own worst enemies" type shit. Some pro-immigration shit thrown in, and some economic inequality stuff, because the white family they're friends with is richer than then.

Why do blacks smell so bad? Do you consider them to be human? Thanks

That's right. That's the only "twist" in the movie.

What's the ending?

The family escapes, and there's news of doppelgangers killing people all over the city.

Was the rape scene tasteful?

>Us seems merely the sum of the first film's critical effluent and influent, wish-determining the new movie's monody of genre and monotony of tone in the name of a specious homogeneity

Attached: gigachad.png (859x960, 327K)

What were the bathrooms like?

How did you watch the movie ?

Search "Nigel Andrews" on Twitter and see people chimping out

What is your opinion on the #GetBlacked movement?

So what exactly are the "Tethered"?

Literally me

post detailed plot

Failed experiments that were abandoned

I mean why are they dopplegangers? Clones? Or were they the original people all along?

So how would you rate the direction and visuals? Is it tv movie tier?

Yeah pretty much. Wouldn't buy tickets. Wait for it to come to streaming.

1986 - Kid is at the fair with her family. She goes into a mirror house, meets someone who looks like her, and is disturbed.
Present - Kid is grown up. Her husband and two kids are going on vacation to their summer home. They go to the beach to meet their friends. She is still affected since the beach is where the incident happened. At night, the clones invade their home. Horror stuff happens. The family escape to their friends home but their friends were already killed by their own clones. They kill the clones and discover that clones are killing everyone in town. They go out to find help. The clone family attack again. The mother clone kidnaps the real son. The mother goes after her into the mirror house. Inside she finds a weird facility full of rabbits. She confronts her clone and kills her. The mother saves her son and reunites with her family. They drive off and its revealed that the Mother was the actual clone. The clone replaced her real self as a kid and locked her underground. The real self went crazy underground and led the rebellion in revenge. The end shows the clones continuing their rampage across America.

wow that sounds fucking gay

Why do some look fucked up? Why was the mother "normal" looking?

Why are there clones of everyone, even the children?

Thought as much. In terms of cliche horror tropes usage, would you say it plays with them like subverting them or does it avoid them? Or does he play it straight like a generic horror movie?

What's the meaning of the rabbits?

It plays it straight

>The murderous doppelgängers are called ”Tethers.” They are the failed results of a secret government experiment that created clones of people, all of whom inhabited the thousands of miles of abandoned tunnels that run underneath the United States. (Because of the film’s lean $20 million budget, we don’t see miles of tunnels, only just a single long hallway.) The project, whatever it was, was a failure, because it was found that the clones only replicated the bodies of its originals and not their souls. After the project was cancelled, the “Tethers” were left to wander and fend for themselves in the tunnels. This is why they fed off of rabbits and who knows what else that lurks underground.
>“Red,” who is the clone of main character Adelaide (Lupita Nyong’o) — or so you think at first — is the leader of the Tethers. Inspired by the 1986 charity event Hands Across America, Red organizes the Tethers to eventually rise up and take back their place above ground
>In the film’s prologue, set in Santa Cruz Beach in 1986, a young Adelaide (played by child actor Madison Curry) wanders into a hall of mirrors that connects to the home of the Tethers underground. On that fateful night, Adelaide meets Red, her double, and Red quickly “switches” places with her. This is why, to Adelaide’s parents, she had “changed” after the beach. This is why Adelaide didn’t speak and was so unlike herself. It was because she literally wasn’t their daughter. Adelaide’s parents had unwittingly adopted the clone of their daughter, who eventually learned to live above ground, grow up, marry, and suppress the memories of her life in the tunnels.

how garbage was the directing Peele is an amateur

>One last important bit to know about Us is the recurring motif of a Bible verse, Jeremiah 11:11. It is seen inscribed on a sign held by a homeless on the beach, and “11:11” is a recurring visual for Adelaide throughout the film. Besides the obvious allusion to twins and mirrors with the “11:11” part, the verse says (in the New American Standard Bible translation):

Therefore thus says the LORD, “Behold I am bringing disaster on them which they will not be able to escape; though they will cry to Me, yet I will not listen to them.”

Taken in isolation, it’s an ominous verse that alludes to doom. It’s basically the Bible equivalent of Rorschach in Watchmen (“The world will look up and shout, ‘Save us!’ And I’ll whisper, ‘No.’”) or the Borg in Star Trek. (“Resistance is futile.”)

But in the whole Book of Jeremiah, the verse emphasizes some of the themes in Us. In the Bible, the Book of Jeremiah is an Old Testament book that has nothing but bad news for the Jews in exile after Babylon. Basically, God is mighty pissed that the Jews dared to practice Pagan worship and false idolatry. While there is no such godly authority figure in Us, it reads more clearly from the perspective of Adelaide. Adelaide is pissed that Red got to live a life above the surface and have a family, while Adelaide dwelled in darkness and gave birth to monsters to a soulless husband, Abraham (another telling Biblical allusion) underground. Red is the false, Pagan idol, while Adelaide is the real deal but was shunned by the world, so to speak.

and the film failed explain any of this, i honestly feel this film is a sketch trash with a lot of plot hole and shit character.

Honestly, the main cast have no reason to be black at all, replace it with asian family and it will all be the same shit

how dare they

How was Lupita’s performance?

pretty good i would say

So does red who has no soul show "soul" as she lives her life as Adelaide?

Also how does this show black people are their worst enemies? Are the soulless clones supposed represent black communities with red escaping them and living a great life. While a normie Adelaide is ruined by the black community?

Pretty sure the white family had their own clones, not just the negros, its even implied that most americans have their own doppelganger

They share souls but the inhuman part comes from the life underground apparently. So Red becomes more human above ground but she's still different from Adelaide.

Its just a straight horror movie. All of that black people are their worst enemies thing is shitposting.

Lacking in specious homogeneity

>black people casting
aaaaaaand drooooooooooo....

Great as Adelaide & Red

Niggers dont have souls so using them as soulless monsters is accutate to reality.

Why is he trying to ruin twilight zone?

granted im not tapped into black twitter but there seems to be very little hype for this movie

>here
>thinking Yea Forums matters