What are the best 2010s horror movies?

What are the best 2010s horror movies?

Attached: 1 vyCnCDhs0MIUUh4u75Kobg.jpg (1200x675, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m8H3M0DDWDs
youtube.com/watch?v=3PbqIxvEgWE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

certainly not the heaping pile of shit from the pic you posted

sneeed

The Witch. Greatest pleb filter of the 21st century.

Empire of Dust, in a way

Annihilation

If you aren't going to offer a suggestion, you can fuck right off.

pic unrelated :)

fpbp
Halloween 2018 was total shit from the epic MCU style quips to Michael being wailed on by three roasties for 20 minutes. It had a good soundtrack though

There were a few cute ones. The Farm, Night Shift, and Last Shift.
>the farm
couple gets kidnapped by a cult
>night shift
lady gets hired at a hotel, her first night there
>last shift
police precinct is closing, it's the last night it's open, a chick is the last one in the building to watch over it before it closes the next morning

Not a big A24 fan, but I actually liked Hereditary.

Holy fuck, does anyone find this garbage shit funny? Its so worthless.

Us

Get Out, Us.

Fuck off Jordan

Climax
Black Swan
Hereditary if we're talking more traditional horror

I guarantee you can't find anything wrong with those films and are blinded by childish racism. There are no 2010's horror movies that come close to them.

>I guarantee you are blinded by childish racism
Oh (You)

Forgot It Comes at Night and Under the Skin, also.

I'm realizing there are several supposed essentials I skipped out on.

But I recently finally saw:

>Halloween 2018 - loved it
>Get Out - actually fucking great
>You're Next - clever in parts. basically upper middle class self loathing.
>Gerald's Game - didn't finish it. like a boring stageplay.
>Don't Breathe - eh. not my kind of horror
>Purge franchise - gimme a BREAK
>A Quiet Place - actually pretty nice. super middle-class and has generic monster design,
>Climax - (kind of a horror movie). loved it.
>The Autopsy of Jane Doe - meh.
>Hereditary - actually overrated imo. relies on unpleasantness as a cheap trigger
>The Ritual - HATED these dull cosmopolitan guys in a movie like this, and the monster design was just more generic shit
>The Endless - admire it for its ambition and imagination, but could use more visual style
>Cam - loved it desu
>I Saw the Devil - meh

Still need to see It Comes At Night, The Green Room, Hush, Raw, the new Suspiria, Burning, As Above So Below, A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, The Wailing, What We Do in the Shadows, Black Death, The Visit, Digging Up the Marrow, The Blackcoat's Daughter, The Bay, Oculus, I Am the Pretty Thing that Lives In Your House, The Devil's Candy,

I didn't find Halloween too quippy usually, I actually felt many of the characters just seemed unusually fleshed out, in a good way. It did get a bit out of hand though with the cops talking about Banmi sandwhiches though as if they were a couple of cutsie indie rock office guys.

And rating some others from this decade out of 10 (usually don't rate things but fuck it):

>The Witch - 7.9
>The Conjuring - 4
>Insidious - 5
>Under the Skin - 8.7
>The Babadook - 6
>It Follows - 5.8
>Cabin in the Woods - 6, but very fun, and I usually hate quippy Whedonshit
>Sinister - 5.5
>It - 5
>Kill List - 7.9
>Split - 6.5
>Annihilation - 9.2

Also,

>The Neon Demon - 8

Is It filtered now?

Also, I'm a huge horror fan, but not yet convinced that the 2010s have stepped up as an all-time great horror decade. It would take quite a lot to match the 70s, and the decade is about over.

It has turned out pretty well though, and probably been the most interesting genre this decade.

Summer of 84 kind of counts, right? Even though it's 4/5ths just a mystery?

This one

Attached: art3.jpg (400x500, 77K)

Thank you, finally know the name of that movie

>itsallsotiresome.jpg

>you're taking a walk down the street on a late summer/early autumn night
>this music starts playing
wat do?
youtube.com/watch?v=m8H3M0DDWDs

Attached: Mike-Myers.jpg (440x314, 31K)

I guess Mandy can qualify as fantasy-action-horror. I rate it an 8.3.

And Twin Peaks: The Return was as much quasi-horror as anything else. I'll give it 9.7.

For comparison, some of the horror movies I rate the highest:

Rosemary's Baby - 10
Carrie - 10
The Shining - 10
The Thing - 10
Don't Look Now - 10
Mulholland Dr. - 10
Night of the Living Dead - 9.7
Dawn of the Dead - 9.5
Alien - 9.5
Suspiria (1977) - 9.5
Picnic at Hanging Rock - 9.2

Also

Carnival of Souls - 9

My favorites are
Kill List
The House That Jack Built
Final Destination 5

it seems like they just take a classic simple idea and give it a little twist
always low budget
I feel like they are cheap, it feels cheaper afterwards but during they are pretty good

>The House That Jack Built

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. It was obviously, er, masterfully constructed, as anything by Lars is. I just presume that anything he does is basically formally a masterpiece. Still, I do find his thesis in the movie less relevant than he maybe thinks it is, although I guess it is very relevant for his own work. But that continued emphasis on a kind of shock or edgy factor I find dated and irrelevant, and tied more to Generation X, his generation. Gaspar Noe has the same issue, another total master, but who really doesn't have to go *there*. Still, they come by it honestly, being of that age, and they're free to do with their work what they see fit, and I'll continue to recognize them as the geniuses they are.

BASED Art

Attached: art2.jpg (1000x600, 134K)

The Witch and the Insidious movies

What the fuck are you talking about! When did Myers get “whaled on” for 20 minutes!

If anything, all the prep work Laurie wasted her life on amounted to nothing. Myers ended up escaping from her trap.

You're responding to a guy who dismisses all women as "roasties". He has nothing to contribute.

wailed*
whaled is a fish
wailed is a human thing

Attached: MV5BMjEwMzIxOTg3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjI4ODUzNw@@._V1_.jpg (1378x2048, 1.44M)

You should see the older version. One of the scariest movies ever actually.

I am Jazz (2011)

First time I've heard of it. Google says there was a TV movie made in 89. Is that what you are talking about?

Hereditary
The Witch
Insidious
Pontypool
Rigor Mortis
Terrifier
It Follows
Lords Of Salem
Baskin
The Void
House of the Devil
Beyond The Black Rainbow
Maniac (remake)
It (remake)

Attached: 54645775.jpg (384x300, 60K)

I forgot...

Sinister
Paranormal Activity 3

Just finished House That Jack Built.

Typical self indulgent, boring von trier for the first 2 hours. The next 20 minutes had a few legit horrific scenes and then the last 5 minutes and credits were a fucking joke. I'm done watching this hack.

Very Cronenbergian.

>>Annihilation - 9.2
rofl

Somehow I bet your 'criticism' of it has more to do with some forced political contention.

youtube.com/watch?v=3PbqIxvEgWE

Last week's episode of My 600 Pound Life.

Attached: layg.jpg (1470x824, 118K)

no contest

Attached: Hereditary-Poster-1.jpg (1200x627, 203K)

Is that a necrotic piece of his ass or the back of his scrotum?

The wailing and The VVitch are at the top for me this decade.

That's a her. It's a serious infection that was bleeding all over the place and would have killed her if she waited longer to get it treated. Shit was getting in there because her mom wasn't wiping her properly after taking a dump.

I always wonder this about homeless people (a lot live in my town), considering the way they smell.

Like, just not wiping thoroughly is itchy enough. Here are people who can't shower, wash their clothes, and who probably don't wipe that regularly either. I can't imagine the kinds of uncomfortable rashes and infections they must have.

Never heard of it. Check out the IMDB page and the trailer has a trollface as its thumbnail. Ha!

Attached: ha.jpg (1920x1080, 531K)

all horror films suck
it's either jumpscare garbage or artsy garbage
fucking hilarious shit...

Except it's not, it's easily accessible surface level "critically acclaimed" horror the likes of which Jay from RLM thinks is the best thing ever. It's a great movie and one of the better horrors in recent years but it's nothing special or "plebfiltering"