Would it have been good?

Would it have been good?

Attached: jodorowskysdunebr.jpg (1505x1952, 1.64M)

Other urls found in this thread:

duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered/16
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no. it would have been garbage. Jodorowsky was dedicated in his lack of interest in the book; he just wanted to hang off its popularity while indulging his fetishes for:

1: shit play (see

duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered/16 )

2: amputation fetishes

3: taking investor's money and giving it to Salvador Dali for no visibly good reason

none of these are good reasons for making films.

He wanted Dali as the emperor but Dali said he'd only do it if he could become the highest paid actor in history (wanted something like 100k dollars an hour). Jodorowsky agreed, but if the movie had been made he would've rewritten the script so that Dali only did an hour's work, then the rest of the movie the emperor would be a robot made in Dali's likeness.

It's like Superman Lives. It would have been remarkably weird but it also would have been trash. Maybe it would have fallen into cult classic territory but honestly the only reason people go googly eyed for it is because it didn't get made and the concept art is neat.

Attached: 51WO9UlKTzL.jpg (334x500, 43K)

No. Jodorowsky was an egotistical hack.

You can see exactly what it would've been by reading Metabarons.

It would have made no sense but looked pretty. Just because the guy made surrealist shit doesn't mean he can direct a space opera.

Absolutely not.
Why? Watch Jodorowsky films.

It would have been the Avatar of its time

Jodorowsky is a pretentious hack. He never made a film. Only flicks.

Why couldn't they get good directors to talk about Jodorowsky? They instead god one-shot Winding Refn and total fucking literal who Richard Stanley

>in a another timeline there is a version of Dune that has 2,000 actors shitting at once

The more interesting question is how would the world have been effected if it was made. Would we still have gotten Star Wars? The Alien franchise? What would happen to Lynch’s career? And how would the world be different and media itself be changed without those influences.

absolutly not, it would have been even worse than what we got, making it the worst movie of all times.
it would have been a better choice in my opinion

Fuck no. It would have been interesting, but terrible as an adaptation, and a complete unwieldy mess. Jodorowsky is a total mess, and one should never take his kind of crackpot hippie version of mysticism seriously. It's just throwing shit at the wall.

everyone else they asked dismissed him as "that pretentious chilean fuck with the shit fetish".

I would have been absolute kino.
Instead we got Shit Wars and we all know how that turned out.

I distinctly remember thinking Refn sounded like the most pretentious human I have heard in my life while watching the doc.

if that movie happened, we would have probably never gotten alien franchise.

No. He is crazy and not in a good way. It would be unique and creative and terrible all at once.

Attached: 1498782990037.jpg (4368x2912, 1.49M)

It's all well and good to say 20 years after the fact that it would been the best thing ever if only it got made. Fact is jodorowsky would never have been at the helm of a blockbuster movie and would have ended in a cancelled production or a complete mess of a film.

Almost 50 years, not 20, user

It wouldn't be like the novel in any way, it started with Duke Leto killing pirates on Arrakis and end up making the planet a paradise.
For some reason thats what producers thought it was cool, wich is why is Paul becomes the God of rain in the Lynch version
The ship designs were good though but that wasn't Jodorowski ms merit

No. Also fuck Devin Faraci

Richard Stanley is interesting.
He smuggled himself and a few friends into Afganistan during the Russian invasion, and came back with interesting footage, and some more interesting stories.
He went to Haiti during one of the US interventions, and got the Colonel in charge booted from command, because of footage he had taken.
The stories about him on the set of ‘The Island of Dr. Moreau’ are funny.

No. Have Sex.

>3: taking investor's money and giving it to Salvador Dali for no visibly good reason

BASED

I have no doubt he would have massacred the source material, making a mockery of it. So no, it would not have been good. Visually appealing, like all his movies, but nothing more.

Wouldn't of had star wars shite pushed down our necks for 40 years

Attached: 1453899661319.jpg (365x352, 31K)

No, it would be even worse than the Lynch movie. Look at this shit.

Attached: 1553160273829.jpg (1310x940, 229K)

I can't help to think that those ships were inspiration for the Taiidan ships in Homeworld

Attached: Taiidan_heavy_corvette.jpg (589x389, 35K)

the eternal catalan

Wtf is it with them and shit? Seriously wtf is wrong with them?

I'm catalan and you are exagerating, I can only thing of two things wich is caganer and cagatio, the first is just a farmer shiting in the fields that people put on the Bethelem representation wich I don't particularly like and the other is a magic wood that delivers presents instead of Santa Claus, it's just kids stuff

>t. Pooypants McShitsalot

DESIGNATED SHITTING SIETCH

Designada caca calle

it's a representation and a reminder of older times in wich farmers had bad conditions, we have one of the biggest toilet companies in the world mind you

>we have one of the biggest toilet companies in the world mind you
no wonder your region is called cacaloonia

Based Jodorowsky would have made a hit. We could be getting dune spin offs and sequels every year if this had been made, no doubt Dianey would have bought it up just like SW

Attached: 1549243270165.png (500x273, 185K)

fuck you man, first Yea Forums calls us scatalonia and now this, eat shi... I mean go fuck yourself

>100k an hour
it was a million a minute

>Dali said he'd only do it if he could become the highest paid actor in history
Absolute legend.

Dali wanted some ridduculous sum so Jodorowsky proposed 100k per minute (he would be on screen for like 3 minutes so his wage wouldnt have been that high)

Meanwhile you're a pretentious nobody who's never made anything
OHHH

James Coburn wound up getting a $1 million a word for his Schlitz Lite beer commercials.

>taking investor's money and giving it to Salvador Dali for no visibly good reason
cause he wanted to buy his way into fame that's why
I mean seriously who knows about jodorowskys work outside of a cinephile? barely anyone
now on the other hand every person with a bit of education knows who Dali is and knows at least some of his art
jodo simply felt entitled to be on the same level with Dali

based retard