Unironically the best samurai movie of all time

Unironically the best samurai movie of all time

Attached: harakiri3.jpg (1000x435, 226K)

but does it have a snow covered showdown like goyokin? i think not.

Attached: Nakadai2-1.jpg (1400x772, 487K)

Incredible film which women won't understand, manly kino in full force.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (355x1000, 76K)

I love this poster there was a guy on ebay selling an original print for like 350

also my mom loves this film she says it portrays the fear despair of being a sick mother unable to care for a dying child perfectly

but user, thats not Rurouni Kenshin: Origins

Watched it for the first time two nights ago. One of the best japanese films I've seen for sure.

agreed

gorgeus movie, shame its not on bluray

IT IS
It's sold out through criterion but people have ripped it, got a beautiful rip of it

>find blu ray for Japanese movie I wanna watch
>it's not avilable on my region
>there's only B2 blu rays so only fucking Europe and Africa can watch this shit
Why

HOLY FUCKING REDDIT

Not so fast

Attached: Tale of Zatoichi.bdmv_snapshot_00.21.46_[2016.08.31_14.32.21].jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

I hate region fuckery

Good moive.

>comment doesn't discuss the topic in a positive or negative way
>instead brings up an unrelated site that doesn't have to do with movies

I don't think you are on the right site

wtf

Based

Attached: 60A3EAC6-E408-4BF0-A78C-019FD14A3040.jpg (1300x650, 94K)

Ran is pure kino

Attached: ran.jpg (1600x900, 536K)

what movie

Read the filename. It's Harakiri 3. Best of the trilogy.

For me, it's The Sword of Doom

What other films just ends right in the middle before any plot points are solved

nice spacing there bud

more like pure reddit

It's sword of the stranger

Is it the film where they making fun of him and at the end he takes alone whole dojo and they are scared shitless fighting one man? If that's the one, then yes, it was masterpiece.

Didn't know region lock was even a thing anymore

Nah. The McG remix of Harakiri 2 is superior.

>Merciless swordsman Ryunosuke Tsukue (Tatsuya Nakadai) is a government assassin in feudal Japan who has no remorse and no moral code. When he is scheduled to participate in a friendly fencing contest, he ends up killing his competitor. Next, after a fight with his own mistress, he murders her and deserts their infant son. Later, while spending the night in a haunted geisha house, he sees the specters of all of his victims and spirals into madness, leaving a bloodbath in his wake
Yeah, okay, i need to watch this

region free bluray players, they cost a little more, but fuck it's nice, user.

Hari-Kiri is in the top 10 films ever made in my opinion

Japan hates America.

I cant do anime. Ive tried many times and I just cant do it.

the first scene of the film is just him killing some random old man he comes across. also the mistress is the wife of the guy he kills in the contest, he forces her to sleep with him in return for letting her husband win the contest but then he kills him anyway.
it sounds really dumb but it's a great movie.

SoD should be one of the first samurai films you see if you are watching Nakadai. It's up there with Harakiri

>watching bugmen in dresses for manly kino

I love ran but is it weird I don't think of it as a samurai movie same with throne of blood
I think of them as middle ages movie because of their ties to Shakespeare

It doesnt sound dumb at all, sounds like pure kino

funfact: Harakiri used actual swords for all of it's fight scenes instead of lightweight props.

You can change region on most players pretty easily

Literally everyone hates America. America is like the mentally challenged kid in school that everyone laughed about behind his back but nobody did anything to him upfront because of his retard strenght.

im American and and i hate most of American culture, but i do dare say its one comfy place to be if you avoid the mainstream

true dat

I’m gonna watch the third Kenshin movie sometime this week. Watched the second last night and it felt pretty weak compared to the first. Assuming the third will be better.

*blocks your path*

Attached: Ghost-Dog-The-Way-of-the-Samurai-Kung-Fu-Kingdom-770X472.jpg (770x472, 83K)

Thanks for no sauce fag

don't bother, it's boring

I've seen everything posted in this thread so far, and I shit you not, pic related is the best samurai movie ever.

Attached: samurai-x-trust-betrayal-featured.jpg (1038x700, 100K)

Attached: 1541876588946.jpg (1342x1940, 1.04M)

fat, panting dumbass

Imdb fag

>akira kurosawa movie

Attached: tenor.gif (638x640, 1.48M)

I want to watch samurai movie
Where should I start?

>Masaki Kobayashi movie

Attached: 180216.jpg (318x288, 91K)

Seven Samurai

The Hidden Fortress

was it actually any good?

kino, watched this in a film class my freshman year of college. Professor had a hard-on for samurais and westerns and lecturing how similar they are as genres

More like the kid no one would pick on because of his inordinate amount of money

>anons love this movie
>still unironically pro capitalist right wingers
I'll never understand you guys

Commies begone

It's not on BluRay

Now go back.

Attached: reddit spacing before reddit.jpg (1024x761, 156K)

as far as anime adaptions probably one of there best

sorry, no

Attached: 94835780.jpg (1920x2560, 615K)

Rashomon is pretty much the seminal post war period drama film. Everything is its baby to some degree.

thats all i need to hear

Thanks

Attached: 1545421270785.jpg (912x905, 96K)

Ghost Dog

>you will never be a wandering Ronin going from town to town camping, fishing, banging qt farmers and winning occasional duels.

I fucking hate how connected everything is now, you never feel like your adventuring

Please tell me this isn't a screenshot from the video you watched.

While I do prefer the Jidaigeki style of cinema and it's more traditional themes, I also enjoy the Kaiju Eiga

Yup. To quote Sagan:
>"Exploration is in our nature."
Thats the reason why Pokemon became such a global sensation. I grew up reading the "famous 5" by Enyd Blyton and I always imagined Id go adventuring as an adult. Thats why the only real thing I wanna do before I die is hike AT or the PCT.

>you will never leave the shire with a map in hand singing "the road goes ever on and on".