Be Netflix

>be Netflix
>Make another show featuring a majority of women/minority/gay characters
>Have almost every episode have a girl be the lead/hero, show them as strong and capable
>Lots of jokes at men's expense, goes out of it's way (hilariously, at times) to villainize white men.

>BuT wHy Is It So SeXoSt?

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-124356.png (1440x2560, 1.14M)

And pic related is one of the most based characters of the show, and she's a female pilot who is amazing at her job. Wtf, people.

I thought you said it was good. Also once something becomes status quoe it no longer satisfies the journalist left. Forward to shit!

Fuck Netflix

>I thought you said it was good
What do you mean? Who are you?

>Sonnie's Edge
Gay White female main character
>Three Robots
Robot main characters
>The Witness
Asian Female main character
>Suits
White Male main character
>Sucker of Souls
>When the Yogurt Took Over
White Male narrator
>Beyond the Aquila Rift
>Good Hunting
Asian Male/Asian Female main characters
>The Dump
>Shape-Shifters
>Helping Hand
White Female main character
>Fish Night
White Male main characters
>Lucky 13
Black Female main character
>Zima Blue
Robot main character
>Blindspot
Robot main characters
>Ice Age
White Male/White Female couple main characters
>Alternate Histories
White Female narrator main character
>Secret War
White male main characters

So 1/18 feature gay protagonists, 5/18 feature women as protagonists, 4/18 feature non-white protagonists, 8/18 if you want to include robots as non-white. A lot of these stories don't even have a single female character at all.

At some point, they're going to realize appealing to these people just isn't worth it, right?

Maybe because context also matters?

robots are caucasian. its well known

The robot in Zima Blue seems pretty black, the whole thing is an allegory for the fact that blacks had it better as slaves than they currently do really.

>Sonnie's Edge
>Gay White female main character
I thought she was asian or latino. At least mixed.

Can't win for losing lol

Attached: 1551276887339.jpg (720x701, 37K)

>Zima Blue
>Robot main character
No, the protagonist of the episode was an asian female. You are fake news.

And whats the context?

Just because something generously features women doesn't mean it's exempt from feminist criticism. The work of a critic is to criticize a movie for what it is rather than for what it is trying to be. And even then, is there any official statement by the creators that the show is meant to be feminist? Because your assesment that every female protagonist is portrayed as strong and capable and that it villainizes white men is as much a personal assesment as that it hates women.

Why even point out that it villainizes white men specifically, when the article or at least the headline we get to see doesn't mention race at all? It's about how the critic believes the show portrays women, not how it portrays men, white or otherwise.

It's a work of criticism. It reflects the authors impression. If you disagree with it you can offer a criticism of its content in return but all you did is compare it to your personal impression of the show without getting into the points the article makes and refuting them with anything other than vague staements about what kind of characters it features and how it portrays them in an obvious attempt to get people who haven't read the article, nor in most cases seen the show, agree with it on principle because they've been told that feminist media criticism is by definition a pointless exercise in pedantry..

The journalist is a story device that even named, Zima is the main character

Jesus why would you put that much effort into a post on Yea Forums? Fucking tranny. I didn't even read the article, I don't have to. This isn't an attack on the article, it's all about the zeitgeist. What the article represents, specifically to the majority white male community of Yea Forums.

>I didn't even read the article

I figured as much.

Go back if you think that's a sick burn. I explained why I didn't need to read it, summarize it or link it. Only the headline matters.

Nothing is exempt from feminist criticism. Because it's all those whiny, entitled bitches ever do.

“Feminist criticism” is just lazily crying sexism no matter what. It’s for low IQ people desperate to feel smart