Watching Films on Smart Phones

What are your thoughts? Do you think it's okay?

Attached: Phone movie.jpg (771x398, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
youtu.be/wKiIroiCvZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wouldn't even watch a rerun of the office on a cell phone. People who sulk on the bus watching videos on their phones look like total betas. Why do you need TV outside the house

get real

It was stupid 10 years ago with 3.5 inch screens and 640x480 resoultion, now you have 6 inch UltraHD panel in your hands. And it all depends on your eyesight

>He's worried about what strangers on the bus would think about him watching a movie
fag

I think it's fine because I'm not so autistic i get angry about what others choose to do.

what about the sound you dumbass

Only on the plane and nothing that is visually-impressive. I kinda hate it but I always postpone walking something I want to watch until I can get back to my Tv to cast to it because I don't even want to watch it on my computer.

It's the only way for me, I can put the screen real close to my face and with my headphones in it's like I'm literally in the movie. I'll never forget the first time I saw LOTR extended edition on my phone

watching*

Imagine you saw your favorite film of all time on your phone when you saw it the first time.

If you're poor and don't own a 4K set, sure.

Of course I do

Attached: IMG_20190320_064140.jpg (2048x1686, 444K)

it is the plebbiest thing that is humanly possible
you should literally kys if you do this
your life has no meaning

Quality headpones?

I watched half of the Vietnam War series at an airport/on flight. Pretty damn comfy 2bh.

Attached: file.png (250x138, 58K)

Only thing I watch on my phone is jewtube. Post your time watched

Attached: Image-1(1).jpg (1125x2436, 189K)

Yes. People are just contrarian here.

>on smart phones
meanwhile I've been watching kino's on my Zune for a decade at least

Will never compare to a proper surround set up, even a basic 5.1 set up is miles better than headphones

Watching a screen up close is no different than sitting in a theater. It's basically the same proportions.

Films are mixed for a 7.1 or 5.1 surround sound system, not a stereo channel output.
Even if you get the most expensive Audeze headphones and a headphone pre-amp, you still have an infinitely inferior setup because the 5.1 audio source file needs to be downmixed into a stereo channel to be reproduced from your cans, and that never sounds good.
Not to mention the fact that with headphones you just have two tiny speakers farting in your ear, compared to actually feeling the sound throughout your whole body as if the events are happening all around you.

As long as it's based YIFY.

hell yeah, I watch my all kinos on my Samsung Smartwatch, no biggie just put it half an inch infront of my face and it's all good, basically the same as 70mm IMAX literally no difference

Attached: my kinostation.jpg (1500x844, 596K)

>note 9
>great headphones + portable headphone amp
>late at night in complete darkness
>tucked in bed
>watch slow cooking movie

There's different ways to immerse yourself in different movies.
My way is the correct way to watch movies on phone.

You have only two ears though.

I mostly do it in my bad.
Watched Doom, the Heat and Bourne trilogy on buses but it's kinda lame, shaking and changes of lighting make me wanna vomit.

>2019
>having headphone jack on phone
pleb

lol, wtf does this shit even mean? My headphones work fine, I'm not listenint to opera or something, lol

>he only has two ears
lmao pathetic

>my bad.
bed goddamit

bet you're one of those mental midget brainlets who cry "why splosionz so loud and talking so quiet huh" though

Lol who cares about that shit just put subtitles on my man

This behavior disgusts me.

People who do this can never truly appreciate movies.

Attached: mary.jpg (600x600, 39K)

haha yeah I love the *door opens* *wind blows* *footsteps approaching* subtitles haha who cares about hearing those things

If I watch stuff on my phone, pic related is obligatory. Specially in public to piss off the poorfags.

Attached: 41DYtv1JJaL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 8K)

>he thinks that plastic garbage is expensive
lmao

Attached: LCD-3.jpg (1000x1000, 361K)

This. Pop in a quick YIFI or a nice webrip and watch away so the qt3.14 has to lay her head on my chest in order to see and I rest my hand on her ass

While I really like quality headphones like your picture, I'm not an audiophile so I don't see myself spending money on them.

>hacks your bluetooth

Kek

I HAVE TO because my fucking chink 75 inch 4k tv literally went up in flames fuck ahhhhhh
i've been waiting for 4 weeks now and it will apparently still take another 3-7 weeks until i get a new tv

I even use jdownloaderlike app to get the yify movie from streaming site

that's not possible unless you have mr robot elliott like hacking skills

Attached: 20190320_140202.jpg (720x720, 64K)

i hate you , but you can just use the real jdownloader on your phone dumbass

Only plebs who dont care about cinematography, art design and sound design do this

Zoomer detected

why are you watching people on the bus? looking for your next victim, homoincel?

yes they can, they appreciate them more than you who is so close minded

Real answer: comedies are fine to watch on a phone

lmao??? tell me this is fake?!?

Imagine if this is what played in movie theatres right before the trailers start

i love david lynch i want to be more like him i'm even getting into transcentdalral mediataiton

Nope. Why? Is this good or bad?

I hate jd because it kept getting "updates" in my PC when I used it back then

i can only imagine doing this if i was transported back in time to 1957 and i wanted to impress the natives with w1st century technology. "see, i can watch cinematic movies on my TELEPHONE! Bet you wish you had one of these, Earthling!"

Attached: Stupid.gif (640x480, 11K)

How do you find the time and how often do you have to change your phone due to battery rape, user-san?
Also, what do you mostly watch?

BASED

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-082314_YouTube.jpg (1080x2220, 346K)

this. Most phones are basically small tablets now. Plus, if your phone has an oled screen, it's gonna have far better picture quality than any laptop/monitor/lcd tv anyway.

It's the best way to watch movies and anyone disagreeing is a colossal faggot.

It's the worst way to watch movies and anyone disagreeing is a colossal faggot.

>How do you find the time
I'm staying at home 24/7 doing absolutely nothing. YouTube is one of my main sources to burn time
>how often do you have to change your phone due to battery rape
Depends. I keep the brightness pretty low tho so i wouldn't have to charge it like every 3 hours or smth
>what do you mostly watch?
All kinds of shit. But mostly video essays and ASMR. Gameplays of video games I used to play back when I was a kid, for nostalgia purposes ofc, etc..

but that's the only reason that hosters are still working and what makes it the best downloader imo. At least one update a week to fix hoster issues

of course it won't compare, you knew this from the start of the damn thread. Just like watching on a laptop in bed with a bag of cheetos isn't the same as in an EZboy with a 90 inch projector image and Bose surround.

The thread's not about can we match the quality on a phone, it's whether you are a cringe faggot or not.

you're still a kid, ellipses and narcissism

>LG V30
>6' LG OLED SCREEN 18:9 aspect ratio
>INTERNAL QUADDAC ANALOG 3.5 JACK
>STUDIO HEADPHONES
why buy a external amp and a $1000 phone when you can have the best smartphone movie with $500

Attached: v30.jpg (1600x800, 246K)

I watch UMD movies on my PSP

I'm 21.

Attached: images (41).jpg (645x475, 26K)

What did he mean by this

The optimal viewing distance is 1' for every 6" of screen, so as long as you're holding the phone 1' away from your face, what's really the difference between watching it on a tv vs phone? Resolution is same, stereo Bluetooth headphones are the same, screen is roughly the same size from your perspective.

Don't tell me you are watching tv using inferior monitor speakers

I tried it once. Hated the experience.

And it goes without saying that if you're watching some comedy or documentary on a phone, that's fine
Literally anything else and the experience hampered

How do you pronounce YIFY?

of course the experience is held back, and yeah it goes without saying, that's my point. The problem is the people here talking about 7.1 sound and how you are missing out on x and y are kinda wasting their time, because and I and many others here likely don't have a surround sound system and use our TV speakers, or watch form our computers if we share a house. So why not watch something whilst on a commute or something.

I watched Walking Dead once on a train cos I downloaded it to my phone from Pirate Bay and was going to transfer it to my TV later but I had nothing to do on the train for hours so I jsut watched it. It was fine, not at all cinematic or with great sound, but it it was just Walking Dead so who cares.

>taking the bus

Attached: 1491985407398.jpg (468x456, 40K)

It is pronounced YIFY

If the screen is fixed right in front of your face and you have high quality headphones I dont see what the issue is. Especially if your phone has a fancy vivid OLED screen. Looks better than on 95% of people's HDTVs

Not "YIFY"?

youtu.be/wKiIroiCvZ0

based boomer

i do it but only on specific scenes i like to rewatch or study
never seen a whole movie on my mobilebrick but id if i had a vr headset and a decent phone with and amoled screen

I recently watched La double vie de Véronique on my phone. Kieślowski would probably beat the shit ouf of me if he found out.

absolutely not, what are you, a pleb?

Based

I’ve only watched two movies on my phone. One was Clash of the Titans, on a plane flight. The other was Days of Heaven, when I had a training exercise overseas. I thought it was fucking awful and couldn’t believe Malick made it. When i got back I rewatched it with my laptop plugged into my tv and it was absolute kino.
I’ve never watched anything besides YouTube on my phone since.

you're too old for ellipses and narcissism

i'll watch a TV show on my tablet, or youtube videos on my phone, but never a movie
>mom needs taken to doctor monthly
>drop her off
>sit in car and watch an episode of Hannibal
>we leave
I'm almost done with season 3, that's how long she hasn't been able to drive herself.

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-191110.png (1080x2280, 146K)

it's why people think everything sucks. they use their internetflix to get an inferior experience on their phones, then just switch apps to make a post about how crappy the movie was.

/thread

I usually just cast movies from my phone to the Chromecast on my TV

movies still suck in the theater

not if you go to a no talky no clappy theater

I exclusively watch anime on my 5" phone with in-ear headphones while on public transportation.
Films on the other hand I watch on my 40" TV with over-ear headphones at home.

>in-ear headphones
fucks sake
earphones are the ones that sit in your ear, headphones are the ones that go over your ears

Get a job, jesus christ. If you let another year go by doing nothing you will be hopeless.

Not true. I saw an user the other day get back on his feet after seven years of doing nothing.

why do I only ever see minorities wearing these things

It's pretty shit, tho I do admit, I do it sometimes. I bought a Galaxy note 9 and the screen is amazing. My telecom included 1 year of HBO GO for free in my subscription so I often rewatch Sopranos episodes in bed before going to sleep

Attached: downloadfile-3.jpg (1500x1000, 93K)

>tfw phones have shit battery life
It's the one thing I miss from cellphones, I only charged it every 4 or 5 days. If my smart phone is at 100% it will be at 70% 12 hours later with no use. If I actually use it it will be around 15-20% within hours.
It would be okay if they charged quicker, but they don't. Phones should have many USB ports so I can plug in a few cords and get it charged within an hour.

Attached: cport.png (520x512, 181K)

99% of mid range headphones are better than any setup you could possible have in your house with a normal price, even 5.1 and 7.1. I prefer headphones miles away

I have an iphone 7 with JBL, and spend a few days traveling with it, and is pretty shitty experience, is good to watch comedies or rewatch shows, but nothing more

Headphones squeeze my head too much and my ears hurt after taking them off.
I also prefer older movies because they're in mono or stereo, I don't have any surround sound so the sound effects blare but the dialogue is low so I have to ride the remote.

What phone do you have? Most new phones have pretty good batteries that'll last all day. Most have have some of form of fast charging too. My Oneplus 6 can go from 20% to 90% in like 45 minutes. Sounds like you need to upgrade dude.

galaxy on5, it's a few years old

Earplugs nigga.
I never understood headphones anyway, they are uncomfortable and almost never have as good sound as mediocre earplugs unless you pay like 200-300 usd.
I bought some Sony earplugs for around 50$ recently and they are great to use with my phone and laptop.
The only problem is that I tend to destroy earplugs really fast so I buy pretty much a pair a year

ear phones are bad, they don't sit in your ear correctly. at least headphones cover your ears and you remember you're wearing them, so you don't try to walk somewhere and have them yanked out of your ears

because they're baller

If it's a movie you've already seen and it's at least 5.5", then sure.

I dont know, I feel exactly the oposite way, earplugs are way more comfortable once they fit perfectly and they also isolate outside sound way better. Headphones always tend to annoy my ears, heating them up and I need to remove them now and then. Guess I'm just too used to earplugs

I cant even watch yt vids on my phone

I unironically preload Netflix movies that are heavy with dialogue (so I don't have to pay too much attention) and watch them on my phone while I drive
>kill my 1 hour drive to work back and forth
>phone magnet holder is in prime view
>get my letterboxd count up

Attached: IMG-20190316-WA0037.jpg (187x226, 19K)

itt: SEETHING boomers

Not quite my tempo

>you will never in a b-trillion years

It's kind of a lousy experience. Using a tablet is way better.

To watch something like the office or 30 rock?
It's fine
Films?
Fuck no

>2019
>LG
>relevant
yeah, well, no

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-150657_Clover.jpg (1080x2220, 824K)

I enjoy not completely killing my phones battery within 6 months so no. The push for sealed batteries so they can market it as "waterproof" is just a ploy so normies can destroy their phones faster and pay for a new one they can barely afford. Welcome to planned obsolescence.

I'm superior to you

Attached: 1523776935721.png (512x288, 25K)

Sounds comfy

>buying a $1000 phone
>not using its full potential
you can not get more plebian than this

Squandering your 20's is a horrible idea. You will be decades behind everyone else when you are finally forced to work and it will be a living hell. I wasted 2 years after high school and it took me 9 years to catch up to the point that nobody looks at me like a retard anymore. Permanent NEET status is only for disabled, being an overweight stuttering weeb with 0 social skills isn't a disability.

not getting the superior S10+. Night and day difference. Night and day.

>buying a $1000 phone
>not buying a $150 chinkphone that does everything just about as well

Attached: 1552749067640.jpg (750x748, 63K)

Bought it 3-4 months ago, the 10 line wasn't out yet. The 10 looks great, but apparently their batteries are garbage, I'm happy with the note so far and the pen is fun for shitposting and doodling
It is user, turns out I enjoy HBO Gaonway more then Netflix, since the majority of the shows I like are on HBO anyway

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-171920_Clover.jpg (1440x2960, 1.14M)

The price is grossly inflated, nothing about any lead phone is worth it. You can't tell picture difference at that size irregardless of resolution past a certain point. You still nuke your battery watching youtubes and your social media feeds 24/7 like a pleb because you can't take .5seconds of your day to not be constantly sidetracked.

>Not following recent events and realizing all computers made in China have backports for the Chinese government.

Iphones were found to contain a single component made in China that allowed direct entry into phones.

>thinking anybody gives a shit
Oh no, China can read my sexts lol

Formerly unsocial media seed

>buy shitty 50$ phone to use as pocket computer, not as a phone
>use it every day for hours
>watch lots of vids and movie son it
>drop it a few time it's cracked and some pieces of the case are missing
>4 and a half years later it still works like a charm and the battery is still as reliable as when I got it

>buy 350$ phone to use mostly as phone
>completely dead after less than a year
>I don't even talk on the phone that much

What did they mean by this?

The closest I do is I put something on streaming while I go to sleep. Much better than leaving a TV on (no brightness since I turn the phone facedown) and listen while I fall asleep.

Been “watching” pic related the past few weeks. It’s pretty comfy and gets a few chuckles.

Attached: 2003EA96-1135-4F67-AFFD-E5B24948B31E.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Based as fuck. I'm still using my moto E even though the volume button fell out and theres a small nebula of dead pixels behind the display, including weird permanent reddish yellow marks from when I sat on it.

I mostly just act like i'm typing with friends that i don't have on the bus to show that i own an iphone

gay