Why was there a saturn lamp in the black lodge?

Why was there a saturn lamp in the black lodge?

Attached: saturn.jpg (475x500, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yuAvRCSWu8I
youtube.com/watch?v=5brAr51ip_k
loebclassics.com/view/plutarch-moralia_isis_osiris/1936/pb_LCL306.77.xml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because Saturn is actually hell.

Seinfeld reference

Saturnus worship has been connected to satanism and occultism in general. Don't know enough about saturnalia as a festival to point out what triggered people aside from the worship of a shady god at best but the connection has been made.

It's so weird to see people younger than 40 talking in Qoomer terms like Satanic Occult Saturn worship.

Why did Seinfeld have it?

If americans can spew shit about Kronos then I'm pretty sure I can chime in with some insight.

Where can I get one?

>Kronos

Never heard of this. And I was under the impression that obsessing over alleged occult symbolism was itself an American thing, a fundie Jack Chick kind of thing.

>Never heard of this.
Because you are a dumb teenage piece of shit.

>occult shit is american! AMERICA OH GOD AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA!!!
Hitler literally believed in the occult to the point of wasting money chasing after the spear of destiny, and the british unironically also wasted money attempting to "foil' the nazis.

In astrology Saturn is the greater malefic planet and Jupiter is the greater benefic planet. This basically means Saturn in your chart is the force for the most hardship and suffering while Jupiter is the force for the most fortune and pleasantness. Saturn's also the planet associated with Capricorn while Jupiter is the planet associated with Sagittarius. David Lynch is a Capricorn and Mark Frost is a Sagittarius.
Saturn / Capricorn deals with limitations and reaping what you sow. Jupiter / Sagittarius in contrast is about expansion and lucking out. The Man from Another Place and the Giant are good representations of those respective categories (limitation and expansion, small and large). Jupiter and Saturn meeting for the Black Lodge entrance to appear was expressed in other words with Briggs and his "Fear and Love open the door" line. In that context Saturn would be fear and Jupiter would be love.

Attached: twinpeaks.jpg (956x410, 108K)

Occult symbolism is interesting. Especially how satanism has been connected to ancient greek god worship by christians. Your post reeks of bait but just in case, Kronos is Saturn.

>sat turn
>say turn
>Satan
Brainlet

Are you this knowledgeable about the other planets?

Demiurge or whatever

But do Yuros go for the whole Satanic-conspiracy angle to it?

Cronus is the Greek name for the deity (Titan) called Saturn by the Romans. He was the father of Zeus / Jupiter, and also the guy in this painting you might've seen before. He ate his children because he wanted to keep them from overthrowing him, but he was tricked into eating a rock in a blanket instead of baby Zeus allowing Zeus to end up overthrowing him.
Cronus is associated with time while Zeus is associated with space. Cronus devours everything like how time destroys everything, while Zeus is that opposite expansive principle that creates more non-destroyed stuff.

Attached: 300px-Francisco_de_Goya,_Saturno_devorando_a_su_hijo_(1819-1823).jpg (300x536, 36K)

I wouldn't call myself knowledgeable, but I got pretty deep into that subject matter years ago during my abusing lots of recreational drugs phase. Did you have some other planet / sign / house / whatever in particular you wanted information on?

LotR exposed them.

Attached: 1547162907536.png (1143x693, 1.3M)

Greek mythology is fucking kino as fuck.

Cinematic universe when?

Mars if you have the time

Mars is energy more than anything else, though it also has a lot of "male" connotation in its symbol and opposing relationship to Venus. Mars is the Roman name for Ares, god of war. Venus is the Roman name for Aphrodite, goddess of love. Both deal with energy, but Mars is more energy in the way you'd usually think of it as an outwardly expressed thing while Venus is more like inverted energy i.e. attraction, or charisma / drawing things in to you instead of pursuing things yourself.
Mars is associated with the sign Aries (the ram) while Venus is associated with the sign Libra (the scales, or more relevant to this sign polarity, *balance*). Aries and Libra are actually the first polarity / axis out of the six pairs of signs, and are therefore also associated with the 1st house and 7th house respectively. 1st house pertains to self, 7th house is for the other. More specifically, "other" as in someone you have a direct eye to eye relationship with, either as equal partners or as over the table openly declared enemies, which is different from an asymmetrical relationship like the one between a police officer and the person he arrests, or a stalker and the girl he stalks (that relationship would be 1 to 8 rather than 1 to 7 i.e. Scorpio's relationship to Aries as 1 place above equal, echoing Scorpio's meaning as the sign of desire and debt, where you're concerned with taking above all, symbolized in the most penetrating scorpion which sits opposite sign 2 Taurus represented by the most thick skinned bull).
Back to Aries / Libra, the ram is charging forward and acting out your natural self without being too self-conscious about it, while Libra is the balance sign which is maximally self-conscious and concerned with behaving in a way that best accomadates the other person. Aries gets things started but can cause disruption where there was peace before (war), while Libra brings peace but can be inauthentic and lose itself in the process of pleasing others.

We had our small satanic panics but it was mostly imported from america. UK and Italy had it and to a smaller extent Greece. Euros find it interesting because we can see the association with mythology better. Nords and Greeks were vilified by early christians so it's more like clearing our names than delving into conspiracy theories. The occasional nutjob is there but it's mostly cultural interest. It also explains why the early rebelious black metal scene embraced satanism so openly.

Attached: 1552441550360.jpg (1024x576, 45K)

because it's lynchian

Attached: 1449826035915.jpg (840x580, 137K)

Hopefully never. It's convolluted as fuck and various greek peoples had differing details such as where Zeus was born for example. Then the romans came along and changed some of the lore as well. I guess we could go with the most common beliefs and myths but the mysticism would be gone.

The Saturnalia and worship of Saturn as a planet are completely different things

Can you do Mercury next user? it’s in retrograde right now and I want to understand it

Thanks user. Pretty cool stuff. I know you're not suppose to take astrology stuff too seriously but it always bothered me that I never related to my sign when even people who don't believe in it always can see themselves in it.

Sure but when it comes to conspiracy theorists and religious zealots, parallels are drawn.

The real question is the one when I ask you guys do you think lynch is done with TP without actually finishing it?

To keep the vampires out

Based.

Attached: 1464324074296.jpg (936x532, 148K)

He was done with TP after FWWM. S3 is just his way of saying it to the fans.

Its evangelicalists that do it
oh mah lord is dork sided
is demons and dork sided
youtube.com/watch?v=yuAvRCSWu8I

but he never explained anything. I hate it when people make themselves believe loose ends are a form of art

Cronus the titan and Chronos the god of time are two different entities. Cronus and the titan gods were actually seen as better rulers of a bygone golden age where humanity didn't have to endure the hardships and inequalities that they have to face under the rule of the olympian gods. After all it was also Prometheus, a titan, who gifted humanity with fire (civilization) while the olympian gods wanted humanity to remain cattle for them and ruled that he should be tortured for all eternity for his "crime".

Attached: 4L_ahNbYtxY.png (471x600, 80K)

LYNCH LOVES LAMPS

Uranus

Attached: 6dBt2Oj.jpg (600x315, 21K)

Pretty sure Cronus is still associated with time. Also, since their names are so similar you can safely say that some regions probably considered both as the same being.

Mercury is the Roman version of Hermes, messenger of the gods. In a chart it represents communication. One meaning of communication is speaking / writing, but I think a more useful meaning in this context is the broader sense of the word which includes any sort of transmission / exchange e.g. communicable diseases, commuting to work, or commerce (Hermes was also the god of roads and trade).
I never saw much value in the retrograde concept, but it's supposed to work similarly to a planet being out of its element in other ways, where the planet involved is going to be kind of hindered or turned inward in its expression. So in the case of retrograde Mercury that would mean your mental faculties and facility for interacting with others would get turned inward and you'd maybe start feeling kind of neurotic and obsessive, stuck in your own head.
Mercury's associated with Gemini, which is the sign opposite Sagittarius. Jupiter and Saturn are planetary opposites, but Gemini and Sagittarius are the signs in opposition to one another. Unlike with Jupiter and Saturn where the relationship is expansion vs. limitation, Gemini and Sagittarius is more an opposition between novelty and expansion, or wanting to do something new vs. wanting to expand on the same thing. Gemini's more like a perpetual student figure while Sagittarius is more like an old teacher. Gemini is symbolized with the twins (divergence) while Sagittarius is symbolized by the centaur (synergy).
Mercury / Gemini corresponds to the 3rd House which is the house of your local neighborhood, and across from it Jupiter / Sagittarius corresponds to the 9th House which is the house of long journeys.
>I never related to my sign
Your sign as people refer to it nowadays is really just the placement of your natal chart Sun, so that one factor alone isn't necessarily going to be something you identify a lot with. I personally think it's something less personal and more externally noticeable.

You will not like what I have to say but...
you just got lynched bro.
Seriously though, this is to be expected with him.

>Nords and Greeks were vilified by early christians
poor babies

You know all of your interpretations are actual heresy?

Attached: 1.png (750x400, 504K)

Only if they do a proper Dionysus death-rebirth-chaos god
youtube.com/watch?v=5brAr51ip_k

Man, that meme just pisses me off, if I was actually to meet David, I would go full aspie on him for making me angry.

nice get bro.
can you explain why venus is associated with libra and not with taurus?

One is the evolution of the other. What you just said is the ancient greek way of being an edgy contrarian like satanists who go ''muh icon of rebellion''.

This site is 18+ kiddo

ITS DORK SIDED
I DONT WANT IT ITS DEMONS AND DORK SIDED
SHE NOT A CHRISTIAN ROAR

Cry some more when muslims start building more mosques in america and vlame whitey of racism. Cry some more about white genocide and culture wars. It's the same thing.

>Cronus the titan and Chronos the god of time are two different entities.
They are and they aren't, which is common to a lot of topics within ancient mythology. The later image of Father Time and his scythe definitely came from the Cronus / Saturn figure, and nobody knows for sure how much other cases of Cronus / Chronos overlap was due to confusing the two vs. the two actually sharing in etymological history with one another. Even contemporary to ancient times though you can find examples of Cronus and Chronos sharing in identity:
loebclassics.com/view/plutarch-moralia_isis_osiris/1936/pb_LCL306.77.xml
>Cronus and the titan gods were actually seen as better rulers of a bygone golden age where humanity didn't have to endure the hardships and inequalities that they have to face under the rule of the olympian gods.
It's not all one way or the other. Saturn is still the greater malefic and Jupiter is still the greater benefic. You also had plenty of Zeus / Jupiter praising going on, it's not like everyone hated Zeus. And at the same time, Prometheus was a heroic figure. Gods you praise but also feel bad about in stories where they punish a likable protagonist are exactly how tragedies work.

Because the owls are aliens.

>why venus is associated with libra and not with taurus?
It's associated with both, although more recent nu-astrology sometimes tries to take the later discovered planets and use them to avoid having more than one sign associated with a planet e.g. it's popular to claim Pluto is associated with Scorpio instead of Mars, although Mars would be the original ruling planet.
If you think there's one very specific and indisputable way astrology works you're wrong. Also what I've written hasn't been unorthodox or all that out there, you sound like you're just overly into one autistically narrow set of meanings you learned for some topic that's been covered in this thread.

Pretty much this. Zeus may be in the wrong in the Prometheus story but ancient greek gods weren't meant to be paragons of perfection. They had flaws and were often dickish with mortals and each other. Also, they were not all powerful, they were powerless before the power of fortune.

>mental illness
>projects conspiratorial fears onto real world
I love that shit.

Hey, astrology user, mind doing scorpio for me?

Attached: 1543715647433.jpg (600x750, 45K)

thanks user!!

what texts can u recommend re: astrology

I disagree season 4 is imminent

base

Attached: Labria.jpg (360x452, 108K)

>conspiratorial fears

Attached: 2sin1xhqcxi21.jpg (958x960, 198K)

Why does everyone in Star Trek call Spock "Satan" and why was Gene Roddenberry a 33rd degree Mason?

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (1280x720, 259K)

Saturn isn't even real.

its almost like the twin towers were an iconic feature of New York and they're prominent in popular culture.
If the golden gate bridge gets destroyed by terrorists will you claim that all the shitty monster movies were "predictive programming" for that

There is zero evidence that isn't programming. Same with asteroid collisions and alien invasions and the return of Jesus Christ by use of holograms. It's all just a story being told by the the shadow keepers.

>the lord of the rings
>satan

Really makes ya think

Imagine being this fucking naive.