Why were there so many movies in the 90's with an anti-military sentiment? Off the top of my head Die Hard 2...

Why were there so many movies in the 90's with an anti-military sentiment? Off the top of my head Die Hard 2, Under Siege, Broken Arrow, The Rock, A Few Good Men. I'm sure there's more. Usually ex-soldiers selling out their country for money. Was it because of Iraq?

Attached: download.jpg (420x630, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W4xO0k9LcIU
youtube.com/watch?v=T7pci4SIGCo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>The Rock
>anti-military sentiment

That whole movie was basically a giant blowjob to the FBI, Navy SEALs, and USMC Force Recon

Attached: US Navy SEALs training Gulf War.jpg (800x523, 184K)

>Was it because of Iraq?
Imagine being as confused person as op

Gulf war retard

Anti-military?

>Broken Arrow
That wasn't inherently anti-military.

I GOT GREEN SMOKE I GOT SCREEN SMOKE

CQ ONE CQ ONE WE HAVE GREEN SMOKE WE HAVE GREEN SMOKE

Attached: the kino.jpg (959x554, 37K)

Yes, the pinnacle os American military supremacy led to anti-war films in the 90's

Your afternoon but I'll

[email protected]

I dare your to essage me

Because the military hadn't done shit in 20 years and the last memory people had of them was losing to a bunch of rice farmers with rusty ak-47s. From 1976 to 2001, the military was a pretty sweet gig. Graduate high school, get in shape, maybe hang out in Germany or Japan for a year or two, get the fuck out after 4 years, and get your college paid for.

all those soldiers selling out their country are depicted as evil user. And usually it is the good guy soldiers and military that stop them

In the case of the siege (with bruce willis and denzel) and the rock it's the FBI which kind of pushed the way to acceptance of an expansive homeland spying network and militarised police.

>two SEAL teams killed within seconds
>US veteran mercenaries fighting one another
>one old and malnurished SAS soldier resolves situation within hours
what did Bay mean by this?

Attached: 1540764402704.jpg (743x816, 86K)

>not mentioning an illegal war against darkie narcos

youtube.com/watch?v=W4xO0k9LcIU

SAS do not fuck around, they aren't a meme like the US military who can't even win against jungle niggas with pitchforks and exploding rifles

>when you play Ghost Recon: Wildlands way back in the 90's

youtube.com/watch?v=T7pci4SIGCo

Attached: Clear_and_Present_Rangers.jpg (1280x544, 44K)

>wildlands

yikes

Attached: 220px-Tom_Clancy's_Ghost_Recon.jpg (220x265, 28K)

On a side note, in Con Air Nick Cage is a Seal and is given hard jail time for defending himself against 3 men who attacked him. No leniency for a military man with no criminal record and an expecting pregnant wife. Make u think...

bongs>burgers

>Con Air Nick Cage is a Seal
He's a Ranger.
They threw the book at him because he was a hick and to be fair straight uppercutted a guy to death

You know he was suppose to be an older James Bond right?

dubious claim he doesnt bang any women to gain info

Impossible. Bond was in the navy. Mason was in the army.

nah