Should i get MoviePass

should i get MoviePass

Attached: 105000176-AP_180325763193090-1.1910x1000.jpg (1910x1000, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3U1bXbQuyek
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dunno lol

yes

No. You can't even use it anymore. They have a set number of tickets they'll purchase per day for all their subscribers and when that arbitrary number is met, nobody can use the app for the rest of the day. I mean fuck, I only had one theater near me that allowed for digital ticket purchase but they even dropped movie pass at the end of 2018.

Use sinemia. You can actually fucking buy movie tickets with it.

Depends. Do they make em like they used to?

Attached: Movie pass boomer.jpg (2000x1200, 273K)

>going to the theater

Attached: 1551483529152.png (687x450, 8K)

is it that bad? I haven't been in 5 years

MoviePass went to absolute shit. Get AMC A-list if you got an AMC nearby

It's been years since looking at the show listings hasn't made me recoil in disgust. Whenever social obligation draws me in to going there it's exactly as horrible as I imagined.

My theater just got rebranded to AMC tell me more user

you know, you don't have to go to the bad ones

I'm surprised it still exists. Can't you only get a single movie per month out of it now (which defeats the purpose)?

yeah, I went all in on moviepass after I lost it all on crypto. This was supposed to be my second chance in life. Now the stock is delisted. Please anons, get a subscription

Not the other guy, but I think it's like $20 a month and you can see 3 movies a week or something imax is included.

If you say so.

Attached: 1484554817139.png (225x179, 70K)

>My theater just got rebranded to AMC tell me more
ok
>Dalian Wanda acquired the U.S.-based cinema operator AMC Theatres in May 2012 for $2.6 billion, the largest Chinese acquisition of an American company to that date.[14] The acquisition went through successfully in August 2012, making Wanda Cinemas the world’s largest cinema operator.
>In June 2015, Wanda Cinemas announced that it had acquired Australian cinema chain Hoyts.
>In November 2015, it was announced that a holding company, Wanda Film Holdings, will group all film-related assets.
>On January 11, 2016, Wanda Group acquired Legendary Entertainment for $3.5 billion. The acquisition of Legendary made Wanda Film Holdings the highest revenue-generating film company in the world.

Decent as fuck
Gay as fuck

>
>Gay as fuck

Attached: 4af6628c046733991c249c3a15281bb2.jpg (245x300, 23K)

So this is how they fudge those Capt Marvel numbers.

Attached: rmyt.gif (320x240, 2.12M)

youtu.be/3U1bXbQuyek

>Use sinemia.
Don't do that. They just started slashing plan options and terminating annual users in large numbers for no reason. Then they filled the app with ads and put in an option to tip them. You can only purchase tickets directly from the movie theater's website and you can pay a minimum convenience fee of 90 cents (even if you waive the fee down to 0 cents with the theater). This is on top of a mandatory $1.80 "processing fee" (tip) per ticket purchase.

I got banned two months into an annual plan. Didn't do anything wrong, and they won't even tell me why I was terminated, nor offer a manual review. Their "refund" offer subtracts the cost of tickets you bought from the money you paid into them, rather than refund unused months. So now they're being chargebacked in large numbers as well, which they'll be stalling out for 59 days each.

No, get the amc or cinemark one, cinemark one is the cheapest, i dont think you get that many "free" viewing but it is cheap

>all in on moviepass

Attached: 1509041728333.png (1242x2208, 2.3M)

Go see Endgame... 1 month after release

It's only good if you can get weekdays off and can get to the theaters basically before 2PM. Also only works well if you're grandfathered in under their older cheaper plan. Otherwise it's useless.

I wonder why they thought amc wouldn't just buttfuck them with their own program.

Cinemark is great if you use your monthly ticket for Friday night or Saturday night showtimes where the $8.99 cost is less than what would probably be at least $14. You also get 20% concessions However, I tend to go for weekdays matinees that are cheaper than $8.99, so it's not a particularly great plan. The ticket does rollover if you don't use it.

AMC's fucking top notch. It's 3 movie tickets every week, no blackouts, and lets you do IMAX, Dolby Atmos, 3D, anything. And you can reserve online whenever. That could be like a $150-200 value for $20 if you used each one for either IMAX or weekend night showtimes. 3 tickets a week is probably more than most people will ever use. The caveat is of course having an AMC, and hopefully one that isn't shit.

This is why Moviepass could never work, because it could be 31 tickets, which could easily be a $400 value or more if you went every single day before they changed to 3 tickets a month.

Attached: hide_ignore_donotreply_hmny.png (1305x892, 380K)

Depends on where you're at. As of now Moviepass is mostly abject garbage. Their system is to maintain a rotation of 5 limited release/indie films per day that you're authorized to buy tickets to. You can select one of these films and then use the funds on your card for a normal movie.

So essentially, if you're near an arthouse theater where everything gets a release, it's still worth it. If you're not, like most of the population, it's a waste of money.