DUDE DUEL WIELDING LMAO

FUCK HISTORICAL ACCURACY

Attached: 1462781365-tower-of-joy-game-of-thrones-trailer.png (2126x1595, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xYxQR5haqTs
youtube.com/watch?v=AyZC4dX7MuU
youtube.com/watch?v=Nqv-UtJQk5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=4CTJEZXtr94
youtube.com/watch?v=_PH4E2zx8gg
youtube.com/watch?v=5aO_CsqfBAo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I clapped! I clapped when I saw two swords!

>swordsman known in the books for his 1 sword
>he duel wields in the show
NAILED IT

he was going easy on em

DABID
TWO SWORDS DABID

>Facing off against the greatest knights in the realm
>Fuck armour lets just wear leather jerkins kek

Attached: got_mp_092815_ep603-38621-h_2016.jpg (768x433, 98K)

>that armour

Fuck me, what happened to this show?

>HISTORICAL ACCURACY
>Fantasy world
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah that's cringe

Attached: 1553007741658.jpg (538x482, 64K)

FAR BETTER

D&D started half-assing shit once they realized that everyone was gonna stay for the dragons anyway.

they wanted to have their DEX bonus for better AC you fucking mongoloid

>History
Y-you understand that all this stuff never happened, right?

Attached: 318552936417758.jpg (250x239, 4K)

Book
>Wields a magical greatsword forged from the metal of a glowing meteorite.
Show
>Dual wielding

My WoW character wears armor that's literally more consistent with the official GoT artwork than the actual fucking show.

Attached: Soldier.png (1748x981, 2.83M)

>hurr what is the war of five roses

i assume your brainlet ass means medieval times in which people did wield two swords it was just uncommon as you needed a teacher who was proficient

Maario Naharis

Attached: 1553039390084.jpg (275x183, 8K)

You telling me GOT isn't a documentary?

>but they called him two swords
>that wasn't because he carried two swords

Attached: 1502232208585.jpg (1693x951, 456K)

they realized their audience didn't care about that so they doubled down on the tumblr romance, slay queen and le clever dwarf

Who is that muslim guy?

Yep this is how the Bolton's were supposed to look like but dabid are afraid of colours.

Attached: CCGlc_gUIAE5sn5.jpg (1024x724, 241K)

wtf is that clown armor?

he cute

Where is luigi?

It's a Sikh.

I think what he is mad about is that the character never did that in the book. He used his family's sword in battle. Like how the Stark's have the sword Ice and house Mormont had Longclaw.

it was common in places with shitty armor like southeast asia but plate would make it useless

Pink is a faggot color.

Do you mean the war of the roses? There were only two, red and white.

Well Daenerys was wearing blue jeans in season 3.

Attached: 13f252tvthrones-470191.jpg (590x350, 39K)

But a gigantic greatsword forged from a meteorite is better?

>it was common in places with shitty armor like all of asia but plate would make it useless

fixd

any good titties in the last couple season, last i saw was that brown chick in the jail cell

Henry Tudor had no right to the throne

Daenerys' handmaiden shows off her tits and ass, good stuff.

it wasn't gigantic, it's just a greatsword.

I'm glad to see this pissed someone else off. She's wearing jeans from the fuck Gap.

well good they were because that looks fucking atrocious

>comparing GOT to war of the roses
big yikes

The books actually try to keep this shit realistic, with the odd fantasy element thrown in like Dayne's glowing magic greatsword.

The shows seemed to want to go that way in the beginning but gradually stopped giving a fuck when they realized a huge chunk of their audience were #reactionvideo nu-people.

Attached: tyrell armour.jpg (1696x1059, 915K)

diversity hire

Does GoT take place on a planet floating in space with other planets canonically? Is evolution a thing in GoT?

It didn't glow. Stannis sword did, he had the fake light bringer.

Do we look like we care about Tywin Lannisters tax plan?

Whatever man, it was described as "pale as milkglass", forged from the metal of a fallen star, and cut niggers in two.

why the whale was always horny for ramsey dick

I get your point

what's wrong with using 2 swords in general

B-but ive watched the show hunder times

underrated

Im nkt a proff but id say it eats at your stamuna 2x times

It's suboptimal for nearly every situation. The only valid two-weapon styles are for fighting scenarios where shields aren't on hand/allowed. Even using a weapon one-handed with nothing in your offhand is often superior, especially if you're wearing armor.

>he still plays WoW

Attached: we are smart.png (885x673, 338K)

didnt people not actually fight with swords back then?

>HISTORICAL ACCURACY
Pretty sure that went out the window with noble lines ruling uninterrupted for thousands of years. Or giant ice walls, dragons, people with purple eyes and so on.

It was actually supposed to look more like this and not that faggot shit you posted

Attached: 8WTEEsS.png (500x750, 918K)

I'm sure you'll be screaming faggot as they peel your skin off.

this cant be a real still from the show has to be bts but then... the dragons there

why isn't he wielding ice?
inb4 its too heavy, bullshit, valyrian steel

easier to coreograph a fight scene with a smoler sword, it's why Dawn looked so shitty.

I didn't ask if he was sick I asked who that muslim guy is

but you do double hits and the guy can only block one
wouldnt 2 short swords, like bit bigger than daggers, be doable

Straight from George himself:

>Asked if Ned ever used Ice in battle. George points out it was a greatsword, very large and cumbersome, a ceremonial sword for beheading people more than a fighting sword, so he suggests that it was "probably too heavy and clumsy" to use unless you're the Mountain. So, I think that's a pretty clear "no". I admit, I was tempted to point out that it was Valyrian steel, not regular steel, so why would the weight matter so much in this case? In particular when the likes of Randyll Tarly and Arthur Dayne are clearly said to have used their own Valyrian/Valyrian-like swords in battle? Tarly is not described as particularly powerful -- in fact he's called lean (doubtless strong and fit, but still, lean) -- and we're told he killed Lord Cafferen with Heartsbane. So... I take this as a firm "no", Ned never used it in battle, but I think George's off-the-cuff explanation doesn't quite fit the facts.

Ned was probably a very weak manlet

>dude browns and blacks
>everyone wore browns and blacks
>the Night's Watch don't even own any armour or even headwear, it's just a black tunic with some belts for some reason
>dude browns and blacks and the occasional beige lmao
>you want actual knight armour? Here's some pig iron cooking pan overtop of a modern motorcycle jacket haha
>maybe you want a plastic dollar store toy armour set overtop of a knitted sweater that could look like chainmail from a blurry distant shot

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Those are clearly plate jacks, their stances are fucking retarded though.

>I'll take "Half Swording" for $400, Alex

Attached: thott-87r.jpg (2000x1349, 533K)

Game of thrones is retarded but what does historical accuracy have anything to do with game of thrones?

Except they are using normal swords. Cumbersome=/=heavy

they just stopped caring
all the audience cares about is the plot which any true cinephile knows is the least important part of a show or movie

Real plate armor is incredibly expensive so go be autistic and unreasonable about something else

Most people back then probably did wear browns/blacks/grays. But even then what the fuck do you expect? Armor is expensive...

>double hits
Doesn't work that way, for a sword strike to have weight and do damage to your opponent, you need to put the weight and movement of your your body behind it. If you're just worried about attacking as fast as you can without moving your whole body, you can just as easily do it and from longer range with a single weapon.

Hated every fuckign second of this fucking scene.
That helmet with its wide open face hole, good for stabbing.
DUEL WIELDING spinning his fucking stupid swords while WALKING forward into a crows of opponents.....somehow fucking wins >"yes...much better"
Couldnt even tell Reed was there, didnt have any of his weapons.

>maybe you want a plastic dollar store toy armour set overtop of a knitted sweater that could look like chainmail from a blurry distant shot
Do you have any idea how much a CGI dragon costs? Savings have to be made somewhere!

Attached: 1504298891876.jpg (979x555, 216K)

This is about Ice retard. Which is a huge fucking sword big enough that you can make two valyrian swords from it.

Tbh i liked Loras armor

>Armor is expensive...
>richest families in the show consistently wear garbage in the later seasons
don't try to explain it in universe, it's just laziness from the producers

A sword made out of magical metal that is 10 feet long and weighs only one pound would still be difficult to use because of the basic mechanics

And? Are you fucking autistic? Im agreeing that the sword is probably unweildy. Not because its neccesarily heavy though.

I think the image is pointing out how good Loras's armor is and how AWFUL the later season armor is in comparison

Yeah that was his point, heartsbane is a normal long sword so it has no relevance to using ice, a greatsword

>mfw history's greatest swordsmen have said dual wielding swords is the most effective form of swordsmanship
>mfw Fiore dei Liberi and Musashi were the best swordsmen in history and they both practiced dual wielding
>mfw scrubs think it sucks because they're stuck in the mindset of Dex Vs Str instead of the patrician Dex + Str
>mfw I have no face

youtube.com/watch?v=xYxQR5haqTs

this is just like my mount and blade

>CHAIN
>ARMOR
aka what most soldiers wore for nearly two centuries stright
but fuck it, leather it is

My bad, I thought "they're" referred to all of them including Ned

Could be because their budget isnt really increasing as much as the cost of their actors/set pieces

chainmail is a meme and got people more killed than not

>be barristan selmy
>one of the most important ally's of danaerys
>the greatest fucking knight alive
>assassinations happening in the city
>"better patrol in this shit farmer clothes lmao"
>*dies*

Attached: Barristan_Selmy_Sons_of_the_Harpy.jpg (328x500, 31K)

>historical accuracy
Who gives a shit about this? It just looked dumb as fuck.
Why did they give him two swords?

yeah I read about when king james sent his dragons to kill the scots too dont know why it isnt more common knowledge

this whole scene was a disaster

youtube.com/watch?v=AyZC4dX7MuU
they literally had it all written for them already
why not just make it

nothing was changed except for small details and the dialog for absolutely no raisin

This shit seems like it would still hurt pretty bad. They are swinging pretty hard.

Dual wielding works, if you use appropriately sized swords.

The guy in the show was dual wielding great swords, which is retarded.

Ironically that is actually a plot point.

War of the roses wasnt fought between the english and scots though faggot

this who cares

Nice and retarded. Welcome to 4channel.

>it's autistic and unreasonable to expect HBO's biggest show to put a modicum of care into their costume design
Did you forget about the first few seasons, when they had much less of a budget than they do currently, yet managed to kit out everyone from the big name characters to the common soldierly in actual armour? You total fucking idiot. Why are you defending the costume design post S4?
You're a fuckhead, that's what you are, a fucking shithead.

Attached: thumb[1].png (350x319, 181K)

Musashi did not dual wield. He carried a second, shorter blade. Not the same as dual wielding. dei Liberi made no such claim and virtually all of his books are techniques for one sword

Maybe he is a big guy

NAU NAOW TI EANS

God I hope the fat cunt finishes the book so I can drink all sweet tears of bookfags when Barristan gets killed by a no mark harpy, Stannis burns his daughter and dies like a bitch in the north, Victsrion gets dabbed on by Dany and fAegon gets killed off in short order

>make it a huge point in the books how he's using his full plate to give him an edge over a younger, faster fighter
>"ONLY COWARDS WEAR ARMOUR!"
>"This coward is going to kill you, sir."

>show
>sing do dem barristan :DDDD
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH HELP ME GREY WORM

No he wasnt

I just wish they had someone who could read "no, now it ends" the way it was meant to be said

doubt any of that remains intact
he saw how it went down, he knows, he won't do it

Just as expensive and complicated to produce in real life. I fucking hate that reddit tier show but sperg out about something reasonable

I duel wield nunchucks all the time.

But what about Dany's tax policy?

Chain armor:
>protects you against swords
>protects you against axes
>protects you against daggers
>sorta protects you against arrows
Leather armor:
>protects you against nothing at all

Theres a fucking reason it was used so extensivly throughout the ages brainlet.

Stannis definitely is going to burn his daughter. GRRM has flat out confirmed it. Not like hownit happened in the show. Probably skme last act of desperstion when the others show up

based and cowabungapilled

Attached: Mikey.gif (480x270, 83K)

>expensive
no it isn't
>complicated
a child can make it

It's just really fucking time consuming.

>its time consuming
Which makes it expensive

>It's just really fucking time consuming.
Hence the expense.

If you think the armor in that image looks good, I don't know what to tell you.

There's way fewer scenes in early GOT episodes that called for characters to be in armor compared to later. The helmets have always looked terrible.

Ackmed the Town rapist. He was chose military service rather than death at his sentencing

The costume guys budget has only gotten larger. Are you stupid? The people have changed, however.
They could easily procure the gear they need, but they don't. They spend just as much if not more money designing and commissioning the abomination that is the Queensguard suits, and ACTUALLY wasted cash downgrading the Kingsguard armour into that rough boiler plate garbage they had in the Faith Militant arc.

Like you really think money is an issue anymore? It's just pure laziness.

now compare it to any other armor.

throughout the ages they also drank mercury to heal siphilitic infections lmao the guys didnt know shit
just makes you slower and stabbed by any peasant with an improvised spear

>now compare it to any other armor.
A lot of it could be stamped on a press these days, kiddo. It's 2019.

When Rhaegal and Viserion were chained up beneath the pyramid, how weren't they eventually choked out by the collars as they grew? They were clearly considerably bigger in S5 than they were in S4.

" It was typically an extremely prized commodity, as it was expensive and time-consuming to produce..."
Do you just wake up in the morning and say to yourself, "I want to be wrong as fuck on the Internet today."

Magic collars, obviously.

It looks immensely better than anything we've seen in, what, the last 5 seasons? 6?

What really irks me is that they had that helmet but swapped it out for whatever the fuck this thing is during the Trial fight, and also got rid of his gauntlets and greaves.
Seriously, what is that on his head? You look at that thing and tell me there's a god.

Attached: large[1].jpg (2048x1362, 503K)

is this why chain mail was so heavily used from the roman republic time to mid XVII century?

>everyone uses swords, from the lowliest thug to the most important knight
>nobody can wear armour
Okay retards

the guy is a wristlet and couldnt handle the sword without comfy gloves

this one is better solely due to not being flat on top, reducing blunt trauma
but jesus christ that face gap, literally asking for someone to stick something in there

Oh, no. They just got them off of the chain trees back then. They didn't cost anything to produce at all. It's not like it was a armour supplied at great expense by one of the greatest war machines the world has ever known. And then it's not like it was used only by a wealthy elite for the thousand years that followed. It was the chainmail trees.

almost as actually seeing well against a fast opponent is actually useful or something

They couldnt have lobstered gauntlets like the book because he wasnt going to oynch through he face like the books.

He split it open.

I find this post hilarious because it implies that any practical thought went into the design of that condom thing he's wearing at all.

More like this

Attached: 4d7cbd06ddb3349ec1042fe70eb76133 - Copy.jpg (1736x1468, 794K)

just butthurt that he is 4 times your size and his dick is probably as big as your head

Benjen and Brandon were the warriors of House Stark. Ned and Jory Cassel, together, couldn't take on Bronze Yohn when he stopped by Winterfell on the way to take Waymar to the Wall.

There was a hotel near me which was moved a couple of miles east for no practical reason. The owner wanted to do this hundreds of years ago. The building material was worth way more than manual labour, that's why they just took it apart, moved it and put it back together.
You're overestimating time consuming tasks. Thinking that chain mail is cheap is obviously stupid, but it's not just an either this or that situation.

dude google plate armor helmets and look how fucking tiny the visor is.
the design of mountain's helmet is just plain retarded, especially when you look what weapon his opponent is using, a fucking spear

Cool hotel non-sequitur.

Salah Bhim, the bandit mercinary. Read the books faggit

Firstly, people did duel wield in the medieval period, however it was more likely to be a dirk or a dagger and a long sword.. Secondly, every single fucking film in existence that covers a historical event is historical inaccurate. Even masterpieces like Waterloo (1970) are wildly inaccurate. Stop screeching about 'historical accuracy' as if it's somehow making the film bad. Saving Private Ryan wasn't historically accurate either, so what?

This tbqh

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

stop spaming your shitty mog no one cares about wow and how you spent months grinding to literally dress your virtual doll

Me in the red armor.

Yeah they take a beating, people break arms and get concussed.
Not for pansies.

Attached: BoN Vicious strikes.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

This one's better:
youtube.com/watch?v=Nqv-UtJQk5Q

VICTORY! HA HA!

You understand how small your eyes are, yes?

>HISTORICAL ACCURACY
>in a show that has dragons, ice zombies, tree people etc

You don't need to be historically accurate per se, but you could at least try being logically accurate

sword and dagger is viable

Sword and dagger is strictly inferior to sword and shield; or sword, shield, and dagger

>Have plate armor, good you don't need shield
>better get longsword, it is better against other armored targets
>wait what bunch of idiots with only leather armor are attacking you.
>they don't even have shieds or longs swords, idiots are attacking you unarmored with archer swords.
>dual wielding suddenly makes sense you are maximizing your attack options

The only thing better in his case - armor vs no armor + tiny light swords will be to have rapier and sword breaker, but I don't think there are rapiers and swordbreakers in westeros, I think I saw trident main gauche in the fighting pits where jorah fought.

But it is

Imagine playing alliance lmao

>playing Horde

Attached: lol picklepuss.gif (320x180, 1.08M)

Parrying daggers/dirks were generally only dual wielded with sideswords, in duels/general civilian self defense situations. Neither were used on a battlefield because a shield was vital to not dying and fencing swords are also sub optimal in warfare. Longswords are used with both hands. There has to be some internal logic that is consistent. The show was pretty grounded in it's portrayal of melee combat early on compared to how fantastical it has become.

are there any male characters left in the show?

>historical accuracy

Attached: 0790B26D-1D4B-4D4F-BA4A-52A793D64C62.jpg (1714x2046, 673K)

>fantasy tv show
>historical accuracy

Attached: 1527444912203.png (2048x1152, 3.5M)

I've seen better armors at Comic Con.

nigga they still have politheistic religions as the mainstream, so that's before the X century

literally no one used iron armours back then

Terrible choice of words from the OP, but you have to be literal retards to default to this kind of response.
The books tried to be realistic, but with a fantasy twist, ala Appropriately they had fully armed and armoured knights, and the eastern savages getting absolutely fucked by Westeros' military technology level. The show remembered this with Jorah's fight versus a Dothraki, and then we just never see it again, and we're now back to back with shit like dual sword spinning, Dothraki horse standing archery, muh superior speed Arya dancing around with a rapier, etc.

>magical swords that are super lightweight can't exist
>magic that makes you stronger can't exist

There is no reason why they CAN'T duel wield in a fantasy setting. Deal with it, phony-nerd.

Me huddled in the corner getting beat on

This makes no fucking sense. The normie reaction video crowd isnt watching this show for the fantasy elements. They watch it for the more grounded intrigue and other "realistic" stuff.

Where's my fookin sister mate.

Attached: 1503453278878.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

stop getting your armor info from DnD brainlet, watch Knight Fight like a true patrician like me

Attached: 2565462345623562.gif (500x333, 138K)

Why did young ned look like a crackhead biker or some shit?

>it's just pally T16 without the winged helmet
bravo, blizzard

Knights in full plate could chase down unarmored opponents just fine and they were expect to be able to leap up onto their horse in full gear. Like the other user said, stop getting your armor info from RPG games.

>NOWWIT ENNS

Attached: nedbarks.png (318x369, 276K)

The new armour designs look like vanilla Elder Scrolls stuff.

Based Med. Armor poster.

>“And now it will start,” said Sir Arthur Dwayne, the Sword of Daytime. He took out Dawn and Dusk and spun them in each hand like whoa.
>“Nah,” Ned said; “nawh et fookin-"
>Howland Reed teleports behind Sir Dwayne
>*unsheathes net*
>AHHHHHGGGH SAVE ME RHAEGAR
>and who are you...
>Directed by D&D

Attached: 1461814084103.jpg (1200x675, 267K)

>the zombie clegane helmet

Attached: 1525401871812.jpg (820x820, 43K)

This is some kino I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL tier shit.

This, fucking retards in this thread. Muh accuracy with a bit of fantasy. If you admit there is fantasy then anything is possible.

What would happen if Cersei was given a sword?

Attached: hurr.png (611x331, 188K)

Breh didn't you play skyrim they dual wielded swords all the time back then

There was an audio mistake in this scene and they accidentally pasted the Korean dub over this line. We hear "Noh ije ennz" which is Korean for "Where is my sister".

should I

Attached: jojenisramboo.jpg (1280x1024, 420K)

>archer swords

Attached: 1485374595367.gif (359x202, 3.03M)

youtube.com/watch?v=4CTJEZXtr94

>Battle of Heroes plays

>"No...now it ends."

>*IGNITES LIGHTSABER*

EPIC

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

I think he meant arming swords.

Oblivion has great armor designs

No it doesnt nostalgic faggot. It has maybe 1 or 2 good sets

Twice as many attacks.

i hate the lannister helmets so much. they look like dickheads.

Someone, probably a landwhale, posted the shit version of this last thread. Here's the correct version if anyone's wondering.

Attached: 3910.jpg (1181x811, 480K)

>back then
Oof
>most men at arms did wear browns and greys
The fuck they did not. Every soldier who could afford dyes wore garish as fuck colours to shove off their wealth. Not to mention how the fuck they knew who they were supposed to tell who to swing at during a melee. Modern sports teams can't even play properly when everyones playing with the same colours how fucking retarded would a battle have been if everyone had the same colours.

Attached: black-and-white-armour~2.jpg (394x474, 65K)

There are historical manuals for dual wielding longswords tho.

You are actually fucking retarded. Actually. Chainmail is probably the most widely-used armor in the history of armor.
Do not ever talk like you know anything about this subject ever again, because you're not even fat enough to have accidentally watched a Lindybeige video on autoplay.

Well, you just swing at anyone who looks muslim of course.

Listen to this guy he's got 1,000 hours in Chivalry. He knows the meta.

The actor that played Selmy was very outspoken about D&D making a huge mistake by killing his character off, which annoyed them very as you can see in various interviews.

There's no way it stopped there, he probably complained about other plot holes and inconsistencies throughout the show. They just didn't want to deal with him and his "annoying" attitude. Just imagine what "annoyance" he would have caused when reading the season 7 script.

so nothing has changed
we know our enemy today
jews

that's fucking awesome. it's like chivalry but IRL

>magical swords that are super lightweight can't exist
A sword that weighed more than 3 pounds was considered really fucking heavy.
God you're probably one of those retards who says that if dragons exist in LOTR, so should black hobbits.

Muh battle realism
Look Larry I’m sorry your mum won’t let you play with sticks anymore

This entire thread smells like the kids I bullied in school

this guy had a few seconds of lines and i still can even remember the way he spoke.

that little shit greyworm or something mutters every once in a while in severla seasons on several episodes and i can't remember a thing from him aside from the meme walk that was posted here before

pic unrelated

Attached: 1118full-rosabell-laurenti-sellers.jpg (960x728, 65K)

really nice armour, but they should make boots bigger and pauldrons a bit smaller imo

Hahahaha this is the same dude that did chicken nugger.
youtube.com/watch?v=_PH4E2zx8gg

Bravo dabid.

This was such a cringe moment. They really stopped caring after season 1 when everything went on auto-pilot.

Apparently that guy only got the job because he was a sword stuntman or some shit and not for his acting. Pretty fucking good if that's true even though it was short.

It's fucking stupid but it looks fun as shit

How about consistency?

He’s gradually swimming away, Euron

Attached: ED41D5F3-1CB0-4C3C-9823-DF80CEF4F44C.jpg (510x384, 23K)

Didn't this nigga dual wield? wasn't he one of the greatest swordsmen of all time?
t. non weeb

Attached: 1537382996876.png (414x600, 627K)

fucking based

I certainly fucking hope none of you mistake shit like "To the king he told himself, but another part of him whispered, to Cersei" for good writing however bad d&d may be.

He also founded Niten Ichi-Ryu
His style influenced people for ages to come. But let’s just say “realism lol” for the sake of OP’s autism

She'd use the hilt as a dildo. You know it in your heart to be true.

really? Man I just love the way he nods/greets, answers the question and then announces the battle.

youtube.com/watch?v=5aO_CsqfBAo

I'll look into the actor for more.

Im not shocked. The actor who played Stannis didn't have a good time either because dabid never understood the character.

Genuine question, not trying to meme.

Was Stannis autistic? His behavior certainly seems genuinely autistic.

Get me the collar stretcher before I piss myself.

Attached: CollarStretcher.jpg (1024x776, 412K)

Based alliance chad dabbing on filthy hordelets

Brave rational Lancastrians vs evil depraved Yorkies. Was the outcome ever in doubt?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses

Always thought it wasl a shame that The Black Prince never became King.

neither did dillane.

Lancaster didnt even get the throne. Henry VII was an incomptent fag

If the final episode doesn't end with Ned and Bobby force ghosts and the Rains of Castamere, Dabid is getting an angry email from me.

Basically: it's impossible to do. It's tough enough trying to stick an opponent with one blade. A weapon in each hand means your focus is always split, any timing and rhythm will be off, etc. You're splitting what bodyweight you can put behind the blows/strikes too, so even if you do miraculously land a hit it's with all the force of a spastic toddler.

If you see someone with a blade in each hand chances are one is being used only as a parrying device, in lieu of a shield/buckler. This is the concept behind the Main Gauche (parrying dagger) and was only popular for a very short time in duelling - a short sword type thing with a wide crossguard, used mainly for catching the opponent's blade, and possibly for rare opportunistic strikes.

Attached: 26449c4595602aae6a872c92cbca5d90.jpg (600x414, 20K)

Henry Tudor's claim to the throne was through his mother and the Beaufort family. However, when John of Gaunt's children were legitimized the act stipulated the Beauforts were exempt from royal succession. Not an actual claim but by blood, he was the best left by the end of the conflict.

Really? I know he played Woodes Rogers, one of the primary antagonists in the last two seasons of Black Sails and Dracula in The Dark Prince.

>dragons and meme fantasy tropes in a fantasy television series
>retard autists bitch about historical accuracy
holy shit the absolute pottery hurts
there are so many reasons to shit on this show but "historical accuracy" is literally the last possible thing you should bitch about

there was no plate though

In the end, Tywin Lannister did shit gold. Tyrion's murder of Tywin ultimately backfired on him.

Consider for a moment you are Tywin. Your bowels are horribly backed up, on account of Oberyn's noxious poisoning. Your guts stink with rancid shit. You are constipated, and you simply cannot release. Your freak imp son shoots you in the gut with a quarrel. With your last breaths, situated on the privy as you are, you feel your bowels loosen as far as they can in the sweet release of death. Like a flood, your innards empty themselves of a week's worth of poisonous, reeking shit. It is the ultimate expungement to never be rivaled.

His last moments were a bliss.

Attached: tywin.jpg (439x437, 86K)

Given the modern definition of a proper human is a reddit normalfag he'd probably be labeled as such by our standards. To the people of his day he wouldn't be a quarter as bizarre as many people they meet.

Attached: 1222222.gif (302x194, 1.87M)

Based.

Attached: 1505004838649.jpg (882x943, 280K)

Yorkists weren't evil or depraved. Edward the Fourth was the new Arthur till Elizabeth Woodville ruined him. Richard the Third maybe killed the princes. Could have also been Buckingham. Richard was good lord when he controlled Northumbria and he was faithful to Edward during Clarence and Warwick's rebellion. Henry the 6th was probably retarded and his son my Margaret of Anjou was a bastard most likely.

>knitted sweater

crocheted

Henry VII wasn't incompetent. He wasn't very good at war, but he was certainly talented at politics and fiscal matters. He also astutely reconciled the lancastrians and the yorkists by marrying Elizabeth of York, while also maintaining that he was a king by his own right. Also throughout his exile he avoided many dangers, namely an assassination attempt while in Brittany.

>me, trying to open a old paint can

forgot to add Tudor historiography (mainly Polydore Vergil) of the War of the Roses is highly biased against the Yorkists in order to legitimize Henry Tudor's weak claim to the throne. Naturally, the Yorkists seem like depraved assholes, but after the war many still loved the yorkists and supported pretenders like Lambert Simnel and Perkin Warbeck. The Yorkists certainly did bad things, but like Henry Tudor and other leaders of the time, they were Machiavellian.

Attached: 1504901541693.webm (1280x720, 1.72M)

But that's a rapier + dagger, those were bopin for their own time-period reason

this
if any single sentence in a novel fails to blow your mind you're wasting your time reading it

>fightingnightmareagain.webm

>a bunch of rubber sticks are an accurate representation of anything
oh for sure my man, for sure

Strawmen aren't going to make Martin a competent writer bud.

She'd accidently kill herself with it while thinking she's the worlds greatest swordsman (female)

>even heavier weapons would work out in favor of the faggot dual wielding
sure user, sure

kek

they do a good job of pointing out your retarded posts though

Musashi was a fucking riot
>challanged the leader of a dojo
>arrived late to piss him off
>beat him
>new leader challanges Musashi to take revenge
>Musashi is late again
>beats him too
>new leader is a kid
>challanges Musashi to a duel but secretly plans an ambush with archers and musketeers
>Musashi arrives hours before the duel, hides and kills the kid when he arrives
>runs away while being chased by the kid's entire retinue like a japanese benny hill
>has to draw his second sword to keep up with the small army attacking him
>and thus he discovered dual wielding

The greatest swordsman doesn't even need to use his sword to win

Attached: steel.webm (640x360, 2.92M)

EPISODE 1. SEASON 1. SCENE 1. ZOMBIE WHITE WALKER KILLS PEOPLE
>OP is a fucking retard

If in lord of the rings frodo random started jumping 50m and shooting laser beams people would have problems despite it being fantasy. The show went for somewhat realism at the beginning if you dont see that you're a fuckin ape. But yeah its true that dual wielding is hardly an offense, although they should have kept his Dawn in the show

Kicks were probably more important than typically portrayed. We laugh at boner plate now but it's no wonder why you'd want one.

The zombies aren't white walkers

That doesn't make it any less funny

Attached: iamthesenate.jpg (1303x1975, 195K)

>greatest knight in the fucking world backed up by the general of an army of emotionless medieval green beret killing machines
>gets dabbed on by some uppity sand niggers with shivs
BRAVO DABIDS

they probably made them big like that because the adrenaline most likely gave them boners

mountain woulda got deleted by that one french swordman who always poked at peoples ankles in duels.

The show has zombies and dragons if you're complaining about historical accuracy you're a fucking idiot

The Night King is a retarded name and they should have just called him Night's King, or the Lord of Winter or something

On the long list of legitimate complaints about how bad the writing has been in the past few years, I think Arthur Dayne dual wielding in a 5-minute flashback scene has to be pretty close to the bottom.

Are you a dense robot or some shit? Some sort of beep boop nigger? Fantasy doesnt mean "literally anything goes lmao", or well it COULD but then quality drops substantially.

>”I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.”
>Oh shit this might be actually be cool
>*duals wields*
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: CD8265A5-0A89-49E5-82FF-353D2072A5C8.jpg (1300x650, 73K)

For me, it’s Radmure

Attached: 8F140E58-5456-42FD-9314-E4F63673EBC2.png (1280x720, 443K)

Absolutely based

FAMILY

DUTY

WAVES

So, some things remain the same?

>Bolton
More like Fagton

they fired the guy because it was cheaper to make tin can armors, not joking

Based

ahahahahaha

>>“Nah,” Ned said; “nawh et fookin-"
ahahqaha why did they force him to read that way

Imagine what they'll do to star wars

You could edit this in as is into any nuwars movie.

I was having a bad day, but knowing that I'll never be this retarded cheered me up a bit

Large swords aren't even heavy
Even big fuck off zweihanders weigh less than 10lbs

jokes on them
I wouldn't need to waste extra steel

my boner is so small most women don't notice it in shorts

no one cares about your tiny jew penis

And why wouldn't they- absolutely no one but the most autistic of people and/or book fans give a shit about things like this. It has zero bearing on the story, and the story has never claimed to be a documentary.

t. giant monster dick black

- shields ain't actually for pussies

Legendary

>southeast asia
>armor

t. guy who doesn't know anything about armor

She also has heels on her shoes

No but in a time when armor advanced sufficiently to stop arrows (plate armor, which GoT clearly has) it becomes better to put two hands on your weapon

Attached: 1549043905392.jpg (206x181, 12K)

You do realize that the war of the roses merely inspired some of the plot and that this isn't literally an adaptation of the civil war right?

I'm pretty sure he is alive still by the end of the 5th book.

GoT is so lame.

lmfao

First thing I thought of too. Based dildo mind.

Their armour is so fucking ugly Jesus Christ

except nuwars fighting scenes are waaay more ridicolous and shit in general.

Attached: lost my weapon because magnets.webm (640x536, 2.71M)

I don't understand how they can make the fire and debris in the background look so good and then the actual fight choreography is fucking awful. And it's just Rey. The part where Kylo Ren was fighting off three guards by himself was decent. It's baffling.

why does dual wielding trigger you guys so much

I love her facial expression in this
what is it trying to convey

For me it was his acting that made me like him more than the fighting. His slight turn of the head and look away before properly greeting Ned stark in a honorable and curteous way knowing they were about to fight was so composed and dignified

Lord Stark

Shameful ripoff.

Attached: 6575676585.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Why didn’t he use Dawn?

When he is surrounded he should have removed his elmet. You need spider sense to parry dudes on your back and sides with your peripheral vision taken away by that thing.

>good thing he forgot to gut me

>SQUIRE, FETCH ME THE DONGPLATE

the only facial expression she's capable of
>I'M ACTING!

good post

>could've just gave him a glowing white sword with a 30 seconds exposition by say, Jaime, in a previous episode
"We gave him two swords because it was the only way to make him stand out"
t. Dumb and Dumber

>wouldnt 2 short swords, like bit bigger than daggers, be doable
The Portuguese used that, a rapier and a thick dagger in the other hand, and they BTFO out of the samurai with it. But that was much later, when plate armor wasn't used anymore except only for the chest, because bullets went though that shit nonetheless

>gee bill! how come your queen lets you use two swords?

Captain Maario Naharis

Attached: 20FD372A-09AE-4DC9-950E-E9E0DF2BA229.png (477x318, 288K)

Not to excuse the faggotry of the show, but I was surprised that bronn dual wields swords on his first fight in the book.

Damn that pink is really bringing out his eyes.

>They couldnt have lobstered gauntlets like the book because he wasnt going to oynch through he face like the books.
>He split it open.
Duh. Of course he split it open. Everybody knows that if you're going to lobster gauntlets and you're going to do it like the book, you have to oynch through he face like the books as well. This is elementary.

>historical accuracy
Yeah the dragons weren't realistic enough either

Ran out of material

That's a fucking stupid argument and you're a dumb retard.
Fantasy elements are one thing, but Asoiaf has an internal logic with battle prowess elements being identical to 11th-13th century Europe. Throwing it all away for a cheap "OMG SO AWSUM" moment is a retard move, and defending it by saying it has fantasy elements is an even more retard move.
Grow a brain you fucking waste of space.
tl;dr you're retarded

seething

Not even him, your shit has been debunked 15 times in this thread. Fucking faggot pussy, you'll do NOTHING you'll do NOTHING

cope
I'm not even the op and all I'm looking for is to shitpost

>Stop screeching about 'historical accuracy' as if it's somehow making the film bad. Saving Private Ryan wasn't historically accurate either, so what?
When people lose faith and can no longer suspend disbelief, they tend to become nitpickers as a consequence of the grieving process. You can't court an audience that is keen on narrative complexity and teasing-out mysteries and hidden meanings in details, then pull the rug (or books) out from under them and expect all that mental energy to get diverted into musing about tax policies or costume stitching or "set pieces" and then having sex later IRL.

It's unreasonable expectation because it means that they were never passionate for a thing to begin with. They were casuals. No one slogs through that many passages on food or clothing without a more rewarding challenge. Both Gurrm and D&D knew this about the fans. I believe the shit they've pulled are attempts by them to spite "the fans" because they no longer need them.

Attached: forest-animals-nature-animals.jpg (600x900, 110K)

They are so wooden that even half-plate won't impact their AC.

3am and I havent started an assignment due at 10, am clown myself

Attached: fugg.png (225x225, 8K)