Death Note

>That ending

Probably the most disappointment I've ever been finishing a series.

Attached: 7144770.png (365x427, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dPtVIMI7MAE
youtube.com/watch?v=6Tj6a-NA_ak
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Should have dropped after Light won

Pretty much. Everything after just feels a bit shit

If the fake notebook wasn't swapped in the last episode it would have been s great ending

How did Light lose?

Basically just L 2.0 shows up and says “got ya lol”

The moment Light fell victim to L's ploy to lure him out after he was confronted by the detective on a live broadcast in the first episodes of the series. Through simple deduction from Light’s attempt on his life, L was able to determine that:

1. Kira exists and is responsible for the recent trend of rising deceased criminals taking place, confirming their deaths were not accidents or natural causes.

2. Kira’a method of executing his victims precludes requiring him to be physically present at the time of their demise.

3. He lives in a specific region of Japan.

4. He cannot kill a person without knowing their face and name.

5. Has limitations of the information he is able to gather.

6. Has not been carrying out his killing spree for a very lengthy period of time.

7. His first victim was a test, indicating to L that the culprit was a human tempted by curiosity.

One impulsive mistake and L managed to figure all this out. From there, it was a slow progression towards Light’s eventual downfall.

the creator pulled out some inane bullshit character whos le epic smart man who just knows lights responsible from barely tagential threads he put together

The anime should have ended at this point +1 episode and it would be a mega kino short series

The thing is, the death of Lind L. Taylor could still have been considered a coincidence. L would have needed at least two or three people to die then and there to say it was really the work of Kira.

Goddamn this. Everything after L died was bullshit.

Something something 2 fake notebooks when Light thought there was only one

The real kino ending would have been Light anticipating the swapped notebook, Mikami writing everyone's name on it to exonerate Light, and then it turning out it was real because Light didn't anticipate a double bluff. Honestly. The best ending would have been Light overestimating Near.

>DUH ENDING

I dropped after light won almost 4 years ago, went back last month to finish it, first half was absolute kino, but yeah fell off a bit

Reminder that there is an official alternative ending where Light wins and goes full retard on L's grave for a couple of minutes.

The Japanese live action movies have a better ending. L beats Light by secretly writing his name in the death note and sets himself to die 23 days from then negating Light from being able to kill him. Then the final confrontation has L instead of Near.

The main problem is that Near is such an annoying faggot with a stupid voice it was impossible for me to symphatise with him at all.

Anime's almost always have utter shit endings

Pic very much related

Attached: 8a24b558052146b7457bc459e27eba092426ee17_148076_750_954.jpg (750x954, 168K)

anime:
>shit ending
>no ending because it got canceled

Pick one

>keikaku doori

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg (550x441, 33K)

It was literally like episode 2

is anime for children or adults?

I liked how in the past they had all those shitty anime-original endings. Nowadays they don't do it because that would mean putting a tiny bit of effort into anime production. Every single title just kinda ends with "to be continued" (which basically means "please buy the LN").

Everyone hates anime original endings

for all you gaijins: keikaku means plan
thank me later ;)

Seinen is for "young men"

Exactly. 3 episodes ova, would be a 10/10 kino

both
as an example, LoTGH is for kids whereas Yuru Yuri is for men

Attached: 1550692980453.jpg (392x545, 34K)

I was hoping Light would become a shinigami

Anime is a niche medium mostly for kids and otaku. Everyone reads manga though.

Is there a height requirement? I'm 6'2" and not sure if I would like anime.

Well, everyone also has been watching all that infinite flux of shit we've got instead of anime for the last 10-15 years. So you can tell that "everyone" to go fuck himself.
An anime-original ending means that someone tried, that someone created something, that on our hands we have a shitty work of art, and not a glorified commercial.

he did

FMA 2003's ending > FMA manga/Brotherhood's ending

i think the reason why they kept manga going after L's death was because the author planned to kill Light from the beginning or later

i prefer Brotherhood but true, 2003's ending was better

I'm 6'8 and Anime and Manga are my preferred forms of entertainment, specifically Anime found on the Toonami block of Adult Swim.

Attached: 1549503598232.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

This. I dropped it at L dying, but everything up to that point was progressively bullshit. It was basically Light being retarded with a completely OP power, and to cover up him being retarded, they invented random ass rules for book.

>The best ending would have been Light overestimating Near.
Actually not bad. Considering how contrived a lot of it is with Light being perfectly smart, this would have been such a bitter sweet ending

Pleb.
>abruptly stopping mid-arc with "BTW MAIN CHARACTER DOESN'T DIE BYE"

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

Shonen's with shit endings:
>DB/Z
>Bleach
>Naruto
>JoJo original universe
>Death Note
>Yu-Yu Hakusho
>Shaman King
>Yu-Gi-Oh
>Reborn
>Fairy Tail
>Assassination Classroom
>Toriko
>Tokyo Ghoul
>One Piece & My Hero Academia (assuredly)

Shonen's with non-shit endings
>FMA (the anime version only)
>Kenshin
>????

no anime has a good ending

tweens

how it ended?

I love that ending. They really should have done that

johan liebert > light yagami

Finally a man with good taste
youtube.com/watch?v=dPtVIMI7MAE

Believing that Light should have won makes you a certified brainlet.

Attached: when-you-witness-black-foolishness-in-public-instantly-connect-29073334.png (500x525, 102K)

More people really should watch/read Monster. i feel like it would Yea Forums's favorite anime if everyone here watched it

Attached: b8de9d9317a6bf26ae85b43666e444ef--monster-johan.jpg (236x314, 21K)

is it true that the show is like death note?

No it's mediocre at best. The coolest thing that happened was ¡Johan Liberto! convincing that cop to an hero

Not especially. A surgeon who is otherwise not genius tries to track down a supernaturally intelligent psychopath who seems bent on some sort of deadly evil scheme. It's got some good tension and the characters are fun, but it's not a game of cat/mouse in the same way that Deathnote is.
It was great but dragged a bit in the middle and had a terrible ending.

Code Geass is like Death Note but better in almost every way. It's probably the best shonen out there, disregarding ongoing series like HunterXHunter

>That ending.

I actually loved the ending. Not quite how it got there. Just disregard everything before the reveal and then it becomes KINO. I love how desperate he is to live and how he's running away, and you can hear his desperate breaths as he's slowly bleeding out. Shit is fantastic.

Shonen's with non-shit endings
>Dragon Ball
Death Note (live action duology)
Yu-Gi-Oh (original, not Duelist or Millennium World)
Black Cat

This guy gets it. It was following the Shakespearean tragedy archetype. I wish they made Near more of an asshole though.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Tj6a-NA_ak
Seeing best boy finally get to be the hero he wanted to be, and realizing exactly what that entailed was pretty great too.

It's the closest you will get.
but it's super long so if you don't like a slow build (Like the main plot doesn't kick into gear till like episode 6) don't watch it.
And you either love or hate the ending

Never post about literature again. Deaths in Shakespeare aren't pathetic or desperate and you clearly don't know a god damn thing about tragedies, Shakespearean or otherwise.

>You clearly don't know a thing about tragedies, Shakespearean or otherwise

Nothing wrong with killing the scum on earth though

>forgetting Detective Conan in possible shit ending

ITT: retards with 5 watched shows discuss anime

The ending is terrific what are you talking about?

The dual detective shit is the stuff that is cancer.

Incorrectly quoting someone does little for you here. I'm not even sure what it is you're trying to say.

The only problem with the ending is that it keeps Light alive for five extra minutes for the purposes of fanservice/yaoi shipping. In the manga Light dies pathetically squirming on the ground like most of his victims. It was poetic justice and completely shattered his "god" persona.

Additionally Mello and N should have been merged into one character and foreshadowed/referenced in the first half.

M and N were supposed to represent different individual elements of L. Individually they weren't enough for him but working together (and with the work L had already done) they could beat him. That was their whole purpose and merging them into one person would make that totally pointless and just have "L number 2" and be a shallow retread.

fuck you niggers I am literally watching it right now while reading this thread. I started a week ago and I am watching it for the first time.
It seems vastly overrated, but still good. I am at ep 30

I don't know why people expected to get a satisfying conclusion from this series. Don't get me wrong, its highs are fucking incredible, but Light is not a character that was ever written to be defeated. He and L are playing 32D underwater chinese checkers and for either of them to checkmate the other would have required such an absolute bullshit leap of logic or else such a massive fucking mistake that an asspull was all but guaranteed.

I know exactly what they were supposed to be. It just wasn't compelling. Nearmello would obviously be an L continuation but that's what Near already was (but much less interesting). By merging them together you'd have Near's direct rivalry with Light and Mello's ends-justifies-the-means. L didn't exactly "play by the rules" but he did have his ethical limits, otherwise he would have dealt with Light immediately.

Your fault for not reading the manga with the best mahjong duel ever and then Ten
Also Akagi starts off with the narrator saying this is the tale of a legend who would rule the underworld in case you forgot

Attached: 0AD2.jpg (1944x4138, 1.16M)

>Code Geass
>good
>Forget Ashita No Joe which is top 5 best manga ever

You missed the point of L's character. He absolutely didn't have ethical limits and was willing to do whatever he could to win.

it's so fucking sad that this doesn't have a bluray release or is at least available on a streaming platform, the torrent for the 720p dvd took forever to download (it was worth it)

Attached: grimmer.jpg (459x318, 32K)