Are the Kill Bill movies worth watching?

Are the Kill Bill movies worth watching?

Attached: 4-kill-bill-vol-1-2003-fine-artist.jpg (708x900, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/reviews/kill-bill-volume-1-2003
youtube.com/watch?v=DspazLNetV4
youtube.com/watch?v=jkJ2bZGuiaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hot garbage

Tarantino kino

no

You won't be bored.

Yes, and more importantly they're also worth re-watching. The first volume is infinitely re-watchable for me.

Anyone who didn't first see it as a 13 year old have an opinion?

vol 2 > vol 1

oxymoron

no I'm just a moron

Anyone that isn't a 13 year old now going to start a thread?

alternatively: watch Lady Snowblood. It's great.

Attached: lady_snowblood_02.jpg (1280x549, 804K)

which is real, who’s the impostor

Attached: 94061EF4-FD91-4CAD-AECC-BA1482521954.png (500x634, 144K)

well god said it was
rogerebert.com/reviews/kill-bill-volume-1-2003

Attached: Roger-Ebert-FEATURED.jpg (950x534, 44K)

Saw it for the first time at 23 years old. Thought it was boring as fuck, and I love Tarantino.

Just watch everything he overtly references instead.

all il say is everyone ive asked irl who didn't like this movie turned out to be an uber fag and unfun to be around

Attached: 1521511037460.jpg (257x253, 14K)

spbp

Tarankino

2 is kino
1 is trash

if you're super into either
>karate movies
>tarantino in general
then I guess so. But if you were, you'd have watched it already, so I wouldn't bother

I'd say all of Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Inglorious Bastards, Django and maybe even Hateful Eight are better

Inglorious Basterds> KBV1> Django> KBV2> Hateful 8> Pulp Fiction

They’re all really good. Haven’t seen the rest except for a bit of Reservoir Dogs

This is my usual MO

>Hateful Eight that high

You'd have to truly be an ebin contrarian to place it above Pulp Fiction.

unironically just watch lady snowblood instead

Attached: sb2.jpg (1200x680, 78K)

jackie brown is his only good film

>You won't be bored.
but you also aren't missing out on anything important by not watching them.

Accurate. Not only is it his only good movie but it's a 10/10

This.

Quentin's flick is just embarrassing.

>shit order and missing movies
fag

It's one movie, and yes.

>It's one movie

Attached: neckbeard.webm (640x360, 1.78M)

same

you really went for his throat there huh? For one 5 word long post? You gotta learn to pick your battles better nigga, especially when it comes to subjective trash media like movies.

Felt like a 20 year old film student wrote and directed it. So it's not at all.

This is an actually good film.

>watching a movie to list the references he makes
you sound like a fag.

i like it, but im a smaurai loving anime guy so target audience right here.

edgy weeb

>I love Tarantino
>I thought it was boring as fuck
Lemme guess, your fav is Inglorious Basterds?

It's one movie you dumb fuck.

The final kino moment of the series is esteban's "How else is he going to see you again?"
Then there's 35 minutes of banalities and a semi-kino end credits. What gives tarantino?

I think the people that hate these movies tend to hate anything campy. Like the big fight in the first one with the Crazy 88's. I fucking love that shit but some people I talk to cringe when they see it so, hey, I guess that's it. Camp is really divisive I've noticed more and more. Like people really HATE campy shit. I always liked it.

youtube.com/watch?v=DspazLNetV4
I get HYPED when I see this, but lots of people don't. It's a toss up.

All Tarantino films are hugely overrated by wannabe film buffs. His films really aren't that good, its just ripping off better films and 'edgy' swearing.

its a great movie

I'm still wondering what the post-modernist Yea Forums consensus is gonna be once reddit starts parroting this.

No, not if you're over 14.

Watch out everyone, we got a film buff here, where's your ticket for Captain Marvel? You have to see it at least twice to be considered a true film buff. Where's your stubs at?

Yes and part 2 is better

feet everywhere. after learning about his shitbad fetish, then realizing it's everywhere in his movies, it kinda takes me out of the movies

Neckbeard tier opinion.

You've missed the point completely. He's a meme, none of his films have lasting value unless you buy into the hype his financiers put out.

Yes

This is such a entry level contrarian opinion. It's parroted all the time here by psueds competing to have the best taste in film. It's more tedious than the people who unironically enjoy his films for what they are. Like you were ever going to see the obscure art house film from the 50's he ripped Elle's whistling at the beginning of Vol I. from anyway (and it looked like trash, he just takes the parts he likes from dogshit films no one else has seen).

>You've missed the point completely.
...nope. You think you're above his movies. I get it. lol.

I keep seeing that tarantino just rips off other people but when I go back and watch the directors he supposedly ripped off, none of them seem to handle dialogue as engaginly as he does. Can you really call him a rip off if he does it better?

everything tarantino 'rips off' is worse than his final product desu

how come noone before based madsen thought of using a gun on the bitch

Pretty sure they already will be. Nothing posted here is an original thought (because the site is a cesspit filled with idiots), and both sites are always taking from the other.

Not that user but this is my opinion on Tino.
>his allusions to better films are hackneyed and weak
but
>the movies he makes are still watchable
I have a hard time with this because i think Tarantino is a big faggot, but I like his movies' music. fuck me huh?

do not attempt to bring logic into the kill bills

Are people talking about vol 1 and vol 2 separately just a meme or do people say it unironically?

Not even they guy you're replying to but Lady Snowblood isn't that obscure

did you watch the opening scene of the film my dear sweet retard?

Wat?

The black chick tried and Bill did it successfully as well

Realising that they are nowhere near as good as people hype them up to be doesn't mean I think I'm above them. You're still thinking in these insecure terms whereby your taste in films or music defines your value.

Great example of how to do a proper female character

Download the saperstein fan cut, it's a large improvement.

>You're still thinking in these insecure terms whereby your taste in films or music defines your value.
Sounds more like you m8. I don't give a fuck what you like. But I do know it's hard to make a good movie. I can't do it, neither could you.

Is it boring?

Honestly no.

It still BAFFLES me people call.themselves Tarantino fans yet have never heard of Jackie Brown

You're making the same mistake as others in assuming I'm competing (on an anonymous board no less) to have the 'best' taste in films. Some of my favourite films are straight trash but the fetishisation of tarantino needs to stop. Also the point still stands whether I watch the sources hes ripped off or not.

Shitposting aside, when will Tarantino's new kino come out? Been waiting for both this and Scorsese's The Irishman for a while now.

Attached: Once upon a time in hollywood.jpg (633x356, 81K)

>the fetishisation of tarantino needs to stop.
why bring it up on Yea Forums then, he usually gets trashed here

Its hard to make any movie, good or bad. It still doesn't change that his films are overrated and you've been massively triggered by me pointing that out.

>why bring it up on Yea Forums then, he usually gets trashed here
I don't come on Yea Forums often enough to know this as I'm not a paedophile.

You just sound pretentious and contrarian while repeating the same shit that has been posted here several times by other morons trying to seem superior. His films are overrated. A lot of people were kids when they first saw them, and it's very easy to impress a kid. But I still think they're highly enjoyable and honestly would contest the cynical "they aren't good because Quentin is a bizarre autist and just rips off other films!" as though nearly every film (and story in general) isn't just the cannibalisation of other stories with their parts rearranged to make something "new" (albeit usually predictable, unless they subvert expectations which can result in The Last Jedi or Better Call Saul).

>You just sound pretentious and contrarian
I'd argue the opposite. Its the people that make a fuss about this guy that are trying to be pretentious. And is it really contrary to point out what we all know? I also don't understand how someone could consider themselves superior for not liking something other people like. You're projecting. You shouldn't be this emotionally invested in whats posted here.

The first one is great if you're in the mood for an absurd action movie, just don't act like a faggot about gallons of blood squirting out of people "cuz that's unrealistic derp derp!"

Second one isn't bad but I haven't rewatched it as often. It has a slower pace and more dialogue, less action, so naturally some people say it's the better film since it seems more sophisticated. Personally, I think a lot of the dialogue is overrated, especially that Superman monologue by Bill at the end of the movie.

Attached: all I need is hate.jpg (584x393, 116K)

Did anybody see the whole bloody afair? Seems like it'll never be available outside of the limited run

>hires 2 female actors that can't do action for an action film

hmm i wonder if it's good

This scene is a piece of art, i love kill bill 1.

youtube.com/watch?v=jkJ2bZGuiaI
One of my favorite fight scenes

BEEL

Watch Bells of Death, Golden Swallow, Come Drink With Me, King Boxer, Executioners from Shaolin, White Lotus, Game of Death, and Twisted Nerve. Then Watch the Kill Bill movies to appreciate the Pastiche. In short, yes it is definitely worth watching.

OFFICIAL TARANTINO RANKING:
1. Inglorious Basterds
2.Django Unchained
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Kill Bill Vol 1
5. Reservioir Dogs
6. Hateful Eight
7. Kill Bill Vol 2
8. Jackie Brown

**POWER GAP**

100. Death Proof

Attached: rgvsb.jpg (273x223, 7K)

tarantino will NEVER produce another kino again after the editor of all his good movies died

this man speaks the truth

How many times have those two made movies together?

He is overrated for sure, but his films are 100% enjoyable and entertaining. Only pedantic assholes who repeat ''HURR DURR RIPOFF'' hate on tino

pulp fiction
reservoir dogs
jackie brown
inglourious basterds
death proof
kill bill
the hateful eight
django unchained

Attached: 1_500.jpg (500x700, 77K)

Hey he makes good Flicks. He has a love for movies and I definitely dig his taste in them. You can appreciate his flicks for what they are and love the little nods he does in them to movies which he likes. If you can't stand a director who does more Pastiche pieces than Carter has liver pills then avoid Quentin Tarentino Flicks. Love him or hate him he has a love for film and is one of the few living auteurs in Hollywood left.

This thread is a black male thing and like a episode of Night Calls up in hurra *farts and sniffs lady feets*

>baiting this hard

They're very violent, probably shouldn't watch if you're Australian.

Is 90s pepsi peak kino in terms of aesthetic?

>Is this the Tyra Show or did this turn into Night Call all of a Suddeeeeeennn!

Saw it at 9, checkmate

The problem with this infinitely regurgigated statement is that you're acting like he's the only director ever doing references.
Yes he's not subtle, that's a stilistic choice.

debate me, nerd

>take the bait no one else will
no thanks, turbo fag

>makes a claim and then fails to back it up
who's really baiting?

he's a tier above popcorn flicks. I don't see that as being pretentious. Pretentious is those losers trying to aggravate people by pretending Zack Snyder has depth because he's Christian

Because Bill Madsen is the ur example of fat lazy uncharismatic guy who refuses to get in shape. His presence was among the worst things in the first Bloodrayne movie.

>1. Inglorious Basterds
>2.Django Unchained
>Gnatzis
>muh niggas

tarantino has probably given many directors of the camp/trash he rips off a decent late-game payday. shit, i wouldn't be surprised if his relentless enthusiasm for that sort of cinema was a cornerstone of the golden era of dvd as well

it's a bit like kurt cobain with the endless amount of people he's gotten into obscure/cult/underground stuff, and then onward and upward, via the massive platform he's been given. yes, you get the never-ending stream of edgy neckbeard film students who want to make movies about quip-happy hitmen but overall i think tarantino has been a net positive for film culture and appreciation

perhaps curators like tarantino aren't quite as needed anymore with constant internet access at our fingertips. it's definitely doubtful if there ever again will be anyone like him who gets the keys to the kingdom

Attached: reservoir_dogs_1.jpg (1014x665, 212K)

i just really like Christoph Waltz

Same here. It did nothing for me.

Cartoonish. But who says cartoons arent a worthwhile thing? IT did what it set out to do and was watchable.

They definitely are worth taking your precious time of a day.

Attached: DB8A9378-B3F4-4B00-99B8-E570ADDF3583.gif (265x353, 1.93M)

As someone who watched both Lady Snowblood movies and read the manga, just watch Kill Bill instead.

For me it's Gogo.

Attached: 1525112385641.jpg (1280x1707, 527K)

Dont do it

Honestly kill yourself.

Yes. There is no CGI. Watch them at least for that.

Attached: 1551610945102.jpg (700x1049, 99K)

Part 2 Uma was peak Uma
prove me wrong

Attached: 54771021_1000215416834319_4748932810767597568_o.jpg (1068x957, 125K)

this, i didn't even finish the first one

Attached: clarence.jpg (702x441, 33K)

>stealing my rightful dubs
I will find you and I will dab on your corpse