Why is kino so often disrespected?

Why is kino so often disrespected?

Attached: dragon_ball_gt.jpg (400x300, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jVbq0sglAN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GT is garbage but better than Super (at least in animation and villains).

Implying DG as whole isnt generic shonen shit

>in animation
eh, if you like that style. It doesn't age well though.
>villains
everything up till baby was filler tier and baby was just as bad but can't call him filler because it introduced ssj4. 17 was just okay and shadow dragons were a pretty cool concept that only omega lived up to.

Oceana Shenron a cute

youtube.com/watch?v=jVbq0sglAN4

Because canon purists hate that it was better than anything that hack Toriyama could have ever made. SS4 was the most kino transformation.

Take your weebshit to the proper board.

I genuinely like GT more than Z, and that's coming from someone who only ever watched GT for the first time about 5 years ago and grew up with DB and Z repeatedly

I am glad Super being total shit ended up making more people look back on GT and appreciate it more even a little bit

Manface

Baby was a great villain. Prove me wrong

But it didn't.
The only people who like GT are the same who like Super: obese south american scum.
DB and Z are simply way too superior to all of these half assed attempts to replicate their vastly superior predecessors.
GT and Super have no identity, which is why they were both cancelled early, because no one watched such trash.

Attached: 1527686966421.webm (640x480, 2.17M)

Now compare that, an actual fight with actual choreography, with this piece of nuYamamuro trash where absolutely nothing happens, where they try to make simple move-to-the-side dodges look "epic".

Attached: 1524219808346.webm (720x480, 2.82M)

And lets not even talk about Spicper.
Anyone who supports either of these two bastardizations of Dragon Ball, created exclusively with money in mind, and not a creative spark, is the kind of consumerist whore who also defends watching Marvel superhero movies.

Attached: 1546046305318.jpg (580x487, 21K)

They simply can't compete.

Attached: 1523732008410.webm (512x384, 2.82M)

GT is a fun yet flawed alternate ending that, while not canon, gives the franchise an incredibly satisfying and definitive finale. I think that every DB fan should watch it at least once if just for the closure it can give to a franchise that is destined to go on for eternity

Attached: shot20-large (1).jpg (512x384, 77K)

End of Z was a satisfying and definitive finale.
GT botched that ending, tried being it's own thing, and then had to end all over again after nobody liked it.

>End of Z was a satisfying and definitive finale

Attached: 104567303-sweet-little-girl-throwing-up-puke-vomiting.jpg (1300x1300, 90K)

Goku becomes a master, goes on to train a pupil.
A simple yet satisfying end in line with all that Goku has done since the beginning of the franchise.
No treating Goku like anything special or a god, after all, he's just a guy who likes fighting.

Attached: 1543004923533.jpg (374x329, 34K)

There's nothing satisfying or definitive about Majin Buu.

>gt characters besides Goku and Vegeta are old and retired from fighting, sad to see them like this
>super characters besides Goku and Vegeta are still young and, while still being marginally useless, are able to fight alongside everyone
Call me a bleeding heart faggot, I just like seeing everyone young and full of energy.

Yes there was, it's just saying otherwise means having to accept that all that came afterwards sticks out.
Which it does.

OG DB was the foundation, and Z the core of the franchise.
GT and Super are failed attempts to replicate them instead of being their own thing for a reason.

no. i hate how it portrays him. its all wrong. theres no growth. if anything he got worse than ever before. he doesnt give a shit about his friends or family
>but goku was always a training autist
what a terrible excuse. its like saying "its for kids" to excuse a terrible movie.

toriyama already was tired of db during cell and put negative effort into buu. end of z was the turd on top of a shit sandwich.

i sincerely hope he redoes it or simply ignores it
>but he says super will definitely lead into end of z
i wouldnt take that statement too seriously. hes retconning shit left and right and soon he will realize eoz has to go or be redone if he wants super to continue giving him money

it's only "generic" now because all modern battle shonen is based off of it. it was far from generic when it came out in the 80s

>theres no growth
There's not supposed to be any growth regarding Goku, you fucking simpleton.

He's the most typical example of a Flat Arc Character, he doesn't change one bit throughout the show (except power ups) and the only thing that does change is that with which he interacts (Piccolo, Vegeta, Ten, etc).

Jesus, I know weebs in general are retarded, but these fucking spics that don't know the very basic of character writing are cancer.

Does anyone have a webm of that part where Baby is teleporting and trying to hit Goku with ki blasts and Goku is just standing there with that really stupid smile?

>character writing
A character that doesn't grow or change at all is shit, especially in a show with story progression and especially when it's the main character that has to clean up after his jobbing friends. DBZ is utter shit by any objective metric, only the original Dragon Ball has any merit.

No it was the best ending. Z just ending with goku fighting uub

>A character that doesn't grow or change at all is shit
Again, it's the typical Flat Arc for a character. This is one of the tropes employed, the other ones being the Positive or Negative Arcs. Vegeta is a good example of a Positive one, but even he is limited because he's stuck where he is. Same with Piccolo, same with Ten.

>main character has to clean up after his jobbing friends
Goku hasn't single handedly killed a main villain without help since Frieza in Namek, and he didn't even kill him.

At least watch the fucking show you're shitting on, imbecile.

Z > DB = GT > Super

>What if everyone kept training/fighting and we get new and interesting people for them fight
You know what, all we need to do is a have a giant tournament since we only care about the fights

The concept of Super is great....the execution wasnt perfect.