I'm kind of a brainlet when it comes to world history. Recommend some documentaries

I'm kind of a brainlet when it comes to world history. Recommend some documentaries.

Attached: world-physical-map.jpg (1200x778, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xuCn8ux2gbs
youtube.com/watch?v=YzbhMbAb4xg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ancient aliens.

Adolf hitler the greatest story never told

ffs

JRE clips

Ken Burns' Vietnam War

Not a documentary but the opening scene to National Treasure

youtube.com/watch?v=xuCn8ux2gbs

As an 11'5 guy, formerly big guy, I reccomend baraka - good shit

The only one you'd ever need
>you can make a religion out of this

is hardcore history worth listening to?

Yes perfect entry level

Cringe

Attached: 1521712553498.jpg (400x339, 35K)

>world history
>documentary
Keep being a brainlet nog

Don't watch documentaries for education. They're all propaganda. Especially the ones made after Moore revolutionized the genre.

Propaganda isn't a bad word

>Propaganda isn't a bad word

Attached: 1548972477774.png (475x637, 703K)

sorry im not a lifless, plain and boring person.

Not only gommies. Can be capitalist, ancap or whatever other kind of ideology. Propaganda is just a way to create, not something 'evil' by itself.

>Not only gommies. Can be capitalist, ancap or whatever other kind of ideology. Propaganda is just a way to create, not something 'evil' by itself.

Attached: 1547242330300.jpg (640x480, 18K)

Don't try to have a serious discussion with folk who reply with pictures of ugly people

Not unless you like the guy on it. There's not much historical scholarship there, just a personality with a casual interest who wants to be listened to. Like every podcast there is.

>Moore
Anybody seriously watching this fool or similar is beyond saving.

But still this user is right. Only watch documentaries to observe landscapes, nature, etc not to listen to some brainless actor reading the script.

Isn't propaganda biased towards one viewpoint/ideology

Every media is biased, even if subconsciously, by the culture of the society and the person creating it.
I'd say propaganda just has that bias in the open.

I can't stand Dan Carlin's delivery, and I never felt it was thorough enough to warrant being so long so it's a no for me

History of Rome is much much better, if a little shaky in audio quality

The Act of Killing and The Look of Silence are amazing works of documentary. They look at the 1965 Indonesian Massacre through the eyes of the killers and the victims

Sure, his WW1 stories are almost 4hr long and span for 5 episodes. He's not a historian though so most of his opinions are kinda biased, he got his hands on some good first person anecdotes that really put you in context.

Watch the Adam Curtis BBC docukinos. The Power of Nightmares, The Century of Self and Bitter Lake. Bit of a lefty spin on them but I am a super right wing guy and I thought they were great

I tried listening to this for about 4 hours. Dan Carlin keeps pausing when he talks like something weird is happening to him from behind. Really irritating. Had to drop it.

his argument for wahabism and neoconservatism being the same thing is a fucking retarded 10 year olds take on geopolitics

Deeply seconded.
His last two, being proper features, were among the best of their years and prove what a master filmmaker Curtis is.

PBS doco on the Gulf War ( I think it is called Desert Storm?) and BBC's Death of Yugoslavia are essential 90's world history kino

Say what you like about Curtis' BBC lefty take. His films are 100% pure kino. And you can still glean some interesting nuggets of information that normie narrative doesn't usually tackle.

>I'd say propaganda just has that bias in the open.
No. The definition of propaganda is that it intentionally misleads or misrepresents for the purpose of political indoctrination.

Which is obviously open to interpretation, but you would not call something propaganda unless you assumed it had nefarious intent.

Empire of dust

Attached: 1524360761068.jpg (807x659, 42K)

Meh. I don't use it meaning bad/lies, so it rubs me wrong when people assume that saying propaganda is already a criticism in itself.

The story of Ifuk Yamada is a great watch

Vice documentaries made before 2014
Liberian cannibal warlords one is good

Audiobookbay has a pretty active history feed...

Avoid the great courses/modern scholar spam, they should be called "the bait courses" because it's everything stripped of its vigor. When in doubt just go first hand.

Hi there fellow zoomer

White people win everytime. That's the gist of it

Losing now though. Hard

bump 4 interest

Idiocracy is pretty important

The Act of Killing + The Look of Silence are a must-see, I barely knew about the Indonesia genocide until I came across the films

The poor are losing. Identity politics and multiculturalism are just mechanisms for maintaining the status quo for rich white people.

Idiocracy is complete trash

>rich white people
yeah about that...

>Everything by Ken Burns
>World at War and The Great War by the BBC
Documentaries are only really good for history of the last 100 years. Ken Burns managed to stretch it out an extra 50 years by using the " Ken Burns effect" but anything before the Civil War you're really going to have to read a book.

This. It was her fucking turn.

I've never watched anything by Ken Burns. Have only heard the highest praise for the man though, but everything seems so long I don't feel enough of a push :(

why you afraid ot the truth

World War II In Colour

it's on netflix I believe

Watch The Western Tradition by Eugen Weber. I think they are on YouTube.

youtube.com/watch?v=YzbhMbAb4xg

Attached: DtbgWWlX4AAKqqX.jpg (1200x1200, 366K)