This is the epitome of a Netflix film

This is the epitome of a Netflix film

>mediocre acting
>very well shot with decent cinematography
>boring and generic plot

Attached: triple-frontier-cast-where-seen-before.jpg (1280x720, 255K)

it was a satisfying waste of 90 minutes, i think that's all these movies are meant to be

>satisfying
I was bored out of my mind during the last act. And it doesn't help that none of them had any sort of personality that was at least entertaining to me.

fuck you bitch i was pissing myself the whole movie. fucking pussy.

This

a good mediocre film in my book except the ending seemed rushed

the only reason this was made was to encourage people to resub to netflix by putting affleck on the cover of a new movie

Outlaw King was good

I just watch it, and the acting is very good user.

Especially Affleck.

god affleck is so bloated looking dude needs to lay off the booze

>Especially Affleck
put down the jameson Ben

>man we really are nothing without the army huh?
>yeah
fin

I liked it.

I want to suck Hunnam’s cock. FACT!!

The scene where she gets away was when I checked out. I know the one dude was supposed to chase her and meet up and talk, but none of the other people knew this, and the one guy literally just pats her on the back as she runs by. Just bad.

>so low budget you cast the same actor for two roles

I love Dadfleck

The acting is fucking shit. Charlie Hunnan is so god damn wooden and the dialogue is so bad you end up rolling your eyes at moments that are meant to be serious or powerful. The characters change entirely at random times for the sake of added drama.

I watched it last night. It was enjoyable

Ben affleck should be working on his batman movie. I feel like any day now WB is gonna replace him if he cant come up with anything. Really looking forward to his take on batman.

Don’t forget about Jack in the Box

Attached: 9F7F9DF0-4ABD-4C62-AABC-1D909CD4947F.jpg (1568x1045, 334K)

>knows exactly when the family gets back from church with backup army
>already has hundreds of millions of dollars loaded into van
>keeps tearing apart walls and fucks everything up

Why were they so retarded bros?

Yeah this was super weird for me

They didn't establish that Ben was in any financial trouble, barely focused on care for his family assuming that this money was for them (which really only came back near the end of the movie), thoroughly shown that Ben was in fact some super by-the-book smart operator planner guy, and then he fucks up the plan in like three different ways for what, an extra 20m share on top of his 100m share?

It pissed me off that they gave all the money to the family of the guy that fucked up the entire plan.

They made it clear that all the members had nothing going for them

It was a narco farm. It was the only way they could get away clean without killing everyone

I thought it was alright, but i wish it went full Spec Ops the Line, which i thought it would for a moment but they stopped short of killing the child soldiers and more innocents. I wanted to see them descend into madness and for the money to be worth nothing because they were not the same after the mission.

The ending seemed like it was designed by a committee. Really annoying and sterile. Spent the whole movie thinking that anything could happen and then *poof* gotta give a teenage girl all our money and pretend this never happened. Also, even though I'm a fan of some of the music they used, it felt really out of place. Like pandering. Here you go white dudes, this one's for you, happy now?

...were you going somewhere with that?

This... movie was not made for pussies. Movie was made to watch with ur Bros and y’all abiut which character u and ur friends over a case of Budweiser. The I left buzzzed up and had phone sex with a guy I met on grinder. My friends don’t know I’m gay.

Attached: 294AE1F6-2972-4F3A-AC8D-7CFB62EC6E7C.jpg (556x702, 125K)

They could have easily just bailed on their plan and gone 2 bags each and went about their way with 2-5 mill each, even after their wreck they could have still le

everything up until the actual heist is good and engaging. Its tense, its fun to see all these famous actors palling around, serviceable bants, the action is well choreographed, but then the second they get in the helicopter, for the next 90 minutes, its just a shitty band of brothers episode with these one note characters and shit dialogue. affleck was also the only character with any depth (still not much) so when he dies you might as well turn it off.

i laughed out loud when i saw her character. all these burnt out gang bangers and poor trash and then theres this fucking supermodel in a perfect out fit standing with them. what an obvious casting couch situation

my fucking sides at his "american" accent

Attached: Whats Wrong With You.gif (446x251, 726K)

god this was so fucking dumb. i guess the obvious theme is greed kills, especially focusing on ben being the greediest because of his financial trouble and dying, but youre expected to believe these professional operators whove literally seen this much cash before in other misssions would just lose all rationality in this situation. nobody was willing to just tell afflecks character to snap the fuck out of it because he was their superior in the military? it felt contrived and weird

i turned it off cause the cgi gunshots and explosions were straight adobe premiere

thats what it should have been. them making moral decisions over the money. instead they just keep dropping it everywhere until they run out. god this movies script was a fucking mess

The entire movie falls flat for me because of this. Youre set for life with a single duffel bag, with zero risk for them, but they need a "heavy lift" helicopter for 250 fucking million and over 100 bags lmao. I was bored to tears the hour they spent dragging the money up the mountain because the characters were boring retards. They never even fell apart or went to any emotional extremes, they were all just bored

Well that's basically what happenes at the end, they abandon the money instead of forcing through the village of teenagers. But still, the movie could've used some more grit and psychological examination of what combat does

Hey I don't need every heist movie to be Heat.

First 15 mins were great (up until the executions). Turned shit as soon as he ended up knowing the girl.

Failed at trying to give everyone a personality

I liked the part where the helicopter could've easily handled 125 million, giving each guy around five times "set for life" money, but no, they needed ten times set for life money.

I mean, is it even REALLY a heist?

>wait for people to leave
>go in
>steal money
that was LITERALLY it

That's almost literally the plot of Thief and it's one of the most influential heist movies ever.

... how is that not a heist?

Meh. This was better. The outsider was good too

The opening was strong. Didn't see hostages getting shot either

yeah and if I were to compare the modern car to the Model T, the Model T is going to look like shit

That's literally the worst non-food analogy I've ever heard.

Better watch proper military heist kino; Kelly's Heroes.

It's really not. People expect more out of heist films especially since the complexity of the heist is a huge part of why heist films are popular at all. It's not like a drama film where you can approach a relationship much more intimately. Try to re-create The Sting 1-for-1 and it's going to be shit today.

whats going on here?

hangover mcdonalds

LOL

when i saw the trailer last month i got hyped as fuck.
the movie is fucking average, there is not one memorable scene.
i mean, there was so much they could do but in the end its just the five dudes dragging bags for half of the movie

Absolutely amazing how Shitflix can be so soulless, time after time. There's no stopping them

I mean, why settle with a few million when you can get so much money that you make millions per year off of sheer interest? That way you get a guaranteed safety net luxury-tier salary and you’re not like one of those lottery winners that ends up blowing all of their money and going broke.

That scene in the field where Affleck grills the girl led nowhere
they made it look like Pope and Affleck would have a problem down the line.

nigga its not like they would end up with 1 million dollars
they would get 10+
how the fuck can someone spend that much money anyway

You're the epitome of a loser
>cynical
>way less intelligent than you think you are
>completely exchangeable

If I liked A Violent Year will I like this?

I take it you haven’t heard the lottery horror stories. Besides, if you think you can get away with hundreds of millions vs a few million, what would you pick?

wtf they aren't even remotely comparable, I don't even know how you can ask anyone this question

But let's say, probably not. It's certainly not Isaac's best showing.

There are so many scenes like this that just fucking go nowhere

I would plan and see what my helicopter can carry before doing this shit.

It's the same director, that's why I asked.

Valid

They expected 75 millions, but then realized there were over 500. They brought 250 with them, 3 times what they had planned for. They got too greedy.

I was entertained, reminds me of mindless 90s action flicks

The only parts that pulled me out of it, were the "bonding" scenes, sharing beer, burning money etc. I just didnt see the characters together enough to earn enough rapport to care

Not only that but they established that they had turned or transported large amounts of money as operators and didnt get corrupted by greed

Between that, establishing Ben's reservations about joining and establishing that he literally "cant help" figuring out logistics... his whole greed thing to rip open walls and overload the helicopter didnt make sense

Yeah but you don't know the final number

Way more action, give it a shot. But violent year does end up being better

Should of turned into a Predator movie when they found the cash.

Attached: predatorrrr.jpg (700x300, 33K)

It stars Ben Affleck so it's an immediate avoid

This piece of crap doesn't compare to the old Arnold action movies.

Sure, you wouldn't become all greedy and would've fully known the helicopter's capacities despite of all the variables in the situation. Kys.

>This is the epitome of a Netflix film
>>mediocre acting
>>very well shot with decent cinematography
>>boring and generic plot

Holy fuckin bleh, this shit was must sooo middling. Infact - So average its not even really worth talking about because you all knew EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN WELL BEFORE IT DID.

Not if I was a trained veteran operator who operates in the real world and doesn't yield to childish temptations
>100 million isn't good enough for 5 faggots

>The boys are back together for one last job
>One of them dies
>The Real Treasure Was The Friends We Made Along The Way
>Mischievous Ending

Derivative, unoriginal, watchable

Horseshit. You didn't know what would happen to Ben or that he would be the bad guy

It's operator kino

If you had a 90% chance of getting 25mil or a 40% chance of getting 50mil what would you pick?

The fuck is this fag talkin about

>Drug king pin put this mexican thot in charge of his entire cash pile
oh fer sure

>will the only character with even a hint of something to lose either die or lead to everyone else dying

Ben dying was all apart of the plan. One less share.

It has a lot of problems but I liked it to be honest

I would of told the spic to follow his donkey if he wanted money. He already fucked up with the chopper

Taking a netflix gig is like slumming it up in capeshit. JC Chandor completely phoned it in, hopefully they cut him a nice check for this TURD so he can go ahead a make an actual decent film next

The moment Affleck turned around and knew he was about to die was pretty kino.

I thought the muzzle flashes looked great. The sound during the mountain shootout was pretty good too.

Even that was unintentionally hilarious. I was waiting for JUST memes to appear

first act was pretty good. they house raid was well made and really suspenseful.
after they leave the mansion the plot goes to shit and becomes retarded by the minute.
they should have made something where everyone dies in the end like in mile22 or something where they get counter-attacked in the mansion, like that flick with US soldiers in Libya.

what? the guy who got shoot had personality, he kept list over everything, don't you remember user?

bruh

1 'large' suitcase is like 50lbs of cash or 2.4mil, duffle bag gunna be like double the amount. They flat out said they were carring 9000lbs over, so you can take that as you may 180 50lb duffles or 90 100lb duffles. Probably somewhere in between. So right off the bat we know there greedy asses brought 450mil with them. So to round it off almost 100 mill each -3mil for the informant and -3 for the heli and whatever the service fees with that contract launder company was that was going to cut them a regular check for whatever they made.

They literally could have carried a light duffle on their back in the final rush and been flush. You got to remember that 4% safe draw rate on 1.25 mill is good for 25 years and they are all in their 40's. or they could have not been so fucking greedy and just not used that dumb cargo net and just carried whatever fit in the heli and been good.

i'll take 100% of getting 10mil Alex

It was the funniest film I have seen in a long time.

honestly this was the only believable part of the movie. cartels do wierd shit with their cash man.

Couple of silencers wouldn't hurt too

R U For real user...?

thats stupid.
just dump the cargo net with all the loot on this side of the andes at a bumfuck gps location, and then return to pick it up with better logistics once the dust is settled.

which is basically what happened in the end, but without all the drama and the problems that actually happened.

>JAYSIS CROIST JACKIE BOY, YOU'VE BEEN SHOT!
>nah it's cool, I can still go five days trekking over the mountains where the altitude alone should be fucking me up, no sweat
>I'll even help you guys drag the money

Know what would have been a better twist? Pope plans for his mates to die from the very beginning so he can keep the cash. This ties into that scene where Ben is wary of Pope after talking to the girl.

>a better twist
There was a twist?

>that scene where Ben is wary of Pope after talking to the girl.
that was really strange sub-plot point.
disappointing it wasnt developed into anything.

It would've been better if Pope planned with a third party to kill them and keep it for himself. The end of the movie would be all of them dying and the money just lying there forgotten forever.

I thought this too when he was talking to his girl 15 minutes in

>Wonder why threads on this are turning up so regularly
>See TV ad and realise it's what Netflix are shilling this week

Even better if Pope actually turned and works for a rival cartel because he's tired of living like a wagie fighting for the good guy.

I mean the entire thread is shitting on it though

>new movie comes out on Netflix
>everyone makes threads about it to shit on it, or the thread instantly devolves into shitting on it
>hurr durr its gotta be netflix shilling!!

Attached: You Dense Motherfucker.jpg (378x513, 181K)

I was planning on watching this and then some guys I work with (we're inna Marines) told me that it flustered their milfag autism but I watched it anyway so we could shit on it and at lots of points my autism grew out of control. Lots of times they're going through open spaces, their morality gets in the way (Like Batflecks the bad guy for wasting villagers in self defense, or they're gonna risk dying because they don't wanna kill teenagers with guns, and they even leave a stack for the fucking kid that catches them.)
Also, in SF selection, people who can't work well with others under stress is weeded out. After you pass everything youre asked if there are anyone you wouldn't want to work with and if enough people say you're not a team player or they don't want to work with you then you get dropped. So the friction among the team in the movie was unimmersive. Also when that dude was singing ranger cadence it made me cringe.

Not only that, i mean ripping the walls and taking as much as possible is maybe not the worst, but that they and him as the planner were too dumbfuck stupid to get the idea to leave half of the money on some mountain plateau before they pass the highest point, that the helicopter couldn't pass because of too much weight is beyond all logic.
I would have left half of the money on some icy mountain, where no fucker will find it, fly to the meeting point, refuel the helicopter, fly back to the left over money, hook them up, fly to the meeting point again and enjoy retardedly amounts of money.
But for the dramas sake, they absolutely had to be that dumbfuck to try the impossible while crashlanded killing the villagers which resulted in Afflecks dead. Well done. That's not how a former SpecOps team would act. Even on drugs.