Family Guy was hilarious at its peak (seasons 1-3)...

Family Guy was hilarious at its peak (seasons 1-3), the writing was sharp as hell and the gags kept coming and coming and coming.

Then South Park does a parody episode of it and all of the sudden the internet jumped on the #FUCKFAMILYGUY bandwagon.

Watch "prime Simpsons" (seasons 1-10) and holy shit so much of the humor is dated and legit cringeworthy (D'OH, MMM DONUTS, ARE WE THERE YET ARE WE THERE YET, COWABUNGA DUDE, BUUURP, EAT MY SHORTS, WHY U LITTLE, DON'T HAVE A COW MAN, etc.). Prime Family Guy was much wittier.

Attached: 0cacb6456c9d5e91.jpg (1160x652, 107K)

Sneed

Imagine nonironically arguing about why Family Guy is good

Attached: 1435496267954.gif (250x188, 2.4M)

I like the sans undertale episode

>Prime Family Guy was much wittier.
That's because you're an edgy zoomer and don't understand why classic Simpsons was so great. It's the same thing as "Seinfeld isn't funny" syndrome

Also sneed

I've never seen that episode of South Park (tbqh I've probably only seen 10 episodes of SP tops) and even I think it went severely downhill after season 3. Not that it still doesn't have a gold episode now and then, but it's nowhere near as consistently funny as S1-3

family guy has always been trash

> (D'OH, MMM DONUTS, ARE WE THERE YET ARE WE THERE YET, COWABUNGA DUDE, BUUURP, EAT MY SHORTS, WHY U LITTLE, DON'T HAVE A COW MAN, etc.)
Man if that's all you got from The Simpsons I feel bad for you. The Simpsons originated the whole "cultural reference" style of humor family guy relies on but did it much in a much subtler way, so you didn't even notice.

based

People started hating Family Guy cos the jokes were so formulaic

>wow this reminds me of the time [celebrity] [verb] in the [historical event]

>Zoomer
I'm 28

sneakers o'toole
libtard annihilator

Based

isn't it funny that family guy beat them all by attrition?

no matter how hard family guy sinks it doesn't shit itself as hard as simpsons or south park

Season 1 and 2 of south park has a fair share of dated jokes / cringe

You are a proto zoomer

god i hate this place so much

>its a Brian and Stewie episode

Attached: 1552096237681.png (1365x2048, 826K)

Seasons 1-3 were good tso it was a shame that the show was cancelled. When they resurrected it I was happy but season 4 onwards was a whole different trainwreck. Now I wish they'd just let it die at 3.

Attached: Formerly.jpg (500x375, 27K)

>Family Guy was hilarious at its peak

Attached: 1214260760549.jpg (240x320, 25K)

Brian: God I can't believe what Trump's doing to this country
Stewie: Sounds like you're a butthurt libtard, Brian
Brian: A bu-what?? Stewie, you need to have sex NOW
*stewie naked* We doin this?

epic

Maybe the content was better but I cant bring myself to watch the shitty animation and voiceovers

I think the problem with Family Guy is that it does exactly what the Simpsons tried to avoid and relies mostly on cartoon humor and less so on humor based on the characters' interactions.
While it was fine during its first few years when it had to deal with censors, some time ago they really went all out and made it so that almost every episode has some instance of horrible bodily injury. We're talking limbs being sawed off, heads getting crushed, Stewie shooting Brian, or whatever.
As a result, it's impossible to feel anything for the characters because there's no sense of continuity. A character can get horribly injured in one scene and be totally fine the next. So why even give a shit about what they do? Family Guy characters are totally one dimensional. Every character in Family Guy is like Dr Frink or Doctor Hubbert. They only have one aspect to their personality and that's it.
>Oh Quagmire loves to fuck a lot.
>Oh Dr Hubbert is a doctor who laughs a lot.
>Oh Dr Hartman is a stupid doctor.
>Oh Meg is hated by everyone.
>Oh Louis or whatever his name is is an idiot.
>Oh Dr Frink is a crazy inventor.
So while it's okay for characters like Frink or Hubbert because they rarely show up, in Family Guy they're the center pieces of the entire history. There's no "heart" to Family Guy. It's just characters farting and shitting and stabbing each other.
As a result, it makes sense that Family Guy was pretty popular in the mid to late 2000s, because grossout violent humor was all the rage at the time. And it still gets an audience who laugh at all the violence and the horrible shitty things the characters say to each other.
I know we laugh about it, but something like Sneed's Feed and Seed, Formerly Chuck's, is a kind of joke that is too intelligent for Family Guy.

Attached: geese's honk and haw.png (624x352, 256K)