Anybody else feel this was just the dualists with magic?

Anybody else feel this was just the dualists with magic?

Attached: 51wILNNX2VL._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 22K)

It's pretty crazy when you realize the machine didnt actually work

I really like Harvey K, but have never seen Duellists for some reason is it good?

Yes. But it's a film that's unfulfilling, there's no real winner of the story

This. It's beautiful but essentially its 2 men fucking each other over.

Wut

Will start with this, the machine not working is not suppose to be obvious. It is like the magic tricks in the movie, the trick is not easy to spot, it's difficulty leads you to believe its real. The trick is there to fool the audiences into believing the trick is real. The machine not working is the ultimate trick. The film alludes to there being no real magic many times, it's dedication and sacrifice that makes a true magic trick. What shows more dedication and sacrifice then dedicating the movie to actually masking this trick properly and sacrificing the real story of the movie by masking it inside a trick

Nonsense

The machine was never shown working outside diary narrations

KYS

This confuses the brainlet. I must admit I only got it in my second watch when I realized it was the drunk guy who died in the tank

What about the one huge jacked man shot

Then explain all the clones floating in the different tanks

>not knowing which knot you tied
the hats and cat clone, fuck off

That clears it up then.

Theres no such scene, rewatch the movie.

The tesla story was told via diary entries. The diary was fabricated to fool and mess with Borden, did you watch the movie?

Will start the theory with the diaries, specifically angiers diary. Angier gives Borden who is sent to death, and will die in a short amount of time a fabricated diary. As is stated in the last sentence of the diary, which Borden reads aloud as he gets to the end. The tesla visits are fabricated, the whole point of the diary is to prove to Borden Angiers help sent to the prison has indeed bought angiers estate and wants to buy his secret. This set ups angiers visit to Borden as lord callow to torture him one last time by tearing up his prestige and to show he has his daughter. This also gives clear motive for Angier in his dying speech to lie as a dying man as he has lied already been proven to lie to a dying man

Based

thats a great way to look at it. so the clones can be explained as the diary supposition story. and the drunk angier double was purposefully told to listen to borden so Borden would think he actually converted him to ruin angier's show? I need to rewatch it now, so far that all fits as plausible

Fuck. I've just watched it again but I'm half cut, all this went over my head.

“Now you’re looking for the secret…
But you won’t find it…
…because you don’t really want to know…
…you want to be fooled.”

just watched a clip of the ending. angier doesnt expect borden(or his twin I dont remember which one it was)to show up, so why would he have tanks full of fake bodies? the movie very clearly shows us shadows in the tanks and 1 actual body in a tank and the end of the left side closest to the camera, but in the previous cut when borden walks away from a dying angier it shows only 1 body in a tank much closer to angier, and no shadows in the tanks at all. if you are legit baiting me now user, you got to see something very special.

It's what Barry Lyndon wishes it was.

I couldn't stand it. Christian Bale was the bad guy, he was in the wrong all the time, and the film sold him as the good guy.

Ee waz a geezer