How many seasons of The Walking Dead would be?

>There are plenty of clues to suggest season 10 will go ahead, none-more-so than The Walking Dead’s Chief Content Officer Scott Gimple suggesting the show could run for “20 years”.

>Gimple – who was a showrunner at the time – told NY Daily News in 2017: “We are trying to do 20 years – the comic has certainly done it, and I look forward to every issue.”

I keep watching this because I have watched it for 9 season already and because and for the laughs of the left propaganda about diversity and all that shit but I don't think that I could watch this for many more season more. Maybe this and another one to end it but not more.

How many more do you think there will be?

Attached: 81PluI9mMjL._RI_.jpg (1600x1200, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iR90_8YSp6A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*AY*

Attached: 1330299590643.jpg (605x615, 127K)

Fucking hell poor Sir Andrew Lincoln deserves better than this.

I stopped watching this mid season 3. I actually didn't realise they were nearly at a fucking 10th. Is it worth watching the rest?

Also, I'm in love with the palid and traumatized girl.

Attached: ana6sv50gij21.jpg (750x927, 64K)

no

My bet is that season 11 or 12 will be the end. Too many people keep leaving, and no one gives a shit about the new people they are trying to quickly replace the veteran characters. Also dont think the "Rick movie trillogy" will happen, we will probably only get 1 movie and AMC will pull the plug on the rest.

It will never stop. They'll just keep getting new characters. Why would it ever stop?

*M'ASKS*

Attached: 1322648370533.gif (300x169, 2.57M)

9th season is pretty good so far

*U*

Attached: 1322645550969.jpg (238x251, 7K)

>Why would it ever stop?
Because the show is at an all time low with the worst viewer ratings its ever had, even more so than season 1?

*RUBS HEAD*

Attached: 1479253743626.png (654x450, 488K)

Seasons 3-5 are the show's peak, but it's still watchable after that. The Negan episodes are 100% based.

Attached: negan_lean.webm (1920x1080, 600K)

*SUMPTIN*

Attached: 1330307073233.jpg (575x288, 14K)

They're shooting for 20 years cause that'll put them at the top of of longest running live action shows ever ran.
They'll be able to advertise the fuck out of that to keep the shambles of a show that will be left by then going.

Attached: Capture.jpg (583x293, 28K)

*RIK*

Attached: 1322649057202.png (1280x720, 937K)

>Sunday's episode of The Walking Dead got dunked on, falling to its lowest ratings ever.

>Airing opposite the NBA All-Star Game on TNT and TBS, the AMC series recorded its smallest total audience and adults 18-49 rating in its nine-season history. The episode averaged just 4.54 million viewers and a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic, off 12 percent in viewers and 15 percent in the demo from its midseason premiere the previous week.

>The Walking Dead's previous low in viewers was 4.71 million for its second-ever episode in November 2010. Its worst 18-49 performance before Sunday came earlier in season nine, with a 1.8 for the Nov. 18, 2018 episode.

>The series, while still the top-ranked cable show (sports excluded) across the board, has taken a hard ratings fall over its past two seasons. Same-day 18-49 ratings for season nine are down 40 percent versus season eight; go back another year to season seven and the decline is more than 60 percent. Total viewership has fallen by more than half.

Shit so it is still the most watched cable show including sports???

Viewers are only one part of the equation. The other parts matter too, like story and what ideas the writers have left to tell.

>because and for the laughs of the left propaganda about diversity and all that shit

Do you appreciate the right wing propaganda in the show, or do you not understand your own politics and are only capable of getting triggered by things?

Attached: peugeot106.jpg (2898x1975, 1.57M)

Negan is literally the only reason why I still watch it. Aside from him the show is just 95% women making horrible decisions.

If AMC's money-grubbing (((executives))) didn't kill off Coral to save a few shekels it would actually be kinda cool to see how he develops as a character and also growing up from a kid to a grown man over 20 seasons.

what right propaganda there is in twd?

give me a "for instance"

>kill another man for your best friends son
>he kills you

Attached: 1259192594378136717534727.jpg (661x514, 28K)

Do you like my meme?

Attached: d5721a08d49819a8.png (586x376, 432K)

Dont indulge the retard. The show is pure leftist, theres not a single romance that isnt gay or biracial.

It will continue as long as it's lining the pockets of AMC executives with cash.

They already trimmed all the fat that they could with all of the lead actors departing. All that's left is costing them nothing, and the rest of the actors are all literal whos that get paid just a pittance. Even with ratings continuing to tank it's still catching well over 4 million viewers per episode, which is massive for a cable tv show. Only when it starts to drop under 1 million viewers could I see the talks starting to end the show for good, and only then if it's costing them more money to produce than it's raking in with advertising.

See, with Andrew Lincoln gone, as well as Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira and Chandler Riggs, the only actors taking a significant amount of money for their roles are JDM, Melissa McBride and Norman Reedus, with Norman obviously being the highest paid actor on the show now. These three actors will likely leave the show as well soon enough, and it will become something completely different to what it was originally meant to be, but as long as it pulls in the minimum amount of viewers / profit nothing will change, it's all about the numbers.

See, this is why I gave up on this show. It's essentially a network drama series at this point, one that will never fucking end like NCIS or any of the other network dramas that just go on forever because people keep watching them and they make money. It's not about creative vision, or writing, or directing or acting, it's all about money and I don't give a shit about that. There's no heart and soul to this show anymore, it's all just a bland and boring network show with no reason to tune in anymore. The story is dull, none of the characters are interesting, the plot is silly and redundant. There's nothing special to it anymore.

>The show is pure leftist, theres not a single romance that isnt gay or biracial.
Well maybe the Henry and Lydia relationship.

There was a lot of shit that made me want to give up on TWD after the season 7 premiere (which was pure kino)...but Rick leaving was the final straw for me. Andrew Lincoln was absolutely incredible. Best actor I've ever seen in a television show. Without him there is no TWD, period.

I know my parents still watch it weekly, as do a lot of older folks. I think that's the target market now. 50+ year olds who are content to watch this show they've invested all this time in. I'd say it has a season or two left before they've gotta cancel it.

Attached: th.jpg (375x195, 13K)

lowest ratings ever, yet still the highest rated cable show in its timeslot. It's irrelevant to say its ratings are historically low, because they're still higher than pretty much everything else it is competing with.

I wish AMC had the balls to have all the Alexandrians killed off when Negan was about to execute Rick and Coral before the Kangdom saved them. Would have been kino to do that and turn Negan and the Saviors into the new protagonists.

I wouldn't call it right wing propaganda but TWD has some pretty redpilled scenes.
>Trash people surrender guns
>Immediately executed by their rulers

Attached: bane_negan.jpg (854x882, 504K)

Thats why one of them will end up dying. Cant have 2 white kids in love.

But after The Whisperers who would be the enemy? There are more stuff in the comics?

>what right propaganda there is in twd?

>capital punishment (Jeffrey) is justified
>literal ex-democratic politician leader is shown to be idealistic but naive and ineffective and dies as a consequence of it (diana), she even admits her ideas were all flawed before she dies
>repeated allegorical arguements for isolationism, nationalism, and wariness of outsiders
>literally build walls around their towns
>repeated arguements for military expansionism and preemptive attacks against aggressors
>pacifism repeatedly debunked in a 'dangerous' climate
>Littered with second amendment propaganda and even shows a young child expertly wielding a pistol to defend herself as if this is not a problem.
etc etc etc

>what right propaganda there is in twd?
>do you not understand your own politics and are only capable of getting triggered by things?
>[yes]

Why the fuck do you think it resonates so strongly with a broad cross section of america?
>b-but there are black people and gays in it
lmao you literally don't have any understanding of representation of political ideas beyond superficial identity politics crap

>Viewers are only one part of the equation

check out the big brain on Brett

How the fuck are you people still watching this show?

I dropped it at episode 3.

no idea, but what I can see them doing is reducing each season to only 8-10 episodes total, instead of 16 and just airing it all in one chunk instead of 2.

FTWD will likely be cancelled in the near future though, they will likely just merge all the characters left from that show into TWD to make up for all the departures of the main TWD cast.

Given the context of a zombie apocalypse, that takes away the political slant of a lot of those things. Isolationism/wariness of outsiders, building walls, aggression vs enemies, pacifism not working (but it did in the last episode with Carol's suggestion of diplomacy succeeding when the Kang wanted blood), and everyone owning guns/knowing how to use them all make perfect sense for the end of the world situation the characters are in.

The whole thing is allegorical, the dangerous climate is meant to mirror our own dangerous climate, and they're already at the point when other humans with different ideologies, not zombies, are the real threats.

plus the vast majority of it has nothing to do with zombies, and the idea of a post-society rebuild poses the question even more acutely of what is the natural and just state of society and what politics mean to us inherently.

You just don't understand any of that. But the conservative boomers who watch this show do.

It's like you honestly think politics means pol means politically incorrect means politics means niggers and gays and uppity women or not.

>There's no heart and soul to this show anymore
>anymore
fren, I hate to break it to you, but this show hasn't had heart or soul since season 2

>content to watch this show they've invested all this time in
somehow they don't understand the concept of sunk cost

season 6 was the beginning of the end of this show. It had a few moments but was mostly boring shit. Then season 7 happened, actually the season 6 finale was actually not terrible until the last few minutes, and then after that well the show just nosedived off a cliff.

4 and 5 were the peak of this show.

When the ratings drop below 3 million viewers per episode it will be canceled.

So season 10 will probably be the last.

none of those things are presented in a favorable light ya dingus

*LIKS LIPS*

Attached: 1330303466799.png (714x614, 414K)

>season 6
nigger, the burning of the farm was the beginning of the end
the prison was absolute garbage and completely lost my interest

Idiot

This season is better than it's been for a long time, the world building is actually pretty great now.
Having stars or paying actors money hardly matters. The level of talent isn't very high, but it's not terrible.
And they have actually stopped do a lazy cost saving thing, which was those awful single plotline episodes with only a handful of the cast.

And it does actually have some heart, which is the fact it's shot on 16mm film to give it a genuine horror look, and how good the makeup and zombie design is, which has always been really quite good. The production, in several facets, is really quite impressive.

Even under 3 million it would be their top show.
This baby is going all the way son.

Attached: 3425132134.jpg (555x347, 51K)

Jeffrey's execution isn't presented as justified? And justified in the context of a society which can afford to incarcerate him?
>he tried to kill someone
>he had a lot of chances
>we don't want the drain on our resources
>he'll serve as a lesson to others

Which arguments exactly are presented against this? Which characters even disagree?

>Which characters even disagree?
Jesus,

Also their most expensive, which is why it will be canceled. It will drop below 3 million this season. It will struggle to stay in the twos next season.

Judith wielding a pistol isn't presented as harmless and badass?
Diana wasn't delusional and misguided?

Yes, in a 'you disagree and we respect that, but we need strong leaders'
they present nuance, but it's clearly shown as the right decision, and maggie as an intelligent and just leader.

Do you mean Gregory right?

youtube.com/watch?v=iR90_8YSp6A

I mean hell, jesus even dies because there are 'bad people' out there, just after taking a stand against the idea of dealing with 'bad people', and it causes his friend the fag guy to reconsider his liberal views

>i leave Yea Forums once a week for twd gamethread
>it’s the same, once great product gets run into the ground
feels bad

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOOOOOOOOP IT!
AHHHHHHHHRGGGGGGGG

MAGIIEEEEEEEE STOP IT

Attached: 24234.png (1189x616, 283K)

oh yeah gregory

>look, the only arguments for capital punishment are ones that exclusively work in a post apocalyptic society
so right wing

Attached: eyeroll.gif (500x279, 1.99M)

you’re a laughable idiot

Fuck Gregory, dude was guilty of coordinating an assassination attempt and treason since he was trying to kill off Hilltop's leader. He's also a coward and his only relevant skill was kissing Simon's ass, which was no longer necessary. He deserved the rope.

It's a post-post apocalyptic society, they have the resources and structure to incarcerate him. They choose not to, and rationalize that with the identical arguments used for capital punishment in our society. Infact, more conservative, because Gregory only conspires to kill someone.

I'm not saying that conservative values are false, only that they're widely present in TWD.

Ricks experiment bringing the communities together and trying to show mercy was another depiction of left wing values.
Noble but ultimately naive, disconnected from reality, and futile in a world populated with many bad people.

Daryl, Michonne, Carol, Maggie, they're all 'redpilled'