Well, Yea Forums? Which one is better?

Well, Yea Forums? Which one is better?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (448x270, 45K)

Given the level of brutality and the choice to do the film in Aramaic, passion probably gets the higher recommendation from me.
Temptation felt hammy to me (and generally I love Paul Schrader's work) but I need to rewatch it.

The Passion accurately displayed WHY Jesus called the Jews the synagogue of Satan.
They fooled the masses into believing lies to further their agenda.
In The Last Temptation, the director makes it seem like the Romans were responsible, where as they were merely a cog in the Satanic plot.
The Passion and Jesus of Nazareth are worth watching. the full 6 hour version of Jesus of Nazareth is worth a watch

Jesus Christ Superstar

>the scene where Pilate speaks to Jesus in Aramaic and Jesus responds in Latin
Top kino, they don't make movies like this anymore

The Romans were responsible you retarded /pol/ incel. They carried out the execution. I fucking hate you retarded pieces of shit, just go back to your containment board.

>Jesus of Nazareth
Completely forgot that existed. Thanks for the reminder, always wanted to watch it.

Passion has the benefit of not being heretical. The latter is built upon the idea of Jesus's being having two wills that are not in unison.

Jesus is both man and God, so how is that idea heretical? Jesus canonically was conflicted between his Godliness and his humanity.

>The Catechism of the Catholic Church, no. 475, states: "Similarly, at the Sixth ecumenical council, Constantinople III in 681, the Church confessed that Christ possesses two wills and two natural operations, divine and human. They are not opposed to each other, but co-operate in such a way that the Word made flesh willed humanly in obedience to his Father all that he had decided divinely with the Father and the Holy Spirit for our salvation. Christ's human will 'does not resist or oppose but rather submits to his divine and almighty will.'"
This is maintained by the early church from the Council of Constantinople onward

Gibson also did the ye olde words thing in apocaylpto, really adds to the authenticity.
I actually found Passion moving as much as it was gritty, this is coming from an agnostic who chooses in the possibility of leaning toward belief.
Gospel of Saint Matthew was better on a second watch for me, if we're talking Christ films.

It's not heretical because it never claims to be an adaptation of the gospels. But the hordes of fundamentalists screeching when the film came out couldn't wrap their minds around that.

one is made by a catholic the other is one who got kicked out of seminary

But in the garden and on the cross Jesus questions God and shows he is afraid and conflicted.
I haven't seen The Last Temptation, but from what I've heard it definitely takes a lot of "artistic liberty", and I'm not defending that. Only the idea that Jesus' humanity was never in conflict with his divinity. I feel like the conflict is a really significant part of his story. The fact that he struggles because he is human, yet overcomes the struggle because he is divine.

>catholic
>divorces

Attached: 1541710558184.gif (265x308, 1.95M)

Jesus asked God to take away his death on the cross in the Garden of Gethsemane, but chose not to act on his desire and submitted to the Father's will. The Last Temptation doesn't show him acting on a contrary will, since the entire film is literally a temptation presented to him by the Devil and not what actually happens.

>human
>sins
Yep, that's kinda how it works

They were responsible in the same way that US military are responsible for killing the enemies of the ZOG.
yes they killed Jesus, no they wouldn't have done it if the Jews didn't pressure them into it and accept the release offer to free a serial killer instead.

Man, Apocalypto is so severely underrated. It's amazing that an A-List director made a movie about an underrepresented culture starring 100% brown people and the Muh Diversity crowd greeted it with pretty much total ambivalence because that A-list director was Mel.

Not to mention that it was actually just a great movie aside from any PC bullshit. It's appalling how many people don't even know that movie exists. If you slapped some random Mexican guy's name on it as director it probably wins best picture that year.

Attached: 1516241383161.gif (240x180, 384K)

Haven’t seen Passion but think I’ll give it a watch. Same with Jesus of Nazareth. Any other bible kino you’d recommend? Can be Old Testament too.

>because that A-list director was Mel.
Because that director was anti-semite and racist Mel.

People say The Prince of Egypt is kino. I haven't seen it myself, though. Then of course there's Heston's Ten Commandments.

Prince of Egypt was good but pretty Brutal for dreamworks. Suppose it is the Bible and Gods wrath.

Prince of Egypt is really good.
Not bible but Wiseblood is a fantastic movie on religion.

Actually some people were offended by Apocalypto's treatment of their culture, I remember. He really made them as savage as possible.

>He really made them as savage as possible.
So what it was like in pre-colonial Mexico.

>mfw in the Philippines, The Last Temptation of Christ is banned but The Passion of the Christ is released with a PG rating despite all of the gore

It was banned in several majority Catholic countries with fundamentalist attitudes.

Is OP really that stupid? Seriously?

Yeah. But it didn't stop bootlegging, and what's more surprising is that The Passion of the Christ was released with a PG rating.
And they didn't have to edit anything out, it was fully uncut.

As far as I know the problem wasn't that he showed them as salvages but he didn't make an accurate historical movie. He mixed designs, clothing and ways from diverse mayan ages. It's a great movie, though not a documentary. By the way, most actors were native americans not mayans or mexican indians.

have sex

JIDF leave

>/pol/ faggots LARP as Christian inbetween their degenerate lifestyle
disgusting

Attached: gay nazi.jpg (2048x1476, 743K)

not an argument incel

OP here, I haven't seen either of them and I'm trying to decide which to watch

Watch both, both are genuinely incredible filmmaking.

Thanks, I definitely will.

Passion by far as explains

Last Temptation is Gnosticism for Pussies

This, but unironically

>anti-semite and racist

I think you mean based and redpilled

Attached: meryl streep.jpg (900x1002, 155K)

the one with david bowie

I'm going to assume that's The Last Temptation?