OH NO NO NO

>We spoke with a movie theater manager who asked for anonymity. He told us they had “exactly 25 no shows for every showing of Captain Marvel on Thursday through Saturday.”

>The manager told us this was definitely abnormal, “It’s definitely not normal. People usually show up when they pay for tickets…I’m not sure what it is, we’ve seen big groups not show up before, but they get refunds.”

>I asked whether or not these tickets were purchased in bulk, but that information isn’t available, “I’m not sure if they were bought all at once because Fandango doesn’t give us that information, but exactly 25 no shows for every show is probably statistically impossible.”

>The manager would add, “I would say it’s someone trying to make the ticket sales look better than they really were.”

>He would also indicate he saw significant drop offs in ticket sales from Sunday at his theater, “Sunday for Captain Marvel wasn’t good and Monday and Tuesday were terrible. They were like a 75% drop off from Sunday.”

boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/13/new-reports-of-empty-theaters-at-captain-marvel-add-to-movies-controversy/

Attached: 4971549E-E208-4045-B3E4-5A18AB662864.jpg (2048x1712, 590K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/blogs-china-blog-45318316
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OHHHHHHH AN INSIDER OOOOOOOHHHH

mass suicide of women when

big if true

Attached: 1510258878499.jpg (680x381, 45K)

ENOUGH from the mouse

t. outsider

if this is true, why are they doing it? why are they trying to make a movie seem better or more popular than it is? i just dont understand the logic behind it. its some weird entitlement like "we made this and the masses WILL like it!"

>I’m not sure what it is, we’ve seen big groups not show up before, but they get refunds
Yeah, but Disney blocked the refunds

Hope he likes getting fired, they make all the theatre managers in my town sign strict non-disclosure agreements.

only explanation is they were worried poor sales would reflect badly on the new character and soften the hype for the next avengers

t. Retard who reads Jezebel and Slate.

1st obvious reason: stock prices
2nd obvious reason: they must make Captain Marvel seem popular because she's gonna headline the MCU from now on like she's Iron Man

It doesn't matter anyway. What are they gonna do with the sequel? Release it right before another Avengers movie too? Just like Star Wars, it takes some time for the JUST to settle in.

OH NO NO NO NO NO
HHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: noasss.jpg (422x408, 30K)

Captain Marvel is supposed to take over as the main character of one of the most profitable film franchises of all time. Her debut movie tanking does not work for the current plan of the Mouse, as so much of their target audience are crowd-followers, and if it appears that the crowd is not interested in Captain Marvel they will in turn not be interested.

I wonder why

For the same reason the chinese do it.

Why does she get to serve herself? Just cause she's famous?

M O N E Y L A U N D E R I N G

Disney is a corporation. Disney answers and is beholden to their shareholders. Disney is a massive corporation. Disney is a well known massive corporation.

Now imagine what happens when shareholders discover you've got a heaping pile of shit on your hands that won't even sell for a few bucks. Ahhh, really makes you think about what kinds of actions a corporation like Disney might do, huh?

Protip, look up Enron.

That's an AMC btw, I can tell from the nacho brand. You don't want to know who really owns that company, I wish I never found out myself.

>its some weird entitlement like "we made this and the masses WILL like it!"

Take it directly from Kevin Feige's mouth
>And one of the highlights at my career at Marvel was introducing her at Comic-Con and having her coming out on stage and stand there with literally almost every thing else from our universe, and there she was at the forefront, and it was a great foreshadowing of not just for how audiences ARE going to embrace Brie as this character, but also for how Captain Marvel is about to take the lead and be at the forefront of the entire Cinematic Universe.

>Now imagine what happens when shareholders discover you've got a heaping pile of shit on your hands that won't even sell for a few bucks.
so they risk even more backlash by resorting to fraud and bribery? wtf am i missing here?

whom?

>>We spoke with
whatever, incel

Attached: autistic.elephant.webm (1000x1000, 1.7M)

I can't stand Brie Larson, I know she's a bitch, but the pics of her working the concession stand maker her more endearing to me even though I know it's propaganda. Help me bros

THICC

but also a donkey

It's so fucking obvious that he's banging her
Why would you put her at the forefront of all the other MCU actors and then define that she's going to lead the entire cinematic universe without even knowing if she's gonna get popular? For now Black Panther is the most popular character.

The Triad. Supposedly. Rumor has it at lea

>so they risk even more backlash by resorting to fraud and bribery? wtf am i missing here?
Believe me, you would be extremely surprised to see the actions corporations resort to in order to survive. Once you get to a point where you're the size of Disney both in value and in influence, you begin to think you're invulnerable from the SEC/IRS/FBI. They'll do whatever it takes, until it becomes too big to handle.

HOW WILL WOMEN RECOVER

Brie doesn't even look out of place behind the counter at a kinoplex. How did Hollywood sink so low?

Stay mad, Brie.

>exactly 25 in every showing
just a coincidence

Attached: Damage Control.jpg (679x528, 59K)

You seem to disregard (or be ignorant of) just how predatory the super rich (and people who desire to be super rich) really are.

Damn, I wouldn't even give this bitch a second look in a crowd

>without even knowing if she's gonna get popular
Gisnep believe (correctly) that it doesn't matter because they have such a vice-tight grip on the cultural consciousness of the west that they can make it like whatever they want it to like

It might have something to do with the Disney+Fox deal that is ongoing, them trying to pump up the stocks and show they have a future after Avengers for better terms.

I have actually seen way hotter popcorn slingers at movie theaters.

>Believe me, you would be extremely surprised to see the actions corporations resort to in order to survive.
>to survive.
Disney isnt surviving, fuckers have more money then entire nations, they dont need to survive, these fuckers are waging a wrong think war.

because they can, user

Attached: tim shrug.gif (499x315, 481K)

Captain Marvel is japanese Christmas cake
>A woman 26 years+ who is considered to be past her prime, undesirable, used goods and/or no good.

I didn't imply the term "survive" to mean they were in any danger (though they could be soon). I meant it in the general context of living and growing.

TOO MUCH FOOKIN' ASS

Attached: 1552603999405.png (1852x367, 266K)

You never read about the big businesses who make the companies look better than they are just before the CEO's are all due to retire?

>they must make Captain Marvel seem popular because she's gonna headline the MCU from now on like she's Iron Man
But if people don't like her then they still won't see her and Disney will yet again have to buy a bunch of tickets.

They don't waste a bunch of money doing so. Why the hell even make a movie if you're just going to lose a shit ton of money in the process?

>have first solo female marvel film
>actress bitchy attitude destroys the behind the scenes chemistry

Attached: 1552231112507.png (806x1213, 941K)

They do, it's literally what happened recently with Gamestop, but they failed. Similar thing happened with Toys"R"Us

>They don't waste a bunch of money doing so

Yes they do because it wont effect there earnings.

>Why the hell even make a movie if you're just going to lose a shit ton of money in the process?

They didn't realize what a stupid unlikable cunt Brie is. Regardless money is something to use and they will use it when they have much of it.

Based ENOUGH poster

Honestly. It’s like Disney is making her porform pennence for the bad PR. It’s forced and cringey

Has he never seen a woman before? He talks like brie is perfection in female form. Im glad those two autist are dating. Meant for each other.

Fpwp kys shill

Good goy

subtle kek

It's truly Endgame time.

or Brie is a sociopath like Amber and bewitched Kevin with her predatory charm.

for the last 10 years in the comics they have been pushing her. and all her solo comics have been flops that no one buys.
but still marvel keeps trying to push carol because they want her to be their superman proxy
same with the bullshit "she's the strongest hero evar!" while she has never even won a single fight against the hulk. and thor would beat her ass easy also

Attached: hulk vs miss marvel.jpg (666x956, 261K)

I thought the agreement between viewers and studios is that if you're not going to cast a hot woman then she better know how to act. Neither is true for Brie.

Attached: 1550803103657.jpg (500x689, 69K)

jeaus christ i don’t know who’s worse: you fucking capeshitters or the goddamn starfucks. maybe you’re the same people. at least i know you’ll never breed so this endless bitching can’t last forever

I just assume that she must be a godlike dicksucker.

How come all these NPC/SJWs/and feminists are completely okay with a blonde white woman being the main marvel character going forward? Isnt it kind of racist not to have black panther be front and center? Seems a tad racist disney

It's obvious to everyone involved she's doing favors for him. Brie is all about the muff atm though.

You know, with all the shit Cvivl War 2 and it's aftermath caused I'm glad they did it. It teared such a massive hole into the fanbase that nobody will take them, and Bendis specifically, no matter where he tries to hide, seriously again.

They are the same people, most of them are paid by Disney but some of them unironically do it for free. Those are the lost, sad souls you should pity, not resent. Try to help them.

That would happen if the experiment fails. If nobody will come to her second movie or another avengers with her as lead you can bet your left nut that she'l get replaced.

She has the best tits in Hollywood so that might be part of it.

Attached: 1551759571926.png (387x225, 43K)

bendis is currently working for dc and raping superman

Attached: hulk vs miss marvel3.jpg (558x846, 243K)

Feige looks more like someone put a gun to his head. And Brie knows all the right feminists. Probably some #metoo blackmail going on-

NPC/SJWs/and feminists would be cheering for mass executions with enough media conditioning

What's Miss/Captain Marvel's super powers anyway? Just general Goku levels of physical strength?

Also why does Cap Marvel look nothing like Miss Marvel from the comics - I get that you always have to cut corners and change stuff around with movie adaptions, but they look like two completely different characters who happen to be female.

Attached: 1552474471897.jpg (262x236, 19K)

I don't care about the "argument" but that was actually a super cute webm.

Attached: b0b223_6493218.png (1276x720, 374K)

Jews want to subvert western civilization with any means possible. Cultural marxism.

Because Endgame is out in like a month and any perceived weakness in the MCU will affect their bottom line on what's supposed to be their greatest achievement

they're fake m8

>I meant it in the general context of living and growing.
so you're saying that they have normal operating procedures that involve bribing and fraud?

the fuck are you smoking?
elizabeth olsen has far better tits then larson.
hell even scarjo who is fat and busted still has better tits then larson.
and best tits in hollywood at the moment would go to Alexandra dadarrio

Attached: alexandra daddario.gif (270x390, 2M)

Knowing that a good titjob gets me off faster then anything else I now believe the same for why she's being pushed like that.

>and best tits in hollywood at the moment would go to Alexandra dadarrio

Attached: second.gif (1166x875, 212K)

It's all coming out you faggot trannies

It's the sisterhood of the traveling pants, but they keep scheduling their movie outings when they're on their period and don't go

basic super strenght and limited invunerability + energy absorbtion

Attached: bitch fight.jpg (520x555, 115K)

It's more common than you think. It usually starts out through small actions here and there internally, but if left without correction it can get bigger and bigger and ethics get thrown out the window as the top suits begin dictating unethical behaviors. It's a slow rot that can grow exponential in size.

That's why auditors are a thing. They're there to check for that rot or signs of it. Disney needs to be audited at this point.

Wow. Sounds interesting and totally not bland. Why doesn't this character have millions of fans already.

Why are you arguing with what is probably a drunk boomer?

Yeah she looks average and therefore probably didn't get the job because of sex but they have to say something mean and it's as good as anything, after all "everyone knows that's how Holywood works." Except when women point it out and want to change because then everyone denies it.

larson and feige are both against miss marvel's classic leotard costume.
instead they picked the turbo dyke outfit that marvel comics has been using the the last few years. suprised that larson didn't get the dyke haircut to match it

Attached: hulk vs miss marvel2.jpg (542x828, 217K)

Brie and mostly every actor without support from the inside are all interchangeable. Hell according to dirtsheets Iger wants to reprimand Feige in a meaningful way for not reining in Brie and allowing her to shit all over the PR in the lead up to the film. Coming around after the fact that theaters are being bought up to artificially drum up numbers and making Brie pretend that she's charismatic by having her play with puppies is an obvious last ditch effort to get her to win back the demographics she scorned.

"IT'S THE BIGGEST HOTTEST BEST MOVIE IN AMERICA, EVERYONE LOVES IT, 500 MILLION DOLLARS, GO SEE IT NOW OR YOU WILL LOST FOR ENDGAME" FOMO carries the rest.

lol even their desperate attempt to use near lesbo moments with spider-woman failed.
she has had more reboot solo series within a year then many other characters because non are selling.

Attached: miss marvel daily dose.jpg (750x1133, 426K)

7 PICTURE DEAL

Attached: 1552605438657.png (278x258, 88K)

It's a classic pump and dump. Buy up your own movie tickets to make the movie seem like it's doing better. It costs money in the short term, but if it looks like a failure it would end up costing way more in the long term.

Wow, that's dumb. I mean the movie would've been trash either way but "sex sells" is a thing for a reason. Even if Brie is a disgusting woman with a mediocre body (and rotten toes), a sexualized Leotard outfit would've at least appealed to the basic needs of a good chunk of the audience (including females) and secured at least a BIT of cash flow. How long until they realize turbovirgin feminism isn't profitable in the long run?

i never understood the whole "you need to see it to understand the plot for endgame"
when this blunder of a movie is set in the 90s and has no interaction with any of the other movies.
i know it won't happen but i actually hope thor hulk or thanos puts her in her place

Attached: spidey going to space.jpg (1202x673, 164K)

I think this is as true as the earth is flat.

this, my mega corpotation loves me, and only the same kind of people that believes in flat earth (rightard white men incels) would believe in OP's lies

No wonder no one is buying this shit when it looks like this. The art style is atrocious. And the humor what grown men think little children would laugh at. Maybe try pushing out quality products when you want sales, eh, Marvel?

Annoyed incel

>Any information that contradicts my viewpoint is a syllogism for flat earth

Attached: 1552518177739.jpg (748x414, 58K)

super hero comics are dead, the peak of the entire comic gender is still the 4 panel joke, after a century of experimentation and subgenres.
thats how it is

Attached: 1521357741171.jpg (700x695, 99K)

The mouse already hiring somebody to kill that theater manager. Rip poor fella.

Something always bothered be about this kind of response. I don't think you are running statistics on on how that one person responds to different things you so you don't actually know that. your only available bit of info is that this one comment of your made him draw that comparison. Just this one.

Makes it look like the one speaking in an exaggerated tone to ridicule to counterpoint is actually you.

It's like literal Nazis talking about Godwin's Law.

>The manager would add, “I would say it’s someone trying to make the ticket sales look better than they really were.”
SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS

Attached: 1552428845043.png (1949x3002, 3.33M)

I legitimately starting to think CM will be a loss leader for Disney

Attached: average_midweek_drop_noting_to_see_here.png (145x122, 3K)

1.) To inflate sales, which inflates their stocks
2.) To launder money. All of these no-show tickets were paid with cash. The theater makes 40% of a ticket price, the movie studio makes 60%. Most money laundering pays out at 50%. So the studio makes 10% more money laundering this way vs traditional money laundering methods. And that doesn't take into account the boost to their stocks from the "record breaking" ticket "sales"

Attached: 1518230674675.jpg (337x337, 9K)

imagine being the one who told her: brie, you fucked up bad on social media for months and now youre going to serve popcorns at a movie theater to look like a fine and obedient lady, ok?

Attached: 200w_d (13).gif (200x101, 99K)

This also happend with Black Panther, but nobody belived us (And because at BP blacks really showed up for the free tickets and really turned into an "icon" for them and the black community, which is kinda pity to them)

Will be really interesting to see the 2nd weekend numbers

So wait... why did they rename Miss Marvel to "Captain" Marvel?

I guess with CM it's only because she's a new character and her powers get explained in her movie. Lnowing how braindead normalfags can be I can see how they'd be irritated by her showing up out of nowhere flying around and shooting laserbeams.

I'm sure she went full russian wow kid

so, two shots on the head or driving accident with his tesla catching on fire while locking the doors

Attached: Capture.png (775x203, 47K)

>i just dont understand the logic behind it.
because she's the new face of the MCU after endgame that already signed a contract of 6 movies

you think they will finally use marvel's Death?

Attached: thanos & death3.png (625x408, 427K)

Drawing 1:1 comparisons to whatever the heresy of the week is to flat earth is becoming endemic. Not only to diminish their sway, but to ban them from platforms. If your gonna dip your toes in that toxin just for sake of Disney shilling, then you're gonna get called for it

Attached: vijaya-gadde-joe-rogan-march-2019-1175x500.png (1175x500, 541K)

This empty theater business is interesting to look into how people and when people see movies. Are rich luxury suburb theaters getting packed?

A FUCKING DC WHITE MALE, OF COURSE

Nope. They used to be good. But the Best in hollywood? Never, nope, not even close.

Attached: 59d97a895000c.jpg (1920x800, 124K)

Me on the left

have sex

shes ugly. I dont want to watch an ugly girl

Attached: 1552017289231.png (970x1092, 1M)

how are they gonna make 6 more captain marvel movies. i'm guessing they top out at 2 and then beg RDJ to come back

she gave the name Miss marvel to a teenage superhero girl. kamala khan (who is a massive fan girl of carol)

Attached: Hulk4.jpg (1200x1858, 657K)

>they
Disney

d'awwwww

Attached: Dag.jpg (512x512, 50K)

Dont forget her autistic personality and non stop virtue signaling

If you don't watch Marvel you are sexless virgin loser

Why is Thor talking like a fucking English theatre actor?

And who's the icon for the ladies? Oh right, it's Wonder Woman, like it has been for 60 something years.

she will take over from RDJ and apear in ever other marvel movie that comes out after end game
as for badguys to fight? she barely has any in the comics. besides skrulls that she loves to torture and kill (it's not hulk, but a skrull)

Attached: carol is a sadist.jpg (1280x1980, 989K)

she's not ugly

shes not gorgeous that is for sure, she cant act, and her toes are disgusting

holy fuck this one is hilarious

Attached: finna.png (1250x1524, 443K)

after 2 decades of hiphop degeneracy, she's bringing back the flat booty
im all in

They didnt want that sjw clown to ruin momentum for end game, even precieved. They are going to make a billion in profit

They never call her either in the movie. She is refered to as Vers by the kree and Carol by everyone else. Mar-Vell is a different person in the movie that ends up being kind of her progenitor/mentor/role model/ect and the only implication that she might do anything with that name is Fury telling her he likes the sound of that name becasue it sounds like Marvel.

Maybe that's what he meant by ugliness. Maybe he isn't shallow

How do you have no shows? Do people actually get tickets for capeshit in advance?

Nah theyll come out and say they found child porn on his computer OR he voted for trump. Just watch.

Ideologues don't care about reality, they are just busy writing history any way they want it.

that's how he talks

Same shit happened with GhostJUSTers and it was a flop. People all over twitter posting how empty theaters were.

guys i was watching captain marvel and i noticed 2 guys in suits with sunglasses walking around and standing in the back

>some random twitter user

fucking off

based brotha always staying alert

Attached: 05c.png (408x414, 38K)

Backlash for forcing consumers to not demotivate on their product and keep momentum on their precieved unstoppable juggernaught? They would be in trouble for NOT doing something

fuck them in their alien ass, fucking men in black cocksuckers

Injecting CP into someone's computer is foolproof. It gets you arrested and publicly scorned for life. It's the perfect career/life killer and makes all previous deeds void. Like if you had saved kids from a burning building, now you're just some pedo who wanted to touch kids.

It's probably far simpler than that.

1. Make photo of literally any empty theater room.
2. Says it's for Marvel.
3. Profit.

probably just the FBI making sure you weren't left alone with kids in the theater

Check the mirror user because you must be fucking retarded

The showings at my area's best theater are packed for the 7-9PM slots, but it makes sense, that's when adults can actually go out and avoid the weekend crowds and ticket prices.

Based gripsposter

>numerous twitter users with lengthy profile histories

Eisner is behind all of this.

>incels when a woman says she was raped
JUST YOU SAYING IT ISNT EVIDENCE
>incels when a “theatre manager” says disney is wasting money buying tickets to their own movie
HOLY SHIT AT LAST I TRULY SEE

Attached: 29DAD8D0-46FA-4A73-B779-E57EA95D215E.png (588x508, 252K)

>im bored plz talk to me

pozzed and trannypilled

thor and hercules have Always talked like that in the comics

No no no virgy, explain why this unsubstantiated claim is better than the other

More like, it makes sense that's when adults are out of fucking work. You can watch literally any movie at 10 AM in a relatively empty theater on weekdays.

Most men have more ass than that. Sad!

God damn
I just quit the ciggies

>finna be slaw
>slick empty
wtf this is like an actual alien language. What is he trying to say? It's like the weird future slang language from The Dark Knight Returns mutants

Based and carlpilled

Attached: Sgt. William Fontaine De La Tour Dauterive.jpg (2055x1440, 340K)

>numerous twitter users
Literally nothing.

Captain Marvel is the face of the MCU after Endgame, and people think the Mouse wouldn't do this to ensure she's perceived to be well-received? That they wouldn't NEED to? Give me a fucking break. They'd be retarded not to.
Let's put it this way, as she is the face of the MCU now, if she wasn't well-received, it wouldn't make people confident in the MCU going forward. Which would hurt the Mouse.
bbc.com/news/blogs-china-blog-45318316
stocks > money loss from buying tickets

That's what I was implying, yeah. An adult 9-5er can go on a weekend, but doing it on a weeknight with the family instead can save like 50 bucks.

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute

At least make a a better one.

>incels when women say women can't advance in the film industry without doing sexual favors
LYING WHORES JUST WANT MORE MONEY THERE IS ALREADY EQUALITY REEEEE
>incels when literally any actress gets into a role they wanted another actress to get
SHE PROBABLY SUCKED DICK FOR IT REEE

Strength and invulnerability, that's really cool, haven't seen a superhero with those kind of powers before.

>How long until they realize turbovirgin feminism isn't profitable in the long run?
They should have ages ago, considering that's what's been tanking the comic division for years now. Why the fuck they're deciding to do it with the movies now is baffling.

Brie's tits are fake bolt-ons. Her chest is as flat as her ass. Mammario's tits are real and glorious.

Attached: 1531712253465.gif (323x450, 2.52M)

Disney - Fox deal is 74 billion user and it's all on stock and it's happening next week. A small 5% drop in stock price (due to panic from worse than expected performance from CM, leading to doubts for the future of the MCU) would have costed Disney 3.7 billions. Think about that. $50 - $100 million to buy ticket vs. 3.7 billions lost in stock value

>shes not gorgeous
= hollywood ugly
when you watch movies you don't want to see regular people, you want to see above average people. An irl 6/10 is the ugly character, an irl 8/10 is the average looking character, an irl 9/10 or even 10/10 is the beautiful looking character.

>paying for Fandango tickets in cash

wut?

I think people are just tired that you think you can have there assumption that the sales are incorrect be unchallenged by diverting the conversation to arguing about hypothetical about conspiracy theories.

There's a 500m income and you haven't provided any proof as to the inaccuracy of that but thankfully that's all dandy because your modus operand is hiding the first lie with a second and third lie so people are occupied with disassembling those so you can make base further statements on the first lie in the meantime until it becomes an accepted reality just to have the consistency of the conversation going.

It's like some kind of challenge for pathological liars because it doesn't actually alter the mvoie's success in any way in the end and you'll move the goalposts and just start lying about something else when it catches up to you.

How about a movie that you don't like sold 500m and that remains to be true until you prove it otherwise. And until then there is no fuhrer discussion the subject.

So wait a second, you trolls spend a couple of months claiming the movie would 100% bomb fantastically, because of "insider information" and whatnot, and now that it's already a worldwide hit... It's a conspiracy by Disney? Their employees are buying tickets in bulk all around the world? That's what you're trying to peddle? Do you really have no shame at all?
It's over, you lost. Just accept it and move on.

>How do you have no shows?

Buy the ticket online and never go watch it.

Needs Endgame poster edit

It's never about winning, it's always about being the one who knows. This is how ignorant people get their dopamine dose of being right, since they literally can't otherwise. They have to make shit up and then be right about the shit they made up. Usually helps if there's an enemy involved. Shit you make up about your enemy always feels right.

Attached: DzlvDxyXgAAR8K6.jpg large.jpg (720x709, 41K)

A flop could be harmful to the whole Marvel brand like Solo was to the Star Wars brand. Disney must keep up appearances. Rumor says they're already recasting Captain Marvel as fast as they can to ditch the Brie Larson curse.

this are the people calling you an incel

Attached: 1536800658614.jpg (423x627, 65K)

Recasting would work tremendously. Captain Marvel doesn't have to be bad, you just need someone more gorgeous and compelling playing the role.

What a blessing

Or, consider this, just pay attention to what's going on. That always seems to foil the plans of people who are trying to convince you of something untrue.

Incels just think everything is a conspiracy against them

Nothing wrong with fake tits when they're done right.

Idk. I didn’t pay attention to the drama leading up to release but I found it weird that it did so well internationally but below average (for this franchise) in the US.

Given that ppl I know IRL who are *into* these movies didn’t rush to see it or talk about it afterwards, I’m confused as to what what the appeal in other markets was.

>phase 3

With all due respect, why are you guys even watching this shit? I mean superhero movies. They're all the fucking same, it was slightly interesting in the beginning when like Iron Man or Thor came out but it got stale quickly. All the movies are generic dumb shit with generic stories, generic jokes and absolutely no real human drama.

Aren't you fucking tired of being milked like a cow by now? When is enough? It seems like it will go on forever, I don't get people.

Attached: phase 3.jpg (1910x1000, 143K)

I don't know shit about economics, but how are they paying for all of these tickets? Is there a non-disney account being used? If Disney buys thousands of tickets at every theater how can they possibly make a profit?

dat is cute

Attached: GregariousDevotedArachnid.webm (320x400, 1.08M)

Brie has no breast tissue. It would be like feeling up two basketballs.

A lot of words on my screen from a schizo. Its surreal, really, and absolutely pathetic.
I didn't lie. He asked IF it was true why would they do it. And IF it's true, I gave a possible, and logical answer as to WHY they'd do it.
Take your meds ffs

On opening weekend the studio keeps all the money. They get it all back if they buy the tickets. After opening weekend the theaters get to keep most of the money. The split favors the theater over the studio more each week after release. That's why opening weekend is most important for studios.

Not all the money for the first two weeks, but a favorable split for studios.

I haven't seen a Marvel flick since Iron Manlet 3 and even then I was sick of the MCU formula.

Attached: Iron Manlet.jpg (634x956, 284K)

>Given that ppl I know IRL who are *into* these movies didn’t rush to see it or talk about it afterwards

The "people you know IRL" argument is no way an indicator of anything, ever. Why would it be weird that the movie does well? All Marvel movies do well. This one is doing better than Ant Man or Doctor Strange. Maybe the anticipation for Endgame? Who cares.

It's not about profit, user. It's about ideologies, it's about the culture war, which is funded by people who have more money than our minds can comprehend. These are people who take a helicopter flight to another country to have lunch. Money doesn't matter to them.

why hasn't anyone made one of those pics that show her face for every emotion

I went to watch Marvel.

Online it was almost sold out. In reality half of those booked seats were empty.
The absolute best places in the middle : reserved but vacant.

Blatant money laundering.
Cash for tickets. Money returns nice and clean.
Is there nobody investigating this? Is real journalism dead?

You can feel the trepidations of goalposts being move right this moment.

Attached: all_good_ignore_the_incels.png (668x653, 50K)

>it's about the culture war

Only in the mind of you incels.
In the real world, it's just another superhero movie, and nobody cares.

to control the narrative

Anticipation for Endgame and ZERO COMPETITION. Seriously, there's nothing else big in the theaters right now maybe other than Alita and How to Train Your Dragon. Wonder Park and Captive State come out tomorrow and will both bomb because they look terrible, which means CM has another week of free reign. Next Friday Jordan Peele's Us comes out, which will do well, but still isn't a blockbuster-must see. Also Dirt and Beach Bum which are nothings, so that's a third week uncontested. Then finally Dumbo comes out and then it's just Disney versus Disney so Disney wins.

>can't see the big picture
>"nice conspiracy, bro"

Attached: 46234563476332.jpg (222x227, 7K)

The Buttless Wonder

Hardly a zoomer, probably a fatass manbeard leftist millennial.

Terrible effort. You get an F see me after class.

Attached: YOUHAVEANGEREDTHEGAZEBO.jpg (592x358, 97K)

Because of Endgame.

There's nothing to unseat it this weekend. Captive State looks fucking awful and I guess is under review embargo until tomorrow which means it's garbage. Wonder Park is only for families to get kids out of the house for 2 hours.

For the Rorz?

Attached: artistic rendering of Brie's ass.jpg (1079x799, 172K)

They're laundering money, wouldn't surprise me if that was the intention for this film from the start.

>No proof
yeah, whatever
>inb4shill
I wish. I'm just also not socially awkward nutters like you who think everything is some sort of conspiracy

OH NONONONONO

it's only a matter of time before 'real worlders' notice they're being treated like sheep with shit like numbers being inflated and get a touch worked up over it.

It's called doubling down.

>“Sunday for Captain Marvel wasn’t good and Monday and Tuesday were terrible. They were like a 75% drop off from Sunday.”

Of course there is a drop off. Normies are at work on Monday and Tuesday. Jesus I swear you idiots are fucking retarded.

Five Feet Apart looks CUTE

CM is the new face of the MCU and she is Marvel's "wonder woman". This was also their push to turn more females into capeshit paypigs "superheroes are for girls too" i.e. "girls should be paying for superhero media and toys too".

Attached: six more movies.jpg (807x303, 145K)

The only sensible motive is Marvel put too many eggs in the Captain Marvel basket. This is a tentpole film so failure would be really really bad considering how they're shoving Carol into the MCU as designated leader.

Attached: download.png (225x225, 4K)

I forgot about that one. It'll likely do okay, but it's a cheap romantic comedy that only needs to make like $20m in its entire run, including streaming and disc sales, to be considered a smashing success.

even the ass did not even

What’s weird is that it’s doing well outside the US but below average in the US compared to others in the franchise. That’s in line with the level of anticipation and discussion I saw from fans and regular people alike, which is the only reason I mentioned it. So I’m trying to figure out why it was so appealing to other markets. It’s not readily apparent IMO, seems like it caters pretty specifically to the US market. Do you have any suggestions?

I generally don't. I pretty much torrent them all just to watch them once and basically forget about it. I've only seen 4 of them in theaters, 2 of them because I was out with friends, 1 of them cause I was out on a "date", and only Infinity War which I actually did want to see. Everything else was basically forgettable schlock.

Don't give a single shit otherwise. I enjoy these threads, though, cause I love shitting on Disney.

>six movies
Holy shit, she’s going to be so rough by the end of this contract lol. Reminder Brie Larson used to look like this

Attached: 5D5F7FDB-623C-4952-85D3-BC2A8F1EC9FA.jpg (1200x630, 170K)

>A woman's prime is in her thirti-

Attached: 1509162190169.jpg (250x250, 7K)

I don't know one single person who has seen Captain Flatass, whereas I know lots of people who saw the Avengers movies multiple times opening weekend. I'm convinced that Disney paid for at least $100 million of the opening weekend numbers.

These studios put so much effort into making it seem like they're movies are well received. The irony of course is if they put that kind of effort into MAKING A GOOD movie they wouldn't have to and none of us would be here.

He means some version of "slayed" or "slew" but doesn't know how words work.

SOMETHING SNEAKY IS AFOOT!

EXACTLY 25 IS A NEW TWIST

ITS A FACT THAT THERE WERE BIG TICKET GIVEAWAYS AT COLLEGES ETC FOR OPENING WEEKEND THU-SAT

THE FUNNY PART IS LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO GOT TICKETS JUST DIDNT SHOW UP CUS THE MOVIE LOOKED SO SHITTY
AND CUS BRIE LARSON IS THE MOST UNLIKABLE SOUR PUSS IN HOLLYWOOD

IF THEY GAVE AWAY FREE TICKETS TO ENDGAME EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO GOT A TICKET WOULD BE THERE

AND EVEN WITH ALL THIS FUCKERY, LIKE LITERALLY PAYING PEOPLE TO SEE THE MOVIE, IT STILL ONLY OPENED AT #28 LMAOO

Attached: 28lmao.png (172x42, 1K)

Hope Disney has an exit clause on that contract. They bought a old cow with sour milk.

It's nice to have a movie series with nods and a little continuity. Usually you have to watch a longer running TV show for call backs and references

Don't know where you live but I see the majority of my movies on Mondays and Tuesdays. A lot of people do. No, you're not going to get a big crowd, but you're also not going to get anything close to an empty theater for a movie that just came out that weekend. To think that a 75% drop from Sunday to Monday is anything other than abnormal is just completely misguided.

its never too late to admit that /pol/ was right

Attached: 1519350659419.jpg (408x632, 32K)

thats just a baby elephant, all children share that level of autism

Are you a mouseketeer?

>the success of these things is hugely reliant on herd mentality & corralling
Fascinating.

Attached: 024328732524.jpg (500x375, 68K)

well one has big tits and a nice thiccc ass, the other is brie larson.

>must finna be...

holy shit do negroes actually talk like that?

BRUHHH
LOOK AT THIS DOOOOOOOD!

Attached: 785674784985.jpg (179x282, 8K)

this looks so lazy did they really reuse the same image 3 cells in a row and just mirror it? they also reused most of the image in 3 and 6

But you're still watching them, what the fuck do they even give to you? What do these movies leave you with?
Why is it nice? For nerd reasons completely unrelated to the movie quality? What good does having a "universe" of movies do when all those movies are bad?

I know that black people generally dislike mayonaise and thus they have decided that coleslaw is disgusting, but are black not aware that coleslaw can be made without mayonaise? vinegar coleslaw is 10x better than creamy coleslaw and I know for a fact that black people love vinegar.

how often are theater managers caught lying? haven't you girls ever read the boy who cried wolf?

Attached: 1509061404228.gif (460x259, 1.93M)

>resorting to fraud and bribery?
Well I don't think it's fraud. Corporations routinely give out a certain amount of tickets. Like stadiums reserving seats for insiders/ give-aways/ promotions, etc.
What's more telling is that this time, the people who got those tickets didn't bother to show. It was 0/25 for like 12 different showings.

optics

yup, half the screens in my local theaters are showing captain marvel. the remaining screens are showing lego movie 2 and some tyler perry bullshit also it's spring break and the movie had a ton of marketing

test

Marvel cuts corners on their artists and it shows. Everyone knows that the health of Marvel represents the health of the industry and the leader cutting corners more and more is only going to lead to more shops closing. Who wants to read boring shit with flat angles and a bunch of other lazy practices? No wonder people flock to weebshit.

HOW.

Not one squat?

No different than record company execs or talent managers going around & buying stores out of stock of particular products of theirs to boost numbers.
Old school tactics, I'd be surprised if they've been outlawed in interim.

This is all a reaction to Trump. They were surprised and now they're doing whatever they can get back back control. They don't give a shit about money. Thank God they're so fucking incompetent/

Attached: Brie Larson.png (618x448, 310K)

Easier to launder money overseas.

How does paper manga sell now? I don't see much of the weebsphere anymore.

Hollywood accounting scam

I leave for three days and come back to find this is still being talked about. I'm extremely unimpressed?

The comics industry isn't doing so good. Kickstarted indie comics are outselling all of marvel's flagship brands.

Yes. Old school tactics. Like buying up every copy of a newspaper (before the internet) to kill a story.
Or paying a bunch of "fans" to show up at an appearance. Or paid protestors, for that matter. Just depends what kind of image they want.

Oh they'll watch it and fucking LIKE IT.

Attached: CO.jpg (963x719, 147K)

I can only think they did this, if they indeed did buy the tickets, is because there was no hype for the movie at all whatsoever. It was so bad in fact that they did what they did to save the film from being an absolute bomb. I'm not sure how far ahead of the release they can track these things but I'm sure it's a good while having all the experience they do. If we see more of the same then I think it'll just confirm that they did buy the tickets without a doubt. I certainly wouldn't put it past them, this is Disney after all. They couldn't afford to kill Marvel so soon after killing Star Wars. They need their consumers to have faith in them. And we know most normies don't look into this shit as much so they had to do it.

Epstein used to go around Britain buying Beatles records out of stock to drive them up the charts.
The entertainment industry is primarily about image.

get litty

>But you're still watching them, what the fuck do they even give to you? What do these movies leave you with?
2 hours of turning my brain off after a long day?

Not soon enough
*dabs*

HAHAHA ITS SO TINY WHEN ELEPHANTS ARE USUALLY HUGE

CANT WAIT FOR DUMBO IMAX TO PUSH CAPTAIN CUNT OUT OF THEATERS

I thought she trained for the movie. They told me she was pushing 5k lbs up a hill unassisted! How can she look like that if she trained so hard?!

Remember that article that said Disney had bought up a bunch of tickets to give to girls that would benefit from seeing a female superhero? I bet eventually they ran out of takers and this is the cause of the empty theatre phenomenon

Also toy sales are down for CapM as well. I work at a fairly large Target and can say all the CapM merchandise has sold next to nothing within the past month. Even retailers knew this movie was going to flop so bad that our first "big" shipment of CapM stuff (barbie dolls, play costumes, and a few action figures) were relegated to a 3ft wide by 6ft tall endcap in toys.

What this means is that it has little shelf space and being on an endcap means it isnt immediately visible to shoppers who go down the main aisles. And then the week of the movie release we put out a center aisle display that has the Marvel Legends series figures, but even those were spread thin across the whole display to make it look full.

Little girls arent going for these products and not even our hardcore toy collectors havent even touched the merchandise. The product isnt moving and I was told by my team lead that in the next week or so we would be putting that stuff in the clearance aisles.

Nobody is going to find out they committed fraud and bribery.

absolutely fucking amazing. It's Star Wars all over again. The anal anguish is music to my ears.

Attached: 1511414934790.jpg (686x751, 54K)

My local cinema was using two of the big non-balcony screens to run some jewish film festival. One balcony screen was empty for like 5 hours just waiting to show the Fate/stay Night movie at 7pm. There's just nothing else out to occupy the screens right now, Captain Marvel is running completely uncontested. Summer Tentpole and Thanksgiving/Christmas movies will never get this level of complete screen domination.

>Disney
>Suffering consequences of any kind

Attached: hmmm.png (384x522, 319K)

Yeah this is the funny thing, if the movie had her as this murderous alcoholic I'd be on my third watching of it by now.

>massively successful franchise for males
>females larp interest to gain male interest
>bitch about representation
>corporation obliges
>males stop consuming it, females stop pretending to
>**dies**
Lesson to be learned here but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

>2 hours of turning my brain off after a long day?
Sleep? Drink? Fap? Why watch shit movies you don't even like?

Because I do those every other day. Do shitty entertainment Marvel movies come out every day? Obviously not. Jesus Christ, man. Stop being autistic.

Reminder that anyone that uses the term "incel" on Yea Forums is a redditor. They make it so easy.

Girls tend to get into things these to be closer to guys, it's a way to bond. When the guy stops showing interest, why should she continue?

She's the face of the MCU in the current mouse plan. Therefore, she can't flop because it'll damage end game and it'll damage stock price. More than likely though, she's likely going to get shunted more and more to the background in favor of Black Panther because of what a wild success it was. For the current plans though, this change is meant to happen in backdoors not out in the open. These changes will only occur once the Fantastic Four and X-Men belong to them again

This is an imperative direction because they literally sunk their only other option last summer when they killed GoTG3. They're going to have to start from scratch with basically Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, and Black Widow. They can't count on Spider-man because Venom did well so they're will be more haggling with Sony on who gets what.

So as of now, they NEED the MCU looking strong as it loses it's pillars while they construct the new one.

More than likely they're going to convert Dr. Strange 2 about the story where he helps Dr. Doom save his mothers soul, which allows them to introduce Doom (who Marvel loves to wank and who Marvel fans love to wank too) in a light that isn't tied to the Fantastic Four. I'll say they'll likely also introduce Storm in Black Panther 2, which will lead into the full development of both the Fantastic Four and X-Men. After that, Captain Marvel will likely get her next movie and it'll be sink or swim time for her to see if any of the pushing helped or not, but in a climate where if she doesn't do well, the X-Men can pick up the slack, and they can easily "SHOCK" the audience by having Rogue do what she did to Captain Marvel in the comics.

It's all the dynasty game

This. Even assuming it's true, no one is going to investigate. Once Endgame comes out, no one is going to care.

Given how they tried to blow up the trolls, it is not hard to believe they'd buy up tickets even without all the empty theaters. If every troll on RT was a single person, which they aren't, and they all didn't see the movie, which they did, you're looking at a measly 400,000K in sales at 10 bucks a ticket.

That's one thing. There's a difference between doing that & generally larping interest to get general attention from whoever. Which is in itself a different thing than corporations being idiotic & interpreting it as business opportunity.

the ass was not fat

>boundingintocomics.com
also known as
incelsbtfo.com

Attached: 1552257581980.jpg (1296x818, 398K)

I believe this shit

she has skinny legs, not hippo features like the hispanics, muslims and negroids

Attached: brie-larson-on-the-set-of-basmati-blues-in-new-york-may-2015_4.jpg (1280x1620, 280K)

awwww

I get the sense that it's one of those situations where she reminds him of some unattainable one-itis person from his past, like the popular girl in high school who he never stopped crushing on, but rejected him because he was (still is) a doormat beta loser. Now that he's a "famous hollywood director" he's using his power to finally achieve that personal trophy of his, no matter how pathetic and spineless he may be.

She likely finds him insufferable, pitiful, and clingy, but too useful to pass up.

This should come of no surprise. I'd be surprised if Captain Marvel grossed over $10 million legitimately.

It's all anecdotal of course, but my brother and mother are exactly the kind of typical pleb who get excited for super hero movies (my brother is the BBT type who buys the crappy toy captain america shield and thor hammer etc.) and I haven't heard a peep out of either of them even mentioning the movie in passing.

>A movie did so well that it caused friendless losers to spiral into full on conspiracy theory

Wow

speaking of beta losers, hows your dating going what with all the busy work avoiding psychiatrists and revealing the truth on Yea Forums

Attached: would you ever go out with an incel.gif (268x330, 1.67M)

And which threads will you be spending your time in this evening, fellow friendless loser?

>a movie did so well they had to delete all the bad reviews and report the international box office returns instead of the usual domestic

“fart”

>"I'm not seeing it till Sunday. I'm not that excited about but i know i have to see it"
>posted by "Juicy", the alleged "QueenOfTheMean"
The absolute STATE of NPCs.
They can outright identify their own hard-coded conformity programming, yet still be so unaware of their complete lack of mental stimulation/development that they keep following the programming even when they don't want to.

We truly are facing future generations of groomed NPCs chanting the motto "thinking is hard, please do it for me"

>The manager told us this was definitely abnormal
>"Its definitely not normal."
Did an eighth grader write this?

>but i know i have to see it
btw half the people on Yea Forums say the same thing

It's the Ralph Retort fag.

stop man. her body is indefensible. even if you hate thiccfags, just take one look at that slowed down walkaway webm and you'll never get hard again

>what youre left with when the teen girls leave and you are left alone again in the corner of the burger king

Attached: this kills the incel.gif (250x267, 1.71M)

Every single major hollywood production is propaganda. It has always been this way.

nice cropping. you can't really see anything here except that she doesn't have any hips

Knowing that "finna" is short for "fixing to" (antiquated southern slang, as in: "Ah'm fixin' ta make mahself a sandwich, you want one?") requires thought, experience, curiosity, research, or the transferal of knowledge from an older generation, i.e: elder, parent, or father-figure.

So of course uneducated blacks just use the word in redundant and inefficient ways, they don't know what it means other than the typical NPC logic of: "black people say it so I have to say it because I'm black and saying it is what black people do"

>mommy look at me im special and not an npc

i go out on weekends not thursday nights

Hmm... that's two little bite-sized...

All films are produced to launder money, even good ones.

And think people are paid to make this

Retarded comparison

>women feign interest in male hobbies to get closer to guys
>admirable and touching
>men feign interest in female hobbies to get closer to girls
>disgusting and predatory

t. incel

they know the movie is bad and Brie is a cunt
so before the next movie they just remake Brie into being less of a huge bitch (get her off social media) and make a good movie instead.
Thor had 2 bad movies and people liked the 3rd one and that was popular (i didnt see it because it looked obnoxious)
You can't REALLY fix a bad movie after its shot but you can hope for it to be better next time...audiences are pretty forgiving in these cases
(ex: people didnt like JL but aquaman made over a billion and most people enjoyed it)

t. incel

What an entitled piece of shit, bothering the other animals just because his mom is big.

Women don't have hobbies, which is what you orbiters don't seem to understand. You're picking up female traits which make you look gay at best, hence the rejection.

>bolt-on tits
>no ass
>big feet
>face identical to Joseph Gordon Levitt
She was born a guy, wasn't she?

>Um, like you could do better! Were's your girlfriend, incel, huh? Huh?
Sorry, did I hit a little too close to home for you? I currently have a girlfriend of 3 years, and things are looking good, considering how many I went through to find one who's good for me and vice-versa. How's being a pandering doormat working out for you? Getting close to wizard status yet?
inb4 "lol trolled! I was just pretending to be retarded!"

incels BTFO!

That was 10 years ago bro.

I'd rather feel up a basketball player than Bree.

forever alone!

>tits somewhere between A and B cup
>ass confirmed for having a crack, still no different from average male ass/hips
>IN HER PRIME
Yeah wow you sure showed us

bye homo Fatty!

>homophobic slurs
git ye gone, bigot

t. ass-mad virgin