How do we know that Emperor Palpatine was not the good guy in Star Wars?

How do we know that Emperor Palpatine was not the good guy in Star Wars?

Attached: 1538495388470.jpg (1529x1200, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZrEco_srv7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

in the old EU he was evil as fuck but had an overarching goal beyond just amassing power. he knew the jedi were weak and the galaxy needed to be united to fight off the eventual yuuzan vong invasion.

He did nothing wrong. Believe in Sheev.

Attached: Sheev (3).jpg (1451x816, 180K)

He was too based and redpilled, and he kept getting away with it.

Attached: E38A615C-1EBF-4057-9A8C-E4567558750E.gif (500x213, 1013K)

This

Digits of ultimate immutable truth

Attached: 1543551503807.png (540x2070, 291K)

>1488
ebic

nice digits

based (and redpilled)

1488 digits of truth

I really wish Lucas had got round to 'tard wrangling the EU like he planned

Attached: 1418741585016.png (1064x753, 728K)

>bureaucratic senate that gets nothing done
>republic literally led by celibate space monks
>palpatine brings law and order to the galaxy

palpatine was the good guy

>1488

Based HeilSheevpilled

youtu.be/ZrEco_srv7E

Attached: Palpatine Rally.jpg (480x360, 22K)

literally name one thing he did wrong

He only killed Mace/the other Jedi because they threatened him. If I try to kill an international leader I would be killed too

He killed a bunch of jedi that didn't threaten him.

The movie makes it clear Jedi's were not getting the job done. Plus once they were gone basically nobody talked about them or wanted them back. So I'm guess the jedi police force must have really sucked ass bros.

i mean, he did charge them
although they ignited their lightsabers first, sheev started the actual fight

Did he know about the Yuuzang Vong during the clone wars time? I seem to remember it being that he discovered them after becoming emperor but its been at long time since i read the EU stuff

After the prequels, I don't get how anyone could think the Jedi were the good guys.

Redpilled af

They were coming there to execute him. He was defending himself.

they originally were just going to arrest him, after sheev killed the other 3 jedi he decided to try and execute him

*mace decided

>shrewd politician
>see's the government is being controlled by exclusive religious sect that claims esoteric knowledge (which they refuse to share) gives them divine right to rule
>See's how out of touch and isolated in luxuries of the capital the ruling religious council had become
>see's the lawlessness running rampant in the outer rim due to no formalized military or police force
>See's how vulnerable to extra galactic attack and complacent the galaxy has become under jedi theocratic rule
>See's how slavery and criminal enterprise runs rampant under the seemingly uncaring jedi
>People becoming disturbed by the Jedi response of mass murder against protesting trade unions
>palpatine sees he must act
>establishes a formal galactic military
>Successfully implements a coup agaisnt the ruling religious zelots who seemingly had no supporters willing to come out for them
>Successfully unites the fractured galaxy into a unified empire
>creates galactic defense programs rather than planetary defense programs
>Within 20 years seemingly untoild millions have joined the new galactic military
>Law and order deployed to far off worlds like tatoine for the first time in generations
>Jedi becomes a slur word
Yeah, im thinking he was the good guy

We unironically know that he was, though.

Are normies ready for the redpill of a Sith protagonist film? I heard they were making a Darth Bane miniseries, but could a film about a Sith Lord succeed?

>turned the prequels into the originals
Pretty based if you ask me.

we need REVAN: A STAR WARS STORY

Attached: revan.jpg (1920x3200, 436K)

>1488
So you're saying... he (and his storm troopers) did nothing wrong?

It depends on the point of view really. He is considered evil because in our western world dictatorship is considered evil.

I like the idea that he was prepping the Galaxy for the Vong invasion.

War usually brings about massive leaps forward in technology and weaponry, look at WW2 from start to finish and things like tank technology, radar and the A-bomb.

It’s evident in Star Wars as well. We go from giant sluggish donut capital ships to sleek as fuck death triangles. Droids go from spastic to IG-88 murder machines. And then there’s the Death Star, which properly reinforced would have likely torn the Vong a new asshole.

>see's
how do you do that five times

Attached: 3jd7eq7ch90z.jpg (750x1059, 139K)

THEY'RE NATIONALIZING THE COMMERCE IN THE CENTRAL SYSTEMS

>so it’s treason then
The sentence for treason is death