Okay, so I’m not one of those dipshits who unironically thought this would flop...

Okay, so I’m not one of those dipshits who unironically thought this would flop, but why the hell is it actually breaking the box office? I encountered legit word of mouth praise from normies for Black Panther, but I have yet to meet a single person who was raving about this movie.

Attached: 5F7F4A6C-1754-4A98-9DE1-1FE98C628E4D.jpg (2560x2048, 1.03M)

Because people take their kids to see superhero shit because it gives them something to do? Its not that surprising.

the Marvel brand is at its peak after the success of Infinity War
that's literally all there is to it

Get
Laid
Virgin.

It's not really, it's a marvel film and it's doing okay. You are tricked by the worldwide opening, most movies stagger their openings around the world, CM opened everywhere at once so they frontloaded all their profits. Also remember they get less of a take from their foreign take, especially from china.

Box office numbers are fake
Critic scores and reviews are fake
Award shows are fake
It's all part of a marketing campaign

Don't obsess over this shit and just enjoy the movies for what they are, because you can only trust yourself

Attached: 1552100403302.jpg (960x932, 64K)

The reason this flick is even doing okay, is because it is the connection to end game. End game is going to make more money than god and captain marvel not reaching a billion yet is really telling.

the opening was bigger than Black Panther's opening counting every country opening though

If that was the only answer, Ant-Man & the Wasp would have performed similarly.

>Not reaching a billion yet
The fastest film to a billion was Infinity War at 11 days. It hasn't even been a week. Thursday previews don't count for all recordings, so since last Friday.

You retards have no sense of scale or understanding of the box office.

*sucks on the mouse's cock"

Dabs on your wrong predictions

Attached: image.jpg (1080x2314, 323K)

Go dilate.

Disney comes here to generate hate amongst the low IQ to generate buzz

It's gotten to the point that you can't ask legitimate questions without you retards showing up.

The marketing push for CM was harder, and they released it early in the year when it didn't have any blockbuster competition. This idiot board thinks the general public actually cares about things like culture war when all they really care about is branding and marketing.

Money laundering

>less of a take from their foreign take
>european cinema chains attempted to protest against giving 50-60% to mouse during first week and got cucked by viewers and sold out governments
But China is pretty shitty place to make money, yeh, you get only 25% money back (or only 15% in cases like Venom or Aquachad since they reserved to giving up 10% more for tencent to promote it)

Useful contribution

>This idiot board thinks the general public actually cares about things like culture war when all they really care about is branding and marketing.
it's not about some culture war, it's about the fact that this movie looked like absolute trash from the trailers, and is getting mediocre word of mouth

not only that, but most theaters are half empty or almost empty, but the numbers are reflecting sellouts. It doesn't add up.

I did, with your mom last night.

No.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (873x491, 44K)

>it's not about some culture war, it's about the fact that this movie looked like absolute trash from the trailers, and is getting mediocre word of mouth
Yeah it's surprising, I haven't heard a single person irl say anything good about it

>is because it is the connection to end game
it has absolutely no connection to endgame. The only connection comes in the end credit scene and it's some lazy ass shit that's more than likely going to be in Endgame anyway.

He was referencing true opening you retard.Beliving people taking photos before the previews start, or thinking online screens matter when most people walk up, because fuck online booking fees.

it's the next marvel movie, riding the hype buildup to avengers similar to black panther, though I don't think it'll hit those numbers, not sure if it's got legs yet, should comfortably hit guardians/ragnarok figures with the massive opening though even if it drops off hard.

Disney bought tickets to control the narrative.

>Beliving people taking photos before the previews start
most people are in their seats before the previews start.

Same. I know a bunch of people who liked BP, no one has even seen this movie.

>origin story for the guy who put together the Avengers
>no connection to Avengers Endgame
cool

Ghost screenings
Box office mojo displays numbers that don't even add up.

You must have never been a movie that has just came out in your fucking life because those seats are packed before the previews you fucking retard

Based and redpilled

Attached: 1552003909257.png (225x225, 20K)

>Ant-Man 2

Good bye NIGGER

Attached: 0b38c5869345db287137769cce59c78c.png (709x594, 571K)

I have yet to talk to someone who has seen it
Even my marvel fanboy friend didn't know it was out yet

Same principle as Black Panther, except there are more women than black people in America.

Nah, I'm gonna go jerk off now. Sex is a meme

It’s not breaking the box office though, it’s doing moderately well because of the hype, being sandwiched between the big avengers films and typical Disney trickery with tickets.

That doesn't explain all of it.

The low iq are the ones supporting mediocrity darling.

"Why you should care about the Alt-right trolls attacking Captain Marvel"

Ain't that the truth.
I liked Solo and hated Rogue One with a passion. Fuck everyone else calling Rogue One "good"

Attached: 1528470319650.jpg (1000x863, 250K)

Most normies I spoke too said they only saw it because it was a Marvel movie and apparently she was really important for Endgame.

I heard Some went to see if theres anything important in it for endgame. Like they couldnt fucking read it on the net in 2 minutes. Only reason really

/POL/RATS IN FULL COPE MODE

This was so much better than black panther. Black panther was boring desu.

>tfw people call you virgin but you got raped as a child so you aren't even a virgin

Attached: 1547870984205.jpg (225x225, 8K)

It's not
my turbo normalfag friend said it was just okay, usually he froths at the mouth
it's also doing bad here compared to other Marbel mobies

It's like barneyfag but worse

Well at least we know Marbel is buying tickets en masse through various means. That comforts me, it's sad how they're spinning this story. Fuck making good movies, let's make shit and shill it because we control the media!

Cpt Marv: 4/10 boring but a few OK action scenes.
Black Panth: 5/10 mediocre but a few OK action scenes ... BUT with better acting on average than CM

>few OK action scenes
BP had at least some tension when T'Chad got beaten on the rite for example.

It’s because Marvel is sowed enough goodwill with their movies that people are gonna support a new movie regardless of the quality. Add in the culture war and the fact that it was heavily pushed because it’s the first whaman solo movie+End Game appetizer and you get a hit.

Reminder premiere in China was on an International Women's Day that's also a holiday for women there which alone secured 80-100 mil $.

Ant Man was not referenced in Infinity War at all.

Captain Marvel was literally referred to as the next chapter of the Infinity War story at the end of the movie. Obviously anyone who saw and liked Infinity War (a lot of people) were going to want to see what Captain Marvel is about.

International Women's Day is not a holiday in China where they get the day off. It's just like Valentines Day here.

>YouTube changes algorithm
>RT redesign
>RT stops accepting reviews below threshold
>Metacritic drops user scores
>"Journalists" in a tizzy
>Twitter in a tizzy
>Half empty theaters
>Ghost audiences
>insanely low critic and user scores (the ones they let be posted)
>Hollywood accounting
>Prelude to the biggest soi-movie ever

Fuck I'd hate to see us win.
>It’s because Marvel is sowed enough goodwill with their movies
Found the got wanting to be a chosen

Attached: original_result (35).png (512x512, 476K)

Nah it's pretty shit
even lebbitfags said it was okay, no one's gonna call it a pile of shit due to fear of downboats
plus a lot of kike reviewers called it shit

Whats with this bad acting meme? The acting was fine. Captain marvel had a better message, better soundtrack, and better characters. The only remotely interesting character in BP is shuri, everyone else is stiff af

>The only remotely interesting character in BP is shuri
Someone needs to retroactively reprogram your synapses my dude.

>Same principle as Black Panther, except there are more women than black people in America.
The problem is that polling indicates that the audience is only 38% female. It's dudes, user. Wonder Woman was 67% female. It turns out women generally prefer the fantasy of being a sexy woman in a skirt kicking ass.

>RT stops accepting reviews below threshold
And yet still accepts empty/copypasta 10/10 reviews. Weird man. Weird.

Clearly people just want young girls to go see movies with strong females for free.

Attached: 36271006_1548906158287271_r.jpg (672x447, 108K)

Everyone in BP was boring though
>Prince becomes king = act regal
>bad guy was abandoned by the royal family = act vindictive
>everyone else = act irrelevant
Shuri was smart, but also comedic relief. The mountain guys were cool too. That's it.

In captain Marvel, Carol had funny moments. Fury had funny moments. The skrull were well rounded characters. The kree were well rounded bad guys. Good action scenes. The characters in CM were much more interesting.

>The characters in CM were much more interesting.
100% but Shuri was literally "Le Quippy Whiz Kid" trope number 234235.

>the future has always been female
how does propaganda like this go unchecked

I liked Rogue One and hated Solo with a passion. Fuck everyone else calling Solo "good"

Attached: vanity-fair-star-wars-the-force-awakens-large c.jpg (221x335, 33K)

Ba
se
d

How much kool-aid are they drinking out there to think this is a worthy and needed charity?

Obama legalized government propaganda

The Mouse is good.
The Mouse is great.
We surrender out will as of this date.

Attached: disney try and stop us simpsons 1552018020947.jpg (318x353, 39K)

*Throws millions of dollars*
Shut and dance Harrison

>encountered legit word of mouth praise from normies for Black Panther
This is where you made your mistake, you fucking shill.

Quiet, nerd.

Attached: harrison ford destroyer of dreams.jpg (512x463, 53K)

>smaller opening then BvS did domestically in comparison
>71.7% drop on Monday

Who's a good Han Solo? You are!
Awwww yes here you can do another Indie film sure I enjoy those.
OH and you made BR2049 so thanks for refilling that role for me.
Hope you don't mind me calling you Han when I see you on the street :)

1) Marvel fanboys
2) Global release all at the same time
3) No real competition

>message
I think you came to the wrong website

would you?

Attached: brie-larson-on-the-set-of-captain-marvel-in-los-angeles-03-19-2018-14.jpg (1200x1803, 227K)

did anyone else notice how she ran like a girl? Embarrassing.

Without a question...
she can keep the boots on tho

The only things that bothered me in Captain Marvel were the anachronisms.

Carol playing Street Fighter 2 in 89
Come as you are by Nirvana playing in her head while she's inside supreme intelligence
That late 90's hole song playing over the credits
And so on.

not with a stolen dick

The more tricky question: would you rather left or right?

Attached: 1548601640344.jpg (509x501, 30K)

Does she also have Tom's dick?

If so then 10000000% left.

Nothing else at all bothered you?
wew

I met several normies who thought the movie is great. What exactly do they like about it?

whats infinity war

its a good flick

If Female validation is this important in your life, you’re wasting a lot of your time

Disney bought out tickets.

Attached: 72A626F5-C1F4-420D-8BB2-40F0DF623A07.png (1440x2880, 701K)

its already made 120 million in china

fake and gay, but not morbidly obese like user