Hidden gem tv

What are some recent hidden gem tv shows that no one talks about, yet is kino as fuck?

Attached: abigail (2).jpg (600x800, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5dg-VQo6IUU
youtu.be/rCW4ABqn67s
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"the americans" consistent/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I heard game of thrones its pretty good

Bosch
Patriot

How recent? Continuum was decent. My favorite show nobody talks about is Leverage but that's older than some of the posters here by now.

Flowers.

Supergirl season 4 (season 1 to 3 is cringe badly written SJW shit, but S4 is fucking great and the writing is really good and complex)
Killing Eve was good. I'm looking forward to season 2. Assassin/spy shit done right.
The Terror was good overall. Great begining, but it got worst as it went along. It never got bad though.
The Sinner is okay, but it's mostly because of Bill Pullman. That reminds me I need to rewatch The Zero Effect. It's the best modern Sherlock adaptation.
Stan Against Evil is great. Bonus points for Jeffrey Combs.
Cobra Kai. Nuff said.

Not enough people have watched Farscape.

Northern Exposure

Attached: no.jpg (330x330, 34K)

Kingdom

Korean zombie kino

Bloodline
Quarry

Berlin Station
Mr Mercedes

Trust me I know what I'm doing.

youtube.com/watch?v=5dg-VQo6IUU

Attached: sledge-hammer.jpg (283x375, 22K)

Hannibal actually. God I wish we could've had a season 4.

tripped

Attached: 1449236660-bf233ee8aa3ccb2eb47cd2fdc4cac451-600x425.jpg (600x425, 64K)

Dark

Amazon would have done one but Fuller said fuck it

ran out of steam eventually

Attached: dead-like-me-5350284570344.jpg (1000x1426, 304K)

>Bosch
So much this.

I liked this a lot early on but even by mid/late s2 it felt like it was running out of ideas

True Detective Season 1
Breaking Bad
Gordon Ramsays Kitchen Holocausts

Jack Irish, arguably the greatest show of the decade

Attached: 81D1d6T1OTL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 32K)

person of interest is criminally underrated

Reaper

I watched some of it, but couldn't get away from that generic network tv procedural feel it has plastered all over it.

Is this the Brian Fuller thread?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (720x576, 228K)

travellers is a very good sci fi show

How long until it gets good? The first episode was a little hard to finish

Attached: dark.jpg (600x900, 208K)

You can skip up to root but some of the action sequences are really well done, for a network show, plus backstory which ties into the overarching story.

but isnt bosch the usual hardassveterancop doing crime meme?

Ruined by the last 2 episodes

Absentia on Amazon Prime. It stars the chick from Castle.

>Person of Interest

You have to power through the weaker 'case of the week' episodes to get to the absolute god tier lore episodes.

Travelers (Netflix)
Bosch (Prime)

Umbrella Academy is slow as fuuuuuuuck the first half of the season but really turns it around in the second half.

Goliath

Can I just skip all the case of the week eps?

You need to watch Absentia on Prime. Its fucking criminal nobody knows about it.

Endeavour

There's too many to keep track of and some of the boring looking case of the week episodes sneakily turn into awesome lore episodes.

Sure Matt, I will download your series right now.

I never gave two fucks about Formula One but for some reason both Netflix and Prime have brand new Hard Knocks style series out right now about Formula One and they kind of tie into each other. Somehow they have managed to put some really goid storylines in them.

I would watch the Prime one first since it takes place before the Netflix one and shit happens in the Prime one that kind of ties into the Netflix one.

Seconding this. Easily the best zombie story I have ever seen.

Ruined by the writers not having anything to back up the dark tone and mystery boxes, other than a generic time travel story desu, families. The post apoc tweest was just the predictably desperate cliffhanger to extend the story out some more.

Barry. One od the best shows I've ever watched.

>Barry

That stupi commercial keep poping up on my Youtube and it has made me hate it even though I've never seen it.

No Activity.

Funny as fuck even though nothing happens in it and 90% of the show is two guys sitting in a car. It has some A-list gust stars like Will Farrel and Saul Goodman in it though.

derry girls. its like inbetweeners with roasties.

Attached: 7354f462-d589-421d-950b-5d6e75692036.jpg (1920x1080, 770K)

Attached: norsemen-large-poster-1-950.jpg (950x534, 328K)

Attached: 81tNz-nLsjL._RI_.jpg (1600x1200, 432K)

Some Bong series from 2011 that I've watched over the past few days.

The Shadow line
Exile
Case Sensitive

Also, Show me a Hero and a Danish miniseries called 1864.

The only thing I remember from this is he would talk to his gun.

F is for Family.

Literally one to one re-creation of my Boomer childhood.

Justified.

Most underrated show in the last 10 years. Best diagloue on a TV show. Best villains. Best cowboy. Best threats made by hero. Hot ass southern women. Cool hat.

Came to say this. Could've been longer, though.

It looked generic Burn Notice tier.

>Bosch
Hmmm...just checked the cast...looks promising I'll check it out

Attached: 41675035_718129358533159_5120833661182643417_n.jpg (1080x1350, 91K)

The comfiest show

Occupied.

HNorwegian highest tier political kino. It even has a real ending.

Dont let the generic cop show skin fool you. Bosh is tv kino of the highest order.

extreme comfy tv.

Other stuff:
Rubicon
The Shadow Line
Rescue Me
Pushing Daisies
Reaper
Jericho
Luther
and er, Veronica Mars

Attached: rubicon.jpg (1600x1067, 135K)

Terrace House

I'll check it out

Attached: 42395906.jpg (1080x1348, 263K)

First season is completely different from the rest.

By the second season it stops being so episodic and becomes more serialized and devotes a lot of attention to the bad guys.

>Bosch

Each season gets better and better and the daughter gets hotter and hotter to the point where this last season its just fucking wrong.

This is kino as fuck and noone talks about it

Attached: 05fb[1].png (1200x800, 1.64M)

Is there even something as good as stuff like I, Claudius or War and Peace? All the stuff in this thread sounds like shit, I haven't watched a modern show exept for W&P that wasn't absolute trash.

>Altered Carbon

I hope you are memeing

die redditor

You sound like a massive faggot boring pseudo.

You sound like a massive shiteater with no standards.

Still no argument.

Lethal Weapon

Z nation is probably my favorite current ongoing show. Just an enjoyable show that really doesn't make you think. Funny and interesting takes on the zombie genre each episode. Even when politics are shoved in as jokes everything boils down to shoot first and move on.

Attached: zn.gif (400x225, 3M)

There was a show called Brotherhood on Showtime about two Irish brothers in Boston. One was a borderline crooked politician and his brother was a monster. Really good show that ended way too soon.

The Knick was a somewhat pedestrian drama that still managed to be better than 90% of the shows on television. Probably too dull for the ADD riddled masses, but there's worse ways to spend a few days than marathoning Clive Owen as a brilliant surgeon who just happens to be a severe drug addict.

Not really 'hidden', but anyone who hasn't seen Boardwalk Empire or The Shield should do themselves a favor and watch them immediately. The latter is a borderline top 10 of all time show, and the former is top 3 ( and maybe #1 if it had ended after three seasons.

Occupied was recommended in this thread. It is better than anything your pseudo ass has seen.

It's subtitled but the priduction is A+ tier. It's about how Norway one day decides to stop exporying oil so Russia moves in and takes over the country Ukraine style and how the Prime Minister starts out as a massive beta faggot like you but over time turns into fucking Machiavelli.

Brevik is an evil freedom fighter and the main hero guy is a massive fucking sellout fighting for the Russians.

I meant 'mobster' not monster. There's hardly any Brotherhood clips on Jewtube, but here is a random one that sets everything up.

youtu.be/rCW4ABqn67s

One day.

Attached: abigail.webm (1920x1080, 1.92M)

Would you eat her?

Sounds retarded and delusional wishful thinking written by some frustrated beta. How is that supposed to be better than Tolstoy, the best literature has to offer?
This is exactly what's wrong with shows, they all revolve around some contrived plot and twist instead of focusing on the characters and the real human drama.

Baby

imdb.com/title/tt7645192

Attached: 21985038.jpg (1080x767, 152K)

Scape at Dannemora is very kino.

it was very inpactful for me because i had no idea it was based on real events, and later i read the report of what happened and was fucking amazed at how faithful the show had managed to be.

I'd eat her pusy

Kacy Rohl was so erotic in this

TERROR

shes an SJW now

She has dyke parents... of course she's one.

Has she been lewd in any other shows?

Attached: 338946-1.jpg (680x1000, 114K)

>Cancelled at the height of it's popularity because lol broom sweep new direction

cunts

Attached: 342x192_Ideal_Series_5_Titlecard.png (342x192, 105K)

Only got two season but it was comedy feels.

Attached: party-down-are-we-having-fun-yet.gif (500x260, 497K)

>Rubicon

The thinking man's Homeland.

F

Stripper pole scene in Meet The Engels

>The Lost Room
>Fortitude
>Ripper Street

Attached: kakapo.jpg (600x516, 42K)

Ben Wyatt?

What's this girls second na,me

Twin Peaks S3. DOESNT GET MORE KINO THAN THIS.

Attached: muh_dick.webm (1280x720, 1.63M)

unironically this.

rachel laferve?

mr robo

Attached: the sinner intro ns.webm (640x360, 1.09M)

on a big fucking tv station? hidden?

Picket Fences

Attached: sa.jpg (259x194, 10K)

Watch The Inside with Rachel Nichols. Great little crime show

Counterpart

The Knick though not recent.

Also The Sinner

Not recent but nobody ever talks about Millennium, the X-Files' sister show that ran for three seasons. Really ahead of its time. A lot darker and thematically more complex than its progenitor

Attached: millenniumshowbanner.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

No, Elena Satine

This was really good
A shame it was so short, but it makes for a really tight story
Qt assassin didnt get enough screen, or a proper ending iirc

And it's counterpart.

>current ongoing
user...

Attached: 51HpMlztHEL.jpg (500x500, 46K)

Ash vs Evil dead

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"the americans" consistent/

"the americans is probably the most solid series ive watched. there aren't any filler episodes and the quality is consistent throughout"

"The Americans is probably the most consistent TV show on today. It actually get better as time goes on, which is pretty rare."

"the americans is a solid show, that's what i like about it. very consistent. it's nothing amazing though. the main problem with it is it has really weak season finales, it never feels....complete"

"the first season of the americans is the worst season, it gets much better after that. it's also pretty much the most consistent show i've ever watched, there isn't a single filler episode."

"Watch the Americans, it’s a better drama show than BB, also much more consistent. Season 5 was pretty shite though."

"the americans is still good
it's actually been a very consistent show, considering it's in it's 4th season now that's saying something."

Attached: 1542194634107.jpg (485x679, 69K)

Thanks user, I'll check it out.

Anime

The magicians

Attached: iRz3ebN.jpg (369x568, 19K)

only because based purefoy

she game me the blue eyed brunette fetish

Attached: nup1704120031jpg-c74ed3_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

dont you remember sledgehammer always shot the gun right out of the bad guys hands? he never missed.

she cant act for shit

She has enormous qualifications what are you on about?

Doesn't matter if she has qualifications if she can't show their full potential.

Boston legal
James spader and William shatner are unironically the best duo you can find.