If I saw him today, I don’t think he’d even remember who I was. He is like a little hermit. He would come in and...

>if I saw him today, I don’t think he’d even remember who I was. He is like a little hermit. He would come in and, I guess, be in hair and makeup. We would wait. I’d be there at the crack of dawn, waiting. We would all be waiting for Mike Myers to come.

>He had his handlers dress his trailer, and his area was all covered with tenting because he didn’t want anybody seeing him. It was so weird. It was just the worst. It was like I was there forever, and my daughter was 2 and a half and I felt like I was missing her first everything. I was miserable. I just thought it was really rude for him to not take all of us into consideration.

>And the director [Bo Welch] was really lovely, but it was his first time directing, and he deferred to Mike so much. Mike would do a take, and then he’d go over and look at the monitors, and then he’d talk to the director and then we’d do another take.

>It was just a horrible, nightmarish experience. I don’t think he got to know anybody. He’d just be with his people and walk away. People would come and then he’d stand there. There was a guy who held his chocolates in a little Tupperware. Whenever he needed chocolate, he’d come running over and give him a chocolate. That’s what divas are like, I guess. Or people who need therapy.

Attached: 32425.jpg (783x714, 50K)

So Myers had to sit for hours getting put into elaborate prosthetics and this person is upset because meanwhile they got to sit around getting paid for doing nothing?

Sounds based to me, it's work not a friendship meetup

living the dream

We could fill this thread with stories about Myers. He's interesting because he's not really a bad persona s far as I can tell, he's just an insane level perfectionist. I don't think he has any friends in the industry though, everyone that works with him ends up hating him.

Fuck them, he's at most kino when working with himself in multiple roles

Attached: 1484771873079.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Absolutely Cat in Hatpilled

His actions were understandable when you take into consideration was he was contractually obligate to do this film or something like that so he probably wasn't too happy about the whole thing. It still sucks for the makeup department being treated like that but there isn't much you can do about it. People in Hollywood can be really weird about things. Someone I know worked on a Michael Bay movie and he is apparently incredibly hard to work with, being told to not look him in the eyes ever. I still love the movie because there is nothing else like it and Myers is a genius and incredibly talented. Wish he would do more things, but at least he started acting again.

Based. Should have stayed in

Attached: 1551813790843.jpg (637x854, 67K)

>He's at a best when working with himself in multiple roles
Yes, exactly, and why do you think that is the case?

>He’d just be with his people and walk away. People would come and then he’d stand there.
how is this a criticism?

>It still sucks for the makeup department being treated like
Being treated like what? I think you need to reread the OP. The person complaining isn't from the make up department, they're just upset because they had to wait too long for Myers to get his make up done.

I'm contractually obliged to my shitty job for far less money and far less satisfaction, I don't go around being a fucking dick to everyone though

>Being upset at the lack of chummy camaraderie between this person and notoriously difficult Mike Myers.
Why is this person the least bit surprised?

>waaah i had a kid and i am WORKING, i should blame employers because of my depression!

baka

>if I saw him today, I don’t think he’d even remember who I was
why fucking would he? Some nobody who played a bit character in a movie he was in 16 years ago? Get your shit together Amy

Shep Gordon (who's the subject of Myers' film Supermensch) talked about how driven Myers is:

>Tim Ferriss: I’ve heard – and I want you to correct me here – but that it took something like 10 to 12 years for Mike Myers to get you to agree to do the documentary. Maybe you can give me some color there. But the follow-up to that is going to be, why a book? Why do a book?

>Shep Gordon: Yeah, I’ve always cautioned my clients when I started working with them that if I do my job perfectly, I have a good chance at killing them because I will make them so famous that they can’t survive. So I’ve always had a very corrupted view of fame. I realize that’s what I do for a living and I’m good at it and it can provide great stuff for people. But they have to be prepared that they are going to take a fall and hopefully get up from that fall. So the last thing I really wanted to do was test myself.

>Why would I really want to – it didn’t make any – documentaries aren’t financial. I didn’t view it as being of service to anybody or anything except my ego, and I didn’t want to have to deal with fame. I just didn’t want to have to flirt with it. I saw too many people I love fall victim to it. So I said no and laughed. Then I had a near-death experience and didn’t know it, luckily. It was beautiful. I woke up in a hospital room very drugged out and by the second day, realizing I was very alone and my life was fairly isolated. I was in a hospital room; I’d just almost died, feeling very high and I think starting to feel really sorry for myself.

>Which is unusual for me because I’m usually feeling how lucky I am. Right in the middle of that, Mike called. “Hey, Shep. How you doing?” I said, “You know, I’m really doing miserable. It’s one of the few times in my life I can’t find a footing. I’m like sort of/kind of lost a little bit.” He said, “Well, how about doing the movie now?”

Attached: supermensch-the-legend-of-shep-gordon-movie-poster-md.jpg (297x440, 63K)

>Shep Gordon: Now we have a really dramatic moment to go to. I think my ego probably said, because I was feeling sorry for myself, I said, “Yeah, yeah, maybe that’s a good way to come out of this thing. If I live, let’s do the movie.” So I got well, got some good help from my friends. Maybe a month later, I remembered that I had told him we would do the movie, so I called him up. “Hey, Mike. How you doing?” “Great.” I said, “You know, did we have a conversation when I was in the hospital and I said do the movie?” He said, “Yeah, you said go ahead and do it. I staffed up. I’ve got six people I’m working with.”

>Okay. And I really assumed that like my cousin in San Diego would see it. Or that he would abandon the project. It was hard for me to think of it as real. I knew Mike socially. I didn’t know him professionally except enjoying his talent.

>I didn’t realize how driven he was. He spent the next year of his life, seven days a week, 24 hours a day on this thing. I did nothing. But I remember about 11 months into it, I got to New York and he invited me up for a cup of coffee and to say hello. I went up and I walked into his apartment and it was like walking into CSI. It was pictures of me, every [inaudible] of my life, all over every wall. You know how CSI they have the criminals?

>Tim Ferriss: Yeah, right, right.

>Shep Gordon: The movie came out and at first I was really embarrassed. Especially with the name. I couldn’t look anybody in the eye. They’d say, “Oh, I hear you got a movie. What’s it called?” And I would feel my eyes go down to the floor when I would say Supermensch. I could not look anyone in the eye. The film company asked me to come out for a screening somewhere in the Midwest.

>It was the first time I had seen it with the audience. It was at some film festival. I was really embarrassed. Truly embarrassed. Supermensch. Like ohmygod, this is so egotistical. It’s so not what my vision of myself is. So I started questioning my vision of myself. But anyway, as the movie’s over, I walk out into the lobby and this very Aryan couple – they almost look like the top of a wedding cake – was standing there and the woman had tears in her eyes. They just stood in the corner. They waited for everybody to take pictures, you know, the things that happen after a screening. I walked over to them at the end. They said, “We’re so thankful. We wanted to talk to you. We just moved here from St. Thomas and our children are grown up and we’re empty nesters. We came back and we realized we have so much to be blessed for. We just don’t do enough good stuff. Watching the movie made us realize we have to change that in our lives.

>We’d love to start with you. We don’t have much, but we’re hunters and you said you like to cook and eat. We have a lot of venison in our freezer; can we give you some venison?” I went back to their house and got the venison. It turned out my roommate in college was their next-door neighbor in St. Thomas. They had a picture of him.

>Tim Ferriss: Oh, wow.

>Shep Gordon: When I saw the effect it had on those people and then I came back and I started getting emails and calls. We spoke about Rick Rubin before. That’s how we reconnected out of nowhere. I hadn’t seen him in 30 years and he got ahold of me and said, “Can I fly over to Maui and spend some time with you? I saw the movie and I really could use some time with you.” He came over and I hadn’t seen him in 30 years. So it affected – the first package I got when I got home was this beautiful birdcage that came from Africa.

>It had like 50 white, silk flowers in it and one pink one and this four-page letter from a 19-year-old girl who said, listen, “I’m not different than the other flowers, but I know if you would let me out of the cage, I could really help my people.” Things coming from every corner. So that was sort of a side note that I had a friend, Roy Choi, a chef who had a book signing in New York when I was there. He’s on Anthony Bourdain’s imprint. I’d never met Anthony and I was a huge fan. At the book signing, he walked over to me and he said, “Hey, I want to do your book.”

>Maybe this is a moment where I can try and figure out what motivated me and maybe if there’s anything in what motivated me that other people can use, maybe some techniques that I never was aware of that I could find by looking backwards. That’s really the exercise. They agreed that if I didn’t want to put out the book, I could give them back the money and we’d just end it. So that was the journey for me, was to try and see.

>Mike always said there are these interconnections and I always thought of my life as random. To see are there connectors that could help people along the way and hence the book.

tl;dr nothing, nothing is useful or informative here

it was an interesting read but ultimately i have to agree with you, the only relevant bit was how autistic meyers was in getting the thing made

Attached: 1548464610130.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

tl;dr version is Shep Gordon would never have realized how much impact a documentary about his life would have if it wasn't for Mike Myers' relentless autism.

>the Mike Meyers Pepe Le Pew movie wa scrapped

I want to see some footage of that shit or hear about it