“By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.”

I don't get this guy.

> Spend a few years on cheesy, science fiction tv show.
> Show becomes cult classic.
> Get to spend the rest of your life traveling around to conventions and signing autographs.
> Hang out with fans.
> Chill and do almost no real work at all while being worshipped by nerds.
> Probably lots of opportunity for Cosplay pussy.

This dude has a GREAT fucking life. I would trade with him hands down any day of the week.
What is his problem?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

Because he wanted to be a real actor and be taken seriously for his talents, not be loved by a bunch of sci-fi sperglords and incels.

You think flying around to conventions you have no interest in to hang out with an audience you despise and being only known for a single role in a shitty show is what any actor wants?

>Chill and do almost no real work at all
Lol, you sound like you're still in high school

this, he was Richard the 3rd ffs

>Alan Rickman dies
>Best remembered by man-children Potter fans for playing Snape

Oh god the irony

No. I am saying he is completely disconnected from the lives of the average Joe and maybe he should be a little more grateful for the sweet spot he is in, wanted or not.

People have ambitions. The average Joe should feel grateful because he's not starving in Africa.

Just not how it works.

if you don't remember him for Barchester Chronicles you don't know SHIT about Alan Rickman

you were allowed to mope and care about your personal goals back in the 90s

Who hurt you, user? Which celebrity did you try to get an autograph from at a con that turned you down? What happened to you that would make you think such stupid things?

It's established that he was a Shakesperian theater actor prior to Galaxy Quest
He's like Alec Guiness, he wanted to be remembered as a great dramatic actor and not as the guy with the funny makeup on that old TV show that nerds obsess over. He was probably also pissed that Tim Allen got all the passable con girls and he was stuck with the fatties and the uggos

Yes, or else they wouldnt do it.
All the real Star Trek actors were embarassed by its nerdery for years after the show until they discovered how much money was in the convention circuit.

> Thinks signing autographs and hanging out at the hotel bar is hard work.

"Well, pardon ME, Mr. Gucci loafers."

Attached: 1550411019748.png (640x480, 222K)

why was she so boner inducing only in this movie?

>Which celebrity did you try to get an autograph from at a con that turned you down?

Wolfman Jack...

I know. She looks good as a blonde. She should have gone that route more often.

awesome knockers

Attached: Af48.gif (420x286, 495K)

This. See also Fight Club and Office Space.

All the real Star Trek actors are still embarrassed by it. They just got too old to get prolific and appealing rolls, but hey here's this con circuit that can at least help cover the bills that the residuals won't. Shatner gets paid top dollar to act like he enjoys being there.

>be Shatner at some shitty con signing autographs for greasy fans
>when all he really wants to do is be back on Yea Forums cunnyposting and saying nigger

> tfw landing a principle role on Star Trek is a literal role of a lifetime

The original show was only three seasons in the late sixties and they have been making a good living off of that for fifty years. I call that cush.

not if you're on STD
>que pictured of Jeffrey Combs getting all the autographs and the STD nigger getting none

i wanna see that picture

Good point. Almost a litmus test regarding the quality of STD.

it gets posted in the /trek/ generals pretty frequently, honestly I've never bothered saving it because of how often I see it on here

yeah, it was a role of a lifetime. Most of his films were blockbusters or comedies, it's not like he was this deep, shakesperean actor too.

>thinks you can make a living doing conventions
Lol, you sound like you're still in high school

>que

This. I can remember at least one or two actors that appeared on Star Trek prior to STD. I honestly have no fucking clue who is even on STD, nor do I care to.

Also, for the future, "cue" is the spelling you were looking for. "Queue" is a line or ordered sequence.

When Skip Homeier auditioned for the role of Dr. Sevrin, the leader of a group of space hippies, in "Star Trek: The Original Series," he only had $9 to his name. When the cast got their first paychecks, DeForrest Kelley bought a signed Peter Max collage for his dining room. Skip Homeier bought a hot dinner.

Attached: startrekskiphomeier.jpg (233x216, 8K)

have you seen the people at conventions doing signings? there not working anywhere else my man so unless there at McDonalds working there making enough