/ALITA/

Alita: Battle Angel General Discussion
Previous Thread:

Attached: 1552464323026.gif (426x459, 356K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JB29x1lC_Jc
youtu.be/m6BQKFs3-VM
youtube.com/watch?v=t7DOgwxq6pY
youtube.com/watch?v=3S7eWd66fE4
screenrant.com/alita-battle-angel-box-office-success/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FUCK YOUR MERCY edition

Attached: Battle Angel Alita Vol. 01-059.jpg (1572x4890, 2.75M)

old pic time

Attached: 1550715352960.jpg (399x362, 78K)

Seeing Alita makes me happy.

Attached: download.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

Attached: FUCK YOUR MERCY.webm (896x450, 1.53M)

I wish Alita would remain more time in theaters

Attached: C481D745-EA84-4F13-957A-370CF03A77C3.jpg (683x683, 68K)

this was such a perfectly choreographed match. >Zariki comes in for the kill.
>Wipeout Zariki!

so how does Jashugan look as a match for Alita? seems kind of slow, but those huge screwdriver arms seem like solid punchers.

Attached: motorball.webm (900x366, 2.89M)

That feeling when aba has only a few more days left in theaters. It's worse than when my mother died

Attached: JauntyCompleteGalapagostortoise-size_restricted.gif (828x366, 206K)

We all do.

Also apologies for causing the shit up in the previous thread. I'll keep to pastebins for stories since there's no reason to give derailers more material. Ty to everyone for the comfy vibes otherwise.

Attached: best girl.png (697x906, 645K)

>just finished reading volume 4
>mfw that buildup
>mfw that final battle
>mfw to the man who became a god

Attached: 1737091256361157.gif (445x250, 386K)

Reminder to kill yourselves you pathetic turbotards

Attached: 2cb.png (792x691, 299K)

i like that she gets to have a first job and the look she gives nurse gerhad for confirmation the best

Attached: 1552457332455.jpg (1916x801, 190K)

I'm glad I saw her in IMAX3D twice but now that IMAX3D screen showings have dried up in my area if I wanted to see Alita again I'd have to settle for 2D on a tiny broom closet screen I'm starting to regret only going twice. So for me it's kinda already out of theaters and in a month or two when it's completely out of theaters I'm probably going to feel it even more.

I laughed at all those people who got Avatar withdrawals but man am I feeling them with Alita.

>I laughed at all those people who got Avatar withdrawals but man am I feeling them with Alita.

Abatap , Vindicated in death.

Nova will give him an upgrade. I imagine this being before his brain gets remolded since he's not playing with one arm as a handicap yet.

Oh ffs. If it's such a bad thing, just invite a bunch of friends and acquaintances and get the kino to put on a special screening or something. This movie wasn't made for empty seats.

You first you seething """"troll""""

Seriously, Abatap, if you or your spirit is out there in the world. I'm sorry I argued with you all those years ago. I know how you feel now.

Honest question, why don't you take this to Yea Forumsor Yea Forums? You seem to have the forced-niceness-forced-comfy vibe going.

I genuinely hope abatab comes back for the sequels I want to personally wish him welcome

pretty sure hes the one who posted in a very early thread what each of the two sequels main points would be

Attached: alita33.jpg (900x506, 25K)

A R T

You guys are kind of autistic but I watched Alita today and I thought it was pretty good.

Never got to see it in imax, so sadmad right now

Attached: 276AC687-F417-4795-990F-E73D3A95C2F4.jpg (560x612, 42K)

Lol, what the hell is abatap? Avatar In russian?

yeah go watch it again

>It's worse than when my mother died
I will not stand by and watch anons turn this into a sort of tumbler or pro-an forum. If people are sad that Alita is out of theaters, OK, but the fuck guys - have some perspective.

Attached: B0354AF7-36D4-4367-BF53-F921D353EAE9.jpg (640x640, 90K)

Yeah, there was this one really dedicated Russian Avatar fan/troll who had a crawl of any thread on Yea Forums which so much as mentioned Avatar, Pandora, or James Cameron. If you so much as said any of those three even in passing he'd read it and if you said something negative there is a good chance he'd reply to you in defense of Avatar/JC.

I remember getting into an argument with him once that Gone with the Wind was still technically still the highest grossing movie if you adjust for inflation, but he was a common fixture of Yea Forums for awhile there.

>Alita threads good
>Tripdubquads get dabbing on Captain foot fungus bad
>Disney shill threads good
>Tv anchor happening thread bad
>Pedo threads good
>Goji threads bad
Kill the leftist agenda mods. They're in the fucking discords. Just kill them.

Attached: 1545441852015.jpg (868x958, 70K)

There's a guy who always posts webms and photos of a certain actress from when she was a little kid and he absolutely loses it the moment you call him and identify him. I fucking hate the moderation on this board.

I remember people telling me Volume 4 was the low point but I fucking loved it.

Attached: Battle Angel Alita Vol. 04-197.jpg (1558x2445, 1.67M)

>I will not stand by and watch anons turn this into a sort of tumbler

You're a bit late. Actually, make that a fuck of a *lot* late.

I think you're overreacting, maybe his mother was a total bitch.

>and I'm happy to see you user

Attached: 1551827939467.png (651x501, 453K)

>cgi underwhelming, face too cartoony.
>dialogue nonexistant. notice nobody quotes it?
>major parts of movie receive zero explanation
>forced plot like the henchman getting away 2x
>loses her insane ninja agility just to drop bf.
>inconsistent universe rules w/ bounty hunters
I can't deny that virtually everyone regards this movie as mediocre except for the fanboys are going ape shit. They LOVE this. so I support alita still. maybe they'll make the next one not shitty and filled with cliche garbage
>alita 4/10

Nice, have a panzer bride

Attached: 1552460599882.jpg (3840x2160, 2.82M)

You want some dialogue? Heres a little something from James Cameron:
FUCK THE HATERS!

Mr. Sadmad, bring me a REEEEEEEEE
dun dun dun dun

what was going through Hugo's mind when this was happening?

Attached: get lost meatboy.jpg (825x710, 80K)

Reminder that the two don’t mix at all.

Shit’s fucking disgusting and no amount of waifu shilling can sell me on that shit

Attached: 36023CB8-1D21-4D8D-A38A-BCA5F5370485.jpg (1146x3087, 754K)

Where did you get that in such high resolution? Do you have the full picture? I love that cover but this is only like half of it.

Attached: 7.jpg (502x349, 58K)

>radio on in the car
>thinking about how nice it is to be fixated on a movie that's still in theaters for once, how it's possible I could even hear Swan Song
>turn two stations over SWAN SONG is actually playing

What the hell. Is this the power of Alita posting? What keeps it going? Is it magic?

>face too cartoony
shes supposed to be synthetic in story, even her face and skin
>notice nobody quotes it?
welcome to your first general shitpost
no one else to blame youre stupid
based on mango
>loses her insane ninja agility just to drop bf.
i know why didnt she just fly like captain marvel you fucking mouse
k

"How did Ajax Nahaaris get here?"

FUCK THE HATERS!

>it's something stronger user

Attached: u4VmLHd.gif (602x337, 1.89M)

How good would Alita be at giving handjobs? Would her metal hands hurt my dick?

>>major parts of movie receive zero explanation
Were you born a retard or did you grow into it?

Alita leaves the cinema.
Why do mice keep shaking in horror?

best size I can find

Attached: ONAv0TH09zSY4iVQth98fA.jpg (1706x1200, 171K)

>I'd rip it out, perv

Attached: say it again fag.jpg (960x897, 51K)

there was a rumour years ago that he died.

we will watch Avatar2 an extra time for you Abatap where ever you are.

Nobody is trying to sell you shit.
We just like the movie and alita

for next thread OP

Attached: 1552468977894 (2).jpg (1572x1426, 798K)

>Where did you get that in such high resolution?
The last thread lol

I will watch Avatar 2 if boatman announces Fallen Angel first.

or maybe better like this

Attached: 1552468977894 (3).jpg (1572x1390, 790K)

So that's a yes on it hurting then?

Alita's hands are for nobler things than that.

Attached: 1552432609878.jpg (1320x1320, 130K)

Potential for Captain Majority Demographic being dropped in China, keeping Alita, mainlining all the walk-in zoomer factory workers into Alita.

yeah because the alita motorball manga doesnt exist that fleshed out all the rules while the movie provides zero. she was also a mary sue at motorball.

sorry

Attached: 1552468977894 (4).jpg (1560x1345, 774K)

Based retard.
It's not hard to figure out that holding the ball while crossing the finish line means you win. I went in completely blind and I got that. I assume the rules will be more explained in the sequel, where they'll actually matter.

Attached: alita doll smile.png (1071x1062, 1.02M)

she was using berserker body, and it wasnt a regular match it was a fight to the death. she has a regular motorball body in the final scene.

Yeah that looks like it would pinch the skin a bit. I guess a blowie would be better anyway. I just wanted to imagine her cooing in my ear while jerking me off.

>Mary Sue at motorball
Technically she lost the first match she was in, but she's being trained by a former Motorball top tuner and is a literal war machine. Of course she's going to blow through the shit-tier leagues. She's still going to get her ass handed to her in the top leagues. If there is a sequel you can go and watch it.

>user, no

Attached: wtfusaying.jpg (800x450, 32K)

i'm so excited to think what jashugan was thinking when he saw her tryout match. cus he absolutely was watching, and has to bring it up in the sequel when he duels her.

Attached: 1552279243386.png (905x800, 2.77M)

i fap to that regulary recently

lol dude I don't mean the rules of the game like on a scorebook I am talking about how the game works within the universe. go watch the running man or Elysium which have the same plot themes. they massively tell you the rules of the game and dunk you into lore and how this whole thing can possibly exist. people have merchandise and there's known phrases involved because the world is lived in. motorball is barely part of alita AT ALL yet it plays such a big payoff role. I wouldn't have a problem at all if that payoff wasn't such a big thing.

Attached: Damascus Blade.jpg (2902x1951, 963K)

>look at that sword!

Attached: that's so cool.jpg (871x804, 61K)

Come on you know she wants it. Alita's the kind of girl who would love to see the look on user's face as he blows his load on her's.

Eh sure, i'll bite

>cgi underwhelming, face too cartoony
The eyes do feel weird for the first like 5 minutes, but the rest is fine. I dont think ive seen anyone else complain about the rest of CGI. But sure, you can keep your opiniom

>dialogue nonexistant. notice nobody quotes it?
Because it is sincere and to the point. It is not too cringy, funny or stupid to be quotable.
Dialogue lines get quoted either if they are ridiculously bad/silly, or if they are just some fun random bullshit tangential to the movie plot (pulp fiction is the best example).
You are just not paying enough attention or focus on unimportant things. I watched the movie without reading the manga and had no problem with it
Mostly due to adapting the manga. The movie story does feel rushed a bit though, as they try to cram a whole bunch of story points and exposition into a 2hr movie
>loses her insane ninja agility just to drop bf
Not like its all powerful. She tried her best but only barely caught him. Dunno why this bothers you
Again, if you want detailed explanations, you probably want to read the mango. There is only so much you can cram in one movie.

We got a shoe in montage as the only thing that showed her earning that whatsoever. the people that are called mary sues did more than technically lose and they still called that. in the end there was zero tension whether or not she would win. it would be no different if she just found the ticket to sky city in a drain. they should've nixed the motorball thing and put that screen time into world building. The URM stuff was my favorite part. I wish the entire movie was about that.

I used to think so but then I actually ate some good stuff. It's all in the execution.

>Because it is sincere and to the point. It is not too cringy, funny or stupid to be quotable
I think that's what I liked the most about the film
It is played straight, for example when shit get tough Alita doesn't have a
>I'll have to science the shit out of this
>the trick is I'm always angry (punch huge monster in the face like it's nothing)
>you gotta be shitting me
Instead Alita is
>nooo
>why did you do it?
>is it true?
>together, please!
It feels like a film from another decade, I missed the honesty

And then there's me. Zapan.

Attached: 1576851761784.jpg (750x1200, 221K)

the circuitry makes me think closer to widmanstatten (meteoric iron) than damascene steel.

>>the trick is I'm always angry
To be fair that's an actual good line, one of the few in MCU.

Well, I don't like it, I don't get the feeling of danger or that something is at stake

>quotable
The motorball announcer is the most meme-quotable part in this movie. And that's a good thing.

Do you have a blade (or blades) and if so would they happen to have any name(s)?

>Jeff Bottoms
>gets put last in the credit

Attached: you know that's gotta hurt.jpg (4032x3024, 1.08M)

This. The dialogue was direct and heartfelt. You have to be a heartless android not to feel for her struggle. I'm stoic af but some parts of this movie made my throat ache when I first watched it because it reminded me of heartbreaking moments in my own life and the naive things I used to say and do and how dumb I used to be. I could connect with that.

some of the lines were corny , but Rosa delivered them with absolute sincerity,

I was moved.

"And this is where you're going to die." would be even better if she didn't even finish the line but just muttered it and started running mid-sentence because she was too enraged to speak.

Fuck, Ed Skrein really hammed it up for this role yet it still came across as endearing and believable. Based cyberchad.

Of course, sweets. I'm keeper of the legendary Damascus blade, honed to a monomolecular edge. Cuts through armor like butter.

Attached: 5146757618172.jpg (863x705, 89K)

Not him, but at that moment, it was more of an "ace up your sleeve" kind of moment. It was kind of a dumb revelation, but the line delivery was pretty good.

fyi I also give alita a 10/10 for potential.
>eyes
I will say that both me and the person I went with independently noticed that the cgi was much better in the 2nd half.
>dialogue
I'm going to go with option b: the dialogue was kept simple because corporate wanted it to be easily translated for china. it's the same ialogue as marvel. bland. nothing risky. I think you should criticize this movie if it doesn't have memorable quotes not give it a pass because it was fun. I concede that I did really enjoy Alita's acting. and if you want to say she did her dialogue through acting I'm okay with that. dont bring waltz into a movie and have him say nothin' memorable. that's a deep sin.
>adapting manga
See I really liked the main henchman's character, acting. but yeah they went out of their way to let him go knowing the plot has him coming back
>All power cyborg
Her boyfriend's death bothers me because from the exact scene we saw of him falling (it's on YT) she clearly could save him from 15,000 different ways and angles only using 0.0001% of her strength. he died because the plot said so. yes that bothers me.
>bounty hunter
The way that they can just frame her BF and who the police / authorities with side with. that was very ad hoc. again: world building please.

Attached: 15524637390590.png (1118x989, 417K)

>the dialogue was kept simple because corporate wanted it to be easily translated for china
It was made as an independent film, corporate had no say. Everything is there because Cameron or Rodriguez or Rosa wanted it there.

F
Man, I can't wait for all the fake Abatap tripfags who are going to come out of the woodwork when Avatar 2 comes out. It will be chaos.

CUTE

Some user from 2ch fix face.

Manga spoilers ahead:

>Fallen Angel, near the end
>Alita defeats Zapan, almost dies
>gets arrested for using a gun
>pic related
>doors close, blocking all light
>credits roll

>mid credits
>Alita wakes up in a white room
>gets recruited by Zalem
>Gally's theme plays as she leaves through the door
>youtu.be/JB29x1lC_Jc
>credits continue
>film 3 opens with shots of the badlands to this music, then slowly pans down to reveal it's Alita playing her harmonica
youtu.be/m6BQKFs3-VM

Attached: just an insignificant girl thrown out with the rest of the garbage.jpg (765x1099, 274K)

>Dialogue isn't quotable
Literally most of the anons in this thread could banepost with Alita dialogue

"So I'm 300 years old?"

Attached: 1552013342810.png (595x595, 281K)

I dunno. Yea Forums seems like the logical place for a movie by James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez.
Yea Forums isn't exactly crazy over a big-budget, live-action, English-language, Hollywood production and Yea Forums isn't especially fond of Japanese source material.

So what should they call the sequels?
Alita : _________

James Cameron gave two hypothetical titles when explaining the "Alita :" naming structure
Alita: Fallen Angel
Alita: Avenging Angel

To get you thinking the volume titles are
1 Rusty Angel
2 Iron Maiden
3 Killing Angel
4 Ars Magna
5 Lost Sheep
6 Rain Maker
7 Panzer Bride
8 War Chronicle
9 Conquest

Attached: volumes.jpg (853x4803, 1.38M)

>forced-niceness-forced-comfy
There's nothing forced about comfy ABAG threads in fact I'll tell you to shut it and fuck off right now.

Fallen Angel sounds good but Avenging Angel not so much. Maybe War Angel or Conquest Angel?

peaches OC from earlier.

Attached: E6A8E4BE-C2FE-4B82-9B99-4D0BF4F8250B.jpg (2046x3386, 979K)

Sweetheart, you are.

>those titles
Which translation are you reading?

Attached: file.png (237x200, 9K)

I like Alita: Ion Maiden and Alita: Panzer Bride

Alita: Soaring Angel

For Alita 2
>Alita: Fallen Angel
>Alita: Cruel Angel Thesis

Those are the original titles, yours are the Viz titles which are more of a localization than a translation.

Alita: Avenging Angel sounds pretty dope desu.

wtf are you talking about corporate had no say. 20th century fox likes money you know. studio, distribution have contracts about what is in the content. I would say Alita's dialogue is exactly the same as Marvel's. bland. no risks. no emotion. for simpletons. easily translatable. released early in asia. set records.

“Damn, that's Grewishka!” “Yeah, but what the hell happened to him?"

Attached: alitachef.png (622x538, 387K)

Attached: 1552427258216.png (1583x1583, 540K)

>Cruel Angel Thesis

Attached: 1552451233192.jpg (486x482, 45K)

>no emotion
That is where you're wrong kiddo

>no emotion

Attached: alitatemplate3.jpg (2048x2048, 328K)

This version has more personality IMO

this is better but alita should look at youtsuba

>The way that they can just frame her BF and who the police / authorities with side with. that was very ad hoc. again: world building please
This IS part of the world building - but it's set up in the scene where they're fixing up the jacked cyborg - the centurions and Factory only care about suppressing or appeasing the people - not actual justice. And they're machines. I thought her out-smarting Zapan was really good.

Yes, but because we've watched it so many times. Even The Godfather movies becomes a memefest at that point.

True, but the other one is more Alita-like.
I'm ok with the ones that JC stated. However, Killing Angel might be more connected with the Motorball arc.

Guess who doesn't know who Alita is.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-03-13 at 7.28.23 AM.png (762x630, 229K)

This version is really good!

Attached: 1552429139459.jpg (1555x3840, 314K)

soul
soulless

>Uguu
>Uwu

Yotsuba could use some work too, but this is near perfect.

Attached: 1552285630119.png (398x407, 231K)

anyone got higher res of this alita?

Attached: downyalita.png (1366x768, 1.2M)

Idk I'm just glad we're getting OC of this quality. Hopefully we get more user collaborations too. /ABAG/ is the most fun I've had on Yea Forums in a while.

>Question 29: Does your character have robotic parts?
What a cunt

we make these threads what they are and I love you all for it

i.. must... resist...

also need higher res pic of this um.. sword.

Attached: sword.png (1366x768, 844K)

Attached: 1552429139459.jpg (1555x5061, 722K)

also where is the resident ^w^ poster I miss him

Attached: 1551300959013.jpg (750x792, 479K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Guess who doesn't know who Daisuke Ido is.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-03-13 at 7.48.36 AM.png (753x613, 224K)

I WILL NOT KISS MY MONITOR

I REPEAT I WILL NOT KISS MY MONITOR... again

what have I become someone fucking kill me

Morning /alita/ frens

Attached: ALita_woke_up.jpg (1600x865, 231K)

Someone please edit this but with Zapan's face.

Attached: DmnX1L3VsAEgnBD.jpg (320x252, 17K)

It's 11:00pm here but good morning to you!

>mask is Zapan's face
>underneath mask is no face

2pm here, fren. Good afternoon

Yeah, the robot face. I think you could reasonably do it, with the part of his face that's shown when it gets slashed. Maybe mirror it to cover the other half that's underneath the mask, y'know?

19:00, but good morning comrade

Where were you when the history of women has ended?

Attached: ultraPill.jpg (1453x728, 115K)

I haven't seen this movie and I don't plan to, but I will shill it only to make cpt marvel fags mad

Attached: 1552316147862.jpg (1200x1205, 150K)

Missing out bra

Attached: 429A96C4-BA53-4449-A6DB-85288900052F.jpg (320x240, 50K)

stop shilling CM here

Say, thank you chinaman

Attached: b3c257c8.jpg (568x645, 38K)

You should go and see it brother

Attached: Cute_cyborg_smiling.png (960x540, 413K)

Chances of a sequel soon?

>My kids tell me this picture is "Squad Goals". I'm assuming that's a good thing?
Sequel announcement very soon

Attached: D1ZSDYbV4AUjXL6.jpg (680x454, 76K)

Soon moon.

Attached: that's_no_moon.jpg (691x345, 18K)

Hey guys can someone explain

at the end, what did Ido mean when he said "don't ever feel sorry for yourself, you are the only one made for this" ???

Don't blame yourself for the world being shitty. You're the most competent person around who can deal with this shit, and I trust you.

>tfw accidentally just put guava juice in my coffee instead of milk and it wasn't even that bad
/blog
There needs to be more cyberpunk martial arts films, the most kino genre combo ever. Only other movie I know that fits the bill is The Matrix.
Been watching old kung fu flicks to tide me over but it's not quite the same.

Attached: tired.jpg (400x288, 26K)

CM Fungal is utterly irrelevant to Alita. Just go see it. And be healed.

I actually want to rewatch The Matrix soon so thanks for reminding me.

I sometimes drink tea with cream because it's delicious but v bad for you

Attached: 1551298870196.jpg (480x480, 21K)

>delicious but v bad for you
Laughs in Tibetan

Attached: Monk_churning_butter_tea.jpg (573x892, 69K)

the matrix is post-cyberpunk (or maybe even post-post-cyberpunk)

>when your girl fights so hard she even heals entrenched and corrupt critics

Attached: mmm.png (739x304, 154K)

HEY Yea Forums! Help!. I found a bag with $9k in it. I'm really scared. I really need money but the person who lost it probably need it more. I found it on a bench in front of intensive care entrance. I donbt know what to do! Help. I suspect it was for hospital bills as there was napkins, panties, bra and extra shirts and whole bag of salt crackers and some medicine in it.

I took it home. after cigarettes and 15 cups of rum I cant chill and relax.I feel guiltly and sick. fuck do I do?

Wheel of Time is post-pre-cyberpunk. Amazon is making a series based on it now. Hoping it'll be good, but it's harder to condense than Game of Thrones.

You have to do the right thing and find the owner.

That's a tough one user. I'd say hand it to law enforcement but who knows what will happen to it then. Any kind of ID with the bills?

Return it. It probably belongs to a sick person.

Do it for her.

Attached: AliOranges2..png (336x268, 152K)

Return it, user. I know it's a pain to do it, but the things that are best for us often times dont feel good to us. To obey God, we must disobey ourselves.

Damn these posters are nice. And the picture is good too.

Attached: J52jA5f_d.jpg (640x442, 52K)

>I'm doing this for us! You can't miss it!
What did she mean by this?

Attached: Beautiful Smile.png (502x488, 302K)

>au revoir alittaaa!!
What did he mean by this?

Return the money and the valuables. Keep the bra. As a memento.

Also, why the fuck are you posting about this in a random post-soviet image board?

Yeah if my mom died I’d smile with relief.

>forced-niceness-forced-comfy

Attached: StillDontCare.png (273x266, 20K)

Try to find who it belongs to and return it. Are they prescription medicine?

Attached: 1552336878763.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

Go ewei

Attached: 1552241559726.png (513x519, 348K)

Don't act like you don't see this.

Attached: do ray egonnn.jpg (945x576, 88K)

I have started losing weight since I took the Alita pill.

/Healed by Alita/ should be a general on /fit/

Attached: 1552432889023.png (622x538, 228K)

Rule of thumb is keep the money and return everything else. If anyone asks you found it that way.

Also post based Alitas

Attached: Alita Orange-1.jpg (1024x578, 140K)

Based Ido. Kills cyborgs at night, surgeon during the day, and hunts ghosts in between.

Good luck, brother. Praying for your success.

Attached: 1552310710543.jpg (957x858, 290K)

>/Healed by Alita/ should be a general on /fit/
I really don't like where this is going, soon there will be an /aba/ containment board and alita posting will be a range-ban offence
Contain your faggotry fags

If that were true Captain Shill would have been trashed a while ago.

that's a funny way of presenting an excellent idea

/aba/

The fire rises

Attached: 1552340030090.png (804x804, 662K)

When i go to the gym tomorrow, i'll lift for Alita

Attached: For_her.png (1920x1200, 1.09M)

Please don't ever leave me /ABAG/

I picked up rowing as a hobby since I got /healed/
Never felt more optimistic in my life

underrated

Why would we ever leave? We love you and remember:

>Together

Attached: 1552367518450.jpg (3840x2160, 2M)

>people paid to see cpt. Fungus

Attached: 1551692928404.jpg (256x512, 90K)

are you rowing on a river or on an erg for now? nothing beats river rowing on a quiet morning

Attached: Soldier.jpg (1908x1581, 1.21M)

I like how this movie hasn't even broken even yet and never will.

I've got a job interview tomorrow after 3 years of absolute misery being a NEET. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Attached: 1524861025286.jpg (200x193, 8K)

They dont make containment board anymore, they move stuff to /trash/

>Contain your faggotry fags
Agreed.
Look, Alita is a great character. She represents a refreshingly human spirit, crystallized into a character; this is something you can recognize as something that inspires you, something that you identify with and which attracts you emotionally, and perhaps even stands in judgment of you. But this existed before Alita. Whether you want to label it as the "anima" or your "muse", be aware that this is not unique or inherent in Alita - who remains a fictional character. It is part of the human spirit if you will.
Try to find that aspect of integrity in yourself, and culture it in other people who you meet in life.

And don't turn into bronys.

Good luck user! Tell us how it goes. What's the job for?

stop

Attached: 27245337316.jpg (1024x553, 92K)

Correct but also not /healed/ enough.

We don't lewd Alita so we can never be as bad as bronies.

Attached: 1552271168211.png (396x399, 134K)

Based and healed
Also nice dubs brother

Attached: doubles_sitting.jpg (608x456, 29K)

good job user!!!!
You'll be a wagec*ck just like me
but you'll be able to pay hookers ;)

Why exactly is this movie so popular?

Could it end up being lik Avatar, which also had an initial fanbase and then became completely irrelevant?

Attached: avatar_1555874c.jpg (618x537, 141K)

youtube.com/watch?v=t7DOgwxq6pY

Attached: alitadisco.jpg (785x1202, 415K)

Scratch that, i'll go to the gym today, for Alita
and Aniki

Attached: Aniki_double_bicep.jpg (1080x813, 60K)

Mouse drone, your box office has fallen.
Get out of here, you are not welcome here.

How much money did it make so far?

Both.
That is lake not river. Went 2 times yet but for regular training I have a machine. Plan to go river rowing in summer.

For the first time in many years, people got a lively character with a lively storyline arch that didn't promote political shit.
Of course they are impressed.

That's wonderful, user! Stay comfy beyond your comfort zone!

Attached: 1552267710471.jpg (309x293, 27K)

He's right you know. I doubt it's a mouseposter, since they seem to be in full meltdown elsewhere.

She is the Pamzer Kunst Elite
Born to Alite
Never Retreat
Battle waifu

Attached: 5698FCDD-sabaton-streaming-resist-and-bite-live-video-from-upcoming-heroes-on-tour-live-dvd-cd-image (645x363, 56K)

Enjoy user- the Yarra River here is a grimy shitty stream but you forget that when you're on the water

Don't forget to wear sunscreen

Avatar was a dayfly for normies. Alita is already a cult classic.

based

Attached: 1551926794413.jpg (2331x5000, 1.61M)

Hey Joakim
YOU SUCK

Attached: 1552244809415.png (522x504, 195K)

Attached: Alita_crawling.png (785x1202, 656K)

This film is ALITA bit shit

Attached: images (4).jpg (679x452, 25K)

The Avatar fanbase would have said the same thing back then, don't you think?
You think they didn't imagine their movie was destined to become a cult classic? Made more money than anything else, which is not a goor argument for anything but they would have mentioned it.
Was succesfull in every single way.
I'm not saying it's what's gonna happen to Alita, in fact I'm fairly sure it won't, but there is the posibility.

What I don't understant is where is the attachement to this movie coming from, even if you think it's a 10/10 movie.
Some of you clearly think it's not only a great , but also important one.

How do you do it? I watched the movie and still do not find the strength to work or self-development. What should I do?

Remember.

Attached: 15508558534800.jpg (745x783, 250K)

I like Avatar but Avatar doesn't have a single strong character. It's all about the world, while Alita is mainly about Alita.

Self development comes from within- media and experiences can only spark it. Take a small step towards something you want to achieve. If that step feels ok, take another. You can stop at any time. But do take the steps.

Attached: 1551331729273.jpg (1080x1594, 356K)

>I like Avatar but Avatar
Holy shit, why.
>doesn't have a single strong character
True.
OK, I just found the movie okay, and my girl thought it was corny and found the character bland.

You can make it friend, we are all gonna make it and be healed brother

Attached: gains_gods_ass_we_can.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

>Gone with the Wind was still technically still the highest grossing movie if you adjust for inflation,
This is what butthurt haters actually believe

dude you should stop giving shit about reviews, it's not healty

Attached: 1551840841219.png (960x402, 358K)

>even if you think it's a 10/10 movie.
I think it's at most an 4 out of 5 star movie, but I still find myself enjoying it and talking about it more than movies which I think are objectively better.

You say that but you're wrong though. Crossing the finish line with the ball will only score a point. Nobody is going to pay for a live event that only lasts one lap.

Spit will Alita classic or not.
We will know about it in five years.
The main thing that I like.

>This mouse pain

Attached: 1552246008706.png (660x539, 453K)

cool we have some Muslim friends
Alita Akbar!

Attached: alitaallah.jpg (1165x802, 127K)

In Running Man they explained it more since it was pretty much the whole movie. In Alita it was only one of a different elements so they brushed over all but the bare essentials.That it's popular and violent, and that new paternal figure does not approve.

Too late 4 me.

Attached: pepepone.png (800x741, 328K)

Yeah, I remember all the Star Wars comparisons and Navi-kin running around. Then people quickly realized that Avatar is just Ferngully meets Pocahontas with bigger budget and blue cats and moved on.
I kinda liked it when I saw it - it had this fairytale vibe that I love in movies, but then my excitement kinda fizzled out. It didn't have enough staying power. Same thing with Pacific Rim.

youtube.com/watch?v=3S7eWd66fE4

Probably not. Avatar was a fad because it was entirely carried by its visuals; which other films caught up to. Alita will end up being more like Dstrict 9 where it only gets more popular over time.

Pacific Rim has the same problem as Avatar. The characters aren't that charismatic. Avatar was alien world porn and Pacific Rim mecha porn.

this is what butthurt haters actually believe

cry more

It's been a while since I've seen Avatar, I last saw it back in 2009 in theaters and I don't remember much. But rewatching some of the clips on youtube, the guy who played Jake(?) is either intentionally or unknowingly doing a Mel Gibson impression. Big time. So I think he plays it well.
The other actress plays the cursing, cynical, "edgy humor" military type that you see in a lot of military movies, which is kind of annoying. Like the same dialogue you get in the DOOM movie.

It's true though. Sully is fine and so are Neytiri, Augustine and Quaritch but they aren't very memorable. They work for the movie, not to carry a franchise or fandom.

I am sure that Quaritch was REALLY memorable. I remember people actually rooting for RDA because of that reason. Too bad they killed him off.

You clearly didn't pick the right answers

Attached: file.png (868x579, 222K)

He's a good villain, not a great one. He lacks a unique visual feature to be a very memorable figure (the scar is too little).

Avatar and Pacific Rim were somewhere nearby, but all the time they lacked the strength of the characters.
Alita for me above them.
Something like the Fifth Element by force of influence.

He only knows that now because I taught it to him. That's the name I clicked whenever he lost and told me to enter in my character's name. Notice how he doesn't have a picture yet?

Akinator learns from people playing the character over and over.

He's Chip Hazard from Small Soldiers.
They just crossed out the 'Gorgonites' and replaced it with 'Smurfs'.

Watch it again. It may take eleven or twelve times.

Underrated. Alita represents the value of integrity and the brave willingness to embrace it.

I watch Avatar for the first time, have not watched before.
Just had no desire.
Incredibly beautiful even now movie.
But two problems.
I do not like the archetype of the noble savage.
And I can not take Pandora as a place where I could be. Live. Love this planet.
Iron City dump is another matter.
This is my home.

Do it for Alita. Whatever secondary rewards come are a plus.

>don't turn into bronys.
We are older.
We are less.
We do not think Alita is the BEST MOVIE OF EVER in any case a significant part of us.
Many of us HAVE SEX.

Ok then well done

I submitted a photo, so bit of a team effort here

based Muslim jihadist makes some good points about the warrior archetype

Please elaborate.

Many people think Rosa and James at different points have lurked in these threads a little. They're not NEET's or fuckups like most people who go on this site though, so it's not like they're here 24/7.

>tfw LO literally devolves into a shonen tournament arc where rivals try to outlevel each other

Attached: 6658747547.jpg (300x264, 15K)

Really doubt it but who knows.

Attached: Z38csu9FoK5gAK.jpg (598x1276, 162K)

Attached: Alita x Agent K (Blade Runner 2049) -- Make me feel something (1).webm (320x180, 2.85M)

Together, we can teach him. One day, he will post in these threads. He will be healed.

Honestly, I haven't even watched the movie because I'm almost out of money. However I've been visiting /aba/ every day for the last 2 weeks and now I'm trying to give up on alcohol after 4 years of almost everyday drinking. I'm on day 8 and still feel terrible, moreover my immune system turned out to be fucked as well and now I have a temperature, snot, throat pain and both my ears are inflamed. But the pure positivity of these threads still keeps me going

Attached: 1552034749652.png (745x548, 266K)

cast & crew
incredibly based photo montage

Attached: alitaCC1.jpg (1024x701, 302K)

you can do it

Attached: 1551607014574.jpg (3840x2160, 2.09M)

Imagine licking her eyeball and scooping it out with your tongue wouldn't that be hot haha

This might look like a lot of people, but most movies that come out now easily have x4 the amount of people working on them.

Keep fighting, man. Many of us have our own vices we're struggling to overcome, so we're with you.

Attached: 1552127360892.png (940x620, 446K)

30+ user here, who has a daughter. Trust me, when you See the film later once you get kids, you will see Ido totally In a new way. The already sublime acting by Waltz will hit you like a ten ton Hammer.

Don't give up man. We are here for you. So as Alita

Attached: 1552099523281.png (432x465, 242K)

Could be coincidence. I too felt sick for the last 4 days, but my immune system is powering through and it doesn't break out. There is some shit going around, many people are sick right now.
Anyways, if you truly want to not drink alcohol, just don't do it, your will is law so focus on keeping your will strong.
Embody the warrior spirit and keep on pushing to your goal.

>once you get kids
Haha yeah

She wouldn't be able to see so it wouldn't be hot at all.

It leaves my theatre this Friday so I'm going tonight with some friends to see it one last time

>once you get kids
Not happening ;_;

The movie probably starts with him being injured and Nova giving him the brain surgery. Its mentioned in the manga that he was a strong contender for number 1 until he was badly injured. So we'll see him at full power next movie

I was about to go today for the sixth and final time but something came up and I couldn't. If it's on Friday (doubt it) I will watch it again.

You should watch TC. Alita'd like that

I have 5 kids, one in her thirties. Ido was a good character, and looked better than the OVA, which had an exaggerated nose and chin.

Attached: Alita Battle Angel (2019) Dr Dyson Ido.jpg (1280x533, 67K)

dude, i stopped drinking 6 month ago, and i feel the best i had in the last 10 years.
i lost weight, i'm more confident, people around me feel happy to see me like this.
i also managed to release a small videogame i made in my spare time.
endure it and you'll see how better life is

Attached: 1552428222380.png (607x1188, 493K)

>>tfw LO literally devolves into a shonen tournament arc
>555
Rip Kinuba

Attached: 5.jpg (1024x768, 55K)

got a better quality, fren?

is there yukito somewhere?

Attached: 70b108eegy1g0k3if88vuj215o0st1ky.jpg (1500x1037, 633K)

You can hear her CUTE laugh here

382M
Black numbers after 340M

Tha-thanks, anons, hope, you will succeed as well. And thanks to based Cameron and Alita for uniting us

Attached: 1521594514718.jpg (750x1334, 234K)

don't know where you guys live but my theater still has Aquaman showing
Alita isn't going anywhere soon I don't think

Attached: 3FC80BFF-674F-4AE8-8E9A-B46D23A06743.png (617x538, 348K)

No, they still don't get 100% of gross box office. I suspect profit point is around 400 million. Hoping to reach 420 blaze it.

Don't involve /pol/ ffs

Yea, something fucked these files up

Attached: 70b108eegy1g0k3iet5d4j215o0st4qq.jpg (1500x1037, 663K)

Attached: Alita Battle Angel (2019) Nyssiana Poster 2.jpg (625x1000, 71K)

Attached: 1551964968582.png (538x538, 194K)

you all worshipping satan
alita is methafor for fallen angel

pic related 33rd rite masonry

Attached: 33 building.jpg (297x402, 13K)

More

Attached: 70b108eegy1g0k3ife4qcj215o0st7wi.jpg (1500x1037, 671K)

>implying Hiro would move a the most popular content on Yea Forums to the trash
Not very smart are you.

To the right, he's in the red panel cap.

Attached: b9fa3074870469.5c40d0919c2ea.jpg (1400x960, 1.1M)

screenrant.com/alita-battle-angel-box-office-success/

Nope

She was a little too goofy imo. Especially when she jumped up into the corner and hissed. Also is giving up your hands for some blades really worth it?

>another doomer trying to bring the thread down
lmao

ITS ILLUMINATI

Attached: illuminatiii.jpg (408x605, 47K)

Alita is a cute girl, not demonic entity.
She's referred to as an "angel" due to her initial innocent and naive nature, that quickly turns into explosive wrath and vengeance at evil.

thanks friend. also nice 99

I'm sure she can attach normal robotic hands instead of blades whenever she wants.

Incredible. And look at Robert's arm. Does he lift?

its metaphor for lucifer how he battled God with other fallen angels and lost and tries to get back to heaven, overthrow God.

>dude avatar a movie loved by the majority of society was considered a cult classic
Where do you idiots come up with this shit? How old were you when Avatar came out? 12?

>another newfriend that doesn't understand how Yea Forums works
lol

post your reaction when it's revealed Alita is a tumor

Attached: Alita61.png (696x277, 311K)

Well your shitty interpretation breaks down because the "demons" are actively fighting evil and promoting selfless love. Never mind the fact that the god in your example is literally just a pampered rich fuck and Zalem is literally Israel.

This was my reaction to pretty much everything past the original run.

Attached: stupid.png (745x359, 195K)

Me too minus the enjoying it part.

what a bad shoop

Attached: 1552074144166.jpg (800x450, 145K)

>another newfag calling posters newfag and thinking they are in charge
>posting lol
Are you lost? This is Yea Forums. Reddit is down the hall to the left kiddo.

Hi Jerome. I see you posted the same stale manga bait again.

>you are so lost and confused
you got everything upside down.
Ofc the masons in hollywood show God in worse way than he actually is.

Give Jesus a chance. Please.

Attached: sadauskas-kaimietis-334x220.jpg (334x220, 30K)

oops didnt meant to
>
that

Can you start reading posts much? That was a post about how Alita is a really great work of art because it captures an essential part of the human spirit in a way that speaks to people and can better their lives. But going around spreading the gospel of Alita will not work if you just mindlessly accuse everyone of being mouseposters.

I wonder if the tumour a direct reference to Pinoko in Black Jack. Yukito would know about Pinoko for sure.

Attached: BlackJack_Pinoko.png (526x773, 454K)

Attached: 1552355582252B.png (369x419, 161K)

Sorry babe I'm not Jerome just a very disappointed user.

NEW

Stop lying Jerome.

retard