Capeshit will never produce a moment this epic, this emotional

Capeshit will never produce a moment this epic, this emotional.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 996K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6E6sCzjEQdY
youtube.com/watch?v=ty2GKbYwCSs
youtube.com/watch?v=DHZLoBGXCq0
youtube.com/watch?v=MaWBzoZBML4
youtu.be/uuecmtqXwf0
youtube.com/watch?v=OtR5RfRpWh4
youtube.com/watch?v=dKgOXr2nsao
youtube.com/watch?v=ybmN6QF9fxA
youtube.com/watch?v=78hCTqTkZMk
youtube.com/watch?v=8i93vXUKqnI
youtube.com/watch?v=KdFwQkOC7a0
youtu.be/ZPl5LF7npoU
youtu.be/w50zQ67D6wY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=6E6sCzjEQdY it will also never do this

Yes, but it's not even close to the best moment in Dragon Ball.
That's why you don't post this on Yea Forums, because they'll laugh you off the board.

Based

Attached: Dragon Ball Z - 120.webm (640x480, 2.92M)

what the fuck rofl

Dragon Ball is gay, DBZ is better

It's incredible how Mexico treated each episode like an individual sporting event. They even had posters hanging off buildings in some cities for every major fight

I meant the DB franchise, but you're right in that I think the original DB is better than DBZ.
Because it is.

wtf there's new dbz episodes? when the fuck did this happen

You need hours and hours of buildup to make something so epic like Wagner's Ring Of Nibelungen or Toriyama's Dragon Ball Z.

Post more kino scenes.

Attached: 09.png (1021x763, 633K)

Fuck you

>"Trunks, Bulma, I do this for you, and yes, even for you, Kakarot"

Attached: majin-vegeta-gif-10.gif (498x498, 549K)

Not gonna argue the facts OP.

Too bad Gohan was never cool again after that (except in Trunk's timeline).

Anime is the best source for kino material lately

Attached: 1497806652004.gif (540x304, 2.62M)

>lately
It always has been.

Is it? The only thing I enjoyed that was made recently is Goblin Slayer.

Attached: goblino slayeru.jpg (240x210, 13K)

>tfw "NOW'S YOUR CHANCE"

Attached: 1551842218148.jpg (372x268, 11K)

it was all because of vegeta

GS is probably the most boring piece of shit Yea Forums ever tricked me into watching

Anime is for fucking dorks

Youjo Senki is full of kino moments.
I know that /po/ tried selling this as "the anime of the nazi loli lmao", but (1) she's not nazi, (2)it's basically a military anime, and she being a little girl doesn't really affect anything since it's actually the mind of a middle-aged ruthless japanese guy.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Youjo Senki - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_23.11_[2019.03.12_21.43.32].jpg (1280x720, 122K)

it boggles my mind how people got emotional to that shit, I saw that last movie because some work friends got me a ticket and these fucking people were screaming and hollering like obama just got elected

Also, the author of the novels the anime is based on, is a complete /his/ nerd. The anime has several scenes that play with strategies that were actually used during wars. It's a, DARE I SAY IT, /intelligent anime/ ?

literature, on the other hand...

Attached: Menzuo SW Legend of the Blue Diamond.jpg (753x597, 438K)

>cartoon
>emotional
You have to be at least eighteen years old to post here.

The most kino

Attached: 1527067740088.gif (329x302, 22K)

you need to upgrade you taste user kun, at this moment we have, dororo, mob psycho 100 and GIOGIO Golden Wind, its bringing all the kino scenes of this season.

Daily reminder that nothing will top this series

Attached: images (7).jpg (278x400, 22K)

Gundam did before it even existed, LOTGH is just bait for pseuds to out themselves

The original english dub of this scene is chill-inducing. Bruce's music sells it.

its called dragon ball super and though it has a rough start (watch the movies instead of the series recap of them) it is very good.

shut the fuck up nigger and kill yourself

it was great you fool
you sound anti pol

Gundam would be comparable to LoGH if it was like the 8th ms team from the beginning and not teenager with space autism saves the world

By the end of zeta i was rooting for Yazaan to kill everyone because of how boring and repetitive it was

Attached: 1488551136566.jpg (960x700, 25K)

boring, bet you like trash like eva and monster too

they're shit, only made for gooks to suck gajin dollars

no its good.

Is the matrix the best live action adaptation of anime we will ever get?

Gundam's a lot more trashy, i like both but lotgh does what i like about gundam much better.

The matrix anime/cartoon was pretty legit.

Nah I mean like, no one has ever adapted the cinematic style of anime/manga better than the first matrix film as far as I know

This reminds me of NASCAR because I watch these "people" and want nothing more than to drop a tactical nuke on the venue.

Good goy

youtube.com/watch?v=ty2GKbYwCSs

>Super
>good

Attached: 034.jpg (960x540, 107K)

Is Kotomine the best anime villain?

Attached: Kotominenoheart.jpg (800x600, 74K)

>you will never be as happy as these people are

>eats your spicy food

Maybe in North America, Asia has tons of anime (or in the style of) live action. Some of it is alright.

Kung Fu movies are literally anime.

basedgeta

He sure is one of the best.

Attached: 1487166861535.png (703x800, 439K)

get out gtfag

Wouldn't toku be the live action equivalent of anime?

Attached: Kamen Rider Ryuki.jpg (1366x768, 340K)

Goku and Piccolo drive cars

Nice cope, retard

Attached: wtf.jpg (852x504, 90K)

I'm going to research all those titles....but the titles alone are turning me off.

I'm not reading that boring shit

> Never seen fist of the Northstar

Attached: Raoh_(Atomiswave).jpg (185x167, 6K)

Attached: dbtier.png (900x1620, 1.78M)

they are really good, but still you need to watch the first season of mob psycho 100, and like 4 seasons of Jojo´s bizarre adventure to get to Jojos(GIOGIO)bizzare adventure Golden Wind.

Happy Sugar Life was good.

I liked Southern though

Attached: Hokuto.no.Ken.full.870511.jpg (777x1100, 466K)

Yeah bud I just watched the trailers for all those titles on myanimelist and I'm not intrigued in the slightest---I learned the hard way that most animes are hot garbage---and that my first gut instinct is usually right about whether or not I will enjoy an anime.

Your taste sucks--you have no credibility to me.

Thanks doc.

>Bojack High
>Bardock mid

I was just going to post souther is pretty good too. Makes that dude carry a brick that squishes him.

Lol that guy from hokuto 2 who loved the light, hokuto 2 had some questionable shit.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

yall need megalobox in your lives

Anime is so fucking gay. I don't know how people watch this shit.

I can't take it seriously because I know he'll be back thanks to the Dragon Balls.

well your instinct has to be really bad man.
Nothing i can help you, just go and watch black clover if you want a GS (shit)tier.

Anime is like the same 20 stories repeated over and over. Once in a while you get some original shit but it's mostly just rehashed themes. That's why I don't get weebs, shit just repeats itself.

nah man, i´m watching the true boxing kino, Ashita no joe.

Thanks doc

I don't get spics, super is literally the worst thing to happen since GT.

Who was in the wrong?

Attached: 5267887-15wnby.gif (260x146, 1.37M)

The story in ping pong is pretty good.

not true at all, yes they are ALOT of repeated stories, but still you can find a ton of original themes and stories, you just dont watch the first anime you get just because "it looks good" or the popular ones, those tend to be shitty ones.

It's sad to say that the capeshit that came "closer" to this is Batman TAS.

>Anime is like the same 20 stories repeated over and over.
Not true at all--what you're seeing is genre conventions tropes---and yes, most animes are extremely bad at it.

Watch Kite---this shit had me very involved with everything---the drawing talent, the feels, the original soundtrack, the story...

Anyway, I hate most anime anyway, and worse I hate weebs who just consume anime and don't actually know when anything is good or not.

Attached: kite-210.jpg (366x550, 76K)

>spics enjoy literal shit
Go figure.

>Tree of Might
>Low Tier

Other than that, I'm ok with this

Was digital animation the worst thing to happen to the anime industry?

Attached: 1534675995318.jpg (960x720, 105K)

>Still no dub

Attached: 155829.jpg (1500x1221, 224K)

GT is good.

Attached: super-baby-vegeta-gt-1118397-1280x0.jpg (1280x704, 83K)

Overrated arc, frieza arc was the peak of DBZ and everything after was shit.

Attached: 1526097473026.gif (500x700, 970K)

GT is better than Super, but by no means good.

Attached: VegetaS3.png (476x359, 258K)

>Broly and Bardock
>Mid tier

Are you fucking kidding? Bardock and History of Trunks were the two best things about DBZ, and the Broly movie is by far the most famous, fuck, Broly became one of it's most iconic characters despite not being canon. And Super Broly was fucking awful, shit OST, Frieza being involved for no reason, random alien side-stories, just a desperate cash-in on the creator's part.

0/10 list user

This, goku becoming the saiyan of legend and dying on namek a hero was the perfect end but raughing just couldn't ignore the fact that he was making big bucks off DB and had to ruin it.

The most kino piece of media to come out in the last 5 years.
Hollywood will never even get close to this level of kino

Attached: EnterTheHero.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Dead Zone was OK, Cooler and Broly should both be God Tier films though, and I'd move all Super-related films to shit tier for their ugly animation, ear-raping soundtracks and nonsense storylines.

Undoubtedly.

One of my favorite scenes. We have to remember that as this point in the series Gohan was still widely thought to have been the strongest fighter.

youtube.com/watch?v=DHZLoBGXCq0

Honestly it was a smart move on his behalf, db brings in fuck tons of cash every year.

anime then vs anime now

That scene is not special or memorable at all...

Anime legitimately has higher highs than capeshit. It's interesting that capeshit is as mainstream as it gets but anime has yet to catch up in terms of popularity.

Attached: krillin.png (429x511, 353K)

Take it to paco

Shounen tards haven't seen it.

Was this scene kino?

Attached: 0UipkVm.jpg (1440x810, 189K)

But it is. It was first time since after defeating Cell 7 years prior that Gohan displayed his real power.

Like I mentioned before he was also considered by the fanbase to be the strongest fighter at this point in time.

I got a special and memorable scene for you
youtube.com/watch?v=MaWBzoZBML4

Attached: 1466483056395.jpg (1106x749, 263K)

>it's another boomers rant about muh OG dbz and complain about super
Can't get anymore cringe than this.

I agree. I feel like Ping Pong is just as good as The Wire, Breaking Bad, LOST, etc, all of the "best" American live-action Hollywood shows.

Attached: 1473869640742.png (1226x2167, 3.05M)

I loved how they got animators who can emulate the older style for the broly movie, too bad we'll be stuck with yamamuro again if he anime ever comes back.

Attached: 1548976621472.jpg (1900x1079, 772K)

Posting anime on Yea Forums is cringe enough.

I get that many people don't like Super. There's been many things wrong with it.
But I still think that the last chapter was great. Seeing Goku, 17 and Frieza fighting together is unexpected and great. The animation was great. Some little details were great, such as Vegeta and Krillin's reaction at Frieza playing ball, or when Goku alternates between base and ss because he was spent. It also provided Jiren character growth, the music was great and in charge of one of the most well-known anison singers, the emotional moments right on key.
The last few chapters of super weren't bad by any shounen standard. In fact they were pretty good. I was bored through most of Super, but those last chapters I felt the same rush from earlier days. Too bad that they took so long to get there, I hope they learn their lessons for the next arc.

They fucking better no roll back on the Broly artstyle

Attached: 067-6.jpg (1920x1080, 232K)

This is pitiful.

so do they fuck or what?

modern anime was a mistake

Attached: otakus.gif (410x230, 1.93M)

>tfw no high test but still oddly feminine saiyan gf

Attached: sou.png (852x504, 312K)

That's cause toei realized people like good production, hopefully they've learned something from this.

I very much consider enjoying GS to be an indicator of low IQ.

No. He promises to be on her side forever, and then goes to try to kill the titan that's on the verge of killing them.
youtu.be/uuecmtqXwf0

Black was great you faggot.

GT is a fun yet flawed alternate ending that, while not canon, gives the franchise an incredibly satisfying and definitive finale. I think that every DB fan should watch it at least once if just for the closure it can give to a franchise that is destined to go on for eternity

Attached: shot20-large (1).jpg (512x384, 77K)

This type of horse shit and the more upbeat, kiddy attitude of Super as a whole is why I stopped watching.

Not My Dragonball

shit adaptations is probably the biggest obstacle

>doesn't like kiddy shit
>watches an anime for kids

Fuck off Pablo

Attached: gogublack.jpg (567x617, 37K)

I love you can tell the Z babies apart from OGbros (real fans) immediately

wow, what a fag.

You forgot Elder God Tier: Yu Yu Hakusho. A much better series than DBZ. Except the 4th season, that was pretty shit.

>WAH! muh edgy db! muh violence!
Grow the fuck up you boomer retard.

>le spic meme
Concession accepted.

Gohan killing Cell IS among the best, if not the best moment in the franchise, if gauging purely by emotional impact, for a lot of people. In a show of pure hype it's the hypest. Also, DB definitely isn't better than DBZ.

You only smugly say otherwise because you're an insufferable, elitist, contrarian faggot just like every other Yea Forumsutist. No wonder why everyone hates that board.

Post more Shounenkino
youtube.com/watch?v=OtR5RfRpWh4

Attached: Younger_Toguro.jpg (1280x960, 299K)

Pic related: soul

Attached: 1551905886787~2.png (1101x1541, 1.63M)

Based.

Attached: Younger_Toguro_at_120%.png (640x480, 413K)

Post soul

Attached: [2018.08.12_01.24.03].jpg (1432x1080, 296K)

I usually hate dubs cause of how poorly they're done but holy fuck dameon clarke always nails it with his roles.

oh please. the namek saga was the height of DBZ.

That I could agree with.
I'd advice to skip the whole android arc, though.

He just powers up, it's nothing special at all.

>I got a special and memorable scene for you
I do not like that scene mister (I don't know what the hell the writers of the show were thinking).

Anyway, here is one scene that I actually like and remember:
youtube.com/watch?v=dKgOXr2nsao

Attached: ce0a3556c7b91edb0d4e73c4d68960fbb48f9105_hq.jpg (480x946, 82K)

>yfw Goku's unfathomable dissappoint when Frieza doesn't take his second chance at life given by Goku and so he puts him down like the dog he is

this. its great. especially the goodbyes goku has with krilin, piccolo and Vegeta. its poignant and appropriate.

The filler is gold too. Vegeta shaving his moostache is the best.

Attached: 0060.webm (640x480, 1.46M)

Talk about anime with epic moments...

>a-all anime's for kids!
>if you like a show exclusively about super-powered alien violence carried out by the last of a dead race of savages to have any darker or more serious themes you're le edgy5me!!

lol you faggots really butter my biscuit

Attached: 1520377980642.jpg (278x324, 87K)

is it seriously the same faggot posting this gohan scene every day? fuck off

DB is not only better overall story wise but we constantly get to see Bulma's goods.

As an overall arc, yes, but I said MOMENT

I don't think all anime is for kids, but Dragonball certainly is.

>a-all anime's for kids!
It is not.
However Dragonball is actually made FOR CHILDREN.

That's the problem with Z. It didn't give closure. They defeated the big bad and all, but it ended almost immediately out of nowhere.

id say Goku turning super saiyan for the first time was a pretty huge moment. Goku avenging Vegeta after he dies is also a pretty huge moment.

Dragon Ball at it's core is supposed to be lighthearted and fun. Only a true fag would dismiss Super for preserving ideals that the series has always been rooted in. If anything Z is the black sheep for straying away from the fun stuff for such long periods at a time.

Attached: Screenshot_20190306-171839.png (2048x1194, 1.98M)

No it's not, it's an asspull of colossal proportions overhyped by gohan fanboys cause it's his only claime to fame before getting exposed as the jobber he truly was all along in buu arc.

My only beef with Super about it is that they took it too far. Like Goku not knowing what a kiss is.
I know it's a minor thing, but still.

Attached: dbs1.webm (720x405, 1.79M)

yeah because capeshit is better than discount weebshit

>superfags revising history to defend their shitshow
You're the fucking worst fan base in the world. Go watch the Demon king Piccolo saga newfag.

That's just poor character writing

>>you fucking faggots

>Only a true fag would dismiss Super for preserving ideals that the series has always been rooted in
Yeah but I'm sure if DB was missing it's visual style like Super, a lot of those "fun" moments would be lost in translation.

Attached: DBCBR01.jpg (640x480, 54K)

has there ever been a more disappointing character than Gohan?

that's not good

>le super has bad animation maymay
Yeah I can do that too.

Attached: DUDEANIMATION.gif (456x260, 3.75M)

Goten and trunks.

Fuckin boomers

Attached: 6C348680-4702-45F7-9A9E-4182FDCA2178.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

The difference is that you have to cherrypick the bad animation in Z. In Super, you have to cherrypick the good animation.

Goten never had any real expectations put on him though, and he didn't have multiple seasons of build up that lead to a colossal failure.

>big yellow and red guy who absorbs damage
why is Super so derivative of it's own series?

Attached: DBZTWS01.webm (600x338, 1.94M)

I'd argue it's mainly aimed at kids, definitely, but that doesn't mean it isn't entirely appropriate and even enriching for the show to have darker themes, like I said.

Take Vegeta, for example. Would he be nearly as beloved if he was always just the "lovable old grump" he is in Super and didn't go through some real, painful character development throughout Z? Especially in the Buu saga. His poignant statement about the meaning of his personal strength or his sacrifice for his family or his ultimate acceptance of the Goku's superiority (which Super seems to have just forgotten about)? That's the kind of shit that makes people really love characters and get emotionally invested in their struggles. Super doesn't have that.

This looks so bad

DRAGON SOUL

No, he's easily gotten cucked the hardest by toriyama.

Z's quality issues are so few and far between, relatively speaking. Super would have a 20 episode run of QUALITY and you'd just have to put up with it.
Not to mention the fact that you also have to deal with some of the worst designs put to anime period.

Attached: jiren.png (288x480, 56K)

They were literally relying on goten and trunks to fuse in order to stop buu.

God he was such a shit character.

>putting this much thought into a cartoon for children

>scenes women will never understand

youtube.com/watch?v=ybmN6QF9fxA

Attached: 1532382978165.jpg (447x700, 155K)

I literally don't care. Your show is about shirtless dudes glowing and yelling at each other, it's not serious shit.

He's literally a mediocre Toguro clone

Attached: 010.jpg (768x576, 85K)

That's what happens when you leave toei in charge of reading toriyamas napkin notes from the bar.

That's not even that bad

I fail to see what's wrong with this

>dbz is for children
>the cartoon that got put on blast 20 years ago for being way too violent for kids to watch
found the boomer/zoomer

Even if that was true he still does the designs for super which are trash cause he can't draw anymore.

Attached: Super_Saiyan_God_SS_toriyama_art.png (238x400, 116K)

The Broly movie pretty much confirmede that only U6 saiyans are sticks, and that U7 are big.

Attached: 1546920590378.png (1265x705, 839K)

>losing argument
>"pfft I don't care anyway"

mmk bud

>make the bad guy take over Vegeta
>do nothing with it except give him the big monkey transformation
>in the end, it was all just an excuse to have Goku retain the spotlight

Attached: 1542174934860.jpg (754x912, 287K)

>the cartoon that got put on blast 20 years ago for being way too violent for kids to watch
In America. Which means nothing. It was still produced FOR CHILDREN.

Kid Goku is wayyy to funny.

>There's blood so it's mature

Attached: anime_cringe.gif (300x169, 1.2M)

Super has bad animation all the time
That's the difference, sperg

america is where it got lambasted the hardest, you think the japs gave a fuck about violence?

how do I get trunks super saiyan hair?
All transformations

Attached: 1523366287953.jpg (363x507, 27K)

>Z's quality issues are so few and far between
That's because Super episodes have way more action.
Z was wayyy slower, had entire episodes where characters barely exchanged hits, and in DBS even the filler has action scenes, where as in Z most of the filler was non-fighting stuff.
That allowed the artists time to make the proper scenes, but it also meant the plot advanced at a snail's pace.

They must have done that on purpose---that character is drawn bland, is a bland colour, and is the blandest antogonist in all of dragon ball universe.

I don't understand your point.
Are you agreeing with me that DBZ is for children?

Yeah, it's huge over there

Yikes.

Toei is shit at adaptation, just accept it and move on.

don't ever post weebshit on my board again fucker

>something primarily made for children can't have themes adults can appreciate in a variety of ways, especially adults who grew up absorbing it as children

commit die my dude

im saying that americans thought it was not a childrens show 20 years ago.

>The difference is that you have to cherrypick the bad animation in Z.
Then how come people always post the same 10 sequences out of a 300 episode anime?

That's the thing about Z.
Sure, you can't say it's badly animated, but that's because there's episodes where 90% of the time is characters just standing still or just moving slowly.
The Majin Buu vs Vegito fight is about 40 minutes long, and it's pretty much always them fighting for 30 seconds and then back to trash talking about another 5 minutes.

Its the Anime fanbase. No one wants to associate themselves with 40 year old looking anti-socials who are trying to be cute.

welcome back, hero

youtube.com/watch?v=78hCTqTkZMk

Doesn't get any more kino than this.

Attached: full metal.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Maybe adults shouldn't be watching cartoons.
Or superhero movies either.

cope harder superkek

My favorite scene in the whole show. Pure feels kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=8i93vXUKqnI

You kidding me? If when Captain Marvel finally was allowed to use her powers and I'm just a girl came on didn't cause you to hold your daughter up in the theater and cheer then you have been watching Marvel movies wrong my dude

Americans are really really dumb tho. This is not news.
No one is saying that. What we are saying is Dragonball is for children.
Also other kiddy anime does mature themes better than Dragonball.
Precure gets into way deeper shit and is the only anime Toei still gives a fuck about.

Can someone translate millennial ebonics into english, please?

>coming from superzoomer pedro blanco
wewest of wews

Wow, what a complete retarded post

Exactly, only millennials speak millennial.

no habla pedrita

t. boomer

I unironically believe there's no fanbase as autismal as Dragon Ball's.
Toriyama is a goofy autistic bastard who makes shit up as he goes and most of the choices he makes are based around "how can I make this so I have to put the least amount of effort as possible".

And yet you have the DB fanbase arguing about power levels, calculating numbers, talking about "transformations" that are barely canon, appeared for a split second or they are even animation errors, thinking that Toriyama thought all of this.
And the writing itself isn't that good either, it's either stupid goofy shit or it goes all the way back to being borderline edgy just based on how Toriyama felt the day he wrote that.
Toriyama himself said that he doesn't take the story of Dragon Ball seriously and that anyone who finds any deeper meaning must be out of his mind.

So, why do DB fans keep acting as if Toriyama is Tolkien, and that he autistically takes into account every single detail part of the franchise?

Attached: 1532352564393.jpg (407x428, 20K)

I'm sorry, I don't speak in USA either.

you have to understand that DBZ is just man kino in cartoon form, its understandable that women and soibois won't know whats going on or why its so good.

It was terrible in that people used digital animation to cut corners, and now that corner cutting is the standard to be cost effective. If given the same amount of man hours, it probably would look just as good if not better than traditional.

>you're an adult! you're seriously watching things mostly just made as imaginative spectacle and aren't exclusively absorbing historical drama and the news?! FOR SHAME!!

lol fuck you dude

Well no shit pedrosa

*blocks your path*

youtube.com/watch?v=KdFwQkOC7a0

Attached: guren.gif (268x199, 723K)

youtu.be/ZPl5LF7npoU

GOAT shounen scene for me, never will get this level of emotion with a dub ever again

What kino, what the fuck are you talking about?
Ever since the Tien arc Dragon Ball has been the exact same thing over and over again.

>bad guy appears
>bad guy beats the good guys
>Goku gets angry
>bad guy maybe transforms
>so does Goku
>Goku wins
>Vegeta jobs at certain points and is mad about how Goku didn't job as miserably as him

The only time this didn't happen was when Gohan took Goku's spot in the Cell saga.

Attached: 1540484566458.gif (250x231, 875K)

I'm sorry, but he's correct.

Only normie faggots think DBZ is better than DB.

Therefore, you are a normie faggot.

At least you avoided having to form an argument, m*llennial.

I felt nothing while watching DBZ. In hindsight, I'm not sure why I watched it.

Dragon Ball was a real adventure, not the 10 minutes screams and 50 minute punch/lazer matches that fill up entire arcs.

I love Dragon Ball, but you are right about many of the fans.
Although I despise as much those who nitpick every continuity error in Super, as if that wasn't ALWAYS an issue, and as if it was important to begin with.
Dragon Ball is about having fun, not about great (or even competent at that) storytelling. If your autism is triggered every single time there's a contradiction with something the guy wrote more than 30 years ago and completely forgot about then why the fuck are you watching it to begin with.

you obviously don't understand the point of watching DBZ if thats what you took away from it. have you ever played a contact sport? people who have never played contact sports will have a difficult time appreciating DBZ.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Only autistic faggots think DB is better than DBZ.

Therefore, you are an autistic faggot.

You are a zooming pedrone, that's all that needs to be said.

>Only normie faggots think DBZ is better than DB
This. Exactly. DBZ was animated fake-wrestling pleb-tier garbage.

No, it's just you can't argue for shit, m*llennial.
How does it feel to be in your 30s and still watching cartoons?

Its just nostalgia.

Holy shit, I remember you. You're a sperg. Imagine being in your prime and defending super all day everyday from any form of criticism.

That's definitely better than what the other user posted. Not great, but better by a margin. I think you're blind my dude.

Super looks shit because it's made on the cheap you idiot

Supposedly the guy who did Yusuke was the director for the dub and was way into YYH and put in an assload of work to make sure it was good compared to most dubs which are just sort of cranked out without as much effort put into it

They also re-wrote and re-arranged a lot of the dialogue to make it sound more natural in English, which is something I'm completely fine with

>you obviously don't understand the point of watching DBZ
yOu oBvIoUsLy dOnT UnDeRsTanD ThE PoInT Of wAtChInG DBZ

Google an image of sarcastic spongebob yourself because I can't be arsed to do it myself

DBS has most of the same animators that worked on Z.
Hell, the lead animator is the best animator DBZ had, Yamamuro.
It's just DBS barely had any filler.

Not like nuYamamuro's style helped.
Thankfully, that has-been has been kicked out.

The only problem with the original Broly Movie is that Broly has literally no reason to fight.

Holy shit Yea Forums really is full of spics, huh? Are there any white people left on Yea Forums?

No, but I trained in hand to hand combat when I was in the military.
I have no idea why anyone would appreciate DB more considering it has pretty much nothing to do with real life combat.
Real life fights end quickly and with a few decisive strikes.
And that's only a last resort.

I wish. Yea Forums is overrun with third worlders and shonenfags now. There's a Boruto thread up every day along with a MHA and DBS thread.

silence millennial

Is DBZ popular among brown people?

No?
I'm just explaining the tricks Z used to have properly animated fights.
The animators themselves explained that the way they dragged everything on while nothing happened was the way animators had time to animate other fights properly.

thats training to kill though, contact sports teach you how to be violent and aggressive in a controlled manner.

100% serious vs just playing sports and having some fun

>Jap fighting games will never have kino stories

Attached: 3545119D-3D64-49BF-B030-C5235FBE4BCA.gif (455x262, 3.6M)

Brown people are literally the only audience of shonenshit.

ajajajajaj ok damage controller
go live your life, this is a thread about Z

Dragon Balls, escaping the after life which is also a great training ground and where Goku learned Spirit Bomb, also plot armor. Watching a show for children and retarded minorities is max cringe.

Why couldn't they just give Simon and Nia a happy ending? I'll be mad about it 'til the end of time.

You only like DBZ more because you saw it first, dumbass.

They do not fight to the death in Dragon Ball?
They are not usually bound by any rules and they use anything they can to kill the enemy, even if it's dirty.
In that regard it is similar to real fights.

You only like DB more because you're a contrarian, faggot.

Z has no soul, only flashy lights.

Attached: 1529326969849.webm (512x384, 2.82M)

The problem is that Toei, as usual, couldn't be bothered to pay for good animation.
Back in the first season there were even tweets from guys in the staff saying that they were only a few and that they were overworked.
It was when they did the committee a little bit before Zamasu's arc with Toriyama, Toyotaro and Shounen Jump involved, together with Shounen Jump's own funding, that the animation improved significantly, the amount of well-animated fights was immensely increased and they finally did it the way they should always have.
That and the fact that the first two seasons were adaptations of the movies alienated many fans from the anime, many of them won't even accept that it really improved as time went by.

Attached: 02849C57-7C2A-414A-8EC6-7E0B5A8BD9A4.jpg (887x624, 327K)

>Toei, as usual, couldn't be bothered to pay for good animation
This is a meme. They pay for good Precure animation.

First, being able to list what happens isnt a sign that its bad.
Second, its wrong
Goku didnt beat Piccolo jnr by getting angry, it was just a tournament
Goku didnt beat Raditz by getting angry he sacrificed himself
Even after rage powerups Goku lost, and only beat Vegeta with a combo of spirit bomb Yajirobe bullshit and Gohans Great Ape transformation
The Freeza arc fits it perfectly, sure, but you have to ignore everything that came before, the hunt for the namekian dragon balls, the Ginyu Force
We can ignore Garlic Jnr i guess
Android Arc GOKU NEVER FIGHTS THEM
Its a game of cat and mouse solved by Cell coming in.
Then the Cell saga.
Then Buu was beaten by the spirit bomb

Like you're missing out on so much. Whats the point of even watching shit if you just reduce it down to incorrect details.

That was pointless because after that they went full retard and made the ToP, an arc where even the filler was just constant fighting, which made the extra effort pointless.

I hate to say it, but there were spics in Yea Forums since you were in diapers.

>tfw I get teary eyed each time I watch this
It hurts bros

>biggest, most emotional moment Vegeta had
>it's just him jobbing massively
I think Toriyama just wanted to troll Vegeta fans with this.

>posts a flashy fight
cool scene though

I don't see them charging up pointless auras, or spamming energy balls or anything.
It's all just regular fighting and a Kamehameha to finish him off.

>Namek saga Goku
>Cell saga Gohan
>Buu saga Vegeta
>"Z has no soul"

wew lad

Still get goosebumps to this fucking day. The original funamation dub absolutely nailed this scene

>....VEGETA?!
>NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!!!

Attached: 1550383923560.jpg (534x488, 250K)

>muh contrarian boogeyman
You fucking retard

Buu?
The Buu saga was a parody of what Dragon Ball had become.
The entire arc was just every Z fighter getting a brand new transformation and then Buu out-transforming them endlessly.
Gotenks, Majin Vegeta, Super Saiyan 3, Ultimate Gohan, Vegito, it felt like Toriyama went full retard with the formula.

Fuck off stink weeb

>hurr muh generic epic trope moments
No thanks.

Attached: 1540591627642.webm (720x480, 2.93M)

Look, i can agree with that, though i didnt mind alot of those. Majin Vegeta was kino, Ultimate Gohan was kinda interesting, especially how he failed. Vegito was wasted potential and Gotenks is a travesty.

Attached: 01283C30-6FEF-4A96-B840-3946FC51643A.jpg (1920x1080, 1.01M)

youtu.be/w50zQ67D6wY

Seriously, post a more hype theme in any other form of entertainment

Protip: you can't

>watching anime
Have sex.

Monster is weird. There's some really boring parts and the overarching plot is kind of dumb but I really like all the little side stories and tangents they go off on.

Buu saga was when I realized I really don't like this fucking franchise. Maybe people are masochists or something, but I got no joy out of watching a group of people jobbing to one guy for some 60 episodes. When they finally killed Buu the only thing I felt was relief over the fact that it was fucking finally OVER.

The only reason I even watched Super was because a friend kept bugging me about it and I decided to drop it after the Zamasu arc because if I have to sit through fucking 70~ of tourneyshit (he calls it a "royal rumble" but I don't give a fuck), I'm gonna go fucking berserk.

>muh uncultured plebian
You fucking faggot

>moments of amazing hype and passion aren't worth liking someone over something else that doesn't

Pathetic.

No because piccolo told him before it happened that he wouldn't be coming back

>DBZ
>culture
Thanks for making me laugh.

I'm no longer mad.

If you don't think Majin Vegeta was soulful then you dont know what soul is

No because they don't feel genuine.
The writing of Z feels as something that Toriyama didn't want to make.

They should have ended the entire medium with this

"People who prefer DBZ are uncultered" is exactly what I was saying you said.
Thanks for simultaneously proving my point and showing your lack of reading comprehension.

I'm laughing.

Which proved to be bullshit, both him and Goku got revived even though it was supposed to be impossible.

Black was a cool idea with a nice costume, but the execution was completely botched
It's like they wanted Goku to have an evil twin, but couldn't think of a good backstory or personality for him to have, so they come up with this convoluted backstory all to explain that he's an asshole who wants to kill everyone because he's evil. If he had at least been the result of Zamasu taking over future Goten's body, that could have been interesting

If you thought shit like Vegeta's "meaningless strength" speech or Goku's rage after Krillin's murder or Gohan's release as he finally killed an incredulous Cell didn't feel genuine, you might want to get checked for autism.

>The animation was great.
No it was awful. It's the laziest I've ever seen. They traced old poses from DBZ, added some effects and called it animation.
>Frieza
No user. This is when you know the writers are too incompetent to come up with a new villain that's up to the standards set by Frieza. They are relying on nostalgia of an old character to win you over instead of good writing.

These are the only English dubs that I actually prefer over the Japanese. So good

>Goku's rage after Krillin's murder
You mean the overly complicated excuse Toriyama used so that he wouldn't have to ink Goku's hair so much?
That's what i'm talking about, it just feels like Toriyama gave up after the Tien arc and just kept doing it for the money.

I liked this mini tournament arc. It made me miss DB and the fighters showing off how powerful they are to normies.

>DB fans
>haven't watched GT
Are these the same people who say DBS is great and GT is shit? Is this the state of this website?

Thanks doc

No it didn't.
The whole "Goku lives on forever with Shenron" was genuinely stupid.
DBZ's ending was much better.
Then again, I can't expect any form of competent writing from Toei.

But the reason why DBS is garbage is because it's written by Toei, the same ones who made GT.

Z is where it ended, it didn't need anything else.
GT and DBS were both soulless attempts to cash in on the franchise.
Both of which failed, of course.

If you can't appreciate that a simple ink shortage led to maybe the hypest moment in cartoon history, again, get checked for the 'tism. Serendipitous stuff like that has happened plenty across all artistic mediums. Artist has some limitation so they find some seemingly arbitrary workaround and it ends up being an awesome staple of their work and legacy. The reason for it coming into being in the first place doesn't matter. And again, if you think those moments don't feel genuine...

The hypest?
No one remembers that moment specifically.
Everytime someone mentions "hype" moments they mention Gohan going SSJ2, Gohan killing Cell or Goku going SSJ3.
No one mentions Goku going SSJ for the first time because the scene just wasn't that hype and wasn't handled particularly well either in the manga or the comic.

>like obama just got elected
only niggers like you cared about that

Should've gone for the head :^)
*snab*

good, Yea Forums deserves nothing but ruin. I even go bump boruto threads just to make sure it happens.

the dragon ball franchise made over $1b last fiscal year, id hardly call that a failure

Buu should've died and Gohan and the kids should've gotten their own arc to end Z.

Not DB as a whole, just GT and Super.
They are the embodiment of creative bankrupcy.
So little artistic merit that the moment the numbers weren't adding up they both got inmediatly canned.

I was in the TV room at the Boys and Girls club watching with a room full of other boys from my school and all of us flipped shit when that moment happened. Maybe you didn't watch it when it first aired on Toonami or you were too old to care at the time or I don't know what, but myself and plenty of other people went crazy for it.

cope

No capeshit makes adults or children attempt Super Saiyan in real life or practice the Kamehameha Wave.

Hell, Capeshit never really penetrated outside America like anime did.

Latin America had Saint Seiya and Captain Tsubasa and didn't care about Superman.

I'm a DBZ fan but I only watched up until the end of cell. Buu just was such a gay ass villain and Hercule wasn't funny I could no longer care for the cast.

I saw the Maijin Vegeta fight and Vegeta's sacrifice but past that I doubt there were enough good moments.

Vegeta Arc - Frieza - and Cell arc all had some good moments.

The parts where Goku is an adult but they haven't revealed he is an alien are my favorite

>H-haha this show from nearly 20 years ago sometimes almost looks as bad as this modern one!
What was your argument again?

>No one mentions Goku going SSJ for the first time because the scene just wasn't that hype and wasn't handled particularly well either in the manga or the comic.
What? The entire Frieza arc was dropping hints at the Super Saiyan transformation and hyping up Goku's arrival. The build up was there and so was the eventual climax.
>they mention Gohan going SSJ2, Gohan killing Cell or Goku going SSJ3.
These moments garnered more hype because they were unexpected plot twists. Nobody expected Gohan to actually ascend to SSJ2, let alone kill Cell. Nobody expected an SSJ3 transformation either. That was a complete surprise.
>No one remembers that moment specifically.
Of course they do. It was just already expected. The conditions were made that Frieza couldn't lose to anything but a Super Saiyan and so of course it had to be none other than Goku to do it.

>Yea Forums has pleb taste in weebshit
Y'all motherfuckers need to watch better anime. DBZ is like the ground floor man.

Name manga that beats Watchmen, Mitacleman and Animalman at what they did.

Attached: 1469147962055s.jpg (125x121, 3K)

Attached: 1540092074155.webm (892x480, 2.29M)

I wonder how many people would be posting in this thread if south america got rangebanned.

Be gone, Yea Forumsutist.

>implying
Yea Forums is filled with retarded moeshitters and shonenfags, which are two other types of anime that are generally shit.

That's not healthy, just because they called you entry level doesn't mean you need to hold a grudge.

>nostalgiafagging over the shonen that ruined the entire genre
Oh no no no no.

It's the hypest moment in the entire franchise.

>I'm..going to make you..SUFFER!

glad some people still have taste

Bitch, DBZ didn't ruin shonen, it's the quintessential shonen.

This. I imagined saying that to the drug dealers in my favela and it got me so pumped!

It's the one that introduced the trop of asspulling transformations to win.

This is actually drawn well and fully choreographed. The lines are proportioned for each frame. The movement is nice and clear. Sure there aren't a lot of frames, but that's unnecessary for a quick action shot like this.
This in comparison is badly drawn and lazy. It's almost like there was a different artist who drew each frame, none of which were able to capture Goku's likeness. Their line quality is terrible with no sense for rhythm. The punching animations resemble nothing like an actual punch.

As opposed to asspulling some new "SECRET TECHNIQUE!!" to win like it's been since forever before?

Coming up with new techniques makes sense, yes.
Not haircuts.

>you will never have a crowd of people cheer so loudly and enthusiastically for you or something you created

Attached: 1550182807428.png (1280x715, 782K)

>no genkai, but it would have been a beautiful life

Attached: 1549585726858.jpg (500x588, 35K)

Overall Kenshin is mediocre but the Shishio arc is absolute kino.

Attached: Shishio_attack.jpg (419x443, 35K)