"You don't believe we went to the Moon?"

youtube.com/watch?v=MpKUBHz6MB4

>"You don't believe we went to the Moon?"
>"I believe it was a brilliant piece of propaganda, that the Soviets bankrupted themselves, pouring resources into rockets and other useless machines..."
>"Useless machines?"
>"And if we don't want to repeat of the excess and wastefulness of the 20th Century then we need to teach our kids about this planet, not tales of leaving it."

What was Nolan trying to sneak in with this?

Attached: Interstellar (2014).mkv_snapshot_00.12.18_[2019.03.11_21.33.02].jpg (406x500, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8soyuW0nrlg
nasa.gov/centers/glenn/technology/warp/warp.html
youtube.com/watch?v=oD2u6gjr10E&t=
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Women are stupid

Bravo Nolan

nolan must have been yuripilled

Attached: Yuri1.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Nolan is a film or two away from getting Kubricked

Every wonder why there is so much illuminati shit in movies? They put it in plain view and nobody takes it seriously

god the extended time Matthew takes to say his line and think about her massive bullshit is such kino character acting

There is no Illuminati shit to take seriously because the Illuminati did not exist beyond the briefest moment in time
You most likely are talking about the Free Masons but that is an entirely different thing

Checked, but I didn't mean illuminati as in an actual organization I just meant it as the conspiritorial organization typically regarded as behind the scenes

Nothing. He was deliberately criticizing conspiracy theorists as part of an ideology of fatalism that accepted human failure as eternal to excuse their personal failings. Interstellar was meant to point man towards the stars again, and depict giving up on space travel as accepting extinction

So roughly the powers that be?
If so I am legitimately curious, what can be gathered by the messaging they use? About said power

I cried on this scene.

>that final scene cutting away letting you know he woke up from the dream
kino

>we needed a space race in order to make communists waste their money

Attached: 1550921692194.jpg (523x521, 121K)

Read and listen to Jay Dyer.

she's right, you know

Well they're right. Space is useless.

We will never have the tech to achieve anything of significance in space, because we cant FTL since its impossible to harness that level of energy (which by the way, is literally infinite).

The local planets dont have resources we dont already have on earth, in fact beyond getting sustainable water, food and energy we dont need anything else, and we can achieve all of that on earth easier than going into space and trying to create any of it.

space travel beyond the moon is brainlet tier, the logistics of it without some form of really fast scifi travel are incomprehensible, maybe mars is doable but that's a huge maybe

but what about extinction when the sun grows?

>Super genius and best pilot ever
>Writes his 8's like little snowmen.

Over five hundred millions years from now, it is more likely humanity will be extinct.

Im not saying space technology development is useless, but the priority should be spending resources on making earth self sufficient first. Renewable/Clean energy, sustainable food to population growth and sustainable water. Once we get that achieved then we can spend time and energy on space travel.

Manned missions to the moon seem reasonably fairytalish at the point in time, but why didn't the russians say shit?
Was it because they were making bullshit up, both sides were getting orders from above, or no one actually gave a shit what the russians said during the cold war?
I remember there being intense skepticism from the american public itself back when this happened. I expected a least a little of a mirror from russia.

>space is useless
>we will never have
>its impossible
>we don't need

You know user, we don't need to do much of anything if you take a reductionist view.
Have you ever considered that not everyone is as boring as you and maybe we just think it would be fucking rad to go to space?

Because the Russians knew it was possible and denying it was achievable would be stupid.
>Look how stupid Americans are, they think water is wet!
>Water is wet!
>Oh noes! The soviet block fell!

Fucking this. I don't know why this is so difficult for people to understand.

>*smacks lips*
>AYO
>*sucks teeth*
>me thinks we should finna be taking care of brothas and sistas before whitey’s crazy-ass space shit

It would be rad to blow the planet up too and watch it from the moon that doesnt mean its a good idea.

Also you literally cant refute the fundamental fact that yes, space is useless, and yes, FTL travel IS literally impossible. That is a 100% provable fact because we already know that as you approach the speed of light you need more and more energy to the point where the energy required is literally infinite.

It was against conspiracy theorists it was against revisionist history.

t. telsa shareholders

Well it was quite possible to fling a probe around the Moon and have it come back and broadcast telemetry while it's doing so.
That's something Russians could keep an eye on and track.
Meanwhile you film all the Moon stuff in a studio and pretend they landed back on Earth.

Well you see user its this type of thinking that the movie is explicitly criticizing. Because you would not only settle for what more primitive people accomplished, you would deny their accomplishments outright. Space travel beyond the moon has been literally possible since the 70s moron. The problem is the acceptable conditions of such travel

This was legitimately the best scene in that whole fucking movie. It would be a 10/10 scene if that black dude was actually LeVar Burton instead of just a guy trying to look like him.

Can't wait for the revisionist post to correct this ones retardation

There is also the fundamental fact you are limiting your level of understanding.

What a shit scene.

A MRI is a practical machine with uses on earth. Spending a fortune in time and money to get to a worse rock than earth is retarded.

Also, the whole premise of the movie is retarded.
>A magical diseases kills off ALL edible plant life across all species with not a single fucking one having mutant genetic information protecting it
Literally impossible, do you know how much variety plant life has? Its fucking impossible to even calculate because every single individual plant will have minor mutations in its code. We cant even kill off mosquitoes if we wanted because even if you killed 99% that 1% would grow back to the 99%.

Life is tough as fuck and it is obvious that it would have to be tough as fuck to survive what it has. Millions of years of life on earth and its survived everything the universe threw at it. Until earth literally collapses in on itself or is burned away by the sun it will be tough.

>it is physically impossible to send an object into space
>WELL THERS NO FUGGAN WAY HUMANS WILL EVER BE ABLE TO FLY!! ZEUS WILL STRIKE THEM DOWN
>Rail travel at high speed is not possible because passengers, unable to breathe, would die of asphyxia
>GRUG NEVER HAVE ROCK SHAPE TO ROLL: ROCK CANT ROLL

I mean like you never know, the crazy shit thats right around the corner.

Attached: 1547511992770.jpg (750x563, 66K)

Except I have literally limited nothing. You're confusing travel to research.

Its not to be unsuspected from someone who buys into the Tesla tier shilling of morons selling dreams which are unrealistic. I dont blame you for being stupid im just glad none of us will suffer its consequences.

>LeVar Burton
Literally can't read this name without watching this anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=8soyuW0nrlg
>DON'T RAINBOW READ ME NIGGA

You don't think focusing on space travel now would awaken some kind of positive energy in people and actually make it so things get improved on earth even faster?

You created arguments no one ever used to try and refute a literal fact stated by NASA? You have the IQ of a goldfish.

Go educate yourself on FTL, it is LITERALLY impossible. This isnt debatable, you need to achieve infinite energy to achieve FTL travel. Thats a scientific fact.

You almost sound as pathetic as a commie with how little you understand economies and how market efficiency works

Ryugu is an asteroid that comes within 0.0006 AU of Earth and it has an estimated value of 82.76 billion. Anteros would be worth $5,570,000,000,000.
There's nothing of value in space except for a practically never ending supply of rare metals.
>inb4 "but they're too hard to mine"
Moving goalposts. If they're too hard to mine, then that admits they're valuable, and that research into mining them, A.K.A, research into space exploration, is worthwhile.

based see you in 100 years in space friend

No because the truth always comes out and the truth is space is not useful.

Literally taken from NASA, space is worthless.

600 million years from now the Earth will be uninhabitable to humans. All plant life, all trees, all flowers, grasslands, will die off, not at once, but over millions of years as the Earth heats up from increased solar luminosity leading to increased chemical weathering and reduction of atmospheric CO2 to the point where plants simply cannot survive.

600 million years isn't even that far off from now, the Earth is 4.6 billion years old. Might seem like a long time, far off into the future, but the first complex lifeforms on Earth didn't appear until around 550 million years ago, 80% of Earth history lacks complex life forms.

The Earth itself will eventually be enveloped by the red giant that our Sun will become as it runs out of hydrogen and starts fusion of helium in its core, the Sun will literally become exponentially larger than it currently is, so large that it will envelop Venus, Mercury and will likely envelop Earth as well, but if it doesn't it won't matter because the Earth will be so hot that its atmosphere will burn away, and its surface will turn into molten lakes of magma with floating masses of rock that have a higher melting point.

So yes, thinking 600 million years or more into the future is stupid, humans will likely be long gone by then, if not evolved into something completely and totally unrecognizable to what we are today, but our home won't be Earth anymore unless we engineer a way to sustain the life of the Sun much longer than it has now.

Just think about that, no matter what we do if we don't get off this rock everything that we ever were, our civilization, our history, or evolution will all be for nothing. Nothing. It will all be wiped clean by the cosmos and inevitable fate of our solar system.

You'll see how useless space travel is when the next asteroid comes around to wipe us out.
>hurr durr we'll blow them up!

I remember seeing this very high at the IMAX. One of my favorite kinoplex viewings.

Yes you actually have because empiricism requires actual experience and exploration
The fact of the matter you consider any effective research a waste you have some type of say in, when the reality is humanity is in a prosperous enough state to freely fund without sacrificing self-sufficiency exploration.

>tfw you know asteroid mining is the next big thing but you have zero ways of getting involved to prepare for the next gold rush on steroids
strange feel

Its amazing how nothing you said applies to genetics.

As NASA has pointed out numerous times it would be more efficient to harvest resources from earth and there is more than enough to sustain us forever.

Additionally the website you're relying on is entirely speculative and not based in actual science, its basically as good as taking the word of /pol/

When you are talking in terms of money and fortunes spent you are talking in economic terms
You are genetically predisposed to be poor and pathetic if that helps

Even if we could travel the speed of light ships would get destroyed by all the space dust coming in contact with it at light speed. We would need some type of shielding technology as well. But still, just because there are many existential threats ahead doesn't mean we should not do anything.

great post user

>Yes you actually have because empiricism requires actual experience and exploration
Jesus you're stupid.

nasa.gov/centers/glenn/technology/warp/warp.html

>The bulk of scientific knowledge concludes that it’s impossible, especially when considering Einstein’s Theory of Relativity.

BECAUSE YOU NEED INFINITE ENERGY TO MOVE MASS TO THE POINT OF FTL TRAVEL.

This scene was so shit and hammy. The fat woman was terrible. I was already dreading having to watch a movie with McConnaughanahry. Never finished this movie because of this terrible scene.

>Just think about that, no matter what we do if we don't get off this rock everything that we ever were, our civilization, our history, or evolution will all be for nothing.
And then you can just as easily say it's all worthless because the universe will perish given enough time. We're temporal beings in a temporal world. We're bound by time and you can't escape it. You only see the material universe like basic bitch observable science wants you to. Open your eyes, user. Also, we live to 80 if we're lucky. 500 million years is incomprehensible to us.

>When you are talking in terms of money and fortunes spent you are talking in economic terms
Except I literally never mentioned it, you created that as an argument to try and save face on a genetics debate you cant win. The movies premise is literally impossible.

And since it doesnt matter, considering im worth $78M I honestly dont give a fuck what you think.

Humans will figure out a way to get past that it's no big deal user.

>space is useless
>space is infinite
pick one

Lmao you're an idiot

>fat woman
nigga you got issues

They think they're too big to bite the bragger's buck

What should I be seeing instead?

>that's it guys we've gone as far as we could technology-wise, time to give up!

Sailing too far out to sea is brainlet tier. Without some sort of magical weaponry to fight off sea monsters and a means to avoid falling off the edge of the earth, traveling to other continents is incomprehensible.

Always liked the revelation space model of interstellar travel. They use lighthuggers that take hundreds of years to accelerate to near light speed. They use giant shields of ice frozen to the hull that intercepts particles, absorbs radiation, and can be used as drinking water/fuel in an emergency.

A mystery. Science is sterile. Read Heidegger and then Berdyaev.

He is right though. To move any amount of mass at the speed of FTL would require infinite energy, thats how the theory of relativity works and there is no evidence that isnt true.

Also even if you could, a single atom of anything could hit you and you would destroy your entire ship instantly, because its force would be multiplied by FTL travel, and since space is actually not empty and is filled with junk you could not even get from earth to the moon without exploding. Also also, no way a human body could survive that speed at all. FTL travel is actual science fiction, is has zero reality at all. This isnt like 'we can never fly!' because even birds flew on earth and people could at least test and find ways to achieve flight on earth. FTL requires you to literally break the laws of the universe to achieve it and if we can do that we're fucking gods.

The only practical way to travel a long way in space would be a wormhole, and theory says it might be possible to exist but we have zero evidence they are real. And absolutely have no way to even conceive actually make one practically. Honestly its probably impossible as well, because you would need infinite energy to create a bend in spacetime.

>go to moon
>barren dead rock
>go to mars
>barren dead rock
>travel 1000's of distance somehow to get to next star with planets
>fucking shite all there probably
space is shite

t. whitey on the moon

Except I literally never said that if you could read.

Yikes.

And that's exactly why man is going to get the fuck out of here and spread to new star systems. Eventually new galaxies...fuck Andromeda. That bitch trying to gobble up the Milky Way.

I literally went and found arguments people used in the past but whatever. Yeah I know the equation, its "traditionally" impossible, but you have to think outside the box when it comes to shit like this, when you consider how far technology can realistically come. We're literally fucking CAVEMEN now
Suppose humans find a super lightweight/ strong material, they build a space elevator with it. Then they mine for materials from Mercury and build one of those Dyson sphere things to gain access to the full output of the sun. Then we can build giant solar sails propelled by lasers powered by the sun, letting us go some substantial % of light speed, its all we need to colonize the galaxy. Computers become ridiculously powerful and orchestrate all of this, we gain scientific knowledge that sounds completely retarded if it was said today.

We dont even know what happens inside a black hole yet, or what the fuck dark matter is and you're sitting there claiming what we cant and cannot ever do??

Based space fren

Attached: damaged.jpg (695x518, 56K)

Yeah every dumbass posting on Yea Forums in the middle of the night is a multimillionaire with a 12 inch cock. Does your dad also work at Nintendo?

Think of how many billions of useless black people we could pamper with 21st century lifestyles if we were a type 1 civilization though

why do techno optimists always use this terrible comparison? just because technology has exploded since the industrial revolution doesn't mean it'll keep going on forever until all of space is colonized. anons are pointing out how difficult space travel is and you're going hurrr hur muh ocean sailing which has fuck all to do with space travel

For fucks sake I'm not arguing the FTL thing I'm arguing at least one anons claim that space as a whole is useless.
I'm actually curious about the genetics debate I've been supposedly having considering it is tangential

Ah, and the christfag shows his true colors. Well you can sit around waiting for jebus to come back (any day now im sure), other people are more forward thinking than that.

Andromeda will collide, and because the spaces between stars and solar systems are so large it's not like an actual collusion, but things will definitely be disrupted in both galaxies as it occurs, over hundreds of millions of years though. it's hard for us to understand just how slow these events occur when we live on a timescale at which everything is pretty much instantaneous to us.

Humans do need to GTFO of Earth, the issue is I don't think we will ever be able to. We will destroy ourselves before that, or we will simply be unable to solve some of the massive challenges that come with interstellar travel, such as just adapting our bodies to long term microgravity after millions of years of evolution to live on a planet with high gravity. There's so many things we don't understand about the biological impacts of microgravity and health issues that come with it.

>or what the fuck dark matter is
bullshit to cover gaps in theory

>Yeah I know the equation, its "traditionally" impossible
Stopped reading. No, it IS impossible.

Go throw a rock and hit the sun, come back here when you achieve it. You cant? Oh, because its a fundamental law of physics that you cant. The same is true for FTL, it is LITERALLY impossible. Not 'maybe' not 'we just dont know', its PROVEN impossible.

>We dont even know what happens inside a black hole yet, or what the fuck dark matter is and you're sitting there claiming what we cant and cannot ever do??
Yes because the VERY people whose JOBS it is to understand and research this have proven you cant fucking do it.

>We want you to try and squeeze blood out of this rock
>Well you cant, it doesn't have any blood in it
>WELL OBVOIHEOLY WE DUN UNDERSTAND ROCKS!?!@!
You.

>FTL requires you to literally break the laws of the universe to achieve it and if we can do that we're fucking gods
Doesn't sound too hard. We'll do it. The wormhole thing sounds cool too, so there are already 2 solid options and we haven't even started. I'm liking our chances.

Yeah lets just give up and not try anything new. That's some real innovative thinking my friend.

I read a good sci fi that wasbased on a good idea for space travel, albeit dependent on being able to make portals basically. A portal was created in the sun, and an adjoining portal in a spacecraft would vent plasma directly from the sun portal to travel, meaning it needed no engines or fuel. These would travel unmanned very fast to other places and drop portals, then they would send guys through to build bases and make more ships to go out from there and so on. A bit stargate universe perhaps, but something like that is the only way we are getting anywhere and even that would take hundreds of years to establish a network

Bad news, user. The cops found your coke in Newark.

>Yeah every dumbass posting on Yea Forums in the middle of the night
So, you're so stupid you can even comprehend time zones.

We're done here.

Takes on to know one

If you mean for your next science fiction book sure go right ahead. Not possible in this universe though.

we literally never went to the moon. Based Nolan putting the truth in plain sight but no one listened.
youtube.com/watch?v=oD2u6gjr10E&t=

Attached: 1496759189433.png (857x3000, 1.83M)

cringe & redditpilled.

>"I'm rich so you should listen to be about economics"
>literally doesn't understand supply and demand
I'm doing a big think about that right now.

>all this ridiculous scifi fantasy
Yikes star wars cucked a lot of you

Who are the good elite?

I took a screenshot. When it's figured out I'll post this and you're going to look so silly.

Everything we know is based on our current tech.
For some reason, everyone always thinks that the time they live in is the highest potential humanity has to offer.

Not a Christian, but it's funny how you only see two possible choices. The world is a lot more nuanced than you think.

>if we can do that we're fucking gods

do you even know what hu-man means?

>what the fuck dark matter is

A filler for bad math

No, he isn't right.
FTL is impossible as we currently understand physics, yes. That's not to say that there is no value to space travel. It is not easy and it is not cheap but resources on this world will run out eventually. What happens when we run out of space to live on this planet? What happens when the friendly neighborhood extinction event comes along?

We will have to leave eventually. It's a matter of when not if. Best we start now before we find ourselves without enough time or resources. Pretty much the point of the movie (besides the love part).

It's all the same fairytale bullshit that impedes human progress. Pick your favorite abrahamic fanfic and cut your foreskin off I guess.

You know you can prove the moon landing wasn't fake with a laser? They have the coordinates of a mirror on the internet for anybody to research and hit with a laser. That's how they test how far away the moon is. (speed of light × duration of delay due to reflection)

Realistically though, there has got to be a massive breakthrough into something new for anything significant to change in space travel, we're pretty much peaking with with what we can do with big rockets and electricity and computer chips etc

how the fuck does that prove we went?

*next gold rush on asteroids

Just helping you out user.

Attached: activate the patriarchy.gif (147x171, 454K)

You shoot laser at mirror
If mirror was not on moon laser would not reflect

>there are scores of butthurt jealous slavs, yurocucks, sandniggers and South American child fuckers RIGHT NOW who constantly waste time on the internet banking on the faggoty hope that US citizens dont know their own history/achievements

State absolute the

So in this future McConnaughey is the conspiracy theorist for believing in the moon? Trippy.

All that proves is that they put a mirror on the moon

Technically both would be correct because a gold rush on a large asteroid would easily be a gold rush on steroids if any valuable quantity of minerals was found

Progress towards what? Living in even denser cities and spending even more time in your cubicle? Enjoy I guess.

>Stopped reading. No, it IS impossible.
>proceeds to read the entire post.
Ok but why would our current scientific knowledge/ system be absolute objectively correct with no possible loopholes? Before Neils Bohr, atomic theory was believed to be fundamental and they completely missed the mark. If we are, practically speaking, ANTS compared to what we will be, why hold onto ant limitations when imagining a future that's completely beyond anything you can think of now. Fundamental laws of physics are still no more than models (admittedly really good ones)

>how does a very precisely placed, very observable mirror on the moon prove we went to the moon?
idk user... idk

About to ask the brainlet of all brainlet questions here please don't bully. How exactly do you even discover something that isn't known? From what we know now it's impossible but how does that next leap even occur? It's obviously happened millions of time before and will keep happening but I still don't get how you can prove something as impossible then randomly one day you figure out even more that makes the impossible a new reality. I'm phrasing this so badly.

The mirror used is the mirror set up on the Apollo 11 mission. Set up by humans

FINALLY somebody gets it.

I get what you mean, I only have a layman's science knowledge 2bh but it is hard to imagine what could be discovered that hasn't already been discovered

Jackie Chan

Just being decil's advocate here, but that really isn't proof a man walked on the moon, a mirror could have been sent there remotely

he's right, they could have used a digital electronic motor control to level the mirror... even tho it was 60s...

Trial and error pretty much; it improves technology which we can use to try even more stuff. If you're thinking even more fundamentally than that like "how do we even come up with new ideas to try", look into neural networks in comp sci (basically programs try to emulate processes the brain does on some level)

>realistically though, there has to be a massive breakthrough into something new for anything significant to change in chemical engines, we're pretty much peaking what we can do with hydro-thermal (steam) devices, mechanical pulleys, and mechanical gears.

yeah I'm rehashing other anons' arguments, but this kind of thinking is exactly why you will never push boundaries in anything, and why others flourish where you will only persist. Of course it's idealistic, naive, and not at all pragmatic, but that is why humanity can be strong, resilient, and resourceful.

more like being a devil's retard

Earth is flat.

It's hollow

real answer : it takes a special mind (almost in the supernatural sense)

people that found these things literally knew they were true before they even attempted one experiment, they just had to prove it to everyone else. no one has ever made a breakthrough by just doing experiments over and over hoping to find something

And since people were saying that, there was massive breakthroughs, that's what I'm saying. With what we have currently, we can't do much more than we are doing. A breakthorugh is needed, ie in some new kind of propulsion or drive, for us to get beyond what we are currently. Until that happens, we are just fucking about with big firey rockets

You're brain is hollow.

why would this all powerful "secret" society be so intent on waving its dick in your face 24/7? what do they have to gain from taunting their existence? it makes zero sense. if they do exist you sure as shit wouldn't know about it. if anything it's used as bait for useful idiots like you to latch onto.

oof!

And thus we arrive at the problem of induction

Attached: Smug Hume.jpg (256x300, 8K)

Your brain is flat!

earth is a cube. prove me wrong flat earthers.

Attached: 1547082190843.jpg (740x400, 42K)

How Can The Moon Be Real if Mirrors Aren't Real

Unfortunately the cube is force onto a Euclidean plane warping it into something like a sphere

Progress towards becoming a multiplanet species. And perhaps later or possibly before advance towards a new form of manmade evolution in humans.

That's eerie.

>you are brain is hollow

Attached: image.jpg (905x814, 119K)

this is some premium grade-A hilarious nonsense and I love it.

jaden smith if jaden smith was descrates
Or
descartes if decartes was jaden smith
im not really sure....

Attached: 1544898191466.jpg (1200x758, 179K)

But surely for every one of those, there were countless other special minds that KNEW something else was true, but it actually wasn't? It's just the ones that happened to be actually right that we hear about the most

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

I think he meant more along the lines of "how do we even come up with hypotheses to test in the first place"
tfw things from both of those sides pique my interests

the fact than Nolan's films are so popular makes a compelling argument "ideology of fatalism that accepted human failure as eternal"

haha no, what are you, 10?

Your kind is in the way and will either step aside or be swept aside. The choice is yours.

Attached: 0e9.jpg (499x499, 26K)

It is part of the scientific method and is explained in the article.

"Scientists are free to use whatever resources they have – their own creativity, ideas from other fields, inductive reasoning, Bayesian inference, and so on – to imagine possible explanations for a phenomenon under study. Albert Einstein once observed that "there is no logical bridge between phenomena and their theoretical principles."[76] Charles Sanders Peirce, borrowing a page from Aristotle (Prior Analytics, 2.25) described the incipient stages of inquiry, instigated by the "irritation of doubt" to venture a plausible guess, as abductive reasoning. The history of science is filled with stories of scientists claiming a "flash of inspiration", or a hunch, which then motivated them to look for evidence to support or refute their idea. Michael Polanyi made such creativity the centerpiece of his discussion of methodology."

Your kind will destroy itself with its own tech.

Attached: 1546832526551.jpg (634x435, 61K)

Is that Chris Pratt's ex-wife? She looks suitably retarded.

We’re completely fucked, it's unbelievably horrendous, every single keystone species in the tropics is in decline, amazonia will never ever recover its biodiversity, we’re bleeding out into the void and we still think there is time to act. Things will become uncomfortable in the next century and hellish after that. We’ll all be lucky to die before the carbon becomes unbearable.
Arthropods make up 85% of species on Earth, and now we have multiple studies on multiple continents indicating 50% to 98% dropoff. Without insects, an estimated 90% of all wild plant species will die. Almost every animal on land (including flying animals) either feeds on insects, on plants that need insects, or on animals that feed on insects. One disruption in the food chain is going to have massive consequences for humans... and fish, bats, plants, amphibians, birds, reptiles. Everything.
Desertification of large swathes of Asia (including west and north china) and Africa will lead to hundreds of millions of refugees. Starvation and war will destabilise whole continents. In the west the legacy of the green revolution still hasn't been erased and so we continue to exhaust the top soil and poison the water table with pesticides. Once you drain or poison a water table it doesn't come back, not in a time frame meaningful to humans. Didn’t even mention the carbon and ozone poisoning, not that it matters even just the loss of top soil, phytoplankton, soil microbiome, soil nutrients and tree cover (to protect from inland storm systems) is enough to fuck us. Also all the insects, amphibians and birds will die, fish are inundated with psychotropics and plastics, water supply is full of heavy metals, and the only advanced lifeform on earth is advanced enough only to slowly realise the inevitable is coming but not enough to do anything about it.

Do you have something to say, user?

Literally the only solution is de-industrialisation and depopulation. I also forget to mention rising ocean salinity. Everything everywhere is dying and there is no meaningful response. Probably the best we can hope for is some unexpected nuclear catastrophe or some kind of Malthusian blender within the next 20 years tops. Under democracy it's impossible to tell the sheep that they're going to have to simply have less stupid shit or else the world will die. That is the fundamental problem with democracy is that it just ratchets irreversibly (under that system) towards gratifying the mob at any expense.
There are probably ten thousand different processes in the biosphere that will be effected. It's so bad that again it cannot be discussed by the media or STEMfags because there would be a stock market crash or global warfare or just a liquidation program overnight. It's really fucked beyond comprehension. Capital is headless and doesn’t care if we all die it's not based in preservative evolutionary processes that protect against destruction of basic homeostasis. There is no way out, even if we slow warming to the UN target there are deteriorating systems in our most important ecosystems that will give out before we can reverse the damage. Soil erosion, loss of insects and birds is probably the most noticeable thing besides bizarre weather patterns and pollution. We will see the effect of the other diseased systems soon. It's just we’re human so we think in terms of months and years, this takes decades but it also compounds on itself with time and is unfortunately based in an interdependent web of interactions which accelerate damage.

Simply agreeing, I have nothing to dispute

based & blackpilled

some might say operatic.

>the fact than Nolan's films are so popular makes a compelling argument "ideology of fatalism that accepted human failure as eternal"
What did he mean by this

And yet life goes on

Unironically a glorious thread, the majority of Yea Forums is based but that fact is obscured by third standard deviation retards

Stake your position in something meaningful user
Do not suck up the nutrients of this thread without returning in kind

You don't know that he didn't.

because in chaos theory which is their religion, they must always gain permission before doing anything, so as to not break the free will covenant. their way of getting around this is to get permission by omission of denial or rejection.

you know how officers are friendly and ask probing questions?

>whacha got there buddy, can i take a look inside your bag?

theyre asking because they don't have probable cause, and if you don't outright say no you can't, there is a legal concept of implied consent. they ask because they really want you to say yes, but even if you say nothing, they can say- your lack of answer made them feel unsafe, so the decided to pursue a search anyway.

why would a world elite group have such strange and byzantine bureaucratic laws they adhere to rather than just being brutal dictators or outright barbarian raiders in their tactics of control? because they are religious fanatics and obey the hard principles of numbers and natural laws, which they believe must not be broken.

consent and free will being big ones. not enacting violence without just cause being another one.

you can read about pythagoras the ancient greek philosopher to get an understanding how they think, they are neo-pythagoreans, but the religion is far older, dating back to egypt, babylon and even before.

What I find unfortunate is that batshit liberals like AOC have hijacked this issue and made it their own with idiocy like the green new deal, discrediting it by association.

We actually do need a green new deal, just not one written by a lunatic

>/pol/ thread
>every single post is retarded
every time

lol

Verily you are true

I could listen to Matty Mc C talk for days

have sex

>its a poltard thinks hes smarter than nazi scientists and space x engineers episode
lmao

why isn't he in anything anymore>?

Yeah I posted the green bucket seal along with replies to 8 (you)'s

Excellent post, anyone disagreeing with this is a fool or has an agenda, or both

This thread was actually really good, yet everything you touch turns to shit

>we’re bleeding out into the void
Cringe

Attached: 1534843905630.jpg (350x350, 11K)

>earth is fucked for zoomers
lmao i'l be happily dead while you are living in post-apocalyptic hell, you'll be playing fortnite FOR REAL

seething entry level engineer

All interstellar threads are based

based Nolan

Actually am comp sci/ mathfag

ohonononononono are you on HRT already? where are your programming socks?

yeah hes wrong about everything.

evolutionary bottlenecks happen very often, humans have survived maybe a dozen of them in the past 300k years. he doesn't understand that the reason we have speciation is because every 10-20k years 99% of all things die, then the 1% rapidly adapts to the new niches and speciate/diversify to fill then, growing exponentially and creating the new biodiversity. keystone species actually NEED to die, so that new species can emerge.

bees, whales, sharks, ants, eagles - will never go extinct, they will simply lose diversity during the scortched earth extinction event, and then when the planet is renewed after a few hundred years of instability, they will speciate again.

not only is this a natural cleansing process earth undergoes regularly, that user is so fucking conceited he put the human being at the centre of this cycle, as if anything humans could do would protect the planet for giga x-flares or supernova blasts or asteroid impacts. the guy is a fucking tool.

Except the actual reality is that Interstellar is nice science-fiction. In reality humanity will go extinct long before technology (aka harnessing gravity) catches up and solves our environmental and energy problems.

One of the core pillars of sustainability is that most people are under the illusion that space travel will solve our problems on earth, it wont.

dangerously based and frighteningly redpilled

Being able to leave Earth would solve my problems. If i could just be on a self-sustaining ship flying away from Earth on my own for the rest of my life that would be just great

lol we'll be fine bro chill

>One of the core pillars of sustainability is that most people are under the illusion that space travel will solve our problems on earth, it wont.

How Earth is often depicted in the future is a fully industrialized world covered in cities that depends on importing goods from other planets, that doesn't seem too far off what is happening.

what year does the movie take place in?

If they needed this permission then they wouldn't be in the positions of power that they are in.

Anything you know about the global elite could only be shit that they deliberately wanted you to know, ergo it's useless information.

>imagine being this fucking uneducated
WRONG.

There is a huge difference between gradual speciation, extinction of species due to competition and an anthropogenic destruction of all ecosystems on earth, due to pollution, emissions, soil erosion, deforestation and lastly habitat reduction.

>keystone species actually NEED to die, so that new species can emerge
Yeah, in a scenario like the Cambrian explosion where geological factors were relevant and over MILLIONS OF YEARS.

>he doesn't understand that the reason we have speciation is because every 10-20k years 99% of all things die, then the 1% rapidly adapts to the new niches and speciate/diversify to fill then
You mean millions of years kiddo.

>not only is this a natural cleansing process earth undergoes regularly
Regularly in geological context, not in a human context.

You sound pretty sure about yourself, while being a fucking idiot. Try going to university or actually reading books, then come back.

This really is not an argument for anything

The trannies are no different from us. A little softer maybe. But they're made of meat and bone. I know how to track them and I know how to kill them. It's not the trannies giving me sleepless nights.

Attached: hmmmmm.jpg (720x540, 39K)

>what i find more misfortunate then the literal extinction of our species is (politician and agenda I dont like).

Absolutely stunning.

Ironic post

Science fiction isnt reality kiddo.

What are some good books?

based and maximally blackpilled

Fuck insects and plants, we can grow meat in labs we dont need em, we can just eat science meat

What makes you so sure that we will survive the next one? Or the one after that?

>bees, whales, sharks, ants, eagles - will never go extinct

This is so ridiculously untrue, it's not even funny. WE are the extinction event. We've killed hundreds of species through direct action alone. The biosphere is far more fragile then you would expect. Species can adapt but not faster than we can wipe them out.

I meant that only retards can appreciate Nolan's films and since they're so popular then it means that the world is full of retards, hence "human failure as eternal"

I appreciate his movies and I'm not a retard so you should apologize.

What the fuck are you talking about, you gigantic fucking retard? Jesus.
>evolutionary bottlenecks happen very often, humans have survived maybe a dozen of them in the past 300k years
Yeah, we survived because most of us and everything else died. That's the entire issue we're trying to avoid this time.
>bees, whales, sharks, ants, eagles - will never go extinct, they will simply lose diversity during the scortched earth extinction event, and then when the planet is renewed after a few hundred years of instability, they will speciate again.
No shit genius, nobody's denying they'll come back eventually. What's even your point? That 99% of everything dying is OK because it's happened before and will happen again?

If the bees and whales want to live, then fucking bring it on motherfuckers. If it's war they want, then it's war they shall have

>Species can adapt but not faster than we can wipe them out
LMAO when will specieslets learn

>>it is physically impossible to send an object into space
nobody ever said that though. Even Newton knew it was possible when he developed kinematics and the foundations for physics. FTL is impossible for some very good reasons that you can't work-around with technology. It's not some luddites saying it just to be a bummer for your sci-fi dreams.

Attached: 1600x2560_px_Apollo_launch_Pads_NASA_night_Portrait_Display_rocket_Saturn_V-1292737.jpg!d.jpg (1600x2560, 517K)

Yes, you fucking idiot, they've turned it into a political pinata surrounded by lobbies and interest groups, which makes it less likely to be taken seriously by the general public. Judging from your butthurt reply, you are one of them.

Don't fuck with the whales, man. They have friends.

Attached: EzWTB.jpg (640x275, 18K)

>2 decades later
>asteroid space mining

>assign arbitrary value to random cellular colonies
>feel bad that they die

why do this?

The only good whale is a dead whale

Attached: ap15-KSC-71PC-415HR.jpg (1123x1413, 416K)

>FTL is impossible for some very good reasons that you can't work-around with technology
it's like this user *folds a piece of paper and shoves a pencil through". Do you see? DO YOU SEE

Attached: space26037740255_fd27fa4023_b.jpg (1024x768, 235K)

>proposes to curb fossil fuel use with a blatantly retarded plan that no one believes in
>hurr how dare you make this political
Trannies need to go and stay go

Yeah someone said that, then the argument continued like this:

I honestly don't get it either. Why would you include this?
Always felt this movie is mediocre as fuck to be desu.

>there is more than enough to sustain us forever.

i took a geology class and our proven reserves for minerals are slated to run out by the end of this century.

>a woman and a black guy
>oversensitive public school teachers
>accusations of "fake news" / conspiracy theories
>hatred (critiquer) of technology
>"excess and wastefulness" of technology
>praising Baseball, Americas national sports

What could Nolans political views POSSIBLY be????

What if we already are on other planets

Attached: cern-stargate.jpg (1167x788, 146K)

*wastes money and drains funds from other projects*

Heh... nothing personnel

Attached: james-webb-telescope.jpg (1000x749, 302K)

Radical Centrism

The teachers are trying to discourage students from being interested in space exploration because they need more farmers. They blatantly spell this out for you during the scene, it's not hard to understand.

Just like oil would run out in 2020 and there would be wars for water in 2010.

*blows up on launch pad*

But it will take a picture of a black hole!

>All investments are zero sum
Take everything personal kid

I worry about the sun blowing up at random, it could happen any time, it could already have happened

>humanity will die out soon because people trying to sell me their show or website told me so

Attached: nononojak.jpg (638x1000, 86K)

>Mission Length: 5 years
INTO THE FUCKING TRASH

maybe they will keep extending it like they did with the Hubble

>>"I believe it was a brilliant piece of propaganda, that the Soviets bankrupted themselves, pouring resources into rockets and other useless machines..."

doesn't really make sense tbqh. Landing on the Moon ended the space race because the Soviets saw no point in being second.

I also don't see how developing rockets in an age when the world is all about pointing nuclear missiles attached to rockets at each other is a "useless endeavor" that the U.S would want to encourage.

youtube.com/watch?v=P6MOnehCOUw

It's been fine for 4.6 billion years, here's what one billion pennies looks like. We'll live.

Attached: 1000018176p.jpg (550x245, 21K)

Attached: 1551389378762.jpg (480x385, 17K)

Interstellar was a shit film

for you

Wait no that picture is only 10 million pennies

Oh god we're doomed

Isn't it the other way around? Chance that all of a sudden our next penny happens to be the fucked one is so low

Attached: 1537013760971.webm (640x640, 1.75M)

so based
He shows how people can become so indoctrinated into believing in lies if it has a positive sounding reason to deny it "hurr durr space travel technology and data gained has no advantage for us on earth, hurr durr how will learning about physics improve my farm". which, for anyone educated in the field, is offensively stupid. The point of the film, was just show how the pursuit of science can help and prolong our survival. if you want to believe the scientists are lying, then go ahead, and maybe you'll convince some insecure people that they are some how "seeing through the matrix" . But until you can actually provide evidence, fuck off back to x.

Attached: wojack of dimonds.jpg (710x1000, 266K)

Interstellar is sort of like the Star Wars Prequels, you just have to take on faith that things which happened in living memory somehow got forgotten and became myth.

is that a dog or a fox

Mission estimates are always lowballed you simpleton. Look at Opportunity's mission lifetime

>We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars. Now we just look down, and open our gates for dead-weight niggers that will turn the world into dirt.
What the FUCK Nolan? Did Raimi Ghost Write this?!

Attached: Cooper.gif (580x326, 974K)

Attached: 1537013866860.webm (502x574, 2.87M)

isn't this the fate of every empire?

why do all nolan flicks look like tv shows?
why do all nolan flicks fall apart after the first viewing?

>why do all nolan flicks look like tv shows?

I think you're confusing him with cuck whedon

>That 99% of everything dying is OK because it's happened before and will happen again

yes that's exactly my point. it's beyond your control, stop pretending you can play god with the biocycles on this planet.

>a huge difference between gradual speciation, extinction of species due to competition and an anthropogenic destruction

yes the rate of change is the difference. every large volcanic eruption doubles global pollution, should we cap volcanoes with concrete?

the record shows clearly that species dieoff occurs regularly, like glaciation periods and solar catastrophes, about once every 13 thousand years, and we are due for one. nothing you do will stop it cuckboy, prepare to feed the dirt with your fat onions corpse.

you or i wont, but enough humans will so that they can repopulate. it's a bottleneck event, we are not the extinction event, we are simply accelerating it, which is a good thing.

based Nolan

>t. alking out of my ass

Attached: 1551747177492.jpg (400x400, 23K)