Heroes on Both Sides

What did George mean by this?

Attached: heroesonbothsides.png (2220x951, 989K)

Both the Republic and Confederacy had a wide selection of sub sandwiches to eat.

I dunno. The Republic certainly didn't have heroes. The Jedi used a slave army.

It was george's misguided interpretation of creating a compelling story even though the title crawl doesn't specifically reference anything significant or relevant in the entire film. ie george is a hack

>evil is everywhere
why does he write like a 10 year old

maybe it could've worked if he wrote something similar to "both sides possess mighty figures"

It's his "target" audience.

Attached: Indy.jpg (873x615, 811K)

Because his son was 10 years old at the time and would slowly - yet passionately massage Geroge's under penis while he was writing the scripts.
There is a cameo in the movie of Geroge's son as well and you can clearly see in his eyes that he enjoyed and almost wanted to massage his fathers penis more.

Attached: Zett-jukassa_0eb7f414_(1).jpg (960x540, 81K)

wtf he sounds like Trump

Why does Star Wars suck so much with the grey morality shit?

He meant from the perspective of both the Galactic Republic and the Confeseracy or Independent Systems, respectively, there were iconic figures who were widely respected and admired for their deeds.

DRUUUUUUUUAMMMMPF

maybe it was kind of evil of mace to want to murder monster mash. sheev was the only one in those movies who seemed to enjoy life.

kek
I'm not going to let this really good joke go by unnoticed.

Attached: 1532820215756.jpg (640x640, 52K)

yet the PT never actually portrayed anyone from the CIS to be admirable or even respectable

It was an allusion to the iraq war and he was being sympathetic to the insurgency.

The Jedi were corrupted to serve the Republic rather than the Force, and ended up fighting meaningless power struggles on a galactic scale, leading directly to their downfall. Qui-Gon was right. Padme and the peaceniks were right.

At the time it was Bush. The Prequel were very obvious political commentary about the Bush administration's use of a false flag to seize power.

Which was weird because the Phantom Menace came out in 1999 and Clones came out in 2002, which means it was in storyboard and production long before 9/11.

We're just not supposed to notice that, though.

He probably just wrote that because it sounded cool & forgot to follow up with it in the script

he added that in after playing 2004 battlefront

'Hero' used to mean someone who does awesome cool shit in the battlefield, not necessarily a ''good person''. Sounds like Dooku, ventress and Grievous to me.

american wars and false flag conspiracies have been going on for a long time before Bush enacted 9/11

In the Civil War, we had two sides, one that history looks back on as EVILLLL but back when it was going on, Stonewall and Robert E. Lee were considered heroes by the respective sides.
That's what George is going for, it's not fucking hard to understand.
There is so much more blatant retardation in the prequels that can be nitpicked but I never understood anyone who memes this

On both sides of the screen

It also implies doing that shit for a cause greater than yourself. The rank and file of the Separatists meet that description. Dooku, ventress and Grievous are in it entirely for selfish reasons. The first two for power. The latter for vengeance.

In a healthy society this is not a bizarre concept. Learn more by looking up "Teichmuller."

Dexter Jettster is the key to this

Hero originally meant a man who died young.

Funny about the timing though.

I'm sure it's all a coincidence. Jews didn't have any foreknowledge of the attacks, and they never set up the political dialectic such that they control both sides of it.

Can't happen.

Attached: 1547417894609.png (645x729, 56K)

It's not conducive to the Mythological hero story that Star Wars was when you make the bad guys anything less than evil incarnete

Impeech blumf

Dooku and Greivous? Dooku was literally the Founding Father of the Confederacy and Greivous was a heroic general who didn't shy away from personal combat and beat many of the Republic's best fighters.
>b-but ominous music played when those characters were on screen
wew lad

The entire point of the prequels is to demystify the Jedi, showing them as fallible, imperfect and stubborn. George wanted to make Vader more sympathetic. "There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere." This quote encapsulates the themes of the prequels. Neither side was "evil," the trade federation, CIS, and the Republic all had reasons for having conflict with each other, due to the overarching reach of Sidious, the evil that is everywhere.

Grievous, Dooku etc. won battles for the Separatists. Their people saw them as "heroes"

Fuck you

You mean the audience??? Woah.

Grevious wasn't a 'heroic' general he was a psychopath.

This. Imagine being over the age of 12 and not understanding this.

Grevious was a non-force user that could kill jedi. He was terrifying. Certainly admirable.

George was an enlightened Centrist. He watched 1000s of hours of Boogie vlogs to prepare for EP3

The fuck is wrong with you?

The Banking clan probably paid him to add that.

Hero used to mean somebody who successfully kys'd

Anakin foreshadowing.

never forget the battledroids that gave their lives protecting the confederacy from the jedi aggressors

an insane cyborg general and a sith lord hardly count as heroic figures, especially when the CIS side of the story has barely been told in the movies

Sheev was a hero.

Unlike the OT, which was black and white. The PT is more grey. The TF and CIS really were not in the wrong for rebelling.

PT > OT.

Fuck off with your campbellian monomyth crap.

I think you could even make the argument that the CIS were actually the good guys since the republic becomes the fucking empire

The PT wasn't about Bush you fucking faggot. Maybe ROTS was a little bit, but TPM and AOTC, no.

Pretty funny stuff.

he meant hitler did nothing wrong

Pretty much yeah.

This. Except I wouldn't use a word like demystify.

The TF blockaded an entire planet over some trade disputes thats pretty out of line

Underrated

criminally underrated

I chuckled.

I will read no more of this thread.

While the Clone Wars series does explore the CIS's motives but it should've been told in the main PT films first.

It was a trade blockade and was a protest against excessive taxation.

But the negotiations were short

Attached: main-qimg-f7ceb30bb171171ad043730cb6657775.png (602x393, 245K)

The Trade Federation was just part of the CIS, the CIS mistake was associating itself with shady organizations and corporations.

Palpatine, the good guy, is controlling both sides of the conflict

>At the time it was Bush. The Prequel were very obvious political commentary about the Bush administration's use of a false flag to seize power.
this is your brain on european television and film

>Grevious wasn't a 'heroic' general he was a psychopath.
>Jedi come to assassinate you
>kill them
How was he a psychopath? Holy fuck you RLM drones need to kill yourselves. How can you take anything they said seriously after TFA is quite beyond me.

>an insane Wehrmacht general and a Nazi Fuhrer hardly count as heroic figures
This is how retarded you sound

Deepest lore