The Shape

He’s the best slasjer not only because of Carpenter but Nick Castle’s cat like movements. His had was a movie choreographer and it seemed to rub off. From the swaying back and forth Myers does to almost gliding movements.

Compare just to Jason who depending on who played him moved in a very clumsy fashion. Or in Hodder’s case, plodding

Attached: 26F3AE19-192B-4096-BA23-A3C7369FDDD7.jpg (2048x1114, 231K)

jason > michael

Jason is a loser

Michael had a special care put into him that most slashers lack. Sure, anyone slap a mask on a dude and have him activate some squibs, but Carpenter and castle really made Michael a unique character.

A lot of it's the body language, I agree. Like when he's standing on the sidewalk, or how he spontaneously appears out of the shadows, practically drifting forward like a ghost. The dude manages to be inhuman and unsettling without the supernatural bullshit of the later installments.

there were actually 3 people who played MM/theshape in the first movie

Exactly. It really was the details that made it such a classic.

I really do think Cameron had Arnold mimic a lot of Myers’s movements for The Terminator

Castle is the one that did all the movements for Myers. Only time it wasn’t him was when he falls out the window and his mask his removed

That's very possible. Much of Terminator 1 is structured like a horror film, leaning less on action and more on surviving the monster.

first halloween movie is a legend, should i watch the other ones too? theres like dozen of them

Watch the 4th one and H20 and definitely 2018

no watch the friday the 13th movies instead

try 6

Attached: 6D0DCB24-560C-4001-9E55-8C946533D320.jpg (850x638, 91K)

none are as good as the original, but 2-5 and the newest 2018 one are good watches if you are into the lore

Terminator 1 is definitely a slasher movie. He even looks like Myers in certain scenes

Attached: 0942809A-FE1F-4BAD-A886-D6507E9ACDE6.jpg (1920x1080, 1.07M)

Not a slasher if the killer uses a gun

True, I meant slasher inspired

Did he try to kill himself? He’s got a pretty deep wrist scar there

Self harming doesn't mean you're trying to kill yourself

I’m pretty sure it’s makeup. Myers has a lot of battle scars in 2018.

That's not even him in that pic stupid ass
It's a prop

No shit Sherlock

Self harm faggots scratch themselves to draw some blood and then post pics on their Tumblrs. That’s a fucking legit slash on his wrist.

Attached: BF72554E-457A-4977-B51B-42A0FFC646D7.jpg (505x370, 31K)

Attached: 577960BC-EFB6-4099-964B-A1C1303C0990.gif (500x702, 1.76M)

Who else cringed hard in the 2018 version when the roastie daughter of Laurie quickscopes Michael then Laurie says “happy Halloween Michael you fucking straight white male” while half lit in darkness?

Note: that literally happens

>slasher
MECHA YIKES FROM ME DAWG

Yeh especially the "you fucking straight white male" bit, that was unnecessary

So fucking good.

I rewatched the first one last year and I agree with you but you can tell that multiple different people played Michael in some shots. The bit where he breaks through the door and comes into the kitchen feels off - at least in the way Michael moves. I checked and what do you know, Castle wasn't playing Michael in that scene.

Attached: 056ACA10-3F3B-4D12-814B-01EFAA6D8E1A.gif (471x200, 1.49M)

In the “Halloween Inside Story” the only scene outside the stunt man falling out the window that wasn’t Castle was when Myers’ is breaking into the closet.

Because the movie was on such a tight budget it was easier for the FX guy to do the scene because he knew how to break the prop he set up in a single take which would save money.