Implying you can adapt this to film

>implying you can adapt this to film

Attached: 1461909380439.jpg (1063x752, 118K)

Just go see dagon

Didn’t TLC adapt it into a 6 season tv show?

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPP

>ear shattering fart noise

I could do it. Though I'd make it different from the clusterfuck that is the book.

I'd make it about a WW1 war veteran that decides to become a lighthouse keeper in a shady fucking town up in Maine. Then things will get progressively more messed up as he starts to unravel the mystery. Climax will be him going to R'lyeh and dying there.

heh... i dun get it

>I love Lovecraft !

Attached: dgdg.png (201x250, 5K)

>haha dude cults & tentacles everywhere giant fish men people go crazy
Yeah it sounds very hard to adapt

Jazz?

Lovecraft is B&RP, he had a racist cat

Properly done I could see it as a series. But Normies would hate it for the lack of show and tell.

This is what people wanted the ending of True Detective Season 3 to be about

The whole point is that it's unimaginable horror that is capable of sending you insane

Gooks on computers can't emulate that

Why would you want to? It's so cliche.

>The whole point is that it's unimaginable horror that is capable of sending you insane
The life of an average tranny is pretty close to it desu

Attached: 1552281149561.png (1210x515, 445K)

Attached: 1483385912709.jpg (308x450, 25K)

Someone post the entire ear shattering fart noise pasta

Waiting on this too

This plz

*earth shattering fart noise*

Attached: Aquaman.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-EVO.mkv_snapshot_01.41.57_[2019.03.09_22.07.08].jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

It's, by definition, unadaptable

cthulu is kinda qt desu

Bird Box exists though?

imagine having sex with cthulu

itd be mind blowing

>muh lovecraftian
>tentacles hurr
Why is always like this? it's so damn low effort and lazy. I recently read a short story named ''A Colder War'' by Charles Stross and it would make such a fantastic movie in the right hands, minimal monsters being shown, just pure, raw tension.

imagine what he could do with those tentacles haha

The Endless and Resolution to a lesser extent did Lovecraftian very well
The Tent Guy is terrifying as fuck

Attached: crawling_chaos_nyarlathotep.jpg (640x640, 143K)

They can do Godzilla CGI no problem right?

>I recently read a short story named ''A Colder War'' by Charles Stross and it would make such a fantastic movie in the right hands, minimal monsters being shown, just pure, raw tension.
Care to give a plot synopsis?

>so low on creativity you end all descriptions with 'it would drive you insane bro'

Lovecraft is a hack writer

The short story literally ends with the monster revealing itself and the protagonist ramming it with a boat. People make Lovecraft way more cerebral than he actually was

based and crawlpilled

the thing is a shaggoth

Attached: MV5BNDcyZmFjY2YtN2I1OC00MzU3LWIzZGEtZDA5N2VlNDJjYWI3L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_SY1000_ (660x1000, 160K)

Yeah quotation on end.
The story never overexplains too

It’s ok if you’re an illiterate mong who thinks iron man and captain marvel are literature

I imagined a movie or a show who take place after the awakening of Cthulhu, in the 30's, the 40's or the 50's.

World War 2 never happened because nations of the world have to face the massive invasion of the Deep Ones in every coasts of the world, which have ayy lmao technology and the awakening of Cthulhu mean for them the rises of their supremacy over earth.

Cthulhu did nothing to humanity when he awakens, he just leave Earth because he has nothing to do here, he came on the first place to destroy the Elders which are now extinct, only some of his giant star-spawns remains and his awakening increased black magic on some human wizards.

there is also Nyarlathotep still tormenting humanity taking shapes to destroy them from the inside, just for fun.

my point is Giant Deep Ones and the Star-Spawns attacks cities around the world, so nations of the world build giants Mechas to fight against them, it could be robots or some clones of death monsters with robotics armors.

so you will see Nazi Germany, USSR, USA, UK, Italy, France, Japan Empire and even Argentina or South Africa having their own Mechas to defend themselves against the giant monsters.

youre a faggoth

Imagine getting vored up inside his bum-hole wouldn't that be totally lovercraftian

Attached: hplovecraft quote.jpg (938x962, 262K)

You imagined pacific rim lmao

Based.

>autistic shut in incel neet
>also incredibly racist and bigoted
its like poetry

t. never read Lovecraft.
The undescribable meme is bullshit. He rarely shied away from descriptions of the creatures. Hell, there is one instance where one even gets an autopsy.

kecc

"Oh my to see this creature would send you insane, you cannot comprehend just a sliver of.... blah blah blah... of what a horrible creation this cosmic entity is and the revelations to myself are maddening.

FYI, it's a fish man bro."

haha weird

Attached: 30572840.jpg (550x465, 115K)

he was the racist cat

if you take a step out of society you can see all it's flaws clearly

wh*te bois be mad

Attached: IMG_20190311_124332_817.jpg (640x994, 83K)

What's the real quote

fuckin kek

Attached: 1521365048042.jpg (238x276, 9K)

Pacific Rim is dudebro tier

Attached: hplovecraft.jpg (602x614, 69K)

How would you adapt this film for modern audiences? I haven't read the book but from what I guess, it sounds like Chuthulu wins. A horror/monster movie where the monster wins and humanity is destroyed? Doesn't sound like a winner to me chief.

whats with you niggers wanting to adapt stories?

It's set during the Cold War, an intelligence analyst gets hold of some spy satellite pictures that show that the Soviets broke an in universe agreement from the WWII to not weaponize relics from the old ones (in this case, Shoggoths). It goes as well as you'd expect.

I thought he was a war veteran. What the fuck have you ever done besides shitpost and fap?

You can’t combine 2 or more genres either without it ending in a disaster. See Sucker Punch! for more details. Psychological horror + steam punk sounds so bad, anyway.

hmm
yeah im gonna have to mark this down as based

It's art, movies can't represent art or be art at all

Indeed it is so

Pacific Rim was pretty lovecraftian.

>steampunk
not necessary steampunk but with early cold war technologies.
of course some Soviet or Nazi mecha could be a little bit old fashioned concerning the armor.

The real Cthullu isnt some tentacled thing its something you cant actually describe because its completely invisible, inaudible, in tangible, and so on. An eldritch abomination an existence alien to our universe thats what Cthullu would look like.

He was not a shut-in though, it's a myth.

no, sneed.

Well he has still his octopus-like appareance but it's true that the various stones and description on dreams are just altered representations.
he is probably more fucked up than just an octopus head on a dragon body.

but on the original story the creature who attacks the sailors on the island is probably a Star-Spawn, not even the proper Cthulhu, and R'lyeh is still underwater for the most part.

Not true, Cthulhu has a physical body. You are thinking of the Outer Gods.

On the creation of Niggers.

When, long ago, the gods created Earth In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

Huh

It's basically the cold war, but instead of a nuclear arms race the powers are trying to weaponise Mythos shit (Shoggoths, Portals to other worlds, Cthulhu eventually). It's a great story, but you need a knowledge of the Mythos to understand most of it, not a good choice to adapt into a film/TV series.

hey just wanted to remind you that more and more normalfaggots are looking into and reading the mythos meaning there will eventually be capethulhu

>people who ejaculate over Cthulhu or the Lovecraft name without even reading a single one of his works

makes me want to commit either suicide or murder

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 4K)

absolutely based as fuck

Jesus, Lovecraft was beyond based

Just cgi monster, not too hard.

>imagine having sex with cthulu
Azshara doesn't need to imagine.

Based and (dare I say it in today's political climate?) redpilled

>lovecraft will never be your redpilled uncle
it hurts lads

Cthulhu would literally be the easiest of all his creatures to adapt. There's already a sort of semi Nyarlathotep movie with Denzel in it. The stupidly OP gods with
>complex motives
and the Out/Dreamlands on the other hand would be the actual hard part to adapt.

>doesn't know that rascism is cringe, incellular and
redditish

cringe.

Adapt THIS.

Attached: Alan moore.jpg (1280x1994, 631K)

Spoken like a true cringey Reddit incel

fuck niggers fuck you and most importantly fuck jannies :^)

Attached: 214234234234.png (217x300, 74K)

*puffs upon cigarillo dappishly*

have intercoruse, incel :)

I think del Taco pretty much did.

fpbp

2/10 bait
you're trying to hard

>*puffs upon cigarillo dappishly*
>have intercoruse, incel :)
bend over

*your

del taco literally won an oscar in 2018 for this

>fished
>no reverse pedo rape or incest
providence is better by far

The Endless was pure lovecraftian kino, and they actually did it right! I was completely surprised and frankly overjoyed, it was a good film

Attached: 72718213-FCC8-4DA0-AD4E-6594B75F660B.jpg (780x1170, 126K)

GOTEM

>movie trailer
>WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY
>ear shattering fart noise
>full frontal shot of Cthulu rising from the sea with water streaming off of its body
>black screen
>coming 2020

>movie
>opening shot is Cthulu rising out of the water
>movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes of Cthulu destroying a city
>ending is Cthulu standing over the leveled city roaring at the sky

Attached: 4844517-4138445607-cthul.jpg (1164x687, 178K)

>I'm female
>thin but curvy
Doubt

Lovecraft's creatures lack relatable goals and make for poor antagonists.

I think Hellboy did it best by just making them an apocalyptic force of nature that human villains were trying to release.

>unimaginable horror needs relatable goals

I want to FUCK Shub-Niggurath

that's why they're so terrifying you dumb shit, because they're forces of nature that you can't reason with

For me, it's the Black Goat

Attached: Sleep with me.jpg (850x585, 139K)

>completely missing the point of cosmic horror

>"It was so horrible I dare not speak about it!"
Bravo, H.P.

The only proper way to adapt Lovecraft to film is to never show any of the cosmic horror. Make a movie about some PI investigating a cult or some shit and learning that they are trying to summon whatever and he tries to stop them. Final scene could be him failing and screaming in horror as you see some vague shape reflected in his eyes.

Or make a film about Nyarlathotep in a human form manipulating people into causing some great catastrophe. Actually that is basically the plot for Needful Things. Just remake Needful Things.

>just make true detective s1 again

How tall would it be ? Modern detection instruments would have noticed something that large

Plus, what would it eat ? Whales ? He’d need like 60 whales a day just to not die

>being one of those guys
Eldritch gods are eldritch gods, user

Attached: Nyarlathotep playing a flute.jpg (734x1089, 234K)

Attached: 2701416.png (597x741, 273K)

>Lovecraft was a shut in
What's funny is that he wasn't though

Attached: 1435835671840.png (275x200, 22K)

Attached: Eldritch God Roommates.png (1299x584, 637K)

>"gof'nn hupadgh Shub-Niggurath" is the name given to the favored, once-human worshipers of Shub-Niggurath. When the deity deems a worshiper to be most worthy, a special ceremony is held in which the Black Goat of the Woods swallows the initiate through her womb and then rebirths the cultist as a transformed satyr-like being. A changed worshiper is also endowed with immortal life

Attached: uwu.jpg (304x166, 3K)

>No monster shown
>Otherworldly horror
>Cult
Pure Lovecraftian kino

Here. This'll tide you over.

Attached: a hot date with harvey weinstein.webm (384x216, 2.84M)

Shub-Niggurath is best eldritch horror mommy gf

Indeed

Attached: Smiling demon.jpg (848x1218, 958K)

He's right. Remember, leftists throw around the word "racist" and "bigot" to silence criticism.

>mebbe if I keep saying Lovecraft can't be adapted to film then Lovecraft will get adapted to film

the japanese has it all figured out

Attached: 1552321576156.jpg (552x506, 68K)

ear shattering far noise

Attached: 1530958110678.webm (360x640, 1.05M)

Attached: lovecraftian.gif (720x540, 448K)

who is she?

>atomic fart noises in the distance

Attached: 1519554676246.jpg (960x639, 38K)

Reminder that they were all persecuted for their religious beliefs.

post THAT pic, I dare you

Sure, but Nyarlathotep is still an asshole

imagine

Attached: 1527791404086.jpg (645x773, 94K)

Based and eldritchpilled.

he predicted today's france

Attached: 1519585705097.png (568x552, 109K)

>Saying this when Arrival exists.

Arrival isn't Lovecraftian at all. well yeah there's alien squids that are so bizarre that it can be nauseous, but that's to be expected in first contact. at the end of the day, we can communicate with them after learning their unique language and then we're best buddies. there is no chatting with Cthulhu, he will wipe us out/enslave us/swallow our souls, and he doesn't care if the panicking vermin have anything to say about it.

Just give the script to Kinoko Nasu and he'll pull it off.

Attached: nasu_lovecraft.jpg (640x480, 133K)

Attached: 1547230327572.jpg (400x400, 57K)

Attached: 9E5689C1-A054-4280-8D06-14A22487C92A.jpg (720x408, 45K)

I want tentacle woman waifu.

>mfw Tesla was talking about racemixing

Attached: scared-woman.jpg (400x300, 60K)

nah he was talking about transsexuals

already been done

Attached: 253296-episode_13_screencap_2.jpg (640x336, 20K)

>implying it hasn't been already done tenfold

Attached: 1545985858750.jpg (2000x4961, 2.89M)

>being from outside of our universe made of something other than matter needs to eat whales

Old ones eat the start being in alignment