Why didn't Nolan explain what happened to the Joker between TDK and TDKR?

Why didn't Nolan explain what happened to the Joker between TDK and TDKR?
I know Heat Legend died but it seems bizarre to just not mention the guy who sent Batman into hiding and terrorized the entire city.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 455K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wRsNRtuiKmo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>BB introduces Joker
>TDK explores Joker
>TDKR completely ignores Joker ever happened

It was Nolan's internal cringe justification by saying they should all be different - but really, if he kept it true, TDKR would have a mention of the Joker.

he was probably obligated to tease the sequel

Then it's his obligation to tease the Joker in TDKR

I feel like Nolan didn't want to make another Batman movie but was forced into it by Warner Bros., in my opinion he should have let Two-Face survive and make Batman's final battle against the man he once fought alongside.

>teasing a joker from a different universe
um sweaty

Heath died even before the release of the TDK and it was a shock to everybody. I guess he thought it would have been insensitive to mention the joker in any way.

From TDKR:
>Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot Amana before throwing him out of a plane

Here Bane slipped Joker's true name (Amana Meiwurd) in the opening scene, indicating that they were meant to work together at some point. But the actor's death obliged Nolan to rewrite everything and in a fit of rage he just left the joker to literally sacrifice himself in the first scene of the film.

Attached: 1548399728231.png (1334x750, 1016K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wRsNRtuiKmo

Attached: 1548720789596.jpg (683x1024, 47K)

This is now a dubs thread

Attached: 1550963762928.jpg (393x463, 26K)

CHECK'D

Attached: 1552163545875.jpg (750x1024, 57K)

if dubs keith ledger comes back to life and we have real capekino again

There is a brief reference in TDKR where someone on the tv says "Gotham has shown in the past that it does not negotiate with terrorists" or something like that.

I recall once hearing a noverlization makes some mention that when all hell breaks loose and all the prisoners are set free, Joker is the one that decides to just stay in arkham.

Well he said in TDK he will be in a padded room, meaning arkham asylum, bane only freed the blackgate prisoners, nor the loonies from the asylum. That is even dispite scarecrow being the dr at the asylum and the judge in banes court.

DKR has a shit plot desu. Expect bane and CIAs performance its trash mostly, and the last 1/3 is so shit.
Bane gets rekt by catwoman on 9bike and don't even talk about talia al guls death scene it's too cringe

Wasn't Cillian Murphy's role as the "judge" or whatever originally supposed to be played by Heat Legend?

Theres some shit about the Joker being locked up in Arkham all lonely in the books. I cant be assed to look it up

The idea was to have no mention of the joker out of respect for heath ledger. it was a thing i'm pretty sure you could've googled it.

Yas queen DUBS

That would have been a more interesting approach. I was always disappointed that Two-Face died at the end of The Dark Knight.

>heat legend

Attached: 47CD730C-786D-4553-8B78-3061FB55DCB0.jpg (235x215, 8K)

If Heath hadn't died and was Joker in TDKR they would have to lose Talia. Too many characters.

So what's the problem, exactly? Are you implying losing Talia would be a bad thing for anybody?

Jokester probably is in some top security prison to ensure he never ever gets out. It's not going to be like in the comic/cartoon when he just escape prison/asylum every week.
If they are smart, they probably secretly execute him for being too dangerous to be kept alive.

If you want the semi-official explanation though Possibly. But I think Nolan will still let Murphy did a cameo for TDKR anyway.

>they would have to lose Talia
...Yeah?

Attached: 1354159958857.gif (200x163, 1.25M)

He wasn't forced, so much as he knew they'd do it without him. It was either watch them do a sequel, potentially recast joker, or introduce Harlequin or do any number of things that would taint his movies, or do the sequel himself.