Is this true

is this true

Attached: 1524482856401.jpg (818x833, 295K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=utTAphB1y4Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>is 1080p a higher resolution than 480p?
gee no clue OP

Yes blue is better

Sometimes it's bad to have higher detail on props and effects. It ruins the illusion.

high-resolution autists don't understand this

Attached: smash cut.webm (1280x720, 585K)

It's amazing how great The Sopranos was but equally amazing how bad all the special effects were in that show.

i actually like this

>585KB
Someone post the HQ one.

big guy with a tiny gun is a kino pairing

Attached: 1492139602091.webm (720x480, 572K)

>guest director George Lucas

what was he thinking

There's literally no difference. Blu-ray is a fucking meme

OH NO NO NO NO

It is now. Dvd used to look great. Now I've noticed that the dvd that comes with blu rays is even lesser quality. I've seen fucking artifacting on them before.

I see artifacting on DVD all the time. DVD is like those 700MB torrents you can get in terms of image quality.

im convinced that was put in as a joke

kino
lol it's really a kurosawa thing first
kurosawa had a huge influence on lucas in general
like the whole insignificant lowly people (droids) being central to a grand story about lords (like the peasants in hidden fortress)

Yes.

This.
Also, is that an Evangelion reference?

Wrong.
Purple is best.
Blue and Red are shit but Blue is better than Red.

I used to use that wipe effect in all my windows movie maker videos because I saw them in star wars

same, I always thought they were trying to show how pathetic murder really is

It's a blu-ray episode

Attached: 1547747989336.jpg (610x800, 161K)

>kurosawa
Except it's not the 50s anymore and that's not nearly a nearly acceptable way to transition to another scene. It looks like a fucking kid's movie. And the freezeframe fucking sucks. It would've worked 100 times better if it didn't slow down and freeze. It's like it was "bring your kid day" at the editing booth and they actually got the intern's kid to do it.

the late 90s/00s was a different time too. contrary to popular belief, because we tend to just retrospectively cherry pick the absolute best, television then was in general quite bad.

Take something like Empire Falls. There's no WAY that an HBO prestige mini-series wouldn't be better these days.

And also, shows like The Sopranos, or The Wire, they're a writers medium. That's why they're good. It's not the direction or any other facet of the production which makes them good. It's the writing, and the performances which come from the writing.

Lucas did wipes really well.

A 1080p Blu-Ray looks better than any of the streaming services in 4k. The reason being that they are trying to compress a larger resolution into a smaller file size, due to bandwidth constraints.

Blu-Ray is still a great format. Obviously if you can afford a UHD setup with a disc based player you will get better color depth, but in any case if you care about image quality, disc-based media is still the way to go.

Don't use DVD though. It's literally only still around because of poor people and boomers.

Attached: 3569356970.png (269x301, 158K)

I dont get it what was the special effects

You could have done this way more interestingly and saved yourself the NO SLIDE memes by doing some kind of obscured alleyway thing.

The real question is: Does it matter?

and people refuse to put extras on the blu rays i want/release blu rays of the dvds i have

If a blu-ray is missing special features from the DVD release, I just keep the DVD and stick both versions in a double-disc case. I mean, you can only get like a dollar in credit if you trade them in anyway.

his dick must be MASSIVE

youtube.com/watch?v=utTAphB1y4Y

DVDs used to look better because you were watching them on CRTs that hid most of the artifacts.

Pretty much. I watched The Fifth Element the other day and it did not look all that great on my 50" 4k television, but I remember it looked damn awesome back when I bought it.

On Christmas 1997. It still works great, though. Shame about the Pioneer DVD player, it crapped out.

get it on blu-ray, it'll still look decent. Fifth element gets constantly updated to newer formats because it was shot and mastered specifically to look as good as possible for as long as possible, thats why you saw it everytime a new format turned up.

>every time
3 times. home video when released, DVDs, when they came out, blu ray when they came out. do you know being on 3 formats isn't impressive? they put 60+ year old cartoons on blu rays

I still don't get where that fat fuck Vito was hiding for Jackie Jr. to walk straight past him.

gottem

Attached: giphy (5).gif (250x189, 391K)

All DVD's are not created equal. First gen were most often 4:3 cropped pan and scan and were often digitized form an inferior source master, sometimes even a fucking old laser disc or a video tape. They had aliasing, interlacing effects, etc... Second gen started to scan from better source material and get the aspect ratios correct, so as not to crop off half the image and introduce motion artifacting. Third gen DVDs often came from 2K or even 4K digital intermediaries and can look really fucking good if played on a blu-ray player that uprezzes it to your 1080p TV. I have some DVDs that literally look HD on my TV.

The inverse is true for Blu Ray. There are some blu ray releases that are objectively inferior to the DVD releases, such as The Wire. Maybe the blu ray got updated, but I doubt it.

You're probably right but the only thing that really stood out to me was when they did slowmotion shots and it looked like shit because all they did was lower the frame rate back then.

The wire widescreen is not heinous, because it was actually shot in widescreen. It just wasn't framed in widescreen, as it was intended to be cropped.
It's a slightly odd situation with that one.

They also did put a relatively large amount of effort into remastering it.

I still think the original is the better version, but the remaster is not atrocious like some.

I snuck it back into the store, put it back on the shelf, and shoplifted a DVD box set. It was that bad.

whats the highest resolution and framerate we can expect to ever come from films shot within the last 20 yrs?

4K?

Attached: 1528281822260.jpg (802x802, 232K)

Physical media will die out so we will have glorious 400kb/s 8k streaming services to look forward to

Maybe, depends how zoomed in the screenshot is. I still watch DVDs of things that haven't got a HD release and it's not blurry like that.

>3 times
>do you know being on 3 formats isn't impressive?
You've probably never heard of Laserdisc, and it's also out on 4K.

Every movie is a case-by-case scenario. Different cameras, different framerates, different resolutions, etc... Why do people think movies are all shot on the same camera?

>400kb/s for 8k
>glorious
pick one

Physical media won't die as long as drm exists

>400kb/s
I have shitty webms in my folder with quality better than this.

Attached: 136891027687.jpg (299x275, 29K)

I'm watching this thread on a state of the art 1.2 KW microwave digital display and I can tell tats you tell thats i tel lthat its better on gamebyot

Whose PowerPoint presentation is this?

That's joke

>that snow placed under where he falls only
>the fat guy walking into the car at first and bumping his guts into it

Looks like pirate media market stalls will pop back up then.

Do you avoid going to the cinema because their copies of the movies are too high fidelity as well?

>I have some DVDs that literally look HD on my TV.

Glad you specified 'literally' or I would have thought you meant 'metaphorically",

Freeze frames always remind me of old adverts and how the last frame always stayed there for a few seconds.