This movie is worth it just to see Lucas put Trantor on screen with the best SFX money could buy

This movie is worth it just to see Lucas put Trantor on screen with the best SFX money could buy.

Attached: MV5BYTRhNjcwNWQtMGJmMi00NmQyLWE2YzItODVmMTdjNWI0ZDA2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1230x1845, 274K)

it's a good movie, i dont understand the hate most have

Kys. It was an big budget cartoon with a shit script and it forever derailed a legendary series

Correct.

Incorrect. The Phantom Menace is mostly very good, Attack of The Clones, while still very good in parts, is where Lucas started zoning out.

Star Wars was always a fantasy space opera monomyth for kids. Boomers glorifying SW are as dumb as millenials who cry with MCU flicks.

qui gon was a good hippy jedi, im sad he died like a retard because he didnt store more oxigen in his muscles
everything else was also quite good

Yea Forums is showing its IQ right now by claiming it was "otherwise a good movie" without recognizing Jar jar and young Anakin debuted

the silly gags that allowed him to defeat many droids on the battlefield were super funny

I'm still not clear on why the droid army landed on the wrong side of Naboo

For the same reason why Darth Vader only tried to disable the Falcon's hyperdrive at the end of ESB instead of disabling the whole ship and trapping the crew at the landing platform.

DAE le prequels = actually really good? upvote if u agree

Attached: doug_chiang_the_phantom_menace_32.jpg (1600x720, 290K)

Attached: yX2NWkw.jpg (1920x820, 108K)

Attached: EQMWQOf.jpg (2048x870, 268K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

Attached: fd7hSTg.jpg (2048x870, 287K)

Attached: burial.png (1366x575, 1.06M)

It still has the best sequence in the franchise after the originals, the podrace is the best and only good thing about anything after ROTJ.

Attached: Jedi_Council_Tower_balcony.png (1920x816, 787K)

8 year old me was ok with Jar Jar, but I didn't like how he accidentally fell into good situations. 8 year old me LOATHED bowling ball headed kid Anakin. It's no wondered he got mocked endlessly at school. Why Lucas didn't start him as a late teen I'll never know. Senate shit was boring and the entire trade federation business seemed nonsensical. Artwork was kino and some of the best in the series. Even with minimal script changes, the movie would've been much better with an older capable teen actor playing young Anakin.

t. perspectives from my first theatrical viewing

Attached: 1485849148297.png (1200x739, 983K)

Attached: Anakin_Skywalker_Consejo_Jedi_Star_Wars_Episodio_I_Amenaza_Fantasma.png (1918x818, 1.89M)

>it's a good movie
It sucks. A lot. The only reason people like the prequels here is because everyone with a brain knows it's garbage. Yea Forums loves to be contrarian whenever possible to seem unique and cool. Seriously, rewatch the prequels. They're not good.

Attached: ST8x-L.jpg (1600x717, 394K)

>tfw no 18 yo padme ss

Attached: 1512438832556.png (741x780, 763K)

She was like 14, and don't worry I'm writing a fanfiction

>yfw Jar Jar's only line in Episode 3 is saying "Excuse me" after farting
Lucas doesn't give a fuck lmao.

True

dumb phoneposter

good is subjective. they are not typically good, they don’t follow the standards of filmmaking and storytelling in the manner you feel they should, however you should examine how they managed to find appeal despite their shortcomings. if you do that, you might recognize greater patterns of influence that explain many similar phenomena of people collecting around unusual or seemingly inconsequential events.
to disregard it entirely is making a pretense of being smart, but without the legwork.

Attack of the Clones was mostly shit due to the forced romance but I loved the "Detective Obi Wan is on the case" plot line.
Kamino was the shit.

Attached: kamino.jpg (1536x864, 144K)

You literally made this exact post word for word before and it’s too bland for a pasta so you’re just autistic I reckon.

Attached: Kao Cen Darach and Satele Shan vs Lord Vindican and Malgus.webm (1000x562, 2.96M)

>she was like 14

even hotter

Who's the more autistic? The autist or the one who follows him?

What are you talking about?