Can someone explain to me why was there a need to make this subplot if Appolonia gets killed like 5 minutes later after...

Can someone explain to me why was there a need to make this subplot if Appolonia gets killed like 5 minutes later after they first met?

Attached: Michael_and_apollonia_are_married.jpg (1042x835, 512K)

bump

Attached: 51aFQ4dQdXL.jpg (343x500, 45K)

i think it just highlights the fact that michael cant have a "simple" life. from the start he never wanted to follow the footsteps of his father and be involved with the mob conflicts, thats why he was sent away.

He was sent away because he killed two men before half a dozen people. Remember when Hagen refused to take Kay's message because that would imply he knows Michael's whereabouts? It means there was a criminal investigation against him and police knew who are they looking for exactly.

So she could get her 16 year old boobies out.

This, and also shows the viewer how Machiavellian he is becoming when he settles down with Annie Hall

To show that even native Italians are violent monkeys, perhaps even more so than the guinea wop dagos in America

>Can someone explain to me why was there a need to make this subplot
dem tiddays tho

Northern Italians are germanic though

And terrones are greco-arabs, so? Native italians (tuscans, ubrians and romans) are still animals

To show him accepting his Italian heritage. He starts the movie as a pretty boy from the army with an anglo girlfriend, but in Italy he learns his roots which allows him to become a good Don.

He was in Sicily

because tits

He didn't even bother to learn italian though and needed translator pretty much all the time

because if she didn't get killed he would have stayed there banging her every day and eating spaghetti bolognese for the rest of his life

Al Pacino was so handsome back then

how did he keep black eye for the whole year

to show you the drawbacks of the godfather life

Attached: Simonetta Steffanelli.jpg (1233x1074, 223K)

There are a few reasons:
1. It makes Michael more accepting of his heritage as an Italian, before this he had sort of stood apart from the rest of his family (enthusiastic military service fighting against Italy, a WASP gf, etc.). Even if you argue that this is just LARPing on his part, it does change him.
2. Her death pretty much drives him insane and makes him even more prone to violence than before.
3. Her death shows that he can't ever have a simple, safe life. He can go halfway across the world, but he's still Vito Corleone's son and he'll always have a target on his back because of it.

>Implying he wouldn't also eat gabagool

user I...

Attached: crop-640x360-000.jpg (640x360, 25K)

He didn't want to be a mafia boss but when his waifu died he also died inside.