DEMAND For Alita Battle Angel SKYROCKETS in China

>Due to massive Chinese demand for theater screenings exceeding initial expectations, the Chinese government has given Alita: Battle Angel a nearly 2 month extension in theaters. And they will re-evaluate if future extensions are required depending on Chinese public demand in the future.

>Box office returns continue streaming in from Chinese audiences. Alita: Battle Angel is set to break the $400 million dollar mark soon, and analysts have revised their estimates to have Alita possibly hit a half a BILLION dollars at the Worldwide box office with China carrying the bulk of the revenue.

Source: China Movies and Films Daily

Attached: alita-battle-angel_china poster.jpg (1016x1500, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-uFeJOiKVWc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BASED CHINA

Attached: 1523480935425.png (1000x1000, 206K)

The Chinese have better taste than americans.

Like that's a surprise.

I bow down to our chinese overlords

I don't get it. What exactly do the Chinese people see that people in the United States don't? Why is this movie so popular in China and Asia? What exactly does it do to make it so appealing over there? I'm stumped. I honestly thought this movie would flop and barely break $200 million.

You Americans just have shit taste.

Unironically no more shitposting about bugpeople from me. Bless you, mighty China!

Virgin genetic brown scum needing half a year to get what chad white girl got in 2 days. Yea Forums never gets anything right

Attached: 15510707743490.jpg (450x600, 40K)

because Americans are brainwashed

Attached: 1530478968108.jpg (1075x537, 161K)

Have sex

Alita has far more legs than captain marvel. watch captain marvel sales fall 80% next week. Disney cant keep buying their own tickets week after week. Alita stays strong week after week.

Attached: Alita Zapan hope and smile restored.jpg (672x908, 117K)

Bich!

Alita is white

it is movie about minorities killing white cisgender malescum, ofc it does great overseas

Chucks fuck and suck

Because Asia doesn't care about (((their))) cries.

Attached: Alita SJW mens fantasy still bad.png (786x454, 373K)

Because Alita acts like a real girl. She isn't a man with a pussy like Captain Marvel.

Chinese donghua (chinese anime) and the novels they are based on involve martial arts and secret origin/unique overpowered skill that makes them a walking plot armor. Most if not all their media is something like this and Battle Angel does it very well and even with all the diversity bullshit it still does not detract from the overall movie.

Lastly when that one fucker kills the pupper I don't care who you are, you are now invested in seeing proper revenge.

Captain Marvel outgrossed Alita's lifetime gross in 3 days

How long before threads of Alita go the way of our previous battle angel?

Attached: 6DF7E0F9-506D-4259-9B0D-7F1F29AC7406.jpg (1280x960, 138K)

it tanked on sunday and will probably end up with 150M tops
this is why they're re-evaluating Alita, because it was sidelined by Captain Marvel and given more theaters

does alita look brown to you?? get glasses user.

because the main girl is attractive and not an oily greasy nigger or a man hating shrill with a foot fungus

They want good movies, not a thousandth heavy-handed lecture about muh stronk womyn.

post link to article please

it was a good film. not surprised by this news

>MCU film outgrossed a weebfilm with CGI protagonist
and?

They don't care about the brand that is Marvel or rather don't see that as a reason to go see a film
Alita was good so they want to see more of that

Perhaps they will learn from Alita that killing dogs is considered evil.

>Captain Marvel released
>demand for Alita skyrockets

Attached: 1462744135145.png (451x595, 94K)

So how much more can Alita earn in 2 more months in China? another 100 million? 200 million more?

Americans love Battle Angel Alita. It's only film critics who hate anime movies because they've never seen the original film, read the manga, or watch anime.

It's like staring in a mirror.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 11.44.54 AM.png (498x815, 161K)

JAMES DOES IT AGAIN

Based insect people

>Chinese government has given
what?

Attached: 1546770818476.jpg (476x477, 22K)

POST LINK TO ARTICLE FAGGOT

Attached: 1551989122984.png (1037x789, 346K)

The Chinese government controls all aspects of society especially foreign media.

Because we like animes. Yes, even chads and stacies watch animes here.

No niggers.
That's it.
It doesn't matter what it is, if it has a BBC in it Americans will trip over themselves to watch it.

This has to be shopped?

just go to RT and check for yourself

DO NOT STAND BY IN THE PRESENCE OF (((EVIL)))

Attached: Pd10XIDQaCU.jpg (664x480, 127K)

The government was forced to seize control the country's cinemas after a series of illegal W*nnie the Pooh airings

youtu.be/-uFeJOiKVWc
yes yes chinkim, buy your ticket

If I had to venture a guess, no message or politics, just a sci-fi action movie, like stuff back in the 80s used to be. Same reason why Venom did well over there. If the action is good and the story is servicable, other weaknesses can be forgiven. And I guess no inherent bias for or against the anime/manga look. Would be interesting to know how local reviewers in China were reacting to it, compared to western ones, who seem to grow increasingly jaded towards this type of movie, if it doesn't tick some of the hot topic boxes du jour as a bonus.

POST THE FUCKING LINK!!!

Attached: rage.png (221x228, 14K)

Mkay this is based

I for one embrace our chinese kino companions

>a complex, vibrant female character

Kek

They want a feminist mary sue nothing else

Attached: 1538584842433.png (650x650, 40K)

No shit, these people also despise original Lara Croft despite her being everything they could possibly want from a strong female character.

>DEMAND For Alita Battle Angel SKYROCKETS in China
>1.65 million
>SKYROCKETS
OH NO NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Attached: 346457645.jpg (708x594, 94K)

>$700 mi in China and Japan alone

Attached: 0ac2726f-73c4-455b-8e12-0cdfde43a078..jpg (236x205, 7K)

>Based bugmen saving our daughter

Explain to me again how China becoming new owners and tyrants of America is somehow bad?

Attached: 1475848675503.jpg (462x533, 143K)

>No source
Ok user

Attached: a.png (652x492, 83K)

The source is literally said in the OP.

I'm sure you can provide a link

>When the tranny discord leaking again

Alita Rocks!

>Yea Forums sources

Attached: 235326236.jpg (1185x501, 79K)

What, you mean taste and culture exceed in countries that have less Jews in control? But how could this be?

Attached: 39CF9874-8095-4694-A11C-BE5B59F2241E.jpg (1080x812, 119K)

>Could say so much more, but don't want to feed the incels

How do people like this get through their lives? Imagine being so invested in a culture war that you avoid expressing your own honest opinions out of fear of giving "the enemy" something that they can use AGAINST THING YOU HATE?

They're not people anymore. Remember what that kgb guy said about demoralization.