Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: 1552155601041.webm (700x290, 1.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=powqWBF8lgM
youtu.be/GZR58d77a4A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>inb4 muh feminist bogeyman

Is that Jew Law?

how much of the flick is her just standing expressionless

>bad guy challenges good guy to a fair fight
>good guy is too chicken shit, fights dirty
So much for being "brave."

>that hairline
also why does the girl have laser hands?

it was fine when indiana jones did it

Indiana Jones wasn't a hero. He was a thief. Yeah, it's okay when a scoundrel fights dirty.

>Jude Law: properly acting
>Brie Larson: No expression at all, ever

Remind me again why she's supposed to be the new face of the MCU. She's about as charismatic as a fire hydrant.

do people think before they make comparisons

he wasn't a thief, all that stuff belonged in a museum

she only has that annoying facial expression god damn

No, they don't.

Jude got a hair transplant. You can tell the front is his regular hair.

>tfw only mid 20's and may have to consider one in several years

Attached: jude-law-bald1.jpg (512x521, 72K)

>Dr. Strange subverts expectations by having his big battle with a god character be a battle of wits where he outsmarts the bad guy
>Captain Marvel subverts expectations by not having a final battle with the big bad

Seen the movie. She does smile a lot around the young girl and gives her random high fives. Isn't good acting but she does try to have range I guess.

I hope we will see jude law in endgame, he was the best thing of this movie

>I hope we will see jude law in endgame
Dude Endgame is set 20 years after Captain Marvel remember. No way will he be in it apart from a Captain Marvel sequel. No idea how she hasn't aged at all.

All that stuff rightfully belong in the ground, in tombs. The dude robbed graves. He was a thief. You can argue he was a thief with a heart of gold, but at the end of the day, he was robbing graves. He was a thief and a scoundrel.
Meanwhile, they're promoting Captain Marvel as the new face of the MCU. She's their Captain America or their Superman, yet she has no morals. She's supposed to be brave, but she's a chickenshit coward who cheats her way out of a fight. She's supposed to beat Thanos, but she can't even beat her own rival in a fair fight. What a terrible character.

>wooden acting
>scene set in desert
>I shoot you with laser you fall down
it's like a bad star trek movie!

he is an alien, they dont age ;)

Jude Law is too good of an actor to star in shitty blockbuster movies. I wish he went back to making niche avant-garde film.

Attached: EXISTENZ_SLIPCASE_2D_PACK_2400x.jpg (1604x2030, 598K)

>She's supposed to be brave, but she's a chickenshit coward who cheats her way out of a fight.
This dude was lying to her about her entire life. Makes sense for her to kick his ass. I guess you haven't seen the movie. Not defending all the Skrulls being the guy guys cos that was bad but I understand why she finished him off like that.

1XBet.com because it a scam

Eh, Evans got a hair transplant. Pine, Cavill, Cooper too. Go to a dermatologist, catch it early, get some proper shampoos and vitamins and shit, and you might not even need to get a transplant.

there's literally nothing wrong with robbing graves from lesser cultures

youtube.com/watch?v=powqWBF8lgM

>caring about KikeWood when he can star in KINO

Attached: popewink.gif (480x276, 1.65M)

So instead of proving herself in a fair fight, she cheats because she's scared of a fair fight. She's a chickenshit coward, and so are you for defending this shit. Grow a dick, then go fuck yourself with it, you stupid faggot.

Evans wears a wig in the capeshit films

It was literally a joke when he did it

LOL The guardian fembot that reviewed this even wrote how lovely Brie's acting is. Do they just fucking blatantly lie at this point? How fuck could you call her acting anything but flat and sleep at night as a film critic?

based
my sides
fuck

>finished him off
She sent him back to his fucking homeworld in a spaceship.
Also, all of this:
>She needs a suit/mask to not suffocate in space. Suddenly she doesn't with no explaination.
>She needs a spacecraft or an aircraft to fly. Suddenly she doesn't with no explaination.
>She fires these beams into baddies, they get up and keep fighting. Suddenly she can blow up a massive fucking spaceship with no explaination.
>She has trouble stopping a single missile (or whatever Ronan used there). Literally next scene she flies through a spaceship with no explaination.
>She flies at an aircraft speed. Suddenly she can go faster than light with no explaination.
this movie is so fucking retarded

What expression is she trying to convey here?

:^|

>Shot
>Reverse shot
>Shot
>Reverse shot
>Shot
>Reverse shot
yikes!

>it was fine when indiana jones did it
Uh he was looking for the chick and didn't have much time before she was kidnapped so it makes sense for him

>sent him back to his fucking homeworld
Do they not realise how problematic this is?

>occupation is physical portrayal of characters
>invest in your physical appearance

woah

Hey guys! You've been wondering how Nick Fury lost his eye for all these years right? Captain Marvel will bring you the long awaited answer!
> A FUCKING CAT SCRATCH

>"I'm going to send you back with a message that Darfur is now clean of Africans"
That's usually what the bad guys do when they need an important message sent back to tell everyone to "leave us alone because we will kill you"

Attached: Darfur.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Every single thing you listed can easily be explained that just a few literally minutes ago the limiter that was in her neck for the last 6 years broke and she was discovering for the first time the true extent of her powers (and it was awesome)

Kind of glad they did this instead of some "badass" stupid shit.

>Hey guys, we have Captain Marvel surrounded why she has meme mental battle with our leader
>Oh snap, she's starting to glow and shit
>Oh fuck, her limiter just fell off
>Lads, should we like shoot her or something?
>Nah, let's just keep watching
fuck off

Have you not been to film school? Character on left side cut to character on right side is how you do filmmaking... It shows that they are involved in a conversation instead of just shooting them both standing front center that no filmmaker does.

Fighting hand to hand with a guy who knows how to use a scimitar, gee I wonder why he used his sidearm and not his invisible scimitar

Supposedly Harrison Ford had food poisoning and they were expecting a sword vs whip fight (which on paper sounds retarded) so Ford suggested just shooting the guy since he probably would prefer to be on a toilet shitting instead. It worked. This scene in the movie just looked lazy and more contrived feminist bullshit. "I don't need to prove anything to you" cause you're a no good white man etc etc. Really average to middling script here even for a Marvel movie. Too bad Law was wasted he tried his best in the scenes he was in. Brie however...

He's been to the Mr. Plinkett school of cinema, where he was told shot reverse shot is bad because it's bad.

I wish Jude Law was saved for a better movie. He, Ben Mendelsohn and Sam L were the only actors carrying this dismal shitshow. Any reviewer that says Brie was entertaining is a motherfucking liar and should get their eyes and ears checked.

It's still bad.

looks like an episode of TNG

I agree, I even thought the black friend with a kid was a better actress than her

You for watching garbage.

she literally has two facial emotions in this movie: stoic (aka nothing) and snarky.

>She's their Captain America or their Superman, yet she has no morals.
This is an accurate portrayal of her from the comics, where she has recruited teenage superheroes to help her lock up people who have done nothing wrong because her retarded pet can maybe see the future and helps her target pre-criminals.

>be me
>Yeah Captain Marvel looks like pure shit but I guess the Kree-Skrull war will be cool with some spaceship fights and Ronan going full judge against the Kree
>mfw I read the spoilers
shit they fucked hard with this one

Yup. Her scene tearing up describing who Carol was or used to be was actual depth so absent from Larson's Asperger's melancholy I was surprised they kept that in.

>He expected a movie about anything other than Brie Larson's character meme issues.

it was actually supposed to be a sword fight, but yeah the rest is correct

If they're going to do a comic accurate Captain Marvel, 1) she'd have murdered all those Skrull refugees and enjoyed it and 2) don't make her the face of Marvel comics because people hate her because she's an evil bitch.

Attached: WtLN4GD.jpg (800x1238, 329K)

Even the scene where the biker compliments her suit but has the audacity to ask her to smile so she steals his bike and a shop's clothing seems less comical or heroic but more sociopathic than probably the directors realized. Brie doesn't come across as a likable person. Even Deadpool is given some virtues in his films.

Ah Carol, when your own son who raped you to birth himself doesn't want anything to do with you.

>be gifted Superman level abilities
>trained as a Kree warrior for the sole reason of being kept captive
>unlocking repressed memories through chance allows you to break control and unlock your full potential
>never actually earn anything
>"Lol, I have nothing to prove"
Is this the power of "great female characters"?

Women literally don't think they're telling lies if their intentions are good.

>all these people complaining that brie has no personality or expression range don't realize she's the first autistic superhero

You know thinking about it maybe she should lead the charge for the next phase of the MCU
as its new main villain

That would actually be a good idea so of course they won't.

Having captain marvel be praised as a superhero on earth while she actually enjoyed murdering alien refugees would have made a much more interesting character. The actresses acting style would have fit better with that type of character as well. But I guess you can't have anything that dark in a marvel movie

Will since she was incapable of beating him directly it makes sense that she would do whatever was necessary to win
Still, it sends the wrong message to women. Not that I care. Women ain't never really gonna be a part of my life so, I don't really give a shit

Rorschach.

Holy shit this is actually true

Well yeah, how many times have you heard women say their fat friends look good and in the same breath say they hate liars.

Fact. A woman can cheat on a man and it's not wrong in her head because he once took ten minutes to reply to a message when he was supposed to respond immediately. Women are basically children when it comes to their morality and ethics.

ok, first FEMALE autistic superhero

>Be treated like a princess for 1/4th of their life
>Be surprised they remain spoiled children with no moral compass
feminism was a mistake

Attached: feminism.png (1500x3719, 595K)

to be fair, that was one of the selling points

>thats literally the final battle in the movie
>they don't even fight
>she never struggles in the whole movie
and this movie is the best marvel movie? wtf?

that's a valid critic for capeshit though. When you look at a comics' page it's a little bit more exentric than that. There's all kind of shots you can make that would fit the setting, why limit yourself to close-ups and over-the-shoulders?

>final confrontation of the movie is the woman winning in one hit
WOW. Fucking #POWERFUL.

Holy fuck those autistic movie reviewers will have fun picking this movie apart.

Attached: 532.png (600x580, 568K)

White men are canceled.

critics are not about films anymore, it's just about building correct social narratives, because everything is political, so as long as you write in the politically correct direction it's fine

racism is not ok even if it's for a woman

It absolutely isn't a valid criticism because there's nothing inherently wrong with shot reverse shot, and because comics are way lazier than comic movies. I know Plinkett told you they're "bad" but they're not. They're just a way of conveying a conversation, and an effective one as well.

Attached: ANXM40-1.jpg (1200x1822, 278K)

so basically this but in film form?

Attached: 2f7 (2).jpg (601x508, 31K)

young jean is kinda qt but psychically raping your friend into being gay is morally wrong. we must take her out before she fags up the rest of us.

wtf

>Have you not been to film school?
I think that's precisely the problem buddy. It's bland filmschool-tier work and you can do more than that for your FINAL confrontation in your 150million dollar investment.

Take the Big Lebowski for example: youtu.be/GZR58d77a4A

It's a pure dialogue movie, they had all the excuses to just do shot-reverse shot, yet the shot-reverse shots were a tiny minority of the movie despite being a dialogue movie. On top of that they include the movement of the characters, they plan how a character will walk and where they'll move the camera. Details like that show the love of the filmmaker.

the entire flick is garbage, just admit it

also dubs

Attached: CHECK-EM-WHITE-MALE.png (1075x824, 1.13M)

Jeen was both cute and hawt.

Attached: image.jpg (791x1200, 236K)

Captain America would never seek to prove something to his enemies

Attached: Oh wait - winter soldier.png (1704x815, 935K)

>there are grown adult men who actually enjoy this

wew

I don't even know who Plinket is and I agree with you're statement, but if you're gonna shoot retarded capeshit why not make something a little out there?

So is 180m a good weekend box office? Movies like this tend to not have a lot of legs, right?

based retard

take it up with disney for advertising it as such

>it's that indiana jokes joke in a marvel movie again

Attached: weird.jpg (249x202, 8K)

bruh... imagine if captain marvel was hot

Rorschach wasnt autistic he was a sociopath. Big difference
Actually if you read the comic, it's clear he wasnt autistic based on his schooling

>She beats the shit out of him in a hand to hand fight
Yea Forumswould never shut up about it

never noticed bootleg Hotel California playing in the background

Why is Cap so fucking based?

the Indi joke was against a nobody who was just introduced in that scene. Jude Law is the main antagonist...who doesn't antagonize at all in the movie

Because you need to keep your audience in mind when shooting something. Captain Marvel isn't an arthouse picture. It's for general audiences. If you try to do more experimental stuff, you're going to confuse and lose some of your audience. This is also just one single scene in the movie. Given that they are trying to convey distance between the two characters (both physical and in terms of personality/personal philosophy) and shot reverse shot helps accomplish that. Then you have the fact that this is one 40 second sequence in a full length movie that isn't just shot reverse shot. If people want to hate on a movie, that's fine. I didn't like Captain Marvel. However, when you make invalid complaints, it makes it seem like any criticism of the movie is invalid (even though that's not fair), which is why I'm not going to just let it slide.

I know, the same joke was with Loki in Avengers

Cosplayers have you covered.

Attached: 8e7ea9c54799363d0d59f855d53990f4.jpg (720x879, 92K)

Don't like how they changed Mar-vell into being a chick and Skrulls being good guys also pretty sure Kree's only come in Blue or White. Dunno why there was a nigger in the team especially since he was only in the movie for like 5 minutes
Brie's acting was so rigid in the movie also her jokes kinda fell flat.

>Jude Law is just Vegeta in Captain Marvel
>Even has the hairline

Actually it was
>bad guy sees good guy destroy entire fleet of bad guys
>pusses out and tries to play the pride game so he doesn't get blasted
This wasn't the end of MGS4, it was literally played for laughs.

>Niche avant garde film
>Existenz

Attached: 013307.jpg (960x1280, 349K)

It was literally a joke when she did it.

You must be new to movies.

>"Bro, I challenge you to a thing I know for a fact I'm going to win"
>"No"
What's the issue

This. Good movie, awful fucking trailers.

The issue is incels are mad that the main character isn't a white guy.

bait harder

Vegeta wouldn't throw down his weapons and try to challenge his opponent to a handicap because he can't win otherwise.
Depending on which Vegeta we're talking about, he'd either pretend to do that and then sucker-punch her, or let her power up fully just to try and show her how tough he is.

>"instead of having a cool fight at the climax of our action film, we just had the bad guy slip on a banana peel! it's a joke!"
Tone deaf filmmaking.

Is Jude Law's superpower repairing his hairline? How the fuck did he do that? Was this film really filmed in the 1990s all along?

Attached: pre-wall.jpg (960x960, 108K)

In a decent movie, the hero would have taken the challenge bravely and overcome it. It's like if, in the Karate Kid, Daniel just pulls out a gun and shoots Johnny in the leg. Kind of a shitty cop-out.

fuggin commie
>IT'S NOT STEALING IT BELONGS TO THE WORKING CLASS

I mean in the sense that he's a bad guy with a large hairline from a powerful race that operates under a guy who blows up and conquers planets for a living.

the british empire wasn't communist, it belonged to anglo museums

you're stealing stuff that was most likely of religious purpose or burial related, then you complain you aint stealing from the country if you put it into your countries museum, so the rich whites can have all the treasures to gaze at.

Attached: 1487734434027.jpg (557x385, 43K)

>"Dude, what if when the Predator de-cloaked to fight Dutch hand-to-hand, Dutch just fought him and died then and there"

When Captain Marvel said "I have nothing to prove to you", a woman in the theatre screamed out a "YES". Gods, this movie makes me feel ashamed to be a man.

>Gods, this movie makes me feel ashamed to be a man.
good, you should

that was an epic fight, i wonder who will win

I can't stand being what I am knowing what my biological sex has done to women all over the world.

But that plays up how much stronger the Predator is because he's an alien and Dutch is just a human being. The whole point is he's completely outmatched and outclassed. So essentially, the movie Captain Marvel is saying "there's no WAY a woman could ever beat a man in a fair fist fight, she'd have to cheat to win!" which is super feminism let me tell you, very positive message. Girls, hate to break it to you, but you can't compete with boys on an even footing. You gotta cheat to even stand a chance.

And that man was Albert Einstein.

I mean hey, I'd bring a gun to a knife fight.

But you're also not a movie or a story. I mean, I wouldn't go to a knife fight period personally. Getting stabbed in real life hurts a lot and really sucks. But that's not how a movie or a story would work.

just become a trap

Jude Law is literally playing an alien, it's established that he's stronger than any regular human.

>me need cool fight or me get bored unga bunga!

You didn't get it, retard. The "I have nothing to prove to you." line wasn't just some gurl power meme, she was literally saying she's above him and his line in the sand.

Attached: 46346727257.jpg (645x729, 57K)

And Captain Marvel has super powers, and recently destroyed the thing that was limiting her powers and thus is stronger when that scene happens (and could probably beat him now thanks to her power increase). She is not a regular human, so you have no point here.

aliens don't exist

He was like those shitter friends that you stomp in a fighting game and say "O-Oh yeah? Well fight me without picking any of these characters and without using any of these moves!"

>"action movies shouldn't have fights in them, especially at the climax of the movie! we should just have women tweeting hashtags at evil men! #nothing2prove2u"
Bold. Brave.

It's not subversion when they were setting that fight unfolding just like that from the beginning.
"You have to use your heaaaaad! Control those emooooootions you emotional woooooman! Oh here we are at the end and you're a fully fleshed out character and the plot dictates you've had growth, I wonder what's going to happen when I hamfist a call back to our opening fight/character establishmeeeeeent?!"

It would have been subversive to actually fight martially.
But that would probably be even more taxing on Larson's bad acting than what we got so you kind of have to work with what you're given.

Jude literally tells her to turn her powers off you mong

>111196900
lmfao you're obviously baiting so no more (You)s for you, brainlet.

And then you beat his ass again anyways because you're the hero of the movie. Like another user pointed out, Daniel-san didn't cry because Johnny was playing "unfair." He stood up to the adversity and overcame it. Captain Marvel doesn't. She chickens out. For a superhero, she's a bad role-model and not heroic at all.

So the scene goes
>Captain Marvel turns off her powers
>the two of them fight
>Captain Marvel gets the upperhand
>the bad guy tries to cheat
>Captain Marvel beats him anyways
This isn't difficult.

>It would have been subversive to actually fight martially.
No it wouldn't have
Just because we saw it coming, doesn't mean it's not subverting an established pattern in movies where the underdog beats the physically superior foe with skill and new found strength

>And then you beat his ass again anyways because you're the hero of the movie.
lmao no you tell your whiny faggot friend to git gud or you stop playing them and go find someone who will.

You're a brainlet who doesn't understand even the simplest of points in writing. My normalfag mom and literal child niece understood it just fine but you want to hate the evil SJW lady so much that you'll convince yourself it meant something it didn't.

Not him but if you forecast it, it's not a subversion. It's the plot playing out exactly as it said it would. There were no expectations that they'd fight because they make it clear that they won't.

>For a superhero, she's a bad role-model and not heroic at all.
It's almost like we've spent the last 50 years trying to make a point of not having every superhero be a boring-ass 1 dimensional character that tells kids to eat their vitamins and stay in school.

Wow boring, despite Jude Law being a better fighter and all but okay, just undermine that first training fight then.

>whining "git gud" is heroic and definitely cinematic
lol yeah I can't wait for Endgame where the Avengers just cry and wail "git gud NOOB" at Thanos until he dies from their collective autism like epic style trolling.

Jesus christ it was an origin story not a boxing match. The only people treating him like some big bad villain that needed a badass final showdown are you nerds.

It's not a subversion of our expectations, but it's still subverting a commonly established trend

You're focusing on your expectations, when I literally said "an established pattern in movies"

Yeah, some can be a boring ass 0 dimensional character that acts like a coward, such as Captain Marvel.

>whining "git gud"
LMFAO what even is this, who "whines" git gud? That's not how it works Yea Forumsfag but I should've known you wouldn't understand.
Git gud is what people tell scrublords like you who think being outskilled is somehow unfair to them.

Which doesn't matter when we aren't expecting "a commonly established trend" because the movie told us it wasn't going to happen.
That's like saying any animation for kids is "subverting established trends" by not being a slasher horror movie and following their tropes. The animated film for kids told you flat out it wasn't going to be that, and never gave you any illusions otherwise. I don't go into Toy Story expecting Andy and his friends to have sex and die, even though that's what happens in some movies.

Seethe harder.

>who "whines" git gud?
Faggots like you. Cry harder.

>coward
What would she accomplish by fighting him on his terms? Tell me one tangible thing it would've done to improve the situation in any way. When my kids try to get in my face for yelling at them should I get down on my knees and try to fight them with my arms tucked back into my shirt or should I smack the shit out of them until they behave? Retard.

People who cry that it's not fair because you used a "broken character" and that you should "git gud" instead of playing something that needs to be "nerfed." Kind of like a woman avoiding a fair fight with a man because men are stronger than women.

Cope.

>What would she accomplish by fighting him on his terms?
Beating his ass in a heroic way, like a superhero. Vastly more satisfying for the action movie-going audience than some dumb quip.

Nobody.

He was right to try and bait her into the only type of fight he can win. He had one single chance, he tried his best to use it.

She was right to just use her powers and not be stupid enough to go for only type of fight she might lose.

She whooped his ass lol.
Cope.

I'll somehow cope with you having your ass handed to you. Don't worry, sugartits.

That's not what happens in the movie. In the movie, she avoids fighting him directly because she knows she would lose. Next time, try watching the movie first before posting.

lol

>fighting him directly
>shoots an energy blast directly into him
no you're right, we should just ban all guns

take it up with /leftypol/, you sissy

>I'm bleeding, making me the victor.

Kree must age slower. Korath and Ronan are in GotG.

>because she knows she would lose
Well damn Endgame will be over real quick if they just drop Yon-Rogg in to tell Thanos to fight him directly.

Attached: DnMITp5U0AE_27t.jpg (640x480, 35K)

Nobody cares that you're on the rag, babydoll.

>"why didn't rocky just shoot apollo creed in the face?"
Big brain thinks.

It was because Ford was afraid he would shit his drawers if he did the scene as scripted.

This has gone from desperation to damage control. I'm just waiting for the "I was merely pretending" finale.

>"I don't need to prove anything to you" cause you're a no good white man etc etc
This is called projecting, kids.

You can claim you were "just trolling" any time you want, pumpkin pie. You've already lost. May as well make it official.

I didn't go to film school, I went to films.

I still don't understand why the kree want to exterminate the skrulls besides "they're our enemy"

>he's going all in

Attached: p1fnerrnfbg11.png (1281x810, 347K)

This is getting sad, man.

There's nothing to understand, they're tyrannical.

Looked way better in my head and even there it looked cringy as fuck.

>user starts samefagging me even though the thread is clearly dead
I accept your concession of defeat. Have a good day.

That's Ms. Marvel you fucking idiot

>James admits he faps to traps.jpg

Attached: 1477286295101.jpg (1366x768, 42K)

>s-samefag

If the thread is so dead why are you still here trying to get the last word? Just accept that you got destroyed.

>The mouse has decided to bypass the talent and likable personality on all their new female leads.

Attached: I bypassed the ability to act.jpg (1146x480, 29K)

It wouldn't be undermining if she'd actually progressed in the meantime.

It's the same character, you fucking faggot.

jesus thats bad

Attached: 1548899833312.jpg (480x371, 14K)

He was brilliant in Side Effects

brie for having a potatoface

it's a scene that makes you actually facepalm when you see it.
Like the one from TLJ, when Rose crashed into Finn "to save him", when in reality they would both die from the crash and the Resistance would die shortly after because the laser shot throug the bunker door.
It doesn't make sense, it doesn't invoke nothing but rage towards a person doing it.
Whoever thought of this scene is a retard.

>Good movie
oh god no, it was awful

What happened to "if you're nothing without the suit then you shouldn't have it"?

What bugged me is the inconsistency with stuff here. Could Kree blasters successfully kill other Krees, Skrulls and Carol? Only one blast, two, three or more? How come some died from one shot but others survived? Sure vital spots ok but Kree have battle suits and Skrulls shapeshift so what does vital points even mean to their alien physiology? Also Carol blasts Yar and Talos a lot and they tank it pretty well but was she holding her punches or were they strong enough to not die? She can't control her powers but can limit how many damage, what?

Based footfag

what the fuck is that pistol

>"to be a truly better fighter and leader, you can't let your emotions get the better of you"
Proceeds to let her emotions get the better of her