Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with...

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

Attached: IMG_5793.jpg (1647x2099, 2.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>2019
>TWOW still isn't out
Fat Fuck just die already

I'm so completely unintetested in the fat fuck's premise. Who gives a fuck about the minutiae of ruling a fictional realm? Only an American could reduce something like high fantasy to garbage about genocide and tax deductions.

fuck asoiaf and lotr

two biggest fantasy franchises on earth with little to no fantasy...fucking hilarious.

Memes aside, was this real life trolling or is he actually retarded?

I could write a book on my save in dwarf fortress that would be more interesting than his body of work.

sunset found her

>basedgoy
>understanding medieval history beyond his commie professors
tolkien is very black and white but thats because he was Catholic. There is only good and evil.

obligatory

Attached: Tolkiens Tax Policy Letter 344.png (812x380, 61K)

I think we all suspect the answer.

The minutiae of ruling a fictional realm full of unrealistic people. Rape and prostitution and female abuse is rampant but women are also knights and warriors and slay queens? A continent full of great mountains and rivers with different fiefdoms and kingdoms answers to one throne? Religion is miniscule and only another minor political institution? Guilds of trade and science consist of a few old men hobbling around in dingy backrooms? There are no endemic peasant rebellions despite the huge power vacuums and constant wars of succcession?

Fat fuck should just scarf a few more donuts and die already. He has no idea what he's talking about.

Yeah, why would you be loyal to a guy like Aragorn? There's no indication that he might be a great king.
I mean he's just a descendent of a powerful dynasty of kings, had enough courage to lead the army of men to the gates of Mordor so Frodo would have a chance at destroying the ring and was a great fighter and an experienced ranger.
Not to forget that in the films (I don't even pretend fat guy read the books) he is shown to be rather humble.
Why would any of that indicate that he's a born leader when we don't know his tax policy?

Honestly it’s a fair question

honestly it's not. Gondor was a feudal state, like every other country in LOTR. you know how they functioned if you are not absolutely retarded.

Obviously Aragorn favored a flat tax in order to spur post war invest in the kingdom

>Writing is hard
>This was maybe my asnwer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with
>LOrd of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if you started a franchise, you finished it
>We look at real history and find that it's not that simple
>Tolkien can say that the trilogy is over and the arcs have finished, and that the characters have gone through their narrative arcs
>But Tolkien doesn't ask the question: What if I don't want to any more?
>Do I just keep writing?
>What if I don't need the money any more?
>And what about all these books left to go?
>By the end of my waning interest, I'm pretty done but the books aren't - there's still stuff needs to be written.
>Do I actually have to do my job and finish what I started?
>Even though I don't care any more?

nobody seems to have invented anything in about three thousand years anywhere in Westeros you fat fuck

thats rich coming from a man whose deepest explanation of the economy is Westeros was "lAnNiStErS rICh CoS dEy HaVe GoLd MiNe Xd"

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to the Anglo-Saxon poets, whom, as much as I admire them, I do quibble with. Beowulf had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. They can say that Beowulf became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was a man most gracious and fair-minded, kindest to his people and keenest to win fame. But they don’t ask the question: What was Beowulf’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all those descendants of Cain? By the end of his battles among the Danes, Grendel and his mother are gone but all of their family isn’t gone – they’re haunting the marches, marauding around the heath and the desolate fens. Did Beowulf pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby monsters, in their little monster cradles?

Attached: 47422AD2-3243-44D8-A771-0672C47D0B56.jpg (306x485, 19K)

Woah John Slow looked like that?!

>A continent full of great mountains and rivers with different fiefdoms and kingdoms answers to one throne?
This is like thinking it's ridiculous for a bunch of African countries to be united under the British Empire. They were united by people who had a huge military advantage over them, before that they were separate kingdoms and in absence of that advantage they naturally fall apart, which is what happens in the series.

Unironically is he autistic?

don't think medieval kings had tax policies. they were largely local issues determined by earls and lieges

>I do quibble with
Embarrassing, makes it sound as if they're equals or contemporaries
Also, "quibble"? Is he going to start calling people mates next?

desu I read the beginning of that story

he's right though, he proved it by ripping off the War of the Roses but he's still right

reminder that this quote is taken out of context and is used by him to highlight the difference between his writing style and tolkien's, not saying that LoTR is bad because it lacks those elements

Tolkien isnt even in the same league as GRRM, its sad seeing the fat fuck trying to come across as his equal in the cheapest way possible -- criticizing someone dead.
If he was alive at the same time as Tolkien i guarantee he wouldnt have said shit in fear of being verbally btfo

This

FINISH

no it's not

it merely reveals the banality of gurm's leftist thinking

kek

it's just the Holy Roman Empire plus England and France, stop pretending you're smart

>This is like thinking it's ridiculous for a bunch of African countries to be united under the British Empire.
BUT THEY WUZ KANGZ

And what happens if Aragon's teeth start decaying? What happens if one of more of his wisdom teeth get stuck? Huh? Every though of that? What happens if Aragorn eats something really bad and shits for days with a bleeding asshole? Never though of that right?

the more she drank..

At least podracing is legal.

Attached: now this is podracing.jpg (736x354, 83K)

FAT PINK

pic related

Attached: gs.jpg (870x1305, 304K)

>Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper
Has he even read Lord of the Rings?

>heh...we never learn Aragorn's tax policy.....v unrealistic....
>also the Lannisters are rich because they built their castle next to a big mountain of gold lol
yikes!

Attached: bike helmet wojak.png (213x237, 7K)

Imagine writing a decent book and later trying to shit on the god of fantasy Tolkien. Fat fuck never finishes shit.

Coincidentally, GRRM hasn't finished writing a book in about three thousand years

No. And he hasn't read history either. A benevolent monarchy has historically been some of the most prosperous and beneficial times to the common man.
Of course vica versa is true too. A tyrannical monarch is responsible for some of the most reprehensible times for the common man.

Neither, it is an overhyped quote taken out of context. Either immediately before this or after this he explains that this is not at all a critique of Tolkien and that he completely understands why Tolkien wrote the way he did.
The "what was his tax policy" isn't that serious nor is it a jab at Tolkien or his writing, its just a way to show how he wants to have a different writing style than much of the fantasy tropes that are common today, he just uses Lotr because its fairly well known and created a lot of these tropes.

GRRM wasn't original in any way, that is the funniest part

Tolkien is to creative literary genius what Martin is to hack pulp idiocy. They both so far surpass anyone else in their field that they will be remembered 1,000 years from now as a kind of yin and yang of fantasy, a Manichaen duality of speculative letters. For every sublime, luminous beauty that Tolkien has gifted the world, Martin has cursed us with a tedious, banal ugliness. It is unfair to compare the two directly on any one point, because Martin is in every way the anti-Tolkien, patently sterile, parasitical, and inferior, but so much so that he becomes a monument in his own right, and counterbalances Tolkien.

Could one exist without the other? Tolkien obviously could. But it is only by the contrast that Martin offers that we can truly appreciate the full depths and heights of Tolkien. Our understanding of Tolkien would be incomplete if Martin had never set pen to page. It is through only the abject failure and futility of Martin that we can approach an apprehension of the true scope and scale of Tolkien's hitherto inconceivable greatness. Perhaps this is what Tolkien had in mind when he wrote about the Music of the Ainur. If Tolkien is a subcreator in the image of Eru, truly Martin is like unto Melkor. It is only reflected in the awfulness of the one that we can fully see the goodness of the other.

underrated

Let’s be real. The fat fuck would have written a trilogy focused on describing banquets and sigils but got bored by the end of book two and never finished three.

based

What was his tax policy?

Attached: Pa_gorg.jpg (933x1400, 724K)

I really like how people who read a book once every ten years act like Tolkin was a talented novelist. He didn't know how to narrate or develope characters and his prose is comically uninspired.

I'm by no means a heavy reader, specially when it comes to fiction, but Tolkiens prose is by all standards really good.
You are just being a contrarian.

>Rape and prostitution and female abuse is rampant but women are also knights and warriors and slay queens?

There were many very successful female rulers, isabele of castille, queen elizabeth, Catherine de medici. granted there were very few female 'knights' but brienne is portrayed as a novelty and openly mocked.

the cuck George R.R. Martin
>can't finish his series
>let the TV adaptation spoil the last books anyway
>writes shitty spin-off books when everyone just wants the last real books in the series
>despite a reputation for killing off major characters, the large majority of fan favorites have blatant plot armor
>is an edgy atheist
>relies on violence and sex for shock value
>What were Aragorn's tax policies?

the stacey J.K. Rowling
>finished her series well in advance of the movies
>wrote the screenplays for some shitty spin-off prequel movies, but they're strictly a bonus for an already completed series
>killed off the majority of fan favorites in the final book
>is a devout Christian
>wrote fantasy for kids because that is what the genre has always been intended for
>pays homage to classic Hero's Journey stories by Tolkien and C.S. Lewis

Attached: q247wwg6ere21.jpg (640x853, 107K)

it's a fair question to explore in your own novel but acting like it's a deficiency to not include it is missing the point

>He didn't know how to narrate or develope characters and his prose is comically uninspired.
I have never heard anyone say this who managed to get past the first half of Fellowship

WE WUZ SEVUN KANGDOMS

How are the tax polices relevant to the story? Fleshing out every minor detail in a setting is a good way to bloat your story with pointless information that distracts you from the story you are telling.

GONDOR CALLS FOR A BILATERAL TARIFF-FREE TRADE PACT.

Attached: gorn.jpg (319x319, 11K)

>draft dodger
>hippie leftist
>shills for immigrants
>obese, lazy and impotent
>failed screenwriter
>his hilariously lame attempt to criticize Tolkien became a meme
>sold his life's work before it was finished
>now his novels aren't even canon anymore and he's okay with it
>basks in spotlight like a fat pig to make up for lifetime of failures
>prose of a fanfic writer
>so dumb and untalented that he got lost in his own story and has no idea how to wrap it up
>doesn't give a fuck about his readers, even though he would be a fat nobody without them

Attached: 1451646091232.png (297x250, 9K)

>>sold his life's work before it was finished

He had to, he needed to get money from it before he died.

What for? He doesn't spend money on anything else than eating in restaurants and collecting fantasy/sci-fi toys, so the cash he made on novels was surely enough. Doesn't have any children to leave it to either.

there is literally nothing wrong with draft dodging

Fuck off back to Yea Forums with your shitty Native Isekai.

Threadly reminder that this guy gave up on his book series because the unexpected stratospheric success of the HBO franchise turned everything on its side and transformed his tale into a pop cultural abomination.

Then please do you fuck.

>women are also knights and warriors and slay queens?
Fuck it, I'll take the bait. The only woman who can be described as a knight in ASOIAF is Brienne and everyone treats her like a freak of nature. Out of warrior women there are northern spearwives and Mormonts, and both of those took up arms by necessity rather than to show off how strong they are. YASS QUEEN Asha eats a big platter of shit for doing what she did.

I don’t know if this already existed but I literally came here just to write something similar.

To spend on eating in more restaurants and collecting more toys.

He ruined his own story before HBO show even started.

>Saruman: "He is gathering all equity to him. Very soon he will adjust a mutual fund-portfolio great enough to match the underlying securities of Middle-Earth."
>Gandalf: "You know this? How?"
>Saruman: "I have seen it."
[Gandalf and Saruman enter another chamber. Upon a plinth sits an object covered in dark cloth]
>Gandalf: "Algorithmic trading is a dangerous tool, Saruman."
>Saruman: "Why? Why should we fear to use it?"

Attached: 1551900060688.jpg (727x400, 60K)

Maario Naharis

Attached: DC7ABA20-B80D-4820-A1EB-4153B423ED5D.jpg (477x318, 52K)

>He ruined his own story before HBO show even started.

explain, book bro?

He also ignored the Faith being a big part of the Andal domination of the southern kingdoms and doesn’t even know that civil wars happened constantly throughout Westerosi history and one is literally the backdrop of the main series. George is a fat fucking idiot, but if that kid was gonna criticize the dumber shit in the series he should’ve just brought up the dogshit prose like everyone else.

>Hold your stocks! Hold your stocks! Brokers of Gondor & Rohan Enterprises, my backers, I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
>A day may come when the projections of analysts fail, when we forsake long-term trends and break all bonds of loyalty, but it is not this day.
>An hour of financial wolves and shattered trusts, when the age of returns comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we trade!!
>By all that you hold dear on this exploitable Earth, I bid you invest, Brokers of the West Side!

Attached: 1387964223010.png (630x265, 265K)

Fourth book (AFFC) came out in 2004 or something and its quality is considerably lower than the original trilogy. It's rather obvious that while he had cohesive, structured plan for the story until that point, he just went with the flow in later two installments and completely lost the plot. And of course there's the fifth book (ADWD) that came out in 2011, still before GoT show became global hit, and it's an embarrassment.

Kek

based demented maario naharis poster

>You think you are wise, Manager. Yet for all your subtleties, you have not wisdom. Do you think the eyes of the White Tower, Inc. are blind? I have seen more than you know. With your left hand you would use me as a security against Mordor Limited, and with your right you would seek to merge with me. I know who trades with Theoden of Rohan Accounting. Oh, yes. Word has reached my ears of this Aragorn, CEO of Arathorn & Sons, and I tell you now, I will not sell to this Speculator from North Manhattan, last of a ragged company long bereft of profit!

Attached: 1551956824182.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Different user, but he made his story so convoluted and bloated that there’s no way that a writer of his skill level is going to be able to get it back under control without just fucking killing 70% of the cast. Basically, the genuinely interesting characters and plot lines have to compete for page space with Daenerys shitting in a field.

>Arbitrage! Arbitrage, investors of Theoden! Stocks shall be shorted, yield curves shall be plotted! A speculative-day, a volatile day... ere the DOW rises! Buy now! Buy now! Buy! Buy to cover... and till the market's closing! Debt! Debt! DEBT!

Attached: 1506346389339.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Yup

>Sauron has regained much of his former liquidity. He cannot yet take corporate form, but his portfolio has lost none of its potency.
>Concealed within his corner office, the CEO of Mordor sees all. His audits pierce wholly-owned subsidiaries, numbered Swiss accounts, and... tax-havens. You know of what I speak, Gandalf: a great Accountant - merciless, wreathed in flame. He is gathering all evidence to him. Very soon he will summon an army of lawyers great enough to file suit against Middle Earth™.
>Against the power of Mordor there can be no victory. We must merge with them, Gandalf. We must merge with Sauron.

Attached: Christopher_Lee_as_Saruman.jpg (400x582, 40K)

But that's hot user.

>still before GoT show became global hit, and it's an embarrassment.

Why?

Attached: 1550498747709.gif (320x310, 2.34M)

Have you read it?

The market is changed.
(השוק משתנה.)
I feel it in the subprimes.
(אני מרגיש את זה בתת-הסובבים.)
I feel it in the swaps.
אני מרגיש את זה בחילופי.
I smell it in the trading floors.
(אני מריח אותו ברצפות המסחר.)

Much that once was profit is loss, for none now trade who short squeeze it.

>Bail me out.
>What?
>I cannot make the payments, you'll have to bail me out!
>Don't tell the IRS

Attached: e3200e7581bd7459627d23eb2d28c588.jpg (621x263, 93K)

Taxposting is one of the best memes Yea Forums has ever produced

how did Tolkien know what a blog is?

>My dear Rockefellers and Rothschilds, Oppenheims and Wallenbergs, Bettencourts, Schwarzmen, Soros, Jack Ma's, Sachs and Goldman.
>Goldmen!
>Today is my one hundred and eleventh investor meeting! Alas, eleventy-one fiscal quarters is far too short a time to climb the corporate ladder among such excellent and admirable capitalists. I don't own half of your businesses half as well as I should like, and I own less than half of your businesses half as well as you deserve.
>I regret to announce, this is the end. I am liquidating my assets now. I bid you all a very fond farewell.

>I suppose you think that was terribly clever.
>Come on Gandalf! Did you see their share prices as the market closed?

Attached: 1421871951587.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

>basks in spotlight like a fat pig to make up for lifetime of failures
He was a well accomplished author before normies discovered GoT.His Sandkings story is one of classics if SF literature.
Personally I think he should have never written GoT, he’s much better at writing stories about dying universe and elder beings planets.

You know what Tolkein did? He finished LotR you fat fuck.

>AND MY ACCESS TO THE SINGLE MARKET

It really is. It feels like a meme from the old days

Attached: e60434bc0c535165f99a10a3dfd178bd_400x1000.jpg (300x300, 24K)

*hits pipe*

Is paying taxes the ultimate form of cuckoldry? Afterall, by paying taxes you are giving the State funds that will often be spent in projects that will not personally benefit you at all, and in fact incompetent managing of public finances means that even a person that consistently pays all of his taxes might find that the roads near his home are not paved, or that State-financed law inforcement is incapable of guaranteeing his personal safety.

Not only that, much of those taxes will inevitably end up going to welfare policies, meaning that your money will be used to that finance the lifestyle of women who benefit nothing to society; because these have no need to find a husband to provide for them, they tend to lead lives full of casual sex and thus will often be fucking other men. In other words you are paying for women to have sex with men that aren't you.

Just think about it logically.

Attached: hits the pipe.jpg (600x681, 79K)

No. Explain it to me.

>He ruined his own story before HBO show even started.
If not for HBO success, he would reveal Planetos to be part of his 1000 Worlds SF setting, and a lost human colony with Others being original aliens of the planet or genetically modified faction of original settlers.There are dozens of hints about this in the book.
Instead we got this because it such a story would be too much for normies.

>I can avoid being audited if I wish. But to avoid taxes entirely, that is a rare gift.

Attached: 7425503.jpg (373x249, 16K)

ASOIAF panders to casual pleb readers and it's already written like a source material for television show. He was never content with being an obscure genre novelist for dedicated nerd readership, honestly I believe that he never enjoyed writing that much to begin with and always wanted to be a TV showrunner. In that sense, GRRM achieved what he always dreamed of - he's the guy behind the most successful TV drama of all times (not that HBO actually let him make any real decisions though).

Reminder he was actually born George Raymond Martin and gave himself another middle name to try and sell himself as the next Tolkien

Kek

Checked. Only if it’s book Dany though.

this quote perfectly encapsulates why he is so beloved by centrist policy wonks

Attached: reaction2.jpg (317x267, 12K)

>Sauron has regained much of his former liquidity. He cannot yet take corporate form, but his portfolio has lost none of its potency.

>Concealed within his corner office, the CEO of Mordor sees all. His audits pierce wholly-owned subsidiaries, appeals, collateral, and... tax-havens. You know of what I speak, Gandalf: a great Accountant, merciless, clothed in a six-button single-breasted chalk-striped suit by Ralph Lauren, a silk tie (also by Ralph Lauren), a cotton broadcloth shirt by Joseph Abboud and shoes from Brooks Brothers.

>He is gathering all evidence to him. Very soon he will summon an army of lawyers great enough to file suit against Middle Earth™. Against the power of Mordor there can be no victory. We must merge with them, Gandalf. We must merge with Sauron.

Attached: Screenshot_20190307-102857_YouTube.jpg (1280x720, 423K)

>A-and my tax!

Attached: rtyrtyty.jpg (550x441, 33K)

Aliens? Wtf? You must be trolling

Besides all useless bloat that user mentioned , even the main characters' plotlines deteriorated badly. Readers waited a decade for new Tyrion chapters and what they got is lame travelogue with highschool-tier exercise in "worldbuilding" where he engages in pig-jousting with cute midget girl and spams his catchphrase like it's a sitcom. There's a new game changing character introduced three quaters through the overall story but he's the most transparent red herring imaginable. Or - remember Mance Rayder, the wildling king who was burnt at the stake in GoT show? Well he's still alive in the novels because Melly gave him a magic shape-shifting amulet so now he's running around Winterfell causing mischief with his gang of spear waifus. It's become a demented anime. There's plenty more surely, it's been years since I read it.

He never answered those questions because they were not relevant.

Martin is big on societies that technologically regressed and forgot their roots in his other works

His prose is fucking awful, i couldn't get past the 3rd book as it felt more like a chore than entertainment.
It's like reading a first person historical account with a focus on pedophilic sex scenes and food

>not worth doing
how can this fat fuck even recover from being roasted before he was even born?

>It's like reading a first person historical account
If only. It's actually a fat American neckbeard self-inserting into what he imagines medieval society looked like.

At least we got Theon and based Jaime chapters. I also personally loved the Wall plot line with Jon and Stannis. The 8 year wait between books has allowed me to realize that there are pretty much no endings for my favorite characters that isn’t going to enrage me at this point so I’ve more or less checked out. Don’t even get me started on the fucking show.

What's Stannis's tax policy?

>never got the twenty page short story of the time Aragon had diarrhea

One can argue that the trilogy drags at parts because he's trying to develop a mythology (ironically adding things that the OP post calls for), but The Hobbit is some of the absolute peak of written fiction and only brainlets would say otherwise.

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.

>I’ve more or less checked out
Yeah, same here. But when someone mentions ADWD the old butthurt still returns.

Shouldn’t be too hard to provide genre comparable examples of the opposite then. In your own time, faggot.

>The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.

Jesus fucking Christ

A Storm of Swords came out in 2000, and he started to struggle immediately after that. Both the fourth and fifth book took him more time to write than the first three combined, and they were nowhere near in quality.

Basically, by the time the show first aired, the book series had been going downhill for a decade. What he's doing with TWOW is just ridiculous at this point.

>What does Stannis offer you? Deductions! Deductions for my taxes and yours, for your company purchases and your internal investments and your failed ventures. Deductions for your bankrupt company, your bankrupt shareholders, your destitute Board of Directors. Deductions!

Attached: df.jpg (777x1490, 519K)

i wanna buy the books but i aint buying a single one until this fat fuck finishes them all im not being left hanging fuck that

>2,798 days since A Dance with Dragons
FINISH THE BOOKS BEFORE YOU DIE OF FAT. TICK TOCK FATTY, AND I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT AN APP TO JERK OFF TO TEENAGE GIRLS. YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S YOUR MOMENT OF FAME ABOUT TO DIE. WHEN THE SHOW ENDS YOU END, FATSO. YOU THINK YOUR PREQUEL SHIT IS GONNA BE ANY GOOD? REALLY? HOW'D NIGHTFLYERS DO? OH THAT'S RIGHT. THEY CANCELLED THAT SHIT. ARE YOU FINALLY DONE FUCKING AROUND? ARE YOU FINALLY READY TO LET ME HAVE THE BATTLE OF ICE? CAN I FINALLY READ ABOUT DUNK AND YOUNG OLD NAN? CAN YOU DO YOUR JOB, YOUR ONE FUCKING JOB, AND WRITE ALREADY FUCK.

Attached: FUCK YOU FAT PIECE OF SHIT.jpg (355x439, 16K)

not OP but Rothfuss is a much better writer than Tolkien and Martin

moar

i wish i had user

Attached: WH HERESY NONE.png (1089x2066, 586K)

where's the work ethnic B? Gotta put out that cawwntant my man

>Rothfuss is a much better writer than Tolkien and Martin

Attached: reaction9.png (456x402, 130K)

lmao

I wish I wasn't a brainlet and I could play this game.

I clapped

Attached: 1549738695963.jpg (1751x1662, 595K)

it's not really hard, just has a steep learning curve and bad interface. download some third party add ons like dwarf therapists and tile sets to make interface better, watch a few tutorials on youtube, and you're golden

Yes yes and when will you finally release TWOW & ADOS fatman George?

Attached: FF28D2EB-5100-4772-8E4A-87C210282E46.jpg (2100x3155, 2.9M)

Please one /got/ thread at a time.

George wants to be compared to Tolkien. Don't give him what he wants.

>tips invisible hat in your direction

But this is a genuined topic, /got/ is just a tourist containment general for newfags or oldfag retards who missed the migration train to 8ch /got/.

Captain Maario Naharis

Attached: 0C8B6B74-CCD2-40FF-A862-D52FDA9A6580.png (477x318, 288K)

>genuined
genuine, obviously

Attached: 1536500639954.png (625x773, 111K)

Will Please shut your dumd fucking autistic mouth, you autist pleb.

>Please shut your dumd fucking autistic mouth, you autist pleb.

Attached: 1438260905848.png (500x500, 9K)

Attached: E3BF2932-49E9-40F2-8D4F-841BF32765FB.jpg (564x846, 78K)

t. angry depressed 4channer neckbeard

Attached: 510C918C-ED3E-4969-80E1-285A4DBD24BB.jpg (618x494, 45K)

This is the best

Attached: 1544240210775.jpg (460x431, 17K)

And despite that D&D forgot mid-show that Mel doesn't need the damn amulet.

Attached: 123354235.png (2873x1609, 3.43M)

She had it stuffed in her pusy

>triggered redditor

>Share the loan

Attached: 1498219828632.jpg (640x480, 45K)

>the people in times of peace...would become restless and discontented

Tolkien was a mind in a million. Martin is a fat schlub who couldnt lick his intellectual feet.

Attached: Gandalf.png (848x452, 294K)

Literally why I never started Game of Thrones. This guy doesnt know or care where it ends, there was no thematic point, no overarching truth or moral to be told. Just another story about sex, murder, and pooping in the grass.

Attached: 3d6b4d6ebeb269ed850e39d3d9fa2897.png (1022x422, 606K)

>Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

Attached: 1530961606690.png (712x802, 323K)

Rimworld is basically DF for babbies, if you can master Rimworld it will make stepping into DF a lot easier

Writing is hard too I gather

Jesus Christ, major kek

>Write GoT
>Whore out to HBO
>Let them massacre Stanis
>Say absolutely nothing
If he's okay with how they wrote off Stanis, he's a fucking hack and deserves to be a footnote in history of literature.
Fucking fat man.

Attached: The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).mp4_snapshot_00.19.45.667.png (1920x800, 1.29M)

Kingly/$10.

I like Tolkien but then Gurm also had Myrish swamp... I guess Tolkien wins out because Martin didn't go out all in and gives a full blown lesbian scene and romance. Oh well, fanfics will take care of it.

>Stanis
You're no friend of the one true King, showfag. Fuck off.

Only mental children who gorge themselves on trash fiction dislike Tolkien's prose. Once you grow up you will hopefully learn to appreciate it. The difference in quality between Tolkien and not just GRRM but practically 99.99% of all writers who write fantasy is staggering. Literally just open any random page of LoTR and read any single paragraph and then compare to it any paragraph from any work of literal parasites like GRRM, Moorcock, or Mieville. If you have any sense of aesthetics you'd realize just big of a difference there is.

After a couple of seasons of GoT I was thinking about buying the fatso books. A friend of mine, who was a day one reader, suggested me to not do this, due the fact he's convinced fatso will die without finishing the saga.

Attached: Chief Irons tax policy.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

theres just one book left. doubt he starts writing another book after it

Tolien isn't even a fantasy writer, LOTR is a great work of modernist literature. fantasy is the genre of people who copied the aesthetics of LOTR, but putting Tolkien in the same cathegory is honestly insulting.

two books left

>LOTR is a great work of modernist literature
It really pains me when people say Tolkien's "good because of his story, not his writing skills". Guy had excellent prose, and an exceptional knowledge of etymology which he employed in his writing; he was, after all, a philologist.

>"good because of his story, not his writing skills"
literally only children who skip pages to battle scenes say this

GRRM deserves exactly none of his success.
First, he's a shitty writer. I'm not saying that he can't write interesting stories, ASOIAF is interesting and entertaining, and definitely addictive to read. But the prose itself isn't very good and you can tell when he falls in a rut and learns a word or an expression, and then literally can't keep himself from using it all the time - nuncle, less than more, nipples on a breastplate.

But writing aside, GRRM's biggest default is that he's an utterly lazy cunt. That TWOW still isn't out yet is laughable, and that he dares to compare himself to writers like Tolkien who left works unfinished is an insult. At least Tolkien finished his fucking novel series he gained popularity with. If it weren't for ASOIAF, Martin would be writing for SyFy series. Then he would have people breathing down his neck for him to finish what he has to do.
He has literally nothing to do except sit around in his giant mansion and type away at his MSDOS machine. He should upgrade to Win95.

I know it's a meme, but I think the best way to visualize just how fucking lazy he is is to look at the work he's done on TWOW thus far.
ADWD has been out for about 7 years. He needs 1500 manuscript pages for TWOW to be complete, and 1500 manuscript pages is 300 * 1500 = 450 000 words.

7 * 365 = 2 555 days.
If he wanted to finish today, all he would have had to do is write 450 000 / 2 555 ~= 175 words a day. This post alone is more than that.

Attached: moe.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Then those children grew up and kept on saying it.

You need to update your shit. We're at 2,798 days now. It's been 8 years.

he's just autistic is all, its the same with those japanese light novels that start with some interesting premise or another then spend decades and 100s of thousands of words building a ridiculously overblown world without developing or resolving the plot
they dont understand that literature needs to be thematic, not just an endless exploration into a made up universe

Fucking moron.

I get it, it was this you were looking for, right?

Attached: 1504540736081.jpg (2448x3264, 779K)

Actually is about lannisport and the valyrions getting fucked.

Is it A Feast For Crows or A Dance With Dragons which is divided into two books, but you are instructed to read the second book while remember that it is happening simultaneously to the first part? I don't think I'm making this up, I've not read them in several years now, but I really didn't like that concept.

Tyrannical monarchs are exceedingly rare tho and they often didn't have the authority to act like a tyrant or the power to get away with such behaviour. Revolutionary governments and elective systems cater to sociopaths that have the disturbing desire to manipulate and worm their way in to positions or power.

Psychos are 1% of the general population but 20% of the population of government leadership and other similar places of authority. We can assume that number grows if we consider the number attempting to climb to the top. Essentially a dickhole monarch is a 1/100 bet while a dickhole politician is 20/100 or higher. Monarchs are more likely to be incompetent but not abusive in their power.

The funny thing is now he can't find a way to transition from the realistic medieval plot to the White Walkers plot and that's why he released even more World Building shit instead of TWOW

Man couldn't even live up to his own standards

ouch

Attached: mfYM7aD.png (347x428, 322K)

>I have no idea what HRE is and I only heard about it through /his/ shitposting

But that's not what he is talking about, is not about realism and he is not implying it is

What is this kekoldry?

Why do tolkienfags pretend tolkien was great?, the guy was a shitty writer, LOTR is all about worldbuilding and it's value it's on fantasy and lore, he was a terrible writer and his best book was the hobbit.

>We look at real history and it’s not that simple.

>Literally just open any random page of LoTR and read any single paragraph and then compare to it any paragraph from any work of literal parasites like GRRM, Moorcock, or Mieville.
Let's. I downloaded some Epub of A Storm of Swords and found this song on one of the pages. Figured we can compare Martin's attempt at writing a song for his little world to Tolkien's.

GRRM:
>In stone halls they burn their great fires,
>in stone halls they forge their sharp spears.
>Whilst I walk alone in the mountains,
>with no true companion but tears.
>They hunt me with dogs in the daylight,
>they hunt me with torches by night.
>For these men who are small can never stand tall,
>whilst giants still walk in the light.
>Oooooooh, I am the LAST of the giants,
>so learn well the words of my song.
>For when I am gone the singing will fade,
>and the silence shall last long and long.

And now Tolkien with a similar theme (though I only include a few verses of it, as it's too long otherwise);
>There hammer on the anvil smote,
>There chisel clove, and graver wrote;
>There forged was blade, and bound was hilt;
>The delver mined, the mason built.
>There beryl, pearl, and opal pale,
>And metal wrought like fishes’ mail,
>Buckler and corslet, axe and sword,
>And shining spears were laid in hoard.

>Unwearied then were Durin’s folk;
>Beneath the mountains music woke:
>The harpers harped, the minstrels sang,
>And at the gates the trumpets rang.

>The world is grey, the mountains old,
>The forge’s fire is ashen-cold;
>No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
>The darkness dwells in Durin’s halls;
>The shadow lies upon his tomb
>In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.

>But still the sunken stars appear
>In dark and windless Mirrormere;
>There lies his crown in water deep,
>Till Durin wakes again from sleep.

go to bed, moorcock

>Gandalf is now as old as the earth, just like in the original story

Tolkien was a true visionary

Attached: 9HTfkmB.png (676x563, 79K)

>as old as the earth

youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg

Attached: 1551367349980.png (542x602, 43K)

That honestly sounds like it would've been a pretty cool twist.

Whatever you may think of Tolkien's prose, it's still insulting to Tolkien to put GRRM on the same level.
Tolkien was a professor at Oxford, GRRM wrote episodes for the Twilight Zone reboot of the 1990s. *laughs* 'Nuff said.

holy fuck
TWO QUADS

Attached: puke.gif (217x199, 588K)

>I am Gandalf the White, and I return to you now at the business-cycle recession.

Attached: 5b480d6d4f4d60218cacf2c524b2f8da.jpg (618x392, 37K)

Systematic genocide is what the orcs and elves deserve desu

check your calendar bro

You forget that the dwarves are an advanced culture, while the giant song is from some savages from beyond the wall so it must be correspondingly simpler.

The chad Martin wins again!

>elves
Nah, Tolkien was elfboo. Thanks to him mixing with elves is legal ( the only acceptable kind of race mixing).

Fuck. He knew what was coming.

2019 is 2019 years after christ or before the common era for secular fags. There are thousands of years according to this system from before Christ was born.

>arrowless t.
>4channer
>neckbeard
>xD im an oldfag here's a pic of moot
R E D D I T

Ok let's try again;

Martin;
>And who are you, the proud lord said,
>that I must bow so low?
>Only a cat of a different coat,
>that’s all the truth I know.
>In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
>a lion still has claws,
>And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
>as long and sharp as yours.
>And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
>that lord of Castamere,
>But now the rains weep o’er his hall,
>with no one there to hear.
>Yes now the rains weep o’er his hall,
>and not a soul to hear.

Tolkien;
>Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
>Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
>Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
>Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
>They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow;
>The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.
>Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning,
>Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?

Attached: 1550013559474.jpg (526x423, 22K)

Yikes

>Writing is hard. This was maybe my answer to finishing my books which, as much I enjoy tax policies, I do prefer watching.

Fourth and fifth books were bloated and mediocre at best.

What's worse, with them he missed a chance to properly set up the incoming grand conflict. It is fucking impossible to satisfyingly resolve his tangle of plot threads without some extraordinary levels of bullshit and author favoritism. Particularly if he is at all serious about finishing this in 2 books (and good luck expecting him to live long enough to write more than 2).

Tolkien built an entire world, languages and all. GRRM copies history and adds DRAGONS. You are a brainlet.

Rothfus' writing is literally, and I do mean literally, about his Gary Sue self insert who relives the author's embarassing college cuck experiences, only this time he's an epic fantasy hero. Again, every single buzzword I just used (Gary Stue, self insert, cuck) is unironically true, and not just some shitposting hyperbole. Guy's prose is fanfic.net tier and it boggles my mind that he's a published, bestselling author.

I laughed harder than I should have upon realizing how right you are.

This is why Tolkein wrote a triology that actually has a start and finish and you are going to die before you finish your pointless fluff.

Thats some nice numbers
Im sorry no one else noticed

>This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him
Tolkien wouldn't even waste a breath on this fat fucking hack.

Attached: 1fe0a2619ffe1eee2772b9255b4a16c1.jpg (500x580, 60K)

>Rothfus
More like cuckfus, I guess.

It's funny that he immediately lost all drive to continue the second he left Uni. Really makes you think.

the President is a draft-dodger

Attached: 1551906449417.jpg (1387x749, 102K)

Just read the books, retard.

>WHERE WHERE WHERE WHERE

Get a thesaurus, Tardtkien. The upper song is also much better because of the juxtaposition of the outcome and the boasting.

Attached: Tolkien fan.png (641x729, 33K)

Potters are fucking trash and probably not even written by the whore.

>what is anaphora
Textbook grrm brainlet

What was Robert's tax policy?

Attached: 24067C4E-CFE6-4FA0-B967-218B2C3AA088.jpg (470x706, 95K)

Whores were exempt.

The Chad Brent Weeks
>decides to ape George's rapey political low-fantasy style and does a much better job of it
>completes his full trilogy of three books in less time than it takes George to write one book of his now 5-of-7 volume trilogy
>submits full trilogy of books to his publisher instead of writing one, getting paid, and then sitting on his ass for years before writing another one
>WHILE holding down a full time job as an english teacher
>builds a world with multiple discrete but fully developed magical systems that are complex but easily understandable
>as well as an equally complex but coherent political ecology
>apparently is a nice guy

Attached: tumblr_m6unwxZqIF1rxrhv4o1_1280.jpg (1024x527, 147K)

The only epic fantasy worth reading is The Worm Ouroboros, a grand tale of men fighting men and when all is said and done, the victors do not rejoice over their antagonist's demise, for they were fine and noble warriors; a lamentation so pure and honorable that the gods themselves step in to right this wrong and the tale begins anew.

How pathetic "hurr gud vs evil" Tolkien and "yass kween slay" Martin are in comparison is beyond words.

Attached: the-worm-ouroboros-1.jpg (1200x1600, 235K)

Attached: gurm brainlet.jpg (645x729, 124K)

Don't blame the man, he's busy.

Attached: george of the jungle.jpg (1600x1379, 264K)

BOB'S WHORE AND BOAR

Just checked this out. Man, fantasy is in the gutter. It's another checklist drivel. Urban setting check. Political intrigue check. "Realistic" take on magic check. Rogue/thief D&D archetype as a protagonist check. Multiple perspective storytelling check. It's a copy of a copy of a copy. Ironic how fantasy writers today have the least imaginstion in all of genre fiction. No wonder guys like Gaiman, Mieville or Vandermeer can write on autopilot and still blow everything else out of water.

What kind of man brings both his wife and his whore?

Attached: 5e8842308ce67dc2587e06c7663dbeca.jpg (710x710, 80K)

Great, where's the HBO special?

>be me
>start reading these
>protag is part of a street kid gang where to keep them in line if they do something wrong the gang leader (also a kid) rapes them and sissifies them

did not continue reading, too edgy 4 me

underrated

Not only quads, but symmetrical quads.

lel

warren buffet. in fact, they all lived in one house.

based gang leader

Attached: ea56733.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

The only fantasy author that is in a similar league of Tolkien is Gene Wolfe with the Book of the new Sun. Though arguably that could count as scifi.
Also I have a weakness for the most anime fantasy series, Wheel of Time

woosh

>muh orcs

They are not even sentient beings. Literally biological weapons

Is Martin actually fucking the pornstar?

what about discworld

>War veteran doesn't know what war is
Bravo George

Who knows.

Attached: Sweet Martin.jpg (920x663, 39K)

You think the fat fuck can still get hard? He's probably been impotent his whole life. She licks his balls and ass while he stuffs his face with pepperoni pizza.

>Leave Asoiaf to me

Attached: 1491640578139.jpg (1366x1759, 1.1M)

Whereas Tolkien spends three pages describing the viscosity of the dew drops on a bundle of grass at the corner end of some 20' dell in the woods.

He probably knows Martin's stuff better than Martin at this point. Both new and old.

There are no baby orcs

GRRM's fuck up was in expanding his story right at the point where he needed to start wrapping up plot-lines and beginning the final act. In retrospect, he should have stuck to his original out-line that had no dragons and had the War of Five Kings resolved in one book.

Finish that story, then if he wants he can write a parallel sequel series about Danaerys Stormborn that takes place in the same universe at at the same time but doesn't interact much at all with the original trilogy of books.

We don't know that for sure.

Go outside, Preston

>111111111

The worst part is Asha Greyjoy and her boyfriend making quips in the middle of a battle while they kill dozens of men. Compare it to how battles were written earlier in the series and it is total fucking cringe. Fan fiction tier shit.

GET

Based quibble posters

I hate how comical the zombies got. Feels like PotC now.

Attached: patrick-bateman.jpg (768x555, 208K)

Underrated

THAT

kill yourself reddit subhuman

And what is your suggested Alternative you first semester humans studies Moron ?

No one is more based than Preston in the Asoiaf fandom. Who pisses off Asoiaf forum cucks more than him?

let the poor starve
let the sick die
let the dead weight slip from the backs of superior people

>Who pisses off Asoiaf forum cucks more than him?
Does he? For what reason?

>"my answer to Tolkien...I do quibble with."
Shut the fuck up. Tolkien didn't pose a question to you nor are you some contemporary who outwits him about his own subject matter.

are you mad bro?

Attached: 1509234888900.jpg (419x480, 22K)

He said, posting on Yea Forums

This sums up the problem with GRRM. He only sees characters as a means to an ends, and not a means in and of themselves. This is why no single character in his collection of pop-fiction is developed beyond the surface level cliches which only exist in a pop-fictional world. One does not read ASOIAF and feel that they know, on a personal level, any Stark or Lannister, but recognizes the same character traits in other pop-fictional characters and thereby evoke the emotional attachment on the shoulders of other writers' shitty characters. Ned Stark's death is not a grievance to the audience because Ned Stark the character is dead, but because Bryan Mills/King Arthur/StockDadCharacter#43 is dead. What GRRM's theory on characters is most similar is to con artists pretending to be seers that use benign universal characteristics to trick others into believing they possess some special power.

So for him, death is the only opportunity his stock 'characters' have to stand apart from other shitty works. He literally is incapable of comprehending how Gandalf, as a character, gives so much more to the meaning of the Lord of the Rings than just a death.

The irony of this is that the death of a Tolkien character has a far greater impact on the reader, even with the survival of Gandalf. Boromir's death, for example, is one that continues to gnaw at the reader even after the completion of the trilogy. One can vacillate between thinking that Boromir died heroically but deservedly for being corrupted by the ring to believing that, within the scope of what Boromir knew, he literally did nothing wrong. Whatever the conclusion, the point is that Boromir's death hurts the reader deeper than Ned Stark's because Boromir is a person, uniquely flawed and uniquely virtuous.

f writers are painters, then Tolkien is Caravaggio and GRRM struggles with stick figures.

Attached: 3e53abaf64d701f6fd48ac7b4e6383d3.jpg (564x703, 56K)

Why does this quote trigger incels so badly

If I can support myself, which I can and do, then I'll be fine.

His crackpot and tinfoil theories (which I love don’t get me wrong) are derived from his unorthodox treatment of the text. A high profile content creator in the anti-Jacobs camp once said he’s being “dishonest” with the text. That’s a starting point.

I think a lot of it stems from the fact that his outlandish content gets much more publicity and discussion than others whose theories and analysis are much more safe.

>invest you fools!

Attached: download (13).jpg (960x540, 40K)

Attached: FB_IMG_1552239197140.jpg (734x766, 64K)

>the more she drank

Absolute kek

Attached: C0F1625B-F457-49DB-A343-394AE7C2FA9C.jpg (480x480, 26K)

I mean I agree with some of that, he does seem to overthink with some of those theories, I doubt Gurm would make it that deep, but keep in mind that he often backs it up with themes from Martin's older scifi works, which makes me think that Preston is onto something here, but it will probably not be as intricate as he would like.

>Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy

Tolkien had a very specific and very much grander vision for his world and in-universe lore than this fat fuck has for his pulp fantasy. He plainly can neither appreciate the majesty of Tolkien nor his ambition. Tolkiens prose far surpasses that of anything written in asoiaf and Tolkiens works will continue with a greater legacy than asoiaf.

Now for the real deal.

Attached: Human Forgeburner.jpg (541x779, 70K)

Jesus Christ now that’s a video I wanna see

Attached: you just know.png (1080x1064, 756K)

Honestly they hate him because he disagreed with R+L=J. They try to pretty it up with sophistry and such but that's all there is. He doesn't agree with their super sikrit pet theory.

i used to defend this guy but honestly after another year of no book im at the point where i dont give a fuck anymore

he can fucking die for all i care

it was written by her. She was clinically crazy and psychotic, and her therapy was to write about the shit she saw. That's why the school's name is fucking Hogwarts and why the Head of the School is named Dumbledore

>his outlandish content gets much more publicity and discussion than others whose theories and analysis are much more safe
Some big shots from r/asoiaf tried to get his channel deleted for exactly that. They have a show on yt too but I forgot the name. It was retarded all around.

>he disagreed with R+L=J
I don't see why, at this point.

Lannistards BTFO

Attached: KKaVubD.jpg (480x272, 55K)

>Some big shots from r/asoiaf tried to get his channel deleted for exactly that.
Why would they do that, imagine being this salty.

I think it started with him getting an AMA there and they were seething because they never got one.

Oh, no doubt that he is looking to deep on a number of things (Dragon Bloodlines), but calling what he’s doing dishonest is way too far. The method of his analysis made the universe so much more interesting for me on a reread, as I tried to apply his manner of thinking to it. Even if it’s all going to be proven bs if a new book comes out.

Yeah that’s probably it.

I love how the guys an auditor in real life.

She's so ugly though. If you are gonna date a porn actress at least date a good looking one.

If you want to talk about some retarded soiboy reddit drama, just make a /got/ thread and fuck off. Thanks.

Is it their Maester Monthly Podcast or whatever? I think it was that account that goes by the name of BryndenBfish.

But there is no huge military advantage. The dragons became a non-threat after the Dance and the Iron Throne remained in power regardless for centuries.

Well if Sam would just lose some fucking weight.

Oh.

>took a little tumble of the fiscal cliff

It's happened before

whats her name again/

Absolute uncanny

>(Dragon Bloodlines)
I liked that one, but I doubt old fart would add something like that in.

It's the german roach who played the dwarves whore

these threads are always so comfy

Attached: 1463139618468.gif (749x578, 160K)

sebel kekilli, the funny whore

Attached: 1461234092675.png (1316x874, 1006K)

>cradles
They didn't have cradles you fucking dumbass. They're corrupted elves that are artificially manufactured. Orcs are made by Sauron and Uruk Hai, the superior version were made by Saruman. All the orcs we see are either created by Sauron or are the remnants of orcs created centuries ago. They don't get old and die like humans because they're elves.

Chad Tolkein
>War veteran
>Lived through the depression
>Accomplished scholar
>Created a modern heroic saga that will live past his age for centuries
>saw the worst humanity had to offer and yet wrote hopeful and optimistic stories about working hard and triumphing against impossible odds.

Virgin GGRM
>draft dodger
>cheesy tv writer
>stories are essentially taking Tolkein's superior work as a template and making them edgy and grimdark teaching the readers that life is pointless and nothing is worth fighting for.

GGRM fucking shit.

What an absolute fucking cuck

Attached: image.jpg (3515x2482, 1.32M)

He is clearly smugly flaunting his 'deep' and 'realistic' fantasy series and has made numerous other snide remarks about Tolkien before like how orcs don't rape anyone so Tolkien didn't depict war realistically.

>KEKilli

Attached: High_f24406_5860641.jpg (200x200, 13K)

really well said.

>Aliens? Wtf? You must be trolling
One of the religious symbols in Westeros is exact copy of Ecological Corps or something symbol from his 1000 Worlds SF setting.Said corps is responsible for terraforming planets and creating new life and genetically engineered creatures.
Also read his guide to Planetos, there are dozens of hints, for example Ashai in the East is a nuked city and there is a radioactive desert on the way there

>think this is memeing
>look it up
>he called the fucking planet Planetos
holy fuck he's just a more narcissistic Gorge Lucas

Im doing a business MBA and I love you