What's the oldest film you've seen to it's completion? It doesn't have to be something that you've actually liked...

What's the oldest film you've seen to it's completion? It doesn't have to be something that you've actually liked, I just want to see how far Yea Forums has gone into film past. Pic related, it made me realize what how awesome German Expressionism was

Attached: poster_03.jpg (800x1200, 529K)

Treasure of the Sierra Madre

The Empire Strikes Back

Nosferatu. Watched it with my grandma when I was 12 and liked it very much.

A Trip to the Moon

Wall E

Star Wars Episode III

Le cochon danseur

Freaks (1932)

Lumière Brothers’ short films (1895)

It's pretty wild how good Caligari is for its time

L'inferno

This one is kino too, also watched it with my grandma.

too kino a topic for this board desu senpai

Sallie Gardner at a Gallop

Metropolis. It’s finely aged, struck me as a 60s movie that may have done it “silent” for effect

Me and the family watch Haxan every christmas. I think you can watch it on the youtub now.

I've seen a still from this, what's it about?

Spartacus.
Great fucking film.
I'm not a huge fan of old films, but Spartacus and Jason And The Argonauts are fucking aweome.

Vampyr

Witchcraft

Attached: poto.jpg (960x1440, 332K)

Probably Mélies' Voyage to the Moon.

Honestly, if you don't watch at least a little silent film you're a fucking pseud

based and redpilled.

Nosforatu. Pure kino.

Oldest film I ever watched in its entirety (that wasn't some one minute long lumiere brothers movie of a carousel or a city street on an ordinary day) was Intolerance. I appreciated the scope and ambition of the film but I'm not sure that I loved it that much.

The oldest films I genuinely like are from the late 20s. Pandora's Box. The Passion of Joan of Arc. Storm over Asia. I don't really like silent films in general. Most of the ones I saw were sort of naive. Also, the people wore so much makeup that they looked like clowns

same

definitely felt creepy, but mostly just boring as hell

My nigga

Actual feature-length? Birth of a Nation. But I've seen quite a few early silent short films though.

Metropolis or Andalusian dog
I'm bored to google who is the oldest

Oh wait i was wrong, Nosferatu is definitely older
I'm a Nosferatu fag too

Nosferatu

When I was 12 I watched a shitton of the old universal monster movies so I eventually went and watched that too.

Very true.

Funny thing. I too watched Nosferatu when I was 12.

what do you have against old films

Tons, if you count MST3K.

Best Robin Hood film to date.

Attached: p940_v_v8_ae.jpg (960x1440, 382K)

At La Ciotat

I thought the damn train was coming right at me

You should watch his earlier film Captain Blood

Attached: captain_blood.jpg (400x600, 133K)

Birth of a Nation 1915. You can watcher films older than that if you want, but it is debatable if anything before that is a movie you 'have' to watch; so to speak.

Some films snobs would argue it isn't actually the first great full length movie but to me that is just trying to one up everyone. To me anything before that isn't worth watching besides a few shorts.

Metropolis would have to be the oldest one. Watched it with my dad some years ago
Great movie. Humphrey Bogart looks like a completely different man with a beard

Attached: CFB1B220-64F6-4D23-9C66-E189406914C8.jpg (1200x919, 154K)

Looks pretty good, thanks for the recommendation user.

D.W. Griffith is absolutely legendary. It’s a travesty that (((corporations))) like Apple don’t distribute his kinos.

Either Trip to the Moon, Great Train Robbery, Birth of a Nation, or any of Emile Cohl's short animations.

I don't really know the exact dates of all of those because pre-20s cinema was a sideshow meme

cinema now is better than it will ever be, there is literally no point to watching anything made before the year 2000

I was expecting more metropolis desu

the first one

Attached: larrivc3a9e_dun_train_en_gare_de_la_ciotat.jpg (500x328, 137K)

Workers Leaving the Lumière Factory

This masterpiece is the oldest "long" movie I've seen
Not the first movie.

Attached: 2-die-nibelungen.jpg (1224x1752, 1019K)

Probably Laurel en Hardy movies.

Metropolis

It came free with a newspaper I got years ago so I watched it

>people thought the train was going to come through the wall and run them down

The cringy fucks even got mad that an actor in film was shooting right at them (the audience). Die now!

Haxan is probably my favorite really old movie and i have watched multiple different versions of it.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 8K)

What is your favorite version? I know it's a unpopular opinion but i really like the 1984 version.

Attached: 919srvlhhcL._SL1500_.jpg (1063x1500, 260K)

Nazis made goat movies

Like what? I have only ever seen Triumph of the Will.

Birth of a Nation

just look at this thread u idiot

I was asking for your personal recommendations you don't have to be a faggot about it.

Frankenstein from 1931, watched it with my family and we really liked it actually. It holds up pretty well even to today.

Birth of a Nation
Was quite good, but the klan looked really silly.

No idea, I've seen a lot. The running horse, the train arrival, the great train robbery and many of the old classics.

>ctrl-f
>no roundhay garden scene
wtf Yea Forums

Iron Man (2008)

Cabiria (1914), assuming we're talking about feature-length films.

Attached: maxresdefault19.jpg (1398x754, 257K)

I saw this last year with a live wurlitzer score it was fantastic

Some 1920s silent film abou

Captain Marvel and I reckon it’s the only movie I’ll ever need!

>no King Kong mentioned
Is it wrong to assume most people have seen this?

posted this in a boomer thread a while back great twist. no one responded
just a month ago brother good shit. the google doodle for it was really good too when they did a 360 degree thing for it.

same. twize actually. once the truncated version with the tangerine dream soundtrack and a few years later the uncut and unmolested print.

based roastie

Attached: Birth_of_a_Nation_theatrical_poster.jpg (961x1482, 1.57M)

I can't stand silent movies

Attached: Very loud on the eastern front.jpg (1330x748, 731K)

This, but the earliest feature film is both parts of Dr Mabuse the gambler

Based.

The best one is the most recent version because they recovered most of (maybe all of) the footage, so its a more complete film