Now that the dust has settled, was he a good villain?

Now that the dust has settled, was he a good villain?

Attached: thanos.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mentalfloss.com/article/576251/brie-larson-pushing-all-female-avengers-movie
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. Shame he’s in the MCU and is probably gonna be taken down by Captain Mary Sue

>Now that the dust has settled
but we're getting a new spider man movie this year

Attached: 12034912.png (317x350, 168K)

No, he's a rip off of Darkseid and his motivation is clearly last minute and half-assed so he doesn't appear comedic

pretty good for a capeshit villain at least

i get it

>dust
hehe

>implying that Thanos is a villian

Nah his motivation was dumb

Yes.
He's a genuine threat.
He appears to have genuine feelings so you can sympathise with him to a certain extent.
His plan isn't entirely stupid... it kinda makes sense, and to be fair it's not like he just killed all the Jews, so in many ways, he's not "literally worse than Hitler".

HERO MOVIE BAD, ME SMART

He needed a reason to argue against infinite resources. Apart from that, solid villain and probably the best capeshit villain after Ozy.

STANDARDS BAD, MUST LIKE EVERYTHING

He was a good villain indeed

although a bit retarded but he doesn't wanna kill unlike in the comic book i don't know why

His plan was fucking retarded but as a villain he was pretty solid.

Not if he lets a girl beat him

bump

Why does he have cat claw marks on his face

>villain

Best Marvel villain, at any rate. Actually is a character.

>was he a good villain

Until he gets punk'd by Captain Marvel, sure, why not?

Attached: 1511657215369.png (434x527, 150K)

He’s a good villain... by Marvel standards.

Don't worry, Marvel is barely in Endgame. It's all about the OG 6 Avengers.

You didn’t watch the post credits scene, did you?

Look at him! Look at this hopeful little Yea Forums incel and LAUGH!

mentalfloss.com/article/576251/brie-larson-pushing-all-female-avengers-movie

Attached: Brie.jpg (655x380, 26K)

No, I just worked on the movie, what the hell do I know

I didn't watch the movie at all

Sounds legit.

Attached: 1552081641046.png (640x360, 252K)

No, him and the movie was completely forgettable.
The MCU has just been getting more and more boring as time went and now I no longer give a to even see how it ends.
Same for DC movies, these generic turds have killed any interest I had in superheroes.

>poor grasp of basic population dynamics
>lacks awareness of non-linearity
No. Now fuck off back to your nintendo containment site

>capeshill
Don't you have some dilation to get to ?

Is it fun to larp?

"Why didn't Thanos just make infinite resources?" is on the same level of stupid as "Why didn't Frodo just take the Eagles to Mordor.” Both are easily explained if you watched the movies. In LOTR they don't use the Eagles because A) their plan is supposed to be secret and B) the eagles are sentient creatures capable of being seduced by the power of the ring. Other reasons are spelled even more in the books with the Eagles being fickle, lazy, and easily killed by farmers with arrows. They only help Gandalf because he did them a favor and they are still reluctant to help him at all.

In IW it is established that Thanos is a brutal bastard that was emotionally damaged by the destruction of his own world, and who believes that saving the universe by forcing societies to change for the better. He sees killing half the population as an act of very tough love on his part. It is not about overpopulation per se, it about societies that would build themselves in such a way that this is an issue in the first place.

1/2

Thanos's MO is to kill half the population of a planet. This serves 2 purposes, 1) to wipeout any existing problems cause by overpopulation and 2) to scare the planet's governing forces into adopting policies that prevent the long term destruction of their society . They always live in fear that Thanos will come back them again if they don't get their shit together. Every planet he did this to showed positive results in favor of advancement instead of destruction. The Snap was this on a universal level. He doesn't want to rule as a micromanaging god, but wants the people to advance on their own and manage their own affairs (provided they comply with his ideas of advancement). You can disagree with his motivations for a number of moral reasons, saying the ends don't justify the means or whatever, but that does not mean his motivations don't make sense on a logical level.

While neither infinite resources or muh eagles are outright stated, they are implied and easily deducible in context. Brainlets need things literally spelled out to them or they think it is a plot hole. And even one line having Thanos saying anything out infinite resources would be radically out of character. Who does Thanos respect in the movie? Quill and Stark. Both are willing to do whatever it takes to succeed and willing to sacrifice everything. Thanos respects strength and will, virtues that are developed only through hardship and life experience. It would be the utmost insult to his principles to simply to give away free resources. Nobody would learn any lessons, grow, or change for the better. The entire universe would stagnate into a Cosmic Idiocracy. That idea would have never even crossed his mind. He is not Galactic Bernie Sanders.

2/2

Is this a pasta?