/trek/

true detective crossover when?

Attached: std.jpg (853x440, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Synthehol
youtube.com/watch?v=_IMBUa7w9K4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>dude not a single human will be religious in the future

Fuck Star Trek and its commie propaganda. This is why true scifi fans prefer Babylon 5 and The Expanse

Attached: C7F11B89-A2F4-4F03-9BAD-FF20780FB7C4.jpg (600x800, 79K)

2020 according to Midnight's Edge

don't you mean 2025

science is my religion!
*tips fedora respectfully in your direction*

>commie propaganda
wat

Attached: buy my shuttle, best price, only 10 left.jpg (1920x1200, 407K)

Well played sir

>W-why are you filming my scenes first, Jonathan?

Attached: Gates Mcfadden 2019.jpg (2200x2942, 1.34M)

>Only direct representation of capitalists in the show are hideous greedy sex-freaks with no honor who can never be trusted
Goddamn commies

She looks like Ru'Afo

Woah

Attached: formerly unmowed lawn.png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

I never realized Gargoyles featured so much Trek.

Attached: riker troi.png (350x263, 145K)

She's going to be the first to drop.

GIVE MY LAWN BACK

Meet me at upper docking pylon port 3.
Bring Daddario.

Attached: Eddington.jpg (1200x916, 441K)

Nah it'll be Denise Crosby. In some weird molasses accident.

damn look at this city slicker with his rigelian loafers and fancy pinkskin spaceship

Attached: sneedi.png (975x600, 693K)

pretty accurate desu

Finknbout dat kase...dem keeds

Kirk>Archer=Sisko>Janeway=Piccard>NuPike>ebil lovca and asian broad

Attached: STD sucks.png (727x902, 822K)

>Are we still on for hasperat tonight, Commander?

Attached: hasperat again.jpg (475x363, 42K)

STD has a huge fanbase on reddit

Where else would it be? You're kinda stating an obvious fact

Whoever made this; Make more!

Attached: nice and impressive.jpg (800x450, 25K)

Sisko was religious GET FUCKED

every Human in Trek believes in Social Justice

of course it does lol
Too bad their parents wont give them money for cbs all access to keep it alive.

Attached: std reddit.png (216x300, 40K)

Your point?

Attached: trek.jpg (804x743, 98K)

almost everyone is a loud majority
and even if true the opinion has shifted
and more so because of how good season 2 is

>season 2
>good

>how good season 2 is

Attached: shitposting.jpg (281x185, 13K)

Just watched Ientity pt. 1 and goddamn if it wasn't Trek-like. Aside from the bit about "your mother hooking up a stereo" they played it straight with a legit threat based on a topical concern.

Attached: nutrekker.gif (800x371, 189K)

>Piccard
He'd make a good captain, I'll give you that user. Too bad you've got the rest of them completely wrong.

Kirk>Picard>Pike>Janeway=Sisko>Archer

Attached: Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-13738,_Auguste_Piccard.jpg (551x800, 56K)

It was one of the better trek 2 parters period imo. Wish STD could get close to that level tbqh.

loud majority thanks
the scores, reviews, and ratings for Season 2 are the same as the first season actually, i just checked RT checking in at 82%
the actual people of merit (the critics) think it's the same

Don't worry captain, I know everything

Attached: 1550345638248.jpg (714x954, 101K)

Im not basing them on their shows but their abilities as a captain. Archer should be much higher and nuPike should be much lower.

thats where youre wrong bucko its amazing
im brining that in as an ad hominem because i'm a cunt

>critics
>people of merit
>on RT

Jesus christ, did you ever drink the koolaid man. The opinions of the masses mean nothing, beyond CBS bosses getting more shekels. It's a virtue signalling mess that cares more about their new "woke" audience than making good star trek. The VFX are alright, but thats it

Attached: trained by vulcans.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

>RT checking in at 82%
Sure it is, they ignore ratings below 3...

Attached: 1542340857630.jpg (546x636, 51K)

>proof
>what
and even if people don't like it it's been a runaway success
you really are a sheep aren't you
in any case
successful enough for a third season, one spinoff show
3 more other shows +1 sporading show

>their new "woke" audience
who cares
they brought new fans into trek
who then explored old trek
and expanded the franchise
lets share what trek has done and spread it to a new audience
>The VFX are alright, but thats it
it's amazing
watch Season 2

You're basing them on the fact that you're an irrational nostalgiafag. Overwise why would TOS Pike be better than nuPike?

As for Archer, we see is the earlier part of his story, where his limited experience leads to some pretty bad decisions which he never has the chance to balance out. He doesn't deserve to be higher on the list than Jane.

Attached: 0b3897cd640f959f7a2dd8c77b1c120e.jpg (800x993, 89K)

>The irony of being called a sheep for disagreeing with the designated shepherding sheep
It's sheep all around, choose a herd that has good taste at least.

Nobody gives a shit about inbred Trump supporters. The woke audience is the only audience worth pursuing.

Im really excited about the picard sh-

Attached: picard director.png (659x599, 571K)

>good taste
that's subjective though

so?

>mfw too woke to care about people with STDs and their problems

Attached: maxresdefault (11).jpg (1280x720, 122K)

what's the point of good reviews if nobody watches it

Attached: 90%.jpg (1024x1339, 199K)

>that low res crop badly plastered onto a bg with clashing resolutions
>piss yellow tinting
>different levels of text dpi
Someone should be fired for that image

TOS pike isn't on my list at all because we don't have enough to reference to make that judgement. Stupid nigger.

>Archer doesn't deserve to be higher then Janeway
Janeway is the most inconsistent captain, shes fucking two completely different people between a 2 episode gap. Archer is consistent, and even though he makes some bad decision due to lack of experience he also makes some brilliant tactical decisions which are more meaningful as hes always fighting an uphill battle due to inferior technology/no fleet support.

It took exhaustive research, sifting through teraquads of data, separating fact from rumour, but eventually I arrived at the truth.

Attached: blowitout.png (697x515, 441K)

All shes done previously are the worst episodes of STD and gotham
>among other terrible television programs

Attached: yikerino.png (647x637, 38K)

The sun shines, the wind blows, the ocean rises, and I demonstrate high class patrician taste.

Attached: TOSVSTNG1.png (947x699, 353K)

Attached: TOSVSTNG2.png (934x705, 483K)

Hey tardcharts, how's it going

Attached: TOSVSTNG3.png (801x601, 324K)

The amount of shilling in this thread is almost mind blowing.
Akoocheemoya Yea Forums is turning to shit

Attached: stay away.png (720x540, 439K)

you missed when last threads OP image was deleted for being anti-STD as well. Apparently CBS has been greasing some palms with hotpockets

Some hilarious fanfic from last thread.
>Batshit insane and incompetent Betazoid skipper
>Romulan defector as XO
>Chief engineer is degenerate from Vulcan stand point
>A horny kitten as another engineering officer
>Exchange officer as head of department, incompetent and doesn't want to learn... not as any head of department, fucking chief medical officer
>Head of science department is borderline criminal
>A mercenary... in Star Trek. No issues with race, but strong woman martial artist... kek
>Pilot seems to be nice lad, but probably has fuckton of shitty performance reports from peers and commanding officers.

These are the people in charge of ship that get hyphenated letter on it's name. That is rare as fuck in Starfleet, so it is xbox huge flagship, wasn't this Galaxy-class ship they lost early on in DS9. So they give Sovereign-class or newer flag ship for the finest crew in the Starfleet.

Attached: face palm.jpg (1440x1080, 97K)

the based inclusion rider strikes again

>and more so because of how good season 2 is

Attached: 1552061796548.jpg (500x375, 45K)

>loud majority thanks
Based retard.

>and even if people don't like it it's been a runaway success

Attached: Really nigga.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Attached: TOSVSTNG4.png (802x601, 424K)

Attached: TOSVSTNG5.png (834x667, 405K)

is that the episode where data chokes picard?

Attached: TOSVSTNG6.png (913x659, 608K)

Attached: TOSVSTNG7.png (797x588, 346K)

Star Trek is pretty much only thing on All Access that brings in subcribers and it does that with just brand recognition alone. They apparently has one well liked original show that they are considering showing on network as well to promote All Access. In addition they have handegg to bring another fanbase that has low overlap with Treks fanbase. What that basically shows is that CBS is wiling to sacrifice their best known TV-brand to prop up their failure of streaming service.

Reason they are going for multiple other Trek-shows is because they want to keep year round subscriptions from people that only subscribed to watch STD and cancelled their subcription on moment season ended.

Attached: TOSVSTNG8.png (813x633, 334K)

Attached: TOSVSTNG9.png (576x652, 386K)

Keeps these up Shatner!

Attached: TOSVSTNG10.png (880x700, 527K)

I can understand Troi but how did you now know that was Riker's voice

@111150252
@111150305
@111150368
@111150755
@111150802
@111150851
>look mom, I'm spamming it again and nobody stops me!

Attached: 1501582745285.png (483x669, 595K)

Attached: TOSVSTNG11.png (808x658, 419K)

Whoah there buddy how much synthehol have you had tonight?

we deserve this spam
forgive us lord as we forgive those who spam against us

whoops

Attached: TOSVSTNG11.png (810x660, 420K)

Attached: ahem.jpg (892x688, 224K)

>Archer is consistent
He's consistently a comfy, likable character and a bad captain. You whine about Jane but Archer's decision about Trip's clone is comparable to that of Janeway regarding Tuvix.

>TOS pike isn't on my list at all because I didn't watch it and I don't have enough to reference to make that judgement
nuPike's participative leadership style is interesting to see. He's more of a manager coordinating a team than a captain.

Attached: platosstepchildren.jpg (825x464, 40K)

work has already begun on the third season
filming to start next month
in any case
successful enough for a third season

sources:

picard show director's twitter
jonathan frakes
boey
i have done my own research that tell me that picard show and DSC s3 have already begun a lot of work

and that movie 4 is very very dead too

You know just going by this TNG was kind of based and redpilled.

The military drama was far more realistic when the writers were veterans, the producer was a vet and some of the actors were combat veterans. All three in play during TOS. Scotty scenes remained the ones that resonate with people of military experience.

The latter shows and movies reeked of fantasy military from comic books. STD and JJ-Trek was just plain silly when it comes to how officers behave and what they could get away with. Written by and for people that have distain for service life or just see it as a government jobs program.

13 days and William Shatner has his 88th birthday.

Attached: spectreofthegunhd0049.jpg (1436x1080, 156K)

Will Uhuru and Sulu outlive him?

Sisko>Kirk>Archer>Janeway>Picard
Spock>Riker>Kira>Chakotay>T'pol

so does fallout 76

True, but the nature of service has changed. The vets working on TOS were likely all WW2 vets, when war was awful but also necessary and noble. Every war since has been some sort of police action without a true sense of fighting evil like the Nazis.

he was literally black space jesus

that's just writing now, everyone has to be a backstabbing asshole and quip machine

>actual new content on /trek/
Based

>sisko top dog
the absolute delusion of ds9fags
At least kirk wasn't a gary stu who got out of otherwise inescapable situation by being space jesus

Archer is a great captain. His only error was thinking that the galaxy wasn't full of short sighted, egotistical sub-humanoids. He quickly corrected that perception.

heres another for you bb

Attached: std fuck off.png (900x574, 138K)

Politics. They're back to drinking whiskey on duty again.

Just finished Identity pt. 2. Holy shit, I can't believe they gave Seth enough budget for that set-piece. It would have been right at home in DS9 S7. Still can't believe the jackass who made Family Guy is making something on-par with actual Trek.

maybe, sulu is only 81 and asian, and as for uhura women live longer than men

Tasha can never truly escape rape

ds9 is unironically peak star trek

top kek!

Attached: very nice.png (261x699, 244K)

yeah I was super impressed with that 2 parter. I think is easily the highest peak that the orville has reached, almost no comedy in the second part too. And to top the off the episode immediately following it is also really good (i wont spoil it for you)
Only negative part is I think they blew most of the seasons budget on that episode but theres only like 3 episodes left so thats ok too.

Thanks based user.

Attached: 1549054183296.png (320x320, 150K)

I never understood why people would drink Synthehol. As I understand you don't get drunk but it still tastes the same. I don't drink vodka because I think it tastes good.

Or was it supposed to only get someone tipsy?

Because he sounds like Riker.

I would say seasons 3-6 of ds9 are tied with seasons 1 and 2 of TOS (and even numbered tos movies) for best ST of all time but that has next to nothing to do with sisko
For the majority of the show hes one of the weaker characters in the ensemble actually. And even at his best hes not necessarily a great captain compared to Kirk or even Picard.
t. ds9 fanboy

It gets you tipsy but you can negate the effects at will as I understand.

>tfw will never have a religion where The Sisko is your messiah
Feels bad man

Attached: 94E6500A-1904-4A62-AFCB-285A3AE80E16.gif (367x278, 1.96M)

It was described in TNG (i think) as still "getting you drunk" but you could "shake it off" if you had to go do shit. Kinda confusing tbqh

Does /trek/ like new Pike? He is the only reason I have been watching Seasons 2.

DING DING DING

no. too little too late.
>actually still watching std
please at least tell me you're not paying for that trash?

Captain I can't give you dubs!
....unless...
.....wait just a minute...hah HAH thats it!

If I route this post through a subspace proxy, and then BOUNCE it through a holodeck conduit, reverse its polarity, and dilute the signal with the dilithium matrix...captain, I think we can check these dubs!

Attached: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (1920x1080, 376K)

Armus is my favorite trek character.

He is not smart.

Attached: no things.jpg (433x543, 37K)

Shorter seasons is probably the way to go anyhow. Seth is really carving himself a nice little universe there. I'm still not high on Nu-lara, an original character would have been better. As-is she comes off like an obvious placeholder which will limit her. Would pay good money for a set of Orville figures in the old Playmates style.

No he's a cuck

Can't bring myself to watch it, sorry.

>EPISODE GOOD BECAUSE LOTS OF PEW PEW

Attached: 25A226D1-9863-4EB4-9F99-84F6A84DEB75.png (644x800, 11K)

>Mr Geordi, did I ever tell you of the time I pounded Vash the Gash? They called me the Risa Rapist, and it most certainly did count.

Attached: picard-laughing001f.jpg (960x472, 46K)

Yeah, the 12 episode seasons aren't so bad. Its just enough to have meaningful development but still short enough to binge in a day.

Based and Trekpilled

>The air is thick as the full capacity crowd waits in total darkness.
>Picard is 15 minutes late to start his speech
>Suddenly, the thunderous roar of African war drums and elephant cries rings out.
>The spotlights focus center stage.
>A battalion of proud black militants lead Picard on stage in nothing but a short pink nightgown, face covered in makeup wearing a bob-cut blonde wig.
>"Crew, tonight is the night that i fulfill my destiny and duty as a sissy white bitch, tonight is the night I lose my manhood forever."
>"Don't do it Captain! It doesn't have to be this way!" Yells Wesley from the crowd, unable to hold his tongue any longer.
>"Ayo shut da fuck up BITCH" booms Tyrique, asserting his Nubian dominance. The silent tension builds for mere seconds before his white neck is snapped by a nearby spectator, purely to bring the attention back to the stage. Wesley's wife is stripped naked and dragged away, presumably to a new life of rape and forced black impregnation.
>"As I was saying" quivered Picard, "Under the counsel of the Admiral Burnham, I have decided to forego that which I do not deserve, my right to reproduce. As we speak, my daughters are being shipped to Qo'noS to repay my debt to our new black overlords. Now without further adieu, let us begin!"
>Within seconds, Picard is impaled anally and orally with 36 inches of black tube steak. While DeMarcus and Javhonte destroy his masculine pride metaphorically, Quintavius pulls out a machete the size of a small child, personally blessed by Tilly and her top shamans and in one swing, removes it literally.
>Picard screams in both pain and liberation as the wound is cauterized with a flaming baobab branch, all the while the two bucks never missing a beat with their relentless spit-roasting.
>Finally, some 2 hours later after all the bulls have satisfied themselves in his holes he is dragged away

It also means we don't have episodes that are just filler

The short lived TNG uniforms with the two seams down the front were the GOAT.

just watched the DS9 episode, where Bajor refused to take in 3 million refugees kek

Hell I’d do the same if it were a bunch of matriarchal feminists with eczema

It was a different time

Reminder that Piglet won the mini marathon and set new records

Attached: star.trek.discovery.s02e03.720p.webrip.x264-tbs[eztv].webm (1280x534, 370K)

memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Synthehol

Attached: 1524830317450.png (880x660, 747K)

Attached: STD not Disco.jpg (600x400, 66K)

Attached: keke.jpg (300x300, 9K)

based user

Attached: Star Trek ENT yup... that was a good series....png (960x1440, 1.58M)

True. theres simply no time for them

He's great but it's a tradition to say STD is shit so just please play along.

>when you see your friend about to make a pepe/wojak edit

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Based and fuckstdpilled

Attached: fuck std and fuck niggers too.png (444x299, 174K)

Ok this is epic

Why are the crews in Star Trek generally so slow to pick up on "an alien entity has possessed one of the crew members" when it happens pretty much every other week?

Attached: finking.png (480x480, 101K)

>>b-but we have a black mc we’re literally the first to do so!

Attached: E98D209E-4F95-4965-BD68-5C54073631D9.png (700x674, 159K)

Why did people trade in gold plated latinum on DS9 if it was a communist utopia?

>tfw you are such a bad character even discovery pretends like you don’t exist

Attached: 30F11B93-AB47-4BDB-A39C-9EBC75659FEB.jpg (434x345, 16K)

Attached: 1551876286555.png (448x336, 124K)

>implying any of the people making STD have seen the movies (or the other shows, really) and didn't just casually browse Memory Alpha for Trek facts
daily reminder Erika Hernandez apparently doesn't exist in the STD verse or is even important enough to merit mention

so i'm halfway through the first season of DS9, and I must say I am enjoying it. it is just outright fun, at times campy even.

Pathetic Dukat, watch this
FOR THE FOUNDERS

Attached: 26BC851D-04FA-4EE3-A6F9-F62BCF932AC1.png (600x450, 422K)

Reddit is fucked. With karma points you literally get penalized for saying anything the people in a board disagree with. Of course there’s a fanbase for STD there.

>I think the writing last episode was bad
>-500 karma
>you can no longer post on this sub

Attached: 7F9E548B-3F53-4FFF-8EB1-4535199E327A.png (1660x1323, 1.18M)

that's pretty much how everyone else operates, bro.

Attached: Picture-9-300x228.png (300x228, 78K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_IMBUa7w9K4

god this is so stupid i love it

Where's Bash at?

This is your reality.

Attached: 5222222222.png (488x658, 434K)

Attached: ffh.jpg (694x530, 62K)

>N-no! It doesn't count! I'm the Enterprise chad!

Attached: 1551472905183.png (448x352, 96K)

too little too late
Saru and Pike were the only characters of note here along with the Admiral of the Europa and some of the Klingorcs

Looks like you're the only virgin again, viewer.

Attached: boobytrap2.jpg (490x377, 42K)

Reading the Communist Manifesto for the bajillionth time I imagine.

Is tilly in a romance yet? I want to watch S2 but I want to know this first. No one will ever tell me if she's been BLACKED yet.

Tilly's been fucked off camera in my canon.

>computer, load program Geordi Rape Party 3
>increase Leah Brahms disgust levels 500%
>disengage safety protocols
>broadcast recording to every workstation
>place replicator biological matter reclaim on standby
>begin program

lol

Attached: .o..jpg (307x307, 17K)

Heart isn't a word. The heart a hollow muscular organ that pumps the blood through the circulatory system by rhythmic contraction and dilation. In vertebrates there may be up to four chambers (as in humans), with two atria and two ventricles. I have no idea what you are trying to convey when you say "I a hollow muscular organ that pumps the blood through the circulatory system by rhythmic contraction and dilation. In vertebrates there may be up to four chambers (as in humans), with two atria and two ventricles Jimmy 2x.

Why didn't they just use the transporter to make Picard a new heart?

daily reminder uniforms>>skinsuits

Attached: Star Trek suits over skinsuits every day.jpg (650x790, 98K)

I'M GONNA SAY THE N WORD

Attached: Douglas_Pabst.jpg (530x530, 177K)

I hope no one would disagree. Literally everyone there looks great.

Yeah. If you're a fag.

Which one in the pic is the skinsuit?

NO ODO DONT DO IT THINK OF SISKO

>Nog.

Pabst beer?

Yes, but I'm still mainly watching for Saru. Session 2 is at least better than 1 so far, not that this says much

Nagilum? He really didn't like niggers.

>it's another glorification of interrarciality episode

filtered faggot

The Prime Directive is as anti-commie as it can be.

Why isn't Burnham down there?
YOU HAD ONE TASK user

Communism is crazy. You cannot take away all personal property from everyone and expect some sort of government to manage it all. Capitalism is based on the reality of the physical world. Individuals control and exchange resources. The role of a government is to ensure the safety of its citizens and a fair economy, not to micromanage commerce and ban trade. While I agree with Marx's views on the struggle between classes and the oppression of those who control production, I will never submit the totalitarianism of a communist state.

Be careful, user. Bashirfag might read this and flip the fuck out at that Starbucks she works at.

Maybe it can be neutralized with something, and there is no hangover.

Attached: dubsminion.png (600x450, 380K)

the libtard wet dream is a single olive skinned race and this somehow makes everyone stop fighting, idk if that was gene roddenberry's view

Marx makes a distinction between personal and private property.

Attached: 1545491686702.jpg (600x404, 75K)

Vulcans live long enough for Sybok to have been born after Burham died, even by old age.
And I think Burnham will die or some shit--I would bet she is the Red Angel.

So in communism, you would own property and be able to engage in personal commerce?

Yes. There would still be a market but it would be heavily regulated by the government. Under communism I can buy and own a car, but any profits would go to the government to pay for things like healthcare and education and not the person who owns the dealershipdealership, which is fine because all his basic needs would be met anyway.

Attached: ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u1.png (549x413, 183K)

>Under communism I can buy and own a car, but any profits would go to the government to pay for things like healthcare and education and not the person who owns the dealershipdealership
Why would that person run a dealership if it provides no benefit for himself? Also, that doesn't sound like communism. That's socialism.

I am not advocating for either of the following, but there is a difference between socialism and communism. Educate yourself.

Private ownership of land however is a big no-no. I really don't understand land ownership. It didn't help Native Americans. Anyone with a gun can own land lol.

Attached: 8e6.png (420x413, 100K)

Bash, you gonna read Gulag Archipelago?

So the government would own the dealership and the means of production to make the car (factory materials etc), but the car would be my personal property. That's what I was taught and how I understand it. Please correct if I'm wrong.

Attached: 0c9.jpg (1024x576, 56K)

Land ownership is a trust between the State and citizenry. The State agrees to allow the landowner to conduct their affairs so long as they do not break the law, and the landowner is trusted to care for the land.

But if the dealership creates no profit for the person who runs it, why would they take on that job?

But what he's saying is there's no motivation for someone to execute production if they do not profit. This is the fundamental flaw with Communist ideals applied within a scarcity-based economy. Products freely given must be produced as cheaply and efficiently as possible and as such their quality is not top of the line, merely sufficient. You cannot under those circumstances make people's lives good enough that altruism kicks in and overcomes greed.

Also, if the government controls production, how would innovation occur? Innovation is driven by things like the desire for easier work, higher profits and taking personal risks based on individualist ideas/perceptions (which is something a committee controlled entity like a government would not do).

Was dr Culber ungayed?

So this is how thick Capital Vol 1 is. I can assure you most of the answers you seek are in here or in volume 2. People for hundreds of years have been discussing dialectic materialism and a bunch of them are more eloquent than me. I'm fucking stoned and it's Saturday and I don't feel like explaining Marx in a thread about Star Trek on a picture board for Chinese cartoons.

Attached: 20190309_181116.jpg (4032x3024, 3.18M)

FFS stick to Star Track posting

Attached: 1548543420691.jpg (780x439, 97K)

Socialism should be a transitional stage where state would own everything, and it would be superseded by communism, where workers would control directly the means of production.
Of course in real life it never got past the socialist mode, like we are supposed to believe there is actual competion and free market in capitalism, and not giant monopolies backed by state power.
In socialism we get dictatorship, and in capitalism we get fascist collusion in the original sense of the word. Either way we are fucked.

The bible/quran/torah/scientology sacred scripture are really thick, but they don't say anything

this thread is now orange

Attached: unknown-125.png (956x468, 248K)

Yeah, based mushrooms aliens

But that's the thing. I personally would rather have the means of production in the hands of the workers or the government itself than in the hands of private individuals stealing my surpluss value. I see it as the lesser of two evils.

Attached: sassyNoir.jpg (378x750, 30K)

I bet if you got a better job you wouldn't be a commie.
So I'm watching Star Trek III right now, Search for Spock, haven't seen it in ages, and don't remember what even happens. Last time I watched it was probably in the 90's.

Attached: 1551971346075.jpg (1381x1061, 152K)

Maybe. Define a better job though? An office job? A lawyer? Skilled labourers lay outside the explotation if the working class because they have something more to sell than just their labour.

I would die five seconds in a cubicle and I would love to go back to school but it costs mad dosh.

Attached: tumblr_inline_o3uqozDcte1rc9u2h_540.jpg (540x402, 40K)

join the military, the Navy, it'll be just like Star Trek. You can be part of the government then.

Democratic socialism is the ideal form of government. Individuals have the ability to work for profits and take personal business ventures based on their own desires, but the republic government (ideally) makes sure that the drive for profits does not destroy the greater good for society and the environment. If you've noticed, both communist states like China and formally unregulated capitalist societies like America have steadily moved towards socialism. Because it makes the most sense. Socialism is the perfect balance between two ultimately destructive extremes.

t. leftypol

You can be my foot slave. You can lecture me on Marx while treading on my balls.

>and more so because of how good season 2 is
it's actually even worse than season 1

>If you've noticed, both communist states like China and formally unregulated capitalist societies like America have steadily moved towards socialism.
Keynesian economics ≠ socialism

Attached: Urinal.png (500x646, 252K)

You sorta replied your own question, learn a trade, it costs less and it will give you freedom. Academy is rotten by "publish or perish," shilling for grant money and exploitation of student loans by universities.

>democratic
>socialism
calling something deomcratic doesn't make it such

That is why democratic was used as a qualifier.

>new Pike
>mirror universe chinese woman
>Saru who's actually cool now
>newly resurrected angry gay black man
>new Spock
if they got rid of burnham the show might work
a mary sue mc was a bold choice tbqh

It's /trek/, you're not allowed to like STD or have any opnions here. Just keep it low, post a 25% meme from time to time and you'll grow, gain (you)s and feel accepted.

You quite make it sound like deep down /trek/ is just Reddit.

The USA has employed a type of hybrid socialism since right before WW2, after free market capitalism led to the Great Depression. Marxist socialism has the defining trait of the government controlling production but the type of socialism employed by the USA regulates production through regulation and taxation.

Some day, people are gonna come up with some sort of a name for this system of government and economy, something that says what we can and can't do out here, should and shouldn't do. But until someone tells me that they've drafted that... directive, I'm gonna have to remind myself every day that we didn't come out here to play commie.

Attached: Real American Hero.jpg (700x394, 29K)

Oops forgot Kira was there, most of them

And the Pentagon. Somehow Americans seem to believe it is not a huge presence of state.

Attached: Marge.jpg (640x480, 71K)

The penny arcade peep show long process in different forms.
In the pass the muttering sickness leaped into our throats, coughing and spitting in the silver morning, frost on our bones. Most of the ape forms died there on the treeless slopes, dumb animal eyes on "me" brought the sickness from white time caves frozen in my throat to hatch in the warm steamlands spitting song of scarlet bursts in egg flesh, beyond the pass, limestone slopes down into a high green savanna and the grass-wind on our genitals, came to a swamp fed by hot springs and mountain ice. and fell in flesh heaps, sick apes spitting blood laugh, sound bubbling in throats torn with the talk sickness, faces and bodies covered with pus foam, animal hair thru the purple sex- flesh, sick sound twisted thru body, underwater music bubbling in blood beds, human faces tentative flicker in and out of focus. We waded into the warm mud-water, hair and ape flesh off in screaming strips, stood naked human bodies covered with phosphorescent green jelly, soft tentative flesh cut with ape wounds, peeling other genitals, fingers and tongues rubbing off the jelly-cover, body melting pleasure-sounds in the warm mud. till the sun went and a blue wind of silence touched human faces and hair. When we came out of the mud we had names.

Attached: 41EF4242-858F-4F0F-9F72-5BB18AC52F0F.jpg (626x960, 50K)

Do any of you speak Klingon without looking it up? I only know a few words.

Attached: gmc.png (1366x768, 123K)

They broke his laws.

Attached: armu.png (1027x783, 596K)

>I would die five seconds in a cubicle
I find this funny. In a Gommunist society you would probably find yourself in such a job supporting the immense bureaucracy required for controlling every aspect of peoples' lives.

I have the dictionary but never bothered to try learning to speak it

Attached: tripfaggotentersthethread.png (1125x681, 66K)

Attached: 1521108785751.jpg (616x765, 147K)

>I would die five seconds in a cubicle
I'll bet the district manager won't be happy to hear you've been shitposting while on the clock.

>viewscreen is a practical effect
Pretty cool

Attached: STV.jpg (1920x804, 236K)

Attached: Captains.png (1500x1896, 1.87M)

>trailblazing role
>female-led superhero movie today of all day
Seems she missed
>Supergirl
>Wonder Woman
>Catwoman
>Elektra

None of those characters saved the galaxy.

Daily reminder that The Orville is to The Next Generation as Star Trek Continues is to The Original Series.

Attached: StarTrekShows.png (1463x1864, 312K)

Neither did Janeway.

I have some spoilers for you gents. Believe me or not

>The Red Angel is Jet Reno. In the original timeline, she thrown into the future by the pulsar. She orchestrated her own rescue in Ep1 so she could be on board Discovery.
>The Machine race from the future are the same who modified V’ger and sent it back. They view organics the same way V’ger did.
>Leland dies this season.
>Pike has a scare that’s similar to the accident that cripples him, but the red angel saves him.

That’s all I know

In that they’re both lead by rapists?

Who is Leland?

Section 31 head

Jesus Alec, Axanar is was half a decade ago, let it go.

He's the one who messes with Bob and then lets Bob take away Laura.

Bro that is literally exactly what happens in Endgame.

The Galaxy? She saved a few billion people on earth, max. If the Borg Queen had actually had done it, the major powers of the galaxy would unite and bring full force to bear upon them and they'd be scrap.

red angel is mirror burnham silly. they've basically already said it in interviews. Lorca will be coming back at the end of the season as well.

Blowing up a borg airport that gets defeated anyway, isn't saving the galaxy.

Attached: star-trek-ds9-q-sisko-angry(3).jpg (692x530, 68K)

Who said that?

Afternoon's Masturbation (up until but not reaching completion).

the showrunners. lorca won't be back in season 2 but he'll be back in the series. If you look at a bunch of interviews they give hints mirror Burnham will bring Lorca back in the mirror universe and she's actually in the normal universe during the season. Jett Reno is actually a mirrorverser

>If you look at a bunch of interviews they give hints
How do you get information by looking at an interview?

Attached: CaptainFandoms.png (1000x1000, 147K)

A bunch of interviews, casts pictures, cast contracts, set photos, reliable leaks etc.

Yes Lorca will be back and probably very powerful.

based

Rate

Attached: Odyssey.png (1318x1228, 226K)

You've reviewed cast contracts, really? Or do you just say shit like this real fast in conversations to win arguments?

It's trash and you should stop posting it here.

The names are shitty and you're more focused on character backstory than storytelling. 2/10, you're a bad writer and I would recommend you not post this anymore.

Attached: Seven.gif (245x184, 923K)

Ill tell you guys and believe me, that past a certain time a post Picard Star Trek can be a bad thing.

It wasn't a Federation starbase, it was Bajoran

I doubt brie even knows who the fuck she is, and if she does it's from orange is the new black.

So do these tweets from STD's editor prove that Midnight's Edge was right? The producers DON'T have the license for canon Star Trek, so either have to make things 25% different or get legal licenses/releases for anything canon they use (like The Cage)? Otherwise, why bother chasing up releases for footage they already own from their own TV show?

Attached: midnightedge.jpg (621x790, 82K)

Why do you post user ?

For the (You)s

>So do these tweets from STD's editor prove that Midnight's Edge was right?
No, dumbass.
>Otherwise, why bother chasing up releases for footage they already own from their own TV show?
Even if you own the footage, the actors have rights concerning re-using the footage used in a different context.

But it also lends credence to the idea that connecting with canon was just an afterthought, they had to come back to separately license later.

This. A lot rules changed in Hollywood regarding the rights and appearances of actors in new productions because of Back to the Future 2 using uncredited footage of Crispin Glover. Since then, most Star Trek productions covered this likelihood in employment contracts, with the biggest standard for most Trek perfomers being likeness rights of the characters they play (which is how they can use basically everyone in the Star Trek Timelines app). Disney/Star Wars had to get likeness rights for Moff Tarkin in Rogue One.

No, it really doesn't. is right, and this has buttfucked Star Trek before, like in the last episode of DS9 when they couldn't show any footage of Terry Farrell. You want to tell me that DS9 didn't have a license to DS9's footage?

>bisexual turbolift lighting

Attached: Turbolift FF.jpg (1920x804, 277K)

Spam is bad.

Attached: 1532305975970.jpg (667x593, 60K)

Attached: 876191.jpg (640x480, 60K)

>the bible doesnt say anything
i can tell you've never read it. seek christ, user.

Attached: Cg7ft76fgure.jpg (1200x669, 117K)

if youre in america you can get free college by serving in the military. its called a GI bill. if you dont use it, you can transfer it to your children within a certain number of years of your discharge and let them get free college.

>children

Attached: thecomic.jpg (851x901, 252K)

so the military is socialism

no. you serve your country and she serves you in return. socialists are retards who dont actually know anything about whats already available to them

Vic Mignogna was #metoo'd a while ago, like month or so. He was fired from all voice over work he does for anime localizations and basically banned from all cons. Naturally mostly anonymous, never reported to authorities and always expired legally.

Damn, I had no idea. He's a high test absolute unit, no doubt he's a pussygrabber.

I live in Pittsburgh which is pretty much his hometown and rumors about Vic and underage girls in the con scene have been around for at least maybe 15 years. He would also hold Sunday mass at conventions.

Attached: blue arms.jpg (680x453, 82K)

but you just admitted that you joined the military for free stuff

Do you think the rumors are true or is it more likely a fabrication of the absolute seething of butthurt atheists?

I think a drunk girl would say she is 18 to sleep with the voice of Edward Elric because drunk girls at anime conventions lie about their age all the fucking time. I'm also saying I know staff members who told me he's a total douchebag. Nothing is ever simple and I would say it is 40% girls thinking lying about their age is a good idea and 60% him being a douchebag and not saying no even though he should fucking know better.

Attached: images-52.jpg (183x275, 10K)

"free" uh no, I was in the military, not the guy you responded to. Trust me, it isn't "free" with all the duty, the watches, the deployments of being out to sea for 6 months straight, and practically every week when in port to run drills. It isn't "free"

>sling has Comet
>turn it on
>babylon 5, never seen it before

holy shit did ds9 completely rip this off

Nice

Also fun update, I just gooled for updates and found out that they have apparently edited him out of credits in some of his older work. He is suing the couple known accusers, former employers and shieet. One of the accusers Monica Rial is complete nutcase, her accusation is that after going to dinner with Vic, she agreed to come watch movies and he kissed her. They were drinking wine and so on. Nothing else happened after she said no. That happened over decade ago. Now it is literal rape. One was some teenage girl that came to conclusion that Vic hugging her after being in photo with he is also a literal rape, that too happened like decade ago.

I'll doubt that rumors are true, if those would be there would have been legal action long long time ago from accusers.

Vic is known to be a divisive character. Either you love him or hate him. There is always drama when he is around.

Attached: current-stardate.png (500x692, 344K)

IAMNAL, but its my understanding that Penn has affirmative defense. Assuming that the girls could in fact be reasonably expected to be their lied about age, he may not have in fact commited a crime. ...he may still be a douchebag though. Have yet to find a court precedent for douchebaggery-status confirmation.

>pic unrelated

Attached: waiting.png (280x276, 4K)

>the dense forests of Vulcan's Forge

Attached: Vulcan's Forge.png (1280x720, 1.29M)

LOL Why did no one show me this before??

Attached: fepfstjvuvc01.jpg (848x768, 70K)

Attached: chicago2013_costumes_28.jpg (750x1000, 673K)

Not at all. Anyone who can read above a 5th grade level could infer that they needed to get permission by the TOS actors who appeared in the footage, including "lots of background actors".

Attached: crossplay.png (1060x794, 1.18M)

please stop posting this

What are you some kind of transphobe? It's natural

Attached: untitled.png (260x194, 85K)

Ever hear of the Pine Barrens?

But it's spam, and spam is... you know...

>transphobe

Not afraid of, just disgusted with.

There IS a difference m8.

Attached: DS9.png (268x402, 206K)

>Midnight's Edge viewer
>read

Attached: 1324612805047.jpg (259x194, 5K)

Uhh, no there isn't, Sweetie.

>not your original user
Are you saying there is no difference between fear and disgust?

>tfw /trek/, even with its rampant shitposting, is the only safe space for me because everywhere else is a smug STD shill fest

Attached: 1539215022651.png (868x751, 19K)

LOL Still mad it's getting a third season and single-handedly revived Trek?

Back to r*ddit with you.

Is holodeck rape wrong?

fucking trannies man

Attached: worfnips.jpg (1283x970, 79K)

Why are Star Trek fans so white?

Attached: Pittsburgh.jpg (1397x1179, 373K)

Because we can appreciate things deeper than "muh dick."

Attached: Best5ofTOS0.png (1564x1299, 3.96M)

why are so many fellow /pol/ niggers on here?

Attached: harry playing drums.jpg (692x530, 83K)

Yea Forums is /pol/ clay
and /x/

Attached: USSS Hillenkoetter.png (2230x1463, 1.79M)

Bottom right corner should be amended.

Attached: starship.jpg (860x361, 77K)

I still Scotty and Spock dislike each other. The video the user posted the other night didn't seem like a pleasant conversation between men that admire one another.

also /k/

Attached: nextupperbuild.jpg (1280x720, 318K)

New