I can't deny it anymore. I actually love the Disney SW Canon

I can't deny it anymore. I actually love the Disney SW Canon.

My heart will always belong to the EU, don't get me wrong. But I have to admit that I'm really really enjoying the original stories Disney is putting out, at least up until the Sequel Trilogy content.
The way all of the stories click into place to tell the greater narrative of the SW universe is too satisfying to quit. It actually has a foot above the EU for that reason.

Go ahead and call me a shill, but if you are remotely curious about Disneys new stories I recommend checking them out. I was sure I would hate them but it was worth it in the long run

Attached: eb2ab1eeffb2f19fe8648b5a7b4faa14ec01fb7a_hq~2.jpg (524x462, 65K)

What the fuck is so fapworthy about Thrawn.
>I'm blue and wear a white uniform, I always look under control
what an amazing badass character

Read the books and find out

>at least up until the Sequel Trilogy content

I couldn't agree more

If you managed to get through first five books of the new lore without being done with it forever, you were a retard to begin with.
>Luke's first conscious use of Force was moving a noodle in his instant ramen soup
>Tarkin is planet killing sociopath because he went hunting with his uncle when he was a kid
>Tarkin and Vader get their Cruiser stolen from parking lot by a bunch of unwashed retards and then spent the rest of the book chasing them like impotent betas, because that CRUISER is apparently a threat to the stability of the Empire
>Vader and Sheev get jumped by a large group of rebels and then spend entire book Holocausting everyone in space and on planet surface using glorious CQC while stronk rebel woman wants to face them using single action blaster

And please, do not use the picture of Thrawn, Disney shat on him in the new lore enough already.

Pic related was actually really good

Attached: 914SHCmJ7lL.jpg (1684x2560, 607K)

He is the only character in the Star Wars lore from the 'evil' side who shows leadership and competence characteristics.
Hero characters are only ever as good as the opposition they face and unorthodox capable Empire admiral with a dedicated crew that loves him is a good example of that

All of these are huge exaggerations or straight up not true

Character that got all of her men killed and a technological miracle lost because an oldtimer threatened her with a single fire blaster while she was wearing fully blasterproof armor cannot be salvaged, no matter what mental gymnastics they make for her in the EU.

everything that has the "Resistance in it is shit. JJ is a hack

Attached: star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg (699x1211, 203K)

when someone goes out of their way to say they aren't something, it usually means they are

Actually you would be surprised. The novel and comic make it pretty convincing.

She really doesn't care about the first order at all. The only thing important to her is survival

In Star Wars terms, Thrawn being the only actually capable 'villain' is fapworthy in and of itself. For all their hemming and hawwing, villains in Star Wars have always been painfully simplistic, like Jabba the Hutt. Apart from Palpatine himself, who was masterful at orchestrating plans right up until ROTJ fucked him out of that by putting himself right in the line of fire for a plan, Thrawn displays the strategic foresight sorely lacking in Star Wars as a whole, and Zahn has to be credited for that. With Resistance, Filoni & Co. are trying really hard to give the First Order that same level of long-term planning that they utterly failed to display in TFA and TLJ, but it's kind of like trying to whistle a sense of purpose into a tornado of haphazard seat-of-the-pants reacting that is all the First Order has done in both sequel movies, where even the barest shred of a plan can be dispelled by the introduction of a single ship or person. Thrawn has, by and large, been immune to the childish idea that one monkey wrench destroys the plan, as both in Zahn's original trilogy and in Rebels, it required monumental asspulls to defeat him because he was head-and-shoulders better at planning and preparation and seeing the moves ahead than his opposition was at every turn, and that makes him special and beloved and eminently fapworthy.

tl;dr Brains are sexy.

Mate.....Heir to the Jedi proved that Hearne should fuck off back to write about Iron Druids
and privilege -shitfest where Luke was completely pushed to the background because Hearne is unable to shove Mary Sues everywhere, Tarkin was a snoozefest, dude liked hunting, clean uniforms and military order etc.
Only decent was Lords of the Sith because of very good action, where Vader and Sheev were tag teaming through first Star Destroyer and then having running battles against entire horde of apex predators, destroying miles of jungle and downing two Assault crafts all the while Sheev was cackling as if he had a first vacation in decades, and then there is this Twilek chick with blaster who was trailing them and ONLY during the last standoff in that bumfuck village she realized that there is something really off about this pensioner and his lumbering bodyguard in black wheezing suit.

Where did I lie? Oh, I know, I said that they got their cruiser stolen, it was actually just a frigate and Moffs and Sheev had emergency meeting about it, just because that frigate could cloak.

I actually dropped Heir to the Jedi halfway through so I won't defend any of those points.

Tarkin was great. I loved the flashbacks of him in the mountains and in no way is that simply what made him a sociopath. It was likely more of his family not even batting an eye at him

>Stronk rebel woman
She wasn't even the main protagonist. Cham was much more of an important leader and character in that book.

Nice copypasta.

I really liked that canon story where everyone started farting so loud you could hear it across the galaxy.

>She wasn't even the main protagonist. Cham was much more of an important leader and character in that book.

Yes, and her constant refusal to asses the ridiculousness of situation while she repeatedly brow beats her superior officer who ha at least some semblance of self-preservation instinct was what dragged the entire book down and Disney does this repeatedly with female characters. Hera spent the entire book about that mining colony just condescendingly sneering at everyone acting as if she was a mana sent from heaven to everyone and this is repeating patern.
Old EU had more female characters than male, and more female characters than the new EU, and none of them are this obnoxious and stupid.

>It was likely more of his family not even batting an eye at him
Which is normal for rich affluent families, children are basically handed to surrogate mothers to raise, and hunting trips don't explain anything about his character, certainly nothing that would point out why Tarkin is the GrandMoff.

>I actually dropped Heir to the Jedi halfway through
You did well - after making her awesome at everything (just like his Iron druid female characters) and making Luke just an accessory to her adventure, Hearne has fridge troped her out of nowhere in the end.

Old pasta. Fuck off, Disneynigger.

Have sex

Did you just assume my celibacy status

>I actually love the Disney SW Canon.
Including the fart wedding?

You can like the canon without liking every aspect or story

its decent. too bad the movies dont show it. the comics are actually pretty fucking good though. even the shitty photobashed art star wars titled series.

t. nu star wars fannoy whos currently rereading thrawn alliances in anticipation for thrawn treason

Based thread honestly

Shill, also, no
Also
Dont you realize this just antagonizes the fans?
Also sage
Also
Fuck you

Have sex

Countersage