Hail the bastards /trek/ unite the fans edition

Attached: trekpike.jpg (350x336, 28K)

Attached: 2E2B8325-7EE9-41F6-BD69-8E67B7F3EB33.png (727x902, 822K)

Attached: 1552133087563.jpg (1422x1063, 781K)

>being proud that garbage trek is being renewed
Odd flex but ok.

Fucking trash episode, Pike didn’t even go to Talos 4 and the intro was completely gratuitous

>Not understanding that Discovery fans are dabbing on brainlets

Weird flex my dude, but OK

Can someone give me a quick explanation to what happened to Captain Lorca? I couldn't get past half of this dogshit shows first season and Lorca was the only character I liked.

>Lorca was a secret asshole from the Mirror Universe. He engineered a coup against the Emperor Georgiou from that universe, but failed and became a fugitive.
>He had sexually groomed the Mirror Burnham from a young age too, who was Georgiou's adopted daughter and who was killed.
>An accident swapped him and the Trek universe's Lorca. Since then, he'd been working behind the scenes to get access to a way home to his universe (Discovery) and to dominate this universe's Michael.
>He succeeds in getting back to the Mirror Universe, where he tries his coup attempt again. This time, our Burnham joins forces with the Emperor and helps defeat him, and he gets disintegrated in the Mirror Universe's version of the spore drive. It's ambiguous whether this means he could come back or not.
>It's also ambiguous what happened to the 'good' Lorca from our universe, so there's a couple of ways he could come back.

I don't know what to think about this. It would be good if it wasn't for the terrible characters that are Burnham and Giorgiou.

Attached: 1552079594832.jpg (1920x4050, 1.03M)

Rate

Attached: Odyssey.png (1318x1228, 226K)

Attached: Urinal.png (500x646, 252K)

He ascended to fungus.

Burnham is terrible, but mirror Georgiou is fun and has since become a regular.

Attached: StarTrekShows.png (1463x1864, 312K)

Attached: Best5ofTOS0.png (1564x1299, 3.96M)

>it's a "creators wanted to make something different but are shackled to riding the coattails of an established franchise so fill their work with references while missing any of the substance" episode

STD would actually improve a lot if they got rid of Burnham

She actually didn't annoy me last time somehow. Maybe it was because of Spock. Tilly is irredeemable at this point though. Total flanderization of her season 1 character.

I don't give A SHIT about canon. It's boring.

Attached: hqdefault-1.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Same with Stamets really. They're really playing up how needy and irritating he is with Hugh back. On the other hand, Hugh remains pretty based.

>Tilly is irredeemable at this point though.
She just has to get fat enough for everyone to ignore her characterization.

I calculated how many Treks there will be by any given year using linear regression.

y = 0.9(year) - 1808.6

12 by 2023.

Attached: 27ffef97f7192ba2f461cfb2bd148d142bfa7e64.jpg (880x660, 131K)

I hated Hugh in Season 1. He's one of my favorites right now.

Liked Tilly in Season 1. Hate her now.
Liked Paul in Season 1. Boring now.
Liked Saru in Season 1. Just okay now.
Hated Ash in Season 1. Favorite now.
Love Lorca in Season 1. I want him back.

I think saru got better.

When is Pike getting justed?

I really enjoyed the pacing of the last three episodes.

The Orville is to The Next Generation as Star Trek Continues is to The Original Series.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1549341685066.jpg (600x681, 84K)

hope hugh kills volk then pulls out stammets tounge, so he cant spk but they can still use him to spore drive.

get fucked shill no tru trek fans would enter this general and talk about that show

I'd say that's a fair comparison. Stays true to faithfully replicating the original's formula, and both run and lead by a rapist who has always been creepy to fans.

Attached: trekmeme.gif (550x268, 2.9M)

>that north korea haircut
woke as fuck!

Attached: 1e1f3153f88686ac261e30786830d2b5.jpg (648x365, 14K)

"""content"""

The re-shoots are standing out like a sore thumb. All the episode intros that aren't Burnham narrated, for example. It seems obvious they're trying to claw together character episodes in the editing bay with new voice-overs.

Were reshoots even a thing? Who sourced that other than ME?

>token white guy can't even save show

I haven't watched but is tillys weight still fluxing?

the only think I don't really like about this whole spock arc is the fact it has to be spock, fucking lazy name dropper writing, 'MEMBER SPOCK, fuck off batman.

why does she have to be spock's adopted sister, they could have her in a new vulcan character's family and literally nothing else has to change.

It only makes sense if we get some good Pike/Spock kino out of it, which The Cage always promised, and which sells the lengths Spock goes to in The Menagerie to save Pike.

I, for one, am thankful that they've setup Michael Burnham's death and the correcting of the timeline.

Obviously the Red Angel is Burnham, and she's inevitably going to sacrifice herself to save the universe, via not saving her childhood self from that vulcan forest monster.

Attached: stds2pikey.png (800x450, 569K)

I like Linus

whos linus?

Never. He's only getting more and more based.

Attached: pike.jpg (1100x800, 91K)

the lizard

at least he can speak now

Attached: black-bolt-994969-1280x0.jpg (1280x721, 109K)

In the pilot ep he did

TOS>TNG=DS9>VOY>ENT>Gay aids>STD

Any other opinion i retarded.

Im now in season 5 of ds9 and that shit is kino as fuck. Quark is pure gold and the tribble episode was great. Also, dax in TOS dress was a top tier.

Are you even old enough to post here?

Is not bad,but i would rather see something more fun
And why it must be always starfleet?
Why we cant have a series about a space pirate gang in the alpha cuadrant doing some raids and having adventures and from time to time working with the starfleet and sometimes against?

TNG>TOS>ENT>DS9>VOY>STD

TOS=TNG>DS9>VOY=STD>ENT

I like how everyone suddenly started to pretend that ENT is anything more than a good popcorn kino.

Attached: 2145136246.jpg (1600x900, 114K)

>so there's a couple of ways he could come back.

So he's the angel

Pike is an anomaly in STD, remining us for good ole ST while we know by what price

pike is barely a character

No user. He's good and he's getting more backstory now. I'll still give you a (you) for not whining about Burnham.

Attached: le face of justice.png (540x500, 245K)

>implying good popcorn kino is somehow worse than STD

TOS>STD>TNG>DS9>VOY>ENT

The original movies are my favourite

4-2-5-3-6-1

Keep your (You). Call me when he grows some balls around Michael

Attached: 1489873143513.png (1200x1000, 646K)

I don't get it. They showed snippets from The Cage before the episode. What did they mean by this? It does not align with the different actors and current cinematography/effects etc so why bother?

50th anniversary of original trek?

To fuel more canon vs "prime" debates.

because it was related to the plot

I think it may be the other way around user.

Anybody got any leaks? I heard the red angel is Michael

Reminder Orville is based.

No Nazi episode.

Dropped

It set up the Talosians and Vina, and established that Pike had been there before. People who haven’t seen TOS wouldn’t have known.

>People who haven’t seen TOS wouldn’t have known.

And of those not all have seen the Pike-pilot I think.

>Its another "O'Brien Gets Sloshed and Goes on a 30 Minute Rant Against the Fucking Cardies" episode
What were they thinking

Attached: 1551567469858.png (519x903, 424K)

Attached: trekkiess.jpg (480x360, 12K)

me2

Why the heck do holograms get sunlight shining on them? Do they all agree to stand next to a window on their respective ships when starting a group call? how does this even work?

Attached: Capture.png (1306x564, 1.4M)

wouldn't it be from where they are standing in the place they are being recorded?

If they were all standing at a window, maybe. But there's moments when the source of light moves and all holograms get the exact same light cast on them, as if they were actually in the room

Hail the cunts

Attached: trekkies.jpg (480x360, 13K)

This is a super cosplay

best trek beaming aboard captain

Attached: Star_Trek_IV_The_Voyage_Home.png (275x376, 165K)