You know, it never did make sense to me. What mistake occurred that made the guy lifting the gate fall...

You know, it never did make sense to me. What mistake occurred that made the guy lifting the gate fall? Why did the raptor transport cage just jolt backwards? Did the raptors ram themselves against the rear of the cage? I didn't see them do that and I kind of doubt it would work anyway since the carrier got locked into position.

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 573K)

>Did the raptors ram themselves against the rear of the cage?
IIRC, yes.
> I kind of doubt it would work anyway since the carrier got locked into position.
I always assumed it either didn't get locked correctly or that the locks were either faulty or inadequate.

Could definitely have been explained better, though. But part of the thing with that scene is that Spielberg was trying to do the same thing he did with Jaws and maximize the scariness of the the raptors by not showing them to the audience until the latter part of the film.

The Rex paddock scene makes even less sense. Very much an emotion over logic approach to filmmaking, but fuck, did Spielberg ever pull it off in JP.

I always assumed there was a cliff running perpendicular to the paddock fence that was set just before where the T-rex broke through.

The trex was actually a tree dwelling creature

j-park is flawless and shut your stupid fucking mouths.

Attached: ppwp.jpg (263x192, 8K)

I wouldn't call the lack of transparency surrounding the action so much a flaw as a trade-off. Like I said, it was kept obscure for a reason (and I consider it a good reason at that, in case it wasn't clear), but that comes at the cost of being potentially confusing.

Made me chuckle

Well every actor in the movie gives an A+ performance, even the kids

>Did the raptors ram themselves against the rear of the cage?
>IIRC, yes.
The position of the camera always confused me since it implied the raptor rushed towards the front as opposed to the back.
They should have stuck with showing us only one side of the cage instead of breifly cutting to the other side as the raptor rammed it and then back again.

"Shoot her!, Shoot her!"
Did they actually shoot her or is this the same raptor from later on in the movie?

>locked correctly or that the locks were either faulty or inadequate.
Considering Hammond cut corners, this is highly likely

>Raptors proceeds to get zipped by 5.56
Pretty sure they roasted it

Shut your whore mouth. He spared no expense.

>gets jewed by costa rica into buying volcanic islands for cheap

here

It is a strange scene to open with; it feels like a cold-open- admittedly a sloppy one- and it is one of the weakest scenes (the 'rebooting the system' bit with Sam Jackson's arm landing on Dern's arm perfectly is probably the worst), but it tries to assert a tone of danger, violence, and mishandling of something beyond their abilities of control, so I tend to forgive it's clumsiness.

I actually kinda forget its in the movie until I re-watch it every couple years or so. Last time I did it was in an outdoor theatre in Australia in the middle of the outback with fruit bats with wingspans of 4ft and actual palm trees and I couldn't have picked a better setting.

>it feels like a cold-open
That's classic Spielberg though.

>It is a strange scene to open with; it feels like a cold-open- admittedly a sloppy one- and it is one of the weakest scenes
Perfectly sums up my thoughts on it. They should've put more effort into reworking it. It falls flat compared to Jaws or Raiders for what he was attempting

things often go as people don't intend
it's the primary theme of the fucking movie your retard

They really shit the bed with the 4k release of this.
TLW looks better. JP3 looks dull.
JW & FK look great.

Really? That's disappointing. I guess I'll wait for the 8k release...

fair enough, apparently I don't know Spielberg as well as I oughta if that's the case, I will now backcomb his catalogue for this touchstone.

j-park was a confluence of brilliant Crichton, dinosaurs and golden-era Spielberg, and a very drunk time in my life where all we had for entertainment was Dynasty 4: Generals on PS2 and all the DVDs I had amassed in my short tenure as a 24-year old piece of shit.

I took to watching special features because we were out of movies to watch, and getting drunk on the cheapest beer possible and eating garbage pizza 73 took up the rest of our faculties, logistics and finances.

They used a shitty mastering.
Guess you'll wait for me to fucking shoot you.

No I'll just pirate it and wait for a release worth buying

Yes
The raptors rammed the back of the box
Guy fell because he lost his balance
Locks failed

The point of this scene was to give a

Know what , I shouldn’t have to explain it. Fuck you all

I need to rewatch Jaws very soon. fuck, that movie is so deadly; never paid enough attention to its score.

Indy; I never got so on board with, especially since the Last Crusade was my last taste of the series and its a piece of shit that left that taste in my mouth, but I might have to give the Jones Trilogy a re-run as I haven't seen the first one since I was, like ten.