CAPTAIN MARVEL - MOVIE THEATERS EMPTY WORLDWIDE

$150M+ opening weekend domestically.

But the theaters are empty, despite being advertised as sold out? What's going on?

Attached: empty.png (1366x768, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PX1fCBhuhU4
archive.li/FSksF
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>11:20pm
yeah

It's Friday night user

11:20 PM on a Friday night for a movie that was just released? Yeah, it should be packed.

cope harder and have sex

Attached: 1535264560999.jpg (1400x814, 446K)

Have sex

>going out to the movies at 11:20pm on Friday
what the fuck, don’t you guys work on Friday?

Isn't 10pm prime time for movies? Why is it so fucking empty in the theaters?

Attached: empty.png (1366x768, 544K)

I hardly do anything anymore because im a 37 year old boomer but ten years ago I almost always say a movie Friday night

Excuse. Everyone keeps suggesting I should have sex. I’d like to very much.

Can someone recommend where sex can be found in the easiest way?

dis guy doesn't go out much does he. I go to the late night showing of premiers which are usually on Thursday not friday. Every Marvel movie I've gone to on a Thursday opening night (9pm/11pm/12am) showings has been packed. Even Antman 2. I have never seen so many empty seats for a late night premier.

Disney through NGOs mass buy tickers online.

Wtf?

They're still playing Alita? And why is Robert's co-worker making fun of Captain Marve?

FIRE HIM!!!

Attached: empty.png (1366x768, 349K)

I work 8-5 m-f like a responsible adult. male

10pm is prime after dinner movie time, usually packed

Disney bought a shit ton of tickets from themselves to make it look like it had a better box office on premier night, falsely believing enough people would actually go to see the movie that it wouldn't be suspicious.

why is he 2+ hrs early???

If you watch captain marvel, a random gypsy will spawn to your bed

>Durkadurka
There's no fucking way that name is real

>walk into empty theater
>take picture
>post online saying it's for CM
Yeah I'm sure an opening weekend MCU movie is being shown only in that small ass theater. Meanwhile, several doors down it's actually full up on the bigger screens. is there really any length you guys won't go to?

I work weekdays, 9 to 5, like most people. I've gone to 11:20 PM shows on Fridays and yeah they were packed or nearly packed. I think you're confusing AM and PM. 11:20 PM at night, 40 minutes before midnight.

time is a feminist construct meant to restrain the power of the white male to construct his own reality

False alarm, guys! Empty theaters are apparently a GOOD thing

#Winning
#EmptyTheatersForCaptainMarvel

Attached: empty.png (1366x768, 772K)

He isn't. It says "8:18 PM" because the poster is in a different time zone.

>imagine coping this badly

Attached: 1535361415507.jpg (1080x1184, 366K)

>what are timezones

Are you fucking retarded?

Looks like they finna bout to slaw

Empty theaters are nice for the one or two people in the otherwise empty theater. Sucks for the people who made the movie and the theater who are losing out money.

They actually started the controversy back after the very first trailer was released..

That whole "she doesn't smile" bullshit that made headlines and was caused by incel trolls?

Apparently in the movie there's a scene where a man on a motorcycle says to Brie "give me a smile hunnie" that was confirmed to not be a reshoot.

The "Brie doesn't smile" trolling was Marvel. They created the faux outrage.

My movie theater had maybe 20 people in it for a 2:30 showing.

Attached: 1445067380372.png (235x235, 129K)

Here is what's going on:

I'll make it very simple and clear: Captain Marvel is really worth a watch. It's just entertaining and visually impressive, exactly what it was meant to be.

Just keep this in mind that it's an origin story so don't go looking for an overstuffed complex story. It's just a fun action movie that introduces us to a new superhero Captain Marvel, played brilliantly by Brie Larson. I became an instant fan watching her in this action heroine avatar, something she manages to pull off with ease. Watch her in the action sequences and there's no way you can't be impressed. Viewers were literally cheering for some of the most heroic moments in the film. Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury is as awesome as always, it's just that his character feels even better and refined than what we've seen. Jude Law is also quite good, and so are Ben Mendelsohn and Lashana Lynch.

But the one character that ultimately steals the show is Goose, the cat. Some of the sequences involving her are so hilarious that it was really difficult to stop laughing.

Visual effects are excellent, and the IMAX 3D viewing just elevated them. And since it's most importantly an action movie, every single action sequence it delivers is impressive, especially the train sequence. I would call it one of the major highlights of the movie. Cinematography in certain portions is really impressive. Humor, like any other MCU movie, is top notch and really manages to make you laugh.

They even used the same words!!

Attached: 1548053437744.png (800x480, 296K)

am or pm?

it actually started by that TSA agent. Brie shoehorned it in the movie

Attached: baited.jpg (450x256, 15K)

This whole thread is cope because the critics didn't hate it enough and it's making too much money already. OP is S E E T H I N G which is why all these screenshots are 2hrs behind the posts. OP is some CA beaner who's posting these.

Looks like a Cinemark. I love how they designed their recliner rows, it really isolates you from anyone not in your row and lets everyone only focus on the movie.

Any movie theater without stadium recliners is garbage.

what fucking theater do you go to that has showings at 2am

No. 7:00 PM, 7:30 PM, 8:00 PM and 8:30 PM are the key slots. 9:00 PM and 9:30 PM are still good, but anything after 9:45 PM is pretty much dead zones that only really popular movies are able to take advantage of. Once 10:00 PM hits, that's when staff gets chopped in half and all that's left is a skeleton crew.

I remember the Prequels being fucking jammed all day. There's no way they cleared out that fast.

>Thinks they play movies at 2:30 AM
JFC this board is dumb

this is shitposting sweaty, you're the one coping

Attached: 1534916938864.jpg (869x767, 367K)

Theatres don't play movies at 2:30 am you absolute retard.

This is prime time, no? 6pm to midnight is where the theaters are supposed to be the most packed?

How is this movie making $150M+ domestically for the opening weekend when virtually EVERY theater is empty, but reporting that they are selling out?

Just where IS everybody? Where is the money and sold out tickets coming from?

Attached: empty.png (1366x768, 853K)

Alita is playing at least through next Thursday, probably a week after that too. There's really no other big blockbusters coming to kick it out yet.

20 people, that's a yikes from me then

Being alone in a theater is an experience. It can be creepy at first, but then it's just your own private screening.

THIS!

4pm is empty, 6pm is empty, 8pm is empty, 10pm is empty, midnight is empty. There has NEVER been a movie in the history of the universe that has sold out a theater during those times. During the first day of release. Literally never.

The only time a movie has sold out is on 7:47pm and 32 seconds on the 17th hour of the release date in my theater and nowhere else sorry no pictures.

>subtle Yang posting

this is getting out of hand.

That’s because people actually liked the prequels and then it became a meme to hate on them . Now they are once again being seen for the pure enjoyment they really were.

Nothing gets by you, does it, user?

KYS liberal shit

chad stevens looks so beta
yikes

Attached: trolling.png (755x1255, 29K)

Everything will be made clear next week. The mouse has a huge pull on this shit, and Opening weekend is a big deal. Disney wants the narrative that Captain Marvel "triumphed" over the bad incels, convincing the normies the movie is good and lead into positive feeling going into Endgame, and beyond.

If it underperformed this weekend, all their plans would've gone up in smoke. Their willing to risk a big drop off for the opening weekend buzz.

This.

Yeah, but those theaters aren't just "Not sold out", they're literally the exact OPPOSITE of "sold out"

They're... Sold in? Bought out? No.
What do you call it when every seat is still available?

*They're willing to risk a big drop

A lot of Captain Marvel's marketing and promotion was soliciting tickets for tree. To colleges, to American Eagle, and likely tons of other places. They probably gave out hundreds of thousands if not millions of free tickets, and Disney can likely claim that as box office even if they paid for it themselves.

yes every threater in the world is empty. just like last week disney forced all the theaters to show only CM in every threater in the world. now everyone is seeing all the movies that disney forced theaters to not show. and disney bought their own tickets to those empty theaters. because giant corporations hate money. and then they paid their direct competition to shill CM on their review site. and then they paid all the reviewers for positive reviews. and then they paid Yea Forums for me to make this post. because that's the kind of cold, impersonal, business decisions that Disney is famous for. Not making any money but paying off everyone to say they are. I bet you have a copy of "The Art of the Deal" on your nightstand.

Marvel over-booked screening rooms to reduce competition. That is why so many are empty.

tricked hard
cope harder

Yes, this. These numbers are faked

If Disney is actually buying out their own theaters out, how many are they actually buying out?

Will Saturday be empty? Sunday too? The rest of the week?

Attached: empty.png (1366x768, 690K)

This too. My local 20-screen cinema has 22 regular showtimes. That's fucking insane when most blockbusters, even Infinity War and Star Wars tend to get more like 15 with all formats included.

>Not making any money but paying off everyone to say they are.
You present this as if its unreasonable.

Protip: It works well enough for China.

>Why is it so fucking empty in the theaters?

Women are in the kitchen making sandwiches for their fellas.

Attached: jill sandwich.png (798x739, 253K)

>Watch her in the action sequences
that's not HER

Money laundering

> because giant corporations hate money.

Captain Marvel isn’t about making money, it’s about shilling a political / social agenda.

Would Disney like to make a ton of money off the flick? Sure, but they knew going in that this man-hating feminazi flick wasn’t going to appeal to the overwhelmingly White male fanbase, (and womyn and minorities have never given a shit about capeshit) so they’re willing to take a loss as long as they can get the message out.

It's propaganda, profit doesn't facto into the equation.

Attached: tumblr_osl2f9WoEG1umzi0so1_1280.jpg (1185x1200, 323K)

You guys know that they can go to literally any other movie and claim that it's Captain Marvel right?

>Everything will be made clear next week. The mouse has a huge pull on this shit, and Opening weekend is a big deal. Disney wants the narrative that Captain Marvel "triumphed" over the bad incels, convincing the normies the movie is good and lead into positive feeling going into Endgame, and beyond.

I don't think it's that, if this movie bombs then heads will roll like Kathleen Kennedy's. Who are the ones that will get blamed for Captain Marvel bombing?

Attached: Elena.jpg (189x227, 20K)

Tiny Hitler makes me laugh everytime.

corporate executives have a legal, fiduciary duty to make money for the company. they can be removed for making decisions that result in a loss of money for a company. you don't know shit about business you moron.

Nah, that's modern art. This is more just taking a massive financial hit because they want to enact social changes, which benefits them in the long run.

But modern art is money laundering, when you have a piece of garbage worth tens of millions made by a living artist that's a literal who.

>records the empty theater
>while the movie is playing on the screen

How much more can you shills shill?

Attached: 1552069680482.png (1150x868, 271K)

Y'know what I just realized is funny about the Marvel "Cap is a leftist" meme?

Any GOOD version of Cap would have some thoughtful and nuanced thing to say about any one of those signs being held up behind him.
But these people HATE nuance.
Nuance makes you an "apologist", which is a "Borderline-racist/sexist/whatever", which is just as bad as BEING a "racist/sexist/whatever".

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

> corporate executives have a legal, fiduciary duty to make money for the company.

Go ahead and prove the corporate executives of Disney _purposely_ chose politics over profit.

You can’t, Disney can simply tell the investors the movie wasn’t as successful as expected.

This.
I'm not saying they necessarily ARE putting politics over their responsibilities, but lrn2Plausible Deniability. Cuz that's what you have when ever ad agency on earth is telling people that, "The future is woke".

THIS

Attached: 1541420209951.png (300x300, 112K)

>you can't prove they chose politics over profits
>so that proves that they chose politics over profits
do you ever wonder why you're a loser?

If he's a loser, then why are you the one getting salty?

my showing was packed. what are you incels larping about again lmao
your lies are pathetic

The absolute state of the Movie industry.
Once they used to produce art.

Attached: 1551948235581.png (220x236, 100K)

Protip: when you needlessly spew bile, it makes it really obvious that you're just a shitposter telling lies.

You've as good as admitted that your theater was empty too.

>go see captain marvel on Friday night
>FINNA BE SLAW
>THEATER SLICK EMPTY

Attached: image.png (512x666, 153K)

Why are you lying on the internet?

Just depends where you go. Theaters out in the burbs only fill up for the biggest blockbusters.

Joey salads hahaha everything he does is fake

Hahaha women BTFO

>takes pic of front two rows
>you can actually see people in the second row
>joey salads

Lol yeah, I bet he bought out the theater and made it look empty!

MARVELBROS WHERE WE AT???

Attached: 1542869035336.jpg (486x409, 45K)

Saw Superbad with my little brother and we were the only ones there

Best movie going experience of my life

Fuck off. The prequels were ridiculed and hated when they first came out. Stop trying to rewrite history

>pic

How about you watch the video, you faggot shill?

>work 9-5
>watch movie at 10pm
>fall asleep after 20 minutes
>regain consciousness in bright theatre with people trying to pass your chair without waking you up and making jokes about you

Attached: 1512614551861.jpg (570x751, 79K)

Where are the pictures of PACKED theaters?

Why do so many people insist on believing that;

A. Hollywood is a meritocracy where only the smart and talented are successful.
B. Hollywood doesn’t have a political / social agenda.

Disney and the investors in Captain Marvel literally and truly believe in the SJW message the movie is promoting.

They may be disappointed that the movie didn’t make a shit load of money but they knew going in that this was likely to be the case, as they had ample evidence from the Star Wars flicks that the mostly White male fan base has no interest in being lectured by some cunty feminazi, yet the made the movie ANYWAYS.

Surely a corporation full of smart and talented people would have learned from its mistakes and made adjustments but they didn’t, in fact Disney doubled-down on the SJW feminism for Captain Marvel.

The _only_ conclusion one can reach from this, is that they don’t care if they lose money on the movie as long as the political message is promoted.

Attached: f85b08c7059e5fc5b3d92a968717ded7--ms-marvel-captain-marvel.jpg (390x323, 46K)

LOL

Some trannies are subtle.

>The _only_ conclusion one can reach from this, is that they don’t care if they lose money on the movie as long as the political message is promoted.

I hear that Brie Larson has signed a contract to appear in seven movies as Captain Marvel so not caring about losing money on this movie is mostly likely them trying to maintain good first impressions because if this movie flops then the future installments involving Captain Marvel will.

Attached: 1550577025388.jpg (540x540, 32K)

Why do you insist own believing that you are a significant portion of the market? Or that companies should only pander to you? Or that the agendas you hate sell better than the ones you like?

Imagine there's two people who work for the SJW agenda. But one truly believes in it on its own merits. The other makes money off it. They both promote it, spend money on it, and bolster it. The result is the same, regardless of who "truly" believes in it. Pretending to care is caring.

Stop acting like sucking /pol/'s dick gives you some incredible political insight. You get off on thinking you're one of the few who confront uncomfortable truths about society but it's just you hiding from the truth. The truth is that they want to appeal to women and minorities. The truth is that 2/21 of these movies have black or female lead, and white men still reign supreme. So all this hand wringing you're doing is pointless. But if the company appeals more and more to other groups in the future, that's the fucking point of capitalism. If there's a market, a product will be made to deliver it. That's what this country is founded on and it's how the economy is supposed to work. You're just mad that it's not working in your favor. Grow up already and get on board. You can't keep coasting on memes from /pol/ your whole life.

>Why do you insist own believing that you are a significant portion of the market?
Why are the theaters empty?

Because these screencaps and photos are a fake pol/incel OP seething there's a superhero with a vagina.

lmao at everyone here on their first day of internet

No! You don't think?

>believing that you are a significant portion of the market?
White men are a significant part of the MCU's market?
>Or that companies should only pander to you?
Cuz the rest of you idiots are broke.

Have sex

>don’t you guys work
Hah
no

Seething. LMAO

How can a movie from the most famous franchise have no viewers on a Friday night?
Most people only can about entrainment and not the politics underneath it
They see a movie is being played, they go "wanna check it out?"
It's not like they're watching interviews and all that shit before, they don't do research
How come no one just bought a ticket by chance?

AMC Lincoln 13 in Manhattan had Thursday night (technically Friday) screenings @ 2am & 5:15am.

>Tfw my local cinema wasn't even fully packed for the 6 PM premiere

Who the fuck do you think are taking the pics?

Empty seats?

FAKE NEWS

THE RUSSIAN BOTS HACKED MY THEATER AND MADE THEM EMPTY

Attached: 1552119562044.png (1064x856, 42K)

It's a typo. It's properly written Burqa-durka

full name Burqa-durka Mohammed Jihad

>150 million opening

lmao

Mar vell haha....

>likes to build clocks
Thanks for the pic user. Haven't had a laugh like that in while.

film noir, Kubrick, etc.

Now? Just fucking put a bullet in it and put it out of its misery

I'm guessing it's because there were a lot of showings and people just went through different times of the day filling less rooms. But wouldn't that fuck up movie theaters?

Psychology.

Even if they make people believe they succeeded when they didn't they still lose money. That would be dumb. Pretty sur eif this movie doesn't at least make 700M it's going to piss off the Mouse.

Well he's a an old school leftist in the comics (grew up poor during the depression, his favorite President is Roosevelt, he participated in the Federal Art Project) but I doubt he would be a current year leftist.

They've got 6 more movies coming for this franchise

Making shit up so it looks popular at the start could trick a fuckton of people and make them even more money down the line

People who made the movie can all get fucked, however people running the theater get unfairly screwed. They don't get to control what the movies are like, they just show them and hope they're popular.

That pic you posted was from a comic where she's trying to deflect Cap confronting her because of her alcoholism, it's why Scarlet Witch is surprised by her bullshit.

In other words Carol scuks.

This is CM showing today at one of the largest cinema at prime time 745
Embarrassing,since my friends who work at the cinema said infinity wars were sold out for 5 days

WTF NEW ZEALAND?

Attached: empty.png (1366x768, 499K)

Oops

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-09-16-47-02-730_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x1350, 356K)

There are a lot of retards here, and they're very vocal, but there aren't THAT many.

This is alita

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-09-16-50-48-414_com.android.chrome.png (1080x2030, 326K)

>Alita is 4 weeks old
>still half the sales of Captain Toe Fungus

based

Green seat is that one dude who'll jack off to Alita during the movie

Can someone explain this fungus meme?

I know about the smiling thing but I must've missed whatever this is

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DON'T

FUCKING

IT

SHUT UP!
I DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER!

>joey salads
lad i wanna believe but joey salads is top tier fake news

>npc

YOU'RE A REAL JERK PAL.

Jesus Christ, did I open Pandora's box or some shit?

go back traveler, this is not a road you want to go down

All screens near me were 1/3 full at best.
Has anyone seen a single shot, or any evidence at all, of a full screen?

>Their willing to risk a big drop off for the opening weekend buzz

People notice huge second week drop offs as well. It has to run well until Endgame to do well.

Yeah, this shit really isn't making me less curious

Attached: v3xTWij.jpg (480x435, 40K)

Attached: 1525616712767.gif (323x221, 208K)

This. Only saw one movie that late at night and it was “quite place”
Specifically waited till the 11:30 screening because anons here memed it

>Can someone explain this fungus meme?

Brie Larson's toes are full of fungus, foot fags have been going crazy because there's nothing worth salvaging of Brie Larson.

Even normies are tired of this shit.

Attached: empty.png (1366x768, 352K)

That's it?

Their reactions made me think she had some sort of super-elephantitis of the toe
I mean fungus is disgusting, but so are feet

I was alone in the showing of Blair Witch project in a theater designed as an internal forrest
I was 12 years old

*knowing nod to my fellow empty theater goers

This is making me real fucking curious
Is there a real mouse conspiracy here since they're reporting 150 mil opening week and shit
Are we gonna get raped by the BBC like with black panther

Boasting to get investors.
They tryhard to get this diversity shit self-sustaining.

Because women don't like capeshit, even if you turn it into #GrrrlPower propaganda. They keep tweeting about YAAS KWEEN SLAY but at the end of the day they don't go watch the movie. It's the same shit that happened with comics. They brought in a bunch of leftist writers to subvert most of their biggest characters and turn them into fags and empowered feminists to please the Tumblr audience, and as a result their sales plummeted and the CEO resigned because at the end of the day the Tumblr audience was never an audience at all.
At least with niggers you can make the argument that there is a market to tap into. Black Panther was a success because niggers are weebs at heart and they actually enjoy anime and capeshit, so there is an incentive in pandering to them.

It’s really really bad.

Fungus toe to foot fags is like force feeding bacon to Muslims. Means nothing to us but means a whole lot to them.

Attached: baltic_girls_iii_by_zaratustraelsabio-d9imkvx.jpg (768x865, 48K)

No. If you check those twitter accounts reporting empty theaters you can see that they are sockpuppets. Some people take movies much too seriously.

>The truth is that they want to appeal to women and minorities.
That’s fine, as long as they don’t alienate their core audience.
>The truth is that 2/21 of these movies have black or female lead, and white men still reign supreme.
This has to be a troll. The objection isn’t to women or minority leads, people like Blade and Alita, it’s the marxist Mary Sue characters.

Don’t assume the core audience is in the bag and start chasing new customers at their expense.

Attached: 1458103129899.jpg (2018x1135, 169K)

Or think of it like this. Most women go to the movies with their bf or husbands. Alienate the men and obviously they won't take their spouse to said movie.

I can't believe that twitter added a cpt marvel smiley.

Alright
Might be why I never heard of it, not much for either Marvel or feet

Thanks though

>sockpuppets
made by the russians?

Yeah, I can't believe Wikipedia made Brie Larson and Captain Marvel their daily featured article.

What a crazy coincidence lol.

As I said I'm not a footfag of any magnitude

But even I can see how that might affect you harshly if you are one
yuck

It actually is

Fuck niggers and fuck children
and fuck people who play on their phone the whole movie
and fuck people who eat food in the theater

Why is he so smug?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-09-02-16-22-1.png (1080x1510, 1.7M)

>Oslo, the epicenter of feminism in Norway
>Saturday
>21:00 IMAX
>Theater half-empty

The numbers were even worse yesterday. I bought a ticket for Alita and snuck into the 4pm screening, and it was just me and 2 purple haired womyn.

Attached: fggfh.png (1064x856, 71K)

you realize it's an actual thing in ghetto shit-cities like New York and Chicago where men do harass women for not smiling right? Most women just ignore it tho desu

you guys tried this for BP too and got BTFO

Didn't Disney buy tickets for little girls? Where are they now?

Wouldn't you be if you got to kill 6 bazillion Jews and then escape your bunker under the guise of being a muslim child, free to kill even more Jews?

Not to mention that you get protected by Cap while he nukes your allied Jap

How do they make any money by buying tickets from themselves?

it's not about making money

>be early as fuck to theater
>hee hee lets take a pic of an empty theater
>does it
>HAHAHA CAPTAIN MARVEL BTFO
so easily lead around by the nose

It's a tax loophole

I live in Shenzhen, theaters are packed here

It's an old trick to save poor received products, distributors buys stocks of them, or in this case lots of tickets, to manipulate the selling stats in order to lure those customers who rely on them, statistically a good percentage of these people will give a positive opinion on the product; this kind of strategy is used in movie industry to recover the production costs, budget and promotion, and to make a decent cash with the home video release.

I ordered tickets online yesterday. Like 75% of the seats were taken, but when I got there it was like 50 people tops in a theater with 250 seats.
Is Disney buying up their own tickets to avoid the embarrassment?

Rent free.

Sold the tickets for food.

>be black
>be poor
>can't afford food or clothing
>Black Panther sends them to see a movie instead

Same thing for these girls.

I'm thinking it's an investment since it's said that Brie signed for 7 movies. Buying some of those tickets to make it appear good would provide payoff for the other 6 movies.

How are Chinese reacting in social media?

Attached: 1550557476941.jpg (2000x2533, 1.43M)

Imagine actually thinking that Disney is buying up all the seats as if a fucking 100 million dollar increase in operations or whatever on the quarterly report is just going to not trigger investors

Feet are disgusting. So when your feet are so disgusting not even fetishists want them, it says something. Makes you wonder what her pussy situation is like.

*ignores 10% sold theaters 10 minutes before the movie pictures*

epic, shill

This isn't just a singular film they can throw away if it bombs. They NEED Captain Marvel to be, or at least be perceived as a success, since it'll be an integral part of the Avengers.

There is no fucking doubt in my mind that they would be willing to lose money on this to push it as a success, because they'll make a hundred times more back later. It's business 101.

What the hell is with this empty theaters thing. I realise that the movie lost some potential viewers with all the racism and feminism but its still marvel movie with massive marketing. How the fuck is it that no one wants to see it

They don't actually buy the seats. They just pay the journalists to generously inflate their box office opening weekend earnings reports in clickbait articles to drive hype and make people who haven't seen the movie feel like they're missing out because the movie is seemingly so popular (but in reality it's not, as evidenced by the "trolls" protesting on youtube and rotten tomatoes etc).

Off dummies that think
>well, if it made that much, then it must be alright

Are you retarded? Do you think there is a non-zero chance that endgame will make less than a billion in sales?

I think they don't like it. Lackluster or something.

Brie Larson emanates anti charisma

there's quite a bit of people out there who stay up very late on Fridays since they get off that day and have no work the next day, I don't see that as a good excuse

I'm talking about what happens after endgame, you mouthbreathing nit.

They've already confirmed that they're in the planning stages of some 20 new films. If it isn't extremely fucking obvious to you that they are planning to build the Avengers around Captain Marvel, you might be in need of some help that only professionals can provide.

I saw the 3rd resident evil movie on it's last day in the theatre. I thought they wouldn't even let me in since I was a kid but when I got in I saw I was the only one in there. Comfiest movie going experience i ever had.

>they just pay the journalists to generously inflate the box office weekend reports
investors who expect the weekend reports to be accurate but then read the quarterly reports to see that they aren't accurate WILL ALSO SELL the stock

You lot will go on and on about Disney does this and how Disney does that but clearly they don't do any of it if it has never shown up in their earnings reports because their liabilities match their assets and their net revenue doesn't fucking budge.

>Imagine actually thinking that Disney is buying up all the seats as if a fucking 100 million dollar increase in operations or whatever on the quarterly report is just going to not trigger investors

>Imagine

It's not the first time a movie has been hardcore shilled to save face. I remember being here around the time The Last Jedi was released and the damage control was off the chart. It is well known that Yea Forums is one of thee places for real dissent and the MCU is one of the sacred cows of Disney. It matters, see video.

youtube.com/watch?v=PX1fCBhuhU4

It's hilarious to watch you incel manbaby white misogynists try to damage control now that the movie is headed for $180 million domestic opening weekend (EXACTLY WHAT WAS ORIGINALLY PREDICTED.)

Ethan Van Scriver and Comicsgate and all you losers who said it was only going to make $80 million (LMAO!!) are literally committing suicide right now because women won the MCU. Where you at World Shit Bullclassers and Umbrella Man and Quarter Pounder and Chicken Flash? We women are waiting for our apology.

Attached: image.jpg (183x195, 22K)

>world wide
>one tweet thats probably fake and from you
ok incel

There are no empty theaters. Every showing from 4pm through midnight today was sold out at my local theater. 24 screens total. Even the early matinees were more than half full. Everyone is seeing this movie.

If there was an empty theater somewhere in America it was either because a bus crashed or a wedding party got canceled. I guarantee you every one of those tickets sold. Everyone is seeing this movie.

>going to a movie theater in 2019
hello boomer
what the hell could you even possibly be going to see? there hasn't been a good movie made in decades

t.seething tranny

People who have billions of dollars invested in Disney are the types of people who know that millions of idiots will pay to go see a movie just because they think it's successful because they don't want to miss out. They know not to trust the box office figures reported in the press because they control the fucking press.

> Why do you insist own believing that you are a significant portion of the market?

Because White males ARE the significant portion of the capeshit market, this isn’t debatable.

> Or that companies should only pander to you?

I was addressing the claim that Disney / Marvel (and Hollywood in general) are wholly concerned about making a profit but if that were the case, they wouldn’t have made a movie that’s literally designed to piss off their primary customer base, all the more so after the back-lash that resulted from the feminization of Star Wars.

> Or that the agendas you hate sell better than the ones you like?

Except everything we’re seeing says the agenda Disney is shilling with Captain Marvel _isn’t_ selling better; obviously paid off movie critics, censoring Rotten Tomatoes, empty movie theaters, YouTube manipulation to suppress negative vids, etc.

If Captain Marvel was such a success, none of this would be happening and I’ll point out that Wonder Woman managed to appeal to chicks without pissing off guys.

Attached: 5af5c7ebd18c4.jpg (720x725, 54K)

I checked mine, literally a new screening every 20 minutes! Lmao. How is that possible? This is in the Carolinas.

Yea Forums alt-right incels BTFO again

>ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak shows that 23% of the audience bought their tickets more than a week ago, while Captain Marvel is drawing 55% in walk-up business. More than half of all movegoers came to Captain Marvel because it’s part of a franchise they love.

>#Fail for ultra right-wingers’ bogus and ignorant call for an #AlitaChallenge this weekend (the pic is -55% in weekend 4 with $3.2M in 5th place), which has nothing to do with their love for the James Cameron produced/Robert Rodriguez film, rather their blase social media attempt to draw business away from Captain Marvel. Not only do they fail to recognize that that Alita is a film about a lower-class uprising, sticking it to the man; but also any future money from the movie belongs to Disney. By the way some of those raising ire over Captain Marvel are the same stone-throwers that got James Gunn fired off Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. The masses clearly aren’t swayed by such ugly noise, and point in fact, most Marvel movies (Captain America: Civil War, Black Panther) have a political undertone, which is what makes them smart and great and enables the comic book studio to win over critics, in addition to delivering popcorn adrenaline.

Why do people post on twitter if they are not a celebrity or an organisation. Who reads the posts. It's not a novelty thing anymore.

This is beyond my comprehension

Attached: bachus orgy.gif (499x361, 962K)

How's the movie designed to piss off the primary customer base? And no your pee pee not getting hard enough isn't a scheme against you.

>all these theatre pics are just of the seats, not even showing the screen when the movie is on

Yet we both are on Yea Forums and discus this instead of European kino.

when there are more american posts about tottaly empty theaters than there were screenings

According to Deadline, which rips white males in their report...
>64% of CM tickets bought by males!
>22% CM tickets bought by 25+ females (2nd highest demo)
>40% all tix are white buyers

This is just insane.

Maybe because they're watching the movie you sack of maggot crap

>>going to a movie theater in 2019
>hello boomer

51 year old here, and it ain't people my age going to theaters (I haven't been to one since 2003) but kids and teenagers, which is why Hollywood has been going full-retard with cartoons and capeshit flicks.

Attached: typical theater goers.jpg (512x288, 47K)

You peolpe are insane

in berlin they show lots of cool new movies... last one I saw was "Aga" about an ageing Siberian Eskimos couple living in a yurt . Kino as fuck

Cope harder femcel

Can it really be considered a hit if Disney themselves bought all the tickets?

Disney has fucking vaults of cash. They can lose a billion here and there. What really fucks them is if they look like they're losing money, especially with things that absolutely should not be failing. That's when investors jump ship, movie crews want to work with other studios, companies reject buyouts, and so on.

even normies are getting bored of capeshit plus of course the noass disaster

Do you honestly believe that Disney bought 150 million dollars in tickets without anyone finding out?

Unless you shut down the entire theatre your costs are practically fixed from day to day (as you can adjust staffing levels upwards for the periods where lots of people show up like saturday night, sunday etc), so you might as well put sessions on the list and attempt to make money.
If one person shows up to an otherwise empty theatre that's still probably enough money to pay for the electricity for that specific showing of the movie.

Me too, back in the good old days... Also your trips never would have gone unchecked 10 years ago

>More than half of all movegoers came to Captain Marvel because it’s part of a franchise they love.

This is just a straight-up lie, as Captain Marvel has NEVER been a popular franchise even with hard-core comics fans, (let alone normies who weren't even aware of the character until the movie came out) as evidenced by the perennially shitty comic sales and Marvel's continual re-booting of the series in an attempt to drum up some kinda interest.

Attached: c4e579b64ed6c52e7cd5fb165940f65c.jpg (600x761, 47K)

There's nothing inherently wrong with that, early cinema was filled with cartoon/superhero double features. The difference is going to see Flash Gordon/Donald Duck didn't cost you fifteen dollars a pop.

>How's the movie designed to piss off the primary customer base?

Have you been living under a rock?

Not everyone takes a photo of the movie they're watching like you, you huge fucking faggot.

This is getting really pathetic.

Yes, because that is their agenda. If this movie is SAID to have sold well, the other 6 films featuring Marvel will also sell well.

Usually friday is way more "cinema day" than saturday so if friday night has gone pretty much empty i'd expect saturday will be even worse.

Attached: Pepe Pagliacci.gif (511x512, 105K)

44 so far

Attached: marvel.jpg (900x389, 58K)

>just because I post some pictures the theaters are empty worldwide, trust me guys!

have sex

WHY DO PEOPLE POST ON TWITTER?
why would a normal person intrude on the time and attention of others for the sake of sharing a useless and most of the time private and boring opinion. I dont get it. I'm not an autist. Pls explain. Have YOU posted on twitter, wtf ?

A lot of those tickets are comped.

>college students free tickets
>$50 worth of goods from Levi's
>auto-redeemed when using certain credit cards

They're all marked as sold.

we hate this movie too

It's going to be successful, try a different meme because this one is doing to backfire. Judy go back to feet posting or something

they are talking about the MCU in general, not Cap Marvel

>which is why Hollywood has been going full-retard with cartoons and capeshit flicks.
>There's nothing inherently wrong with that

I'm not saying it, just pointing out that "boomers" aren't the issue here.

How does that prove that Disney is buying out theaters rather then local businesses promoting themselves through movies?

Why do you post on 4channel?

because they're losers who dont get enough affirmation in real life

it's just shitposting on Yea Forums for people who don't want to say nigger every second sentence

>We women
Autism detected

Not to mention Disney setting up shell companies to “buy” tickets from Disney, which then counts that as “profit” for the parent corporation and come tax time when the shell company shows a huge loss, Disney gets a tax break writing them off as a loss.

It’s a win-win situation and they pulled the same shit with Black Panther.

>hundreds of thousands of tickets are given away for free
>they are count as sold
>theaters count those tickets
>nobody shows up
>theaters are empty, even tough they are "sold out"

Are you fucking retarded? Do you not have a single thought process?

I just want to watch the world burn with (you) user.

Attached: 1541317596885.jpg (1012x712, 142K)

>they are talking about the MCU in general, not Cap Marvel

Sure, but they're implying people are going to Captain Marvel because she's a such a great character.

Is that good or bad? It doesn't sound like a lot.

So people are putting up shots of empty theatres on twitter. Screens are blank with nothing else to indicate it's actually a screening of the movie in question other than their say so? Ooh, sounds real legit there.

Wow kill yourself you fuckin drone

why not, totally different story, you don't have a name here and posts are random, you haven't subscribed to get them or anything.
I can understand the idea of attention whoring and why people keep writing posts on twitter.
But I cannot wrap my mind around who would read all that crap...most tweets aren't probably eveen from close friends

This happens with litterally every single movie retard. This does not prove anything other then local business using local movies to advertise their products, fucking Yea Forums rots the brain I swear to god.

Holy fucking digits...

Attached: 1550469842367.gif (288x287, 889K)

There's pics of online reservation showing seats too you nigger

Nice dubs but you are not a very intelligent person

But it's similar to posting here, and you don't have to use your real name. Both are social medias just different formats.

Cause I don’t believe retarted conspiracy theory’s based off of twitter screencaps?

>happens with every movie

Star Wars and Black Panther.

>Seething Femcel

That sounds like a threat.

Are you saying that didn’t happen with those two?

haha we did it fellow kekistani. disney is dead

>sleepy town
>suprised place is empty
lool

you been FUNGUS STRUCK DA NA NA NAAAA

All the other posters are correct. Also Disney is counting on word-of-sales for lack of a better term. They think people care about box office numbers so much that if they hear a movie has sold well they will want to see it too.

You realize small towns are the ones that constantly sell out theaters? Big cities are where you should expect most empty/half-filled theaters should be.

They signed this boring bitch for 7 movies. If the first fails they are fucked. Spend 100 million buying tickets, another 100 million on feminists to write articles about how evil white men are. Boom, 5 billion the next 7 movies.

Based kid

Its fucking atrocious

I went to TFA premiere in my cinema and it was more or less at that hour on a Thursday. It was packed.
This shit should be also packed specially considering it is a Friday

>likes to build clocks
excellent meme

Attached: 7724EAB8-450E-4EF0-9C6E-D45CA9AE1AE7.jpg (917x769, 127K)

Based diggies

Attached: before-2-0-1506738586.png (480x425, 312K)

The builds clocks bit is gold user

See They can't afford to have Captain Marvel look like it bombed, because they're going to build Avengers around her after Endgame. So they'll happily lose money on this first one, since they'll make it back a hundred times over later on.

>Hey Didney, I'm looking for a female lead for a superhero movie with %75 white male audience
>Well you're in luck, we found a no ass fake tits blonde that publicly hates white males on social media
>Nice, this will impress shareholders in current year, sign her to 7 films.

Attached: Mouse.jpg (300x250, 14K)

The theater I saw it in was sold out.

>It is well known that Yea Forums is one of thee places for real dissent
What are the other two?

You're all fucking stupid, you want this movie to fail so bad that you're using confirmation bias too hard.

>a few people post pictures of empty theatres despite opening in thousands worldwide
>LOL CONSPIRACY DISNEY IS BUYING TICKETS MOVIE ACTUALLY FLOPPED!

Movie will at least clear 800m worldwide, you niggas have to understand that internet drama will not impact the general populous when it comes to seeing a movie or not.

Attached: interesting.webm (400x300, 441K)

They post for their IRL friends. Cope harder nolifer.

And empty?

>There are no empty theaters.
There is, and many at that despite it being screened like crazy, at weekends, and everything. Screens on 200-400+ seats with only 5-10 bought, even though it's starting in a few minutes, is normal. Even IMAX struggling to be half-full.

Absolutely subarashii.
Women btfo

Anybody else starting to get pro captain marvel videos in their YouTube recommended list? They seem to removed all the negative one I was watching.

>Confirmation bias

I've been following the seat reservation for the biggest theater in Oslo, the epicenter of feminism in Norway, since the opening. See And like I said there, I actually went to see it yesterday, with a whole two other people in the theater. I haven't seen anything like it before. Even Solo sold out at least 70% of the seats in this theater during the opening weekend.

>with a whole two other people in the theater

And might I add, when I booked the ticket online, there were about 15 other reservations. I wonder where all those people went, since they sure as fuck didn't watch the movie.

>comparing
>TFA
>one of the most anticipated movies in the last decade
to
>Captain Marvel
>at best, a decent movie that mostly serve as filler connective tissue between Infinity War and Endgame
yikes the desperation

Consider that the first projections were at $180 millions. Then they go down to 160, 120, 100 and finally 80.

> "man of god"
> unfuckable face

KEK, this incel....

Maybe the problem is that the women in New York and Chicago have a permanent bitch face and it's bumming everybody out.

Femcel detected

I hear that Disney has been buying tickets in order to inflate the opening weekend.

Will make BvS 2nd week drop look like kids stuff.

Kek

Disney buys tickets for empty theaters

this is from the Philippines literally no one showed up, legit surprised considering how much we suck us cocks around here

Attached: 53439505_10211506808020734_976303739201650688_n.jpg (960x960, 183K)

Attached: 7BB10742-DD5C-431B-B689-548E42E59DA1.jpg (750x394, 203K)

didn't disney buy out theaters to screen CM alone? whatever came out of that?

Attached: 1546374829645.png (1037x1037, 1.47M)

Attached: brieass.jpg (368x552, 64K)

They were doing stuff like that for solo too. They just add it in as part of the marketing budget.

Attached: paid.jpg (651x148, 36K)

Literally by tricking retards to think Captain Marvel is such a popular movie that they must see it themselfs

I wonder if Disney is doing this shit in theaters outside of the US.

>empty foreign theaters
>"sell" 20-50 seats in select theaters
>they're actually empty seats

If you add up seats globally, that's probably half a million in inflated sales.

I'm not surprised. There's nothing else that's playing at the movie cinema. Based on what I've heard it mediocre, and every actor is good except for Brie

Not a footfag, but if you’re going to a fucking red carpet event in open toed shoes, should’nt that be something you take care of????

t. footfag

He could be worse.

NeoPets and Timecube

No you retarded zommer trash. An internet forum, even if it's not anonymous is not social media.

the first tracking figure was 100, the 180 isn't found outside of a handful of clickbait blogs with no source.

based retard

Humans are social creatures. Our genes are dead-set to make us wanna share experiences and stories. Communication, and the wisdom and information transfered with it, increases our chances of survival. Not just for us, but virtually all mammals on this planet. Communication means life.

My point is: Like our instincts for food, shelter or procreation, we have a strong urge for socializing, too. And like those other instincts, people who know what they're doing can very, very easily tap into our urges and manipulate us. Social Media was cleverly designed for exactly that reason, because they know that 99.99% of the "normie" dumbdumbs will fall for it and give in to their base needs to share their every opinion and thought they have about everything. Something that used to be much more privated and confined to a small group of people (like family or friends), can now VERY easily be shared with millions of people.

Attached: 1551944767229.png (645x1782, 655K)

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "Brie Larson is toxic" and "Her movie is shit!" and other slurs I dare not mention. Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.

I don't feel awkward or anxious going to watch Captain Marvel at least five times around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives. This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful movie that has been made for us - and it IS powerful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We Captain Marvel fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow fans, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.

Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you.

I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that Captain Marvel and Brie are such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others. I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Stop watching porn and anime, go to cinema to watch Captain Marvel, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of this movie, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.................

>I remember being here around the time The Last Jedi was released
i'm so sorry i didn't realise i was in conversation with a genuine oldfag, it's an honour

archive.li/FSksF
>The film could garner opening-weekend ticket sales of about $125 million in theaters in the U.S. and Canada, rivaling (male) Marvel colleagues Iron Man and Thor. Shawn Robbins, chief analyst at the research site Box Office Pro, put his estimate at $160 million.
I'm not argue against bloomberg and the likes being clickbait, but still.
>inb4 b-but it's not 180
I'm sure there were some "reputable" agencies that put such numbers but later "revisited" them. But even if not, 160 is pretty much in the same "over the top" projection category.

Have sex

>Consider that the first projections were at $180 millions
Weren't those for the weekend? The weekend has just started.

We'll see, though lack of any hype, bad scores across the net and empty theaters saying that if even they manage to manipulate box office numbers, it will be a biggest flop ever afterward.

When will these hollywood kikes realize that militant feminism is a total money draining cancer