So he can somehow just see everything that happened in every crime scene for no particular reason?

so he can somehow just see everything that happened in every crime scene for no particular reason?

Attached: hannibal.jpg (317x159, 6K)

schizophrenia

They couldn't think of any other way to convey speedy processing of vast amounts of data or the thought process that accompanies it so they put a holodeck in his skull.

weaponized autism

see
he was capable of same shit that's why he had this job in the first place. that's why they (and he) didn't want to overdo it because he would end up like hannibal. which he kinda did

Oh I didn't realize we were pretending it's real

my favorite answer so far
dont get me wrong liking the series so far (only episode 5) but ya

extreme empathy autism. he can look at a bunch of evidence and feel what the killer was feeling. basically a superpower

The longer you watch, the worse it gets, sadly.

its not real but thats how he is. he thinks just like a serial killer and when hes at the crime scene he can literally step into their shoes and reenact the murder/s

More over the top it gets, but in a good way

to be able to watch everything for the first time again...
your opinion is a wreck

Didnt they drop that off after season 1? I dont remember that skill of his being played after season 1

It was still good right up until Red Dragon.
From then on it just goes off a cliff (until they go off a literal cliff).

He literally has autism, they said it in the first episode.

Can you imagine if people said this shit about Rain Man?
>WOOOOW YOU REALLY EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THIS GUY CAN JUST COUNT CARDS LIKE THAT?

Just finished reading Red Dragon, it's a great book, I'm sad we haven't seen a great adaption. I thought Mindhunter was a great spiritual adaption, it takes place in the 70's when the concept of serial killing is new and the protagonist is fascinated to the point of obsession with the killers, he has no problem pouring over the evidence to adapt their point of view while other agents are disgusted by it. They treat it like a superpower in the show but in the books he's just naturally desensitized, highly empathetic, and creative.

Attached: netflix-mindhunter3_.jpg (900x600, 32K)

Manhunter was kino.

Attached: Manhunter Movie Poster.jpg (1920x1080, 216K)

This, I saw Manhunter before anything else.
Would've liked to see Brian Cox get another shot at Lecter somehow, but I don't see how & still gotten Hopkins.

>in the books he's just naturally desensitized, highly empathetic, and creative
yeah, i remember really liking will graham in the novel. favorite version so far.

i always had an idea for a spinoff show before they thought of doing a hannibal show where it involves a young jack crawford in his early days at the fbi and him eventually forming the BSU

I can't believe how badly Bryan Fuller fucked up Red Dragon and the amount of stuff he cut out of Dolarhyde's character. In one instance, he admitted he purposely tried to hide Dolarhyde's necrophiliac tendencies toward his female victims because he found it too icky and inappropriate (in a fucking Hannibal show of all things).

i wouldnt say he was born desensitized its just they imply he seen some shit while he was a homiside cop in new orleans plus after he killed garret jacob hobbs and saw what he did to his daughter it affected him severley

They really went full retard with Francis; and as a whole that's when it started getting beyond eye-rolling to full on groanworthy with the constant shout outs to movie lines & scenes rearranged into near fucking satire.
The show was more than good enough to look past that before, but they never leaned on it so hard.
The whole "What, should we talk in secret code, fan letters on toilet tissue?" thing nearly made me drop the remaining episodes.

it was a really stupid show

this. if the borderline supernatural events of season 3 happened at the start of the show, it would be unwatchable, but the earlier seasons prime you expertly to suspend your disbelief.

This series has a few moments of comedykino. Like Hannibal patting a sheep right before someome bursts out of a horse's corpse

>The whole "What, should we talk in secret code, fan letters on toilet tissue?"
Jesus, what a middle finger, Fuller really has no respect for all the details that make the characters so smart, it's the same thing as Sherlock, being smart is a superpower and Hannibal is invincible. Shame, I thought Richard Armitage did a great job as Dolarhyde.

Attached: Dolarhyde_TV.jpg (1224x760, 114K)

He was good, until they started making him act really retarded. Right around Chilton's kidnapping it was getting nearly unwatchable with how over the top everything was. Wasn't frightening or intimidating at all, just comical.
Really feels like they found out they were cancelled right as they were starting the RD stuff & just completely lost interest, it's such a sudden drop in quality.

He's severely autistic

Imagine being this fucking wrong.

Intense autism. Yet at the same time he's also incredibly handsome, charismatic and capable...but whatever. Great show.

POST THE DAMN PUMPKINS

He's the exact opposite of autistic. Autistic people have trouble empathizing with others. Will empathizes so hard that he can put himself in the same mindset of the killers and understand them perfectly. He can imagine what they would do while killing. He empathizes with Hannibal so much that he starts to adopt similar urges and personality traits. Showing him perform the crimes and stuff is just a cinematic technique to let you know what's going on in his head.

watch season 2 and 3 again