Just watched this and it was pure fucking fun

Just watched this and it was pure fucking fun

Attached: aquaman-box-office.jpg (2000x1333, 631K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/2018/12/movie-review-aquaman-hollywood-fails-myth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

correct

Genuinely a great adventure movie, simple as that
Felt like Indiana Jones + some Star Wars

Pure fucking pleb shit, numale.
>But Aquaman, as directed by James Wan and reconceived by Warners executives chasing after Marvel’s jackpot, is all about copycat desperation — and shrillness. Wan and Warners resort to imitating James Cameron’s Avatar. Aquaman teams with mermette Mera (Amber Heard) and tours through several underwater realms — Atlantis, Kingdom of the Brine — resembling Avatar’s Pandora, yet still not wondrous enough to match the various interstellar pageants of Luc Besson’s Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. Wan’s Aquaman is anti-cinematic; its video-game compositions are illogical. The animation’s swirling, non-stop movement is too fast, too zoomy. There’s no build-up to the Kingdom of the Brine extravaganza, which has supersized lobsters and crabs and other Lord of the Rings–style nonsense, multiplied to a million digitized bits. Not since the Star Wars reboots has “visual beauty” been so disorganized, and therefore unearned.
nationalreview.com/2018/12/movie-review-aquaman-hollywood-fails-myth/

>a mouse appears

I just finished watching it and it was fucking great.

it was too long. i really really wanted to love it but it wa sjust too long it dragged

It was a horrible film.

>“What could be greater than a king? A Hero. A king fights for his nation. You fight for everybody!”
Imagine defending a movie made for MCU fans that loved Obamas america
holy fuck

Y'all niggas know this was kino af

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 7.08.48 PM.png (1092x684, 585K)

>Genuinely a great adventure movie
OP here, you know, I just realized that, you are absolutely right. I finished it just 20 mins ago and while watching it, I couldnt exactly put my finger on why am I enjoying this ant not being utterly bored like when watching any other DC or some of the shitty Marvel capeshit flicks, but now that you said it, yes, this was definitely a great "adventure movie". Reminded me of all those adventure movies from the 90s that I enjoyed as a kid, rather than just another edgy capeshit, it had great locations, some fun scenes and you were always entertained by the new location they visit.
Dont think I've had so much fun with an "adventure" movie since I watched that Tintin movie that came out 7-8 years ago.

Also, Mera a qt

the moment that really defined it as a great adventure flick for me was when that ultimate CRINGE pitbull song came on, and yet i didn't hate it, and then went on to realize it set the mood for the goofy desert sequence to follow

this scene honestly needed rap

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 10.55.31 PM.png (855x414, 402K)

jellyfish dress

Attached: jellydress.jpg (450x450, 41K)

nope, wouldve made it cringe

kek yeah, the soundtrack was one if the shittier parts if the movie. But yeah, I definitely didn't expect an Aquaman movie to have a big part of it in fucking Sahara, it was a nice surprise.

Also, Black Manta and the Ocean King guy were surprisingly good villains, managed to walk the line between cheesy fun and interesting villain pretty good

Brie was Miscast

Wow, a full essay of shit. Amazing.

So when is the sequel?

In like 4 years, DC prove again how fucking retarded they are and instead of capitalizing on the success of one of the few good movies they managed to make, they are going to release a sequel when everyone has forgotten about it.

Based ADHD zoomer

Fuck this DC shit. Watch Captain Marvel instead

i'm almost done downloading, you guys mind if i post drunk screencaps ITT in a bit?

BORN ON
THE WRONG SIDE OF THE OCEAN

with all the tides against you

Post Mera

i will. i'm waching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon behind the scenes footage while i wait, and man, i plan to do a thread about this movie tomorrow night. I forgot how top tier this movie was

Yes please

the music they chose was cringe

Hi Zoomer

it was not. it fit the character. it was relevant and it set the mood.

Waifu

Attached: mera.png (1366x768, 1.69M)

Did Toto by Pitbull set the mood as well?

yes

This scene really reminded me of a Wes Anderson movie

Also, now I wanna see a Lovecraft movie directed by James Wan

yes, it stated: this is chad and stacy adventures

>doubting Mr. Worldwide
Dale

She was genuinely good in it but my dick was disappointed there were no bikini shots.

download is done boys
here we fucking go

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-08-22h53m40s086.png (1920x1090, 982K)

Reminded me too much of Marvel

>maybe this will jog your memory

what did he mean?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 9.39.35 PM.png (881x368, 502K)

I know right. It was a DC movie that actually made a profit.

a great saturday afternoon movie to watch with ur kids
wish theyd release the bluray

through quips, CGI action and underdeveloped villain. Smells like mouse formula.

GOD DAMNIT THE FUCKING SPARKS DOWNLOAD SAID IT WAS 5.1 BUT IT LIED

Bruh, did you download a fucking yifi release, this looks like shit.
A pretty good quality RIP came out a few days ago, check

It perfectly expressed the characters autistic qualities
Your the cringe

Man, I fucking loved Black Manta.
He reminded me of all those Power Rangers-like shows I've watched as a kid.

Attached: Masked_Rider_(TV_series).jpg (250x187, 20K)

i mean STRiFE download

Attached: 1548040054131.webm (1920x816, 2.84M)

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-08-23h18m39s824.png (1920x1090, 1.86M)

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-08-23h20m45s241.png (1920x1090, 1.92M)

>tfw ywn be a comfy light house keeper, chilling in your cozy light house on the beach while one day a 10/10 mermaid comes and falls in live with you

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-08-23h27m41s860.png (1920x1090, 1.36M)

One of the most boring movies I've watched this year, almost fell asleep

That scene was fucking godlike. Pure Kino.

i just watched it tonight
it was good
i clapped when his mom told him she'd always be wtih him
and I clapped when he saved the little girl from the falling rock
and I liked when he beat the big bad monster by talking to it

Underrated moment desu

Probably the best superhero movie in the past 5 years, or more. genuinely was a fun watch. cause it was an adventure movie, and not your typical capeshit.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-08-23h53m44s075.png (1920x1090, 1.65M)

if only i'd known what a dick you'd turn out to be

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-08-23h56m40s800.png (1920x1090, 2.04M)

Orm did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1545442900764.jpg (1700x767, 93K)

this web dl is nice but i can't wait for the bluray

They’re legitimately making a spin off about this scene I’m not even joking

I fucking loved how early 2000s this scene was

i thought the cast had good chemistry

while you betray it

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-09-00h36m34s192.png (1920x1090, 2.28M)

It was very aesthetically pleasing for me. I wish the entirety of the movie were underwater.

Amber Heard's character seemed forced to me.
>(oh Im so smart and youre just Conan the barbarian ;))
It was fun.

It was pretty cool, the kiss in the middle of an active battlefield was dumb though, should have waited till the end of the movie or idelly the sequel.

It's a little bit unfocused, and holy shit does a lot of stuff happen in this movie. It is crammed packed with scenes, the first 40 something minutes feel like a movie in itself but compressed. And I am not saying that as a bad thing. It's actually a really good first attempt at making an aqua man movie. I enjoyed it more than the average Marvel cape shit movie. The effects are solid, of CG heavy.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-09-01h03m40s431.png (1920x1090, 1.91M)

i love movie soundtracks bros

love depeche mode, but yeah it felt really off here.
Mb some 90s gangsta rap would have fittet in

it was mediocre but that battle scene was pure fuckin kino. it was as close as ive seen for the ridiculousness that is warhammer 40k.

His hair is confusing me

Attached: am.webm (952x534, 2.2M)

honestly i preffer dc to just pump out a good movie every 4 years, instead of being locked trying to make a "good movie" every fucking year and failing at it.

sure, have fun mate.

to be honest yes, it didnt bother me and actually did set the tone very well.

cero bullshit tho.

2 years seems reasonable, 4? No.

fuckin love Orm.

Attached: chase.webm (940x540, 1.54M)

>OCEANMASTER

>Yet another shill trying to hype up a movie that tanked

Aquaman is one of the rare movies that I stopped watching. I waited for it to get better but it never did.

Attached: tunnel.webm (940x602, 1.26M)

>that tanked

Attached: 1551077258358.jpg (500x525, 27K)

you are correct. i had very few gripes with it. one of my problems was a visual one. to fit characters into closeup shots, they often downsized momoa to be closer in height to the females he was in scenes with. i get that they wanted their closeups, but just allow the guy to impose a little bit. i assume they hired him in part because of his imposing stature goddamn.

but it was a lot of fun. i liked the initial fight sequence a lot, particularly when he picks up the one guy and runs through the doorway.

Based y’all niggas know poster

she's my girlfriend. i feel less alive than when we first met though. almost like my life force is being drained. i'm sure it's nothing though haha.

i was happy doctore didn't die. i thought for sure he and green goblin were goners.

It was really nice movie, they didn't complicate things, visuals were nice, mamoa wasn't taking himself seriously, side characters were allright and "she's a mistery" to me fit really nice in that sicily scene. Figths were allright, and the whole movie did what it meant to do.

fun is a buzzword

True, DC really stepped up this time, it was just as good or even better than a Marvel movie, and I say that as a dominantly Marvel fanboi (I like DC comics I just like Marvel more) ... But I think we all overlook the most important question in the movie ... What the fuck happened with the surviving crab people ?!?!? Did the join Atlantis now that it's ruled by a cool guy ? Did they all die when the kraken (don't remember her real name lol sorry) emerged from the core ?!?!? I liked those motherfuckers, hope they're ok

No it wasn't. It was shit. how much are the jews paying you?

Disney shill review bot has arrived.

based jellyfish dress poster

It was solid, but flawed. Too much CGI fighting (mainly in the duel scene). I get that the whole world is CGI, but the least you could do is cut down on using it for the hand-to-hand combat.

Camera work was junk. I've chosen this webm as the prime example.

(Don't follow the rock.)

Attached: aquaman.2018.1080p.web.h264-strife.webm (960x540, 1.02M)

Yea Forums is breeding ground for retards.

Attached: aquaman kiss.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

Attached: mera jellyfish 1.webm (2048x1638, 2.99M)

Attached: mera jellyfish 2.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

Why didn't Aquaman look like Orm? Why is he now a halfnig?

The gay furry in yt made compelling argument about the movie being shit

I've never read any comics but I've always wondered, what the hell do all the other heroes get up to while one of them is defending humanity? Like in this one, it's clear there were global ramifications but Aquaman was the only one dealing with the situation, what were Superman/Batman etc. getting up to, shouldn't they have been preparing to defend humanity from the atlanteans?

This is something I should just ignore for the sake of it, isn't it?

weakest part of the movie but i loved the movie

jellycute

absolute KINO

It was just a Black Panther but with far more creative visuals and at least some hot women.

Attached: Brapperman (2018) WEBRip.H.264.1080p.mkv_snapshot_02.07.36_[2019.03.08_19.38.22].jpg (1920x1080, 996K)

Oh god the botox in her could fill 4 Tom Cruises.

You rush things for a CG heavy movie, you wind up with shit that looks like Spider-Man Homecoming or Black Panther, where it looks like scenes pulled from 8 year old games.

Attached: Aquaman in 120s.webm (320x180, 2.91M)

it was about equal to Thor, with a better world, Thor was mostly placed in a SyFy back lot